eStarland B1G1 60% off all used games Now until 4/24

KaitouDark

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Preowned Game Get 1 60% Off!​
Did you miss out on any of last years big titles? Or did you wait for newer games like Killzone 3 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to be available used before you purchased them? Well, now is your chance to get ANY preowned game for 60% off!
All you need to do is purchase 2 preowned games between now and April 24, 2011 and one of them will be 60% off
Be sure to use PromoCode: SPRING11 Offer expires April 24, 2011.

http://www.estarland.com/SPRING2011.html

I guess free shipping also applies.

[quote name='AnubisRW']For whatever reason, the code SPRING2011 doesn't work....

However SPRING11 works....

Kinda odd they promote a code that isn't right...[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaandthedoggies']interesting...will definitely check this out. never heard of estarland.[/QUOTE]

Theyre a small shop located in Fairfax VA. The benefits are that they generally have really high quality and complete used items going all the way back to Atari, including imports. Usually their prices are a bit higher, but I generally find it to be worth it. The down side is that being a small place their service can be a bit lacking.

If youre close enough to go to the B&M location I would recommend doing that instead of ordering online. While I have never run into any problems, the general consensus is that if you do run into a problem it can be a big headache.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Theyre a small shop located in Fairfax VA. The benefits are that they generally have really high quality and complete used items going all the way back to Atari, including imports. Usually their prices are a bit higher, but I generally find it to be worth it. The down side is that being a small place their service can be a bit lacking.

If youre close enough to go to the B&M location I would recommend doing that instead of ordering online. While I have never run into any problems, the general consensus is that if you do run into a problem it can be a big headache.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. nothing for me, though. I did see crackdown 2 for 12.++ and Enslaved for 6.50 for the 360, but both aren't my cup of tea. free shipping as well for orders over $20

[quote name='aaandthedoggies']thanks for the info. nothing for me, though. I did see crackdown 2 for 12.++ and Enslaved for 6.50 for the 360, but both aren't my cup of tea. free shipping as well for orders over $20[/QUOTE]

That enslaved is for the guide, not the game

Wish the site was a LOT faster - only 20 per page and every new page seems to reload all elements. Sadly, can't look at PS3 in one window and 360 in another - always aggregates to the last opened window. Argh!

eStarland is very good from my limited experience: picked up Record of Agarest War for $19.99 new about a month ago and it came without issue. I also like how they let you know which used games are "Complete" or "Without Manual" or "Disc Only" - a nice preview vs. buying used on Gamestop.

[quote name='hwmusic']site is ridiculously slow and it looks like all the stuff i was interested in already got picked clean[/QUOTE]

This is why I never bother buying anything from them. The site is extremely slow, especially during any kind of deal.

I live near them (or where they used to be, haven't driven out that way in ages so not sure if they moved or not). I went there way back in the day to get them to fix my fat PS2 as it got the laser error. They fixed it, charged about $150 (which was decent at the time) the PS2 worked again for only about 5 more months before the same thing happened. At that point I just called it a wash and bought a new PS2 as the slims had just come out. Anyways that was my experience with them, I have a card in my wallet that say I'm a lifetime member, what that means is beyond me.

[quote name='scoobypat']I live near them (or where they used to be, haven't driven out that way in ages so not sure if they moved or not). I went there way back in the day to get them to fix my fat PS2 as it got the laser error. They fixed it, charged about $150 (which was decent at the time) the PS2 worked again for only about 5 more months before the same thing happened. At that point I just called it a wash and bought a new PS2 as the slims had just come out. Anyways that was my experience with them, I have a card in my wallet that say I'm a lifetime member, what that means is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

They moved; they are in Fairfax on Spring St. off of 50/29 now. Kinda hard to find, but I'm sure the overhead likes it a lot better than a high-profile retail location. (They used to have multiple locations before the GameStop takeover of retail). The lifetime membership doesn't mean anything anymore, but they still use it to track customer purchases.

It seems like their prices went way up on their used games for this sale. I sometimes check them out when I'm looking for a rare PSX RPG. I've been buying my games from ebay and here on CAG for about half the price they're listing.

For whatever reason, the code SPRING2011 doesn't work....

However SPRING11 works....

Kinda odd they promote a code that isn't right...

Man, I just bought a whole shitload of used PS2 games from them on Saturday. Wish I had known about this sooner....or I had of waited. Definitely gonna try to pick up a few titles in a week or so...

they have very good prices on trades i have traded into them before and got alot more than gamestop would give however if its under i think its 100 u gotta pay the shipping but if u do it media mail it is cheap

I picked up 2 games for $17.50 total, with free shipping.

I wish they had more inventory. I've been looking for Wangan Midnight and Initial D and they're never in stock.

[quote name='Katuba Ryu']Man, I just bought a whole shitload of used PS2 games from them on Saturday. Wish I had known about this sooner....or I had of waited. Definitely gonna try to pick up a few titles in a week or so...[/QUOTE]

they told me before that they can possibly work out a price match if the purchase was within the past week

Sale is on PRE-OWNED games ONLY, folks!! Click the ad to take you to the site.

header.jpg

Buy 1 Preowned Game Get 1 60% Off!

Did you miss out on any of last years big titles? Or did you wait for newer games like Killzone 3 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to be available used before you purchased them? Well, now is your chance to get ANY preowned game for 60% off!

All you need to do is purchase 2 preowned games between now and April 24, 2011 and one of them will be 60% off

Be sure to use PromoCode: SPRING11
Offer expires April 24, 2011.

footer-black.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought some new games from them YEARS ago.. had no problems. No idea what their new games are like. Their site always seems to run really slow for me though for some reason

From the page the ad takes you to, so there's no further confusion:

Discount cannot exceed $50.00 per customer. Discount applies to preowned games only. Payment must be received by April 24, 2011 for the promotion to be applied to an order. Discount may be removed in any case where cancellation or returns make an order no longer meet requirements for discount. eStarland reserves the right to discontinue or change this promotion at any time.

Hmm? Killzone 3 for 20.20 with free shipping looks promising, but I doing know what else I would get...sucks that you have to buy two games though.

[quote name='sukru']It's the first time I'm seeing this site. Although the deals seems to be nice, the reseller ratings are not encouraging:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/EStarland

Still PayPal protection might help if there is an issue, so I'm not discounting it altogether.

Has anyone experience with this site?[/QUOTE]

Paypal and protection shouldn't be in the same sentence. Nonetheless, I hope all of the transactions go smoothly for you :)

[quote name='sukru']It's the first time I'm seeing this site. Although the deals seems to be nice, the reseller ratings are not encouraging:

Still PayPal protection might help if there is an issue, so I'm not discounting it altogether.

Ive bought multiple times from here and never had any issue with them at all. The shipping wasnt super fast but it didnt take forever either. If you find something on the site I wouldnt hesitate on buying it from there.

Says that discount can't exceed $50, but I got a $75 discount with Shining Force III and Suikoden II in my cart.

Discount also works on used systems.

I bought Record of Agarest War from EStarland and it came within a week. I have no complaints. They do list if the used games are complete or not. I will probably pass since I am not seeing anything that I want.

[quote name='VaultDweller']how did you get free shipping? are picking it up on store or what?[/QUOTE]

Free shipping only applies to orders over $10.

Love em for trades and purchases.

Its hard to do this though when Gamestop has teh bnuy 2 get 1.. Their prices and shipping somewhat hurt that, but no tax for most of us can offset it a little.

[quote name='Blade']Free shipping only applies to orders over $10.[/QUOTE]

i was going to pick up two castlevanias and it still showed the $5 shipping fee after I applied the coupon

I've bought from them online a few times and have been to their retail store/warehouse a couple of times. They're legit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that the OP of that thread listed the code wrong and it took till post #16 for someone to realize it.:booty: If yer gonna post a deal, at least double check that all of the info you're posting is right.;)[/QUOTE]

yeah guess youre right, but this is still a crappy deal

I just ordered

Professor Layton and the curious village

and

Professor Layton and the diabolical box

for

30.88 shipped (15.44 each w/ free shipping)

wow nice deal!

Very good company. This is the main place I do my trade-ins with. I've traded in over $2k worth of trades within the past 2 years and I have never had a problem with them. They even pay for the shipping when I ship my stuff in.

BTW I have only ever used their online store as I live in Chicago, but they have been a great company for me ever since I started using them.

[quote name='hwmusic']site is ridiculously slow and it looks like all the stuff i was interested in already got picked clean[/QUOTE]

U must be using firefox... Estarlandis a great site though. Worth a try. I just saved 50 bucks on a would-be 160 order. Came out to 107 bucks :lol:

just used them to trade in my portal 2 ps3 copy + 23$ for mortal kombat. hopefully they're not as bad as they've been reviewed.

bread's done
Back