Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jigsaw918']I wish the 22nd and 26th games could be leaked already!!! I want to know if I should wait to get Guardians of Middle Earth! If it's not on sale, I'm just going to get it tomorrow[/QUOTE]

The game that came out last week? I'm SURE that'll be on sale.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hmmm the only two Lego games I do not own is LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones 2...Is it worth 1600 points or should I just get them physical for $10-15 each? I rather own the physical disc...but it is nice to get them both for $20. Opinions are most welcome.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I prefer physical copies of games since the $ difference is not so much. But if you're a cheap ass gamer, you could get them cheaper on digital copy with my cards in my signature or if you have some save sitting around, use them!

I really hope Ninja Gaiden 2 Games on Demand version goes for sale. I want a copy to have on my HDD so i can just play it whenever i'm in the mood without having to swap out whatever game i'm currently playing.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I really hope Ninja Gaiden 2 Games on Demand version goes for sale. I want a copy to have on my HDD so i can just play it whenever i'm in the mood without having to swap out whatever game i'm currently playing.[/QUOTE]
that would be sweet. except i haven't even opened my disc copy yet.

[quote name='confoosious']why are there 2 kinect partys? One is an add-on but description is all messed up.

Both are free.[/QUOTE]

I believe the plus signs are add ons, so both game and add ons are free.

Modern Warfare 3 $30 fucking dollars ON SALE? you gotta be shitting my carrot party. What the fuck. If this is how the sale is going to be I'm already depressed.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Modern Warfare 3 $30 fucking dollars ON SALE? you gotta be shitting my carrot party. What the fuck. If this is how the sale is going to be I'm already depressed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you have to consider that's off the standard Games On Demand price, so it's a decent markdown, but not a good deal. I'm hoping for 50% off the actual XBLA games.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Modern Warfare 3 $30 fucking dollars ON SALE? you gotta be shitting my carrot party. What the fuck. If this is how the sale is going to be I'm already depressed.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I still think that's a bit pricey. I'm just going to wait for their game of the year edition or something.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Modern Warfare 3 $30 fucking dollars ON SALE? you gotta be shitting my carrot party. What the fuck. If this is how the sale is going to be I'm already depressed.[/QUOTE]You must not check out the Games on Demand prices if that actually surprises you. They're extremely stingy with those, but once in a while they drop the price of certain games to $10 or so that cost significantly more on disc such as War for Cybertron, Hitman: Blood Money, and Metro 2033. It's not really worth paying attention to though, since whenever they do discount the more rare games people will definitely mention it in this thread.

[quote name='VVaffle']You must not check out the Games on Demand prices if that actually surprises you. They're extremely stingy with those, but once in a while they drop the price of certain games to $10 or so that cost significantly more on disc such as War for Cybertron, Hitman: Blood Money, and Metro 2033. It's not really worth paying attention to though, since whenever they do discount the more rare games people will definitely mention it in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah some aren't awful, but most are, like Mortal Kombat for $49.99 for the non-komplete version with no DLC. That's insane.

what time will the games update to the sale price ? is it just 30 more minutes ? I am already up this late, but dont know if I should stay awake to start downloads so I can play tomorrow morning before work

[quote name='jigsaw918']I wish the 22nd and 26th games could be leaked already!!! I want to know if I should wait to get Guardians of Middle Earth! If it's not on sale, I'm just going to get it tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Got this link in an e-mail about Guardians of Middle Earth. It's about joining Xbox LIVE Rewards and getting the Season Pass for FREE. 1200 MSP value.

http://rewards.xbox.com/guardians/

Edit: nevermind, looks like it's been out since 12/5 and I can only assume 100 Rewards members already got the Season Pass for FREE.

I mean I get MW3 being high priced normally I guess. But I mean after black friday deals I just felt like that game in particular should be cheaper in this extreme xbox sale. At least 20. I just assumed all call of duty players had moved on to black ops or MW4 or Black Ops 2 hence this game would be discounted way more. Oh well.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I mean I get MW3 being high priced normally I guess. But I mean after black friday deals I just felt like that game in particular should be cheaper in this extreme xbox sale. At least 20. I just assumed all call of duty players had moved on to black ops or MW4 or Black Ops 2 hence this game would be discounted way more. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

MW4 doesn't exist.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']what time will the games update to the sale price ? is it just 30 more minutes ? I am already up this late, but dont know if I should stay awake to start downloads so I can play tomorrow morning before work[/QUOTE]

You could just download the trials of the games you want, then when you buy them you only have to download a tiny unlock file. Just can't do it for DLC.

i can see online that sonic 4 episode 2 is 600 ms points, wont be on my xbox until about 8am, anyone know if this is the sale price, havent been paying attention to its msrp

[quote name='nightmarishhero']i can see online that sonic 4 episode 2 is 600 ms points, wont be on my xbox until about 8am, anyone know if this is the sale price, havent been paying attention to its msrp[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 600 is the sales price

Can't say about sonic, but when i checked on xbox.com, Joe Danger 2 was 1200, but on my Xbox, it was 400. So maybe go to the Sonic game through your xbox and click on it like you were about to buy it and see if the price is lowered.

A world for Keflings - 400 (50%) DLC showing as 160 (50%) The other is still at 320.
Plants vs Zombies - 600 (50%)
Sonic 4 Episode II - 600 (50%)
Sonic The Hedgehog - 160 (60%)
RAW - 400 (50%)
Wreckateer - 200 (75%)
Joe Danger 2 - 400 (66%)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 (50%)
Jet Set Radio - 400 (50%)
The Simpsons Arcade - 600 (25%)
Super Meat Boy - 600 (50%)
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 (50%)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 (50%)
Peggle - 400 (50%) DLC 200 (50%)

Here are the prices for the Arcade games.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-arcade-games

Might as well ask here too, I guess.

Are any of you a fan of the Lego games? I enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, out of all the rest of them, which one is the best???

Not 100% sure but they may be going to change the price on the other Kefling's DLC. I redownloaded WoK & It Came from Outerspace. I purchased the Candy themed DLC. Then I tried to check the price of the Zombie DLC and I got an error message. Not conclusive of course but if you are considering one of the other DLC packs I would at least wait until the end of the day before purchasing.

[quote name='a box of fish']A world for Keflings - 400 (50%) DLC showing as 160 (50%) The other is still at 320.
Plants vs Zombies - 600 (50%)
Sonic 4 Episode II - 600 (50%)
Sonic The Hedgehog - 160 (60%)
RAW - 400 (50%)
Wreckateer - 200 (75%)
Joe Danger 2 - 400 (66%)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 (50%)
Jet Set Radio - 400 (50%)
The Simpsons Arcade - 600 (25%)
Super Meat Boy - 600 (50%)
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 (50%)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 (50%)
Peggle - 400 (50%) DLC 200 (50%)

Here are the prices for the Arcade games.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-arcade-games[/QUOTE]
RAWi bought now good hack n slash w looting.

Was really hoping for 400 on Simpsons, figure the kids would enjoy a single run through the whole game together, but 600 a bit more iffy.

Kinect Party in the list (for free as well), might have been mentioned before but just a reminder.

OP UPDATED

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

[quote name='AshesofWake']I mean I get MW3 being high priced normally I guess. But I mean after black friday deals I just felt like that game in particular should be cheaper in this extreme xbox sale. At least 20. I just assumed all call of duty players had moved on to black ops or MW4 or Black Ops 2 hence this game would be discounted way more. Oh well.[/QUOTE]don't hold your breath for $20. black ops 1 lowest price ever was $29.99 and that's even older (and maybe less popular) than mw3. i am disappointed with GoD sales pricing, too. but i just dont see $20 happening for any Black Ops/Modern Warfare game. Ever.

Wow, simpsons arcade is the one that gets the crappy discount? I figured that'd be the one getting the best discount, like X-Men arcade game last year. Oh well. Interested in Joe Danger now because of the steep discount. Will keep that in mind as a final day purchase.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']MW4 doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

Wait. Then I've confused them all. My bad. 30 ain't that bad then! Lol

Ugh there's so many of them now I thought MW3 was MW2 with the last one being MW4. My apologies.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Might as well ask here too, I guess.

Are any of you a fan of the Lego games? I enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, out of all the rest of them, which one is the best???[/QUOTE]

Love the Lego games.

Of the ones on sale, Harry Potter is easily my favorite. Batman was great, too. Then probably Pirates, SW III and Indy 2. But you can't go wrong with any of them, really.

[quote name='confoosious']arghhh! how do you switch from $ to msp on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

You press Y at some point I think, I don't remember at which screen

[quote name='confoosious']arghhh! how do you switch from $ to msp on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Had this problem last night, don't think there's a way on Xbox.COM

[quote name='bajingo']Had this problem last night, don't think there's a way on Xbox.COM[/QUOTE]

so not user friendly.

I guess I gotta fire up the xbox. thanks.

lol misread your post, they have one line you have to click, let me see if i can find the prompt

found it! Right next to change payment option, there's a link to use microsoft points. I swear it wasnt there before.

@londonGaijin - Thanks but I meant on xbox.com. I can't get to my xbox right now.

This sale makes me regret not picking up a couple more 1600 pt cards on black friday.

Rock Band 3
Plants vs Zombies
Peggle
Peggle Nights

what else do I need? :)

[quote name='confoosious']found it! Right next to change payment option, there's a link to use microsoft points. I swear it wasnt there before.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of concealed there in the open haha

Maybe we should add to OP

42118818.png

[quote name='bajingo']Had this problem last night, don't think there's a way on Xbox.COM[/QUOTE]

When you hit the Confirm screen for your purchase you'll see a "Use Microsoft Points" link.

For the MW3 DLC. Which maps pack is the best one? I already have map pack 1.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like collection 4 is the best pack by a mile, followed by pack 2. Avoid pack 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a link to the store for Kinect Party Mystery DLC? I can find Kinect Party and the Star Gazer DLC, but not the Mystery DLC. Thanks!

bread's done
Back