eStarland, Buy 2 Get 1 free on used games

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
I got this email from eStarland:

Alright fellow eStarland Members, we would like to try and alleviate the terrible lack of new games coming out this month, so we are offering a special deal for our newsletter subscribers. Between April 14, 2009 and April 26, 2009 when you buy 2 qualifying used games from eStarland you will get the 3rd equal/lowest priced game free! Now is the perfect time to receive the highest quality used games at a great discounted price.

As always there's a slight catch, your three used games will have to be a Sony PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Microsoft Xbox 360, Xbox, Nintendo Wii, DS, GameCube, and Game Boy Advanced title. All systems and accessories are not included in this promotion, games only please. Pick three and enter the economic bailout code STIMULUS at checkout. This promotion is stackable, buy 6 and get 2 of them for free, etc. so buy the games you need now to hold you over to the next blockbuster!

Thank you for your business,

eStarland team
www.eStarland.com
3150 Spring St
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-941-0165

Aw.. can't use it on the Genesis... :(

I bought some used DVDs from them about a year ago. They all arrived in great shape; even had the junk inserts in the cases still. Have similar experiences been had with used games?

[quote name='Pirate331']Aw.. can't use it on the Genesis... :(

I bought some used DVDs from them about a year ago. They all arrived in great shape; even had the junk inserts in the cases still. Have similar experiences been had with used games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have ordered a lot of used games from them. Great for collectors, I mostly buy used PS/PS2 RPGs and they arrived in great condition.

Their used stuff should be in great shape considering how strict they are with trade in requirements. No visible scratches at all.

Nice, just traded in some stuff. I have around $66 in credit and was wondering if they ever have sales or promos.

Also, I'm signed up for all the newsletters, but I haven't received this one. Do you think I'm still eligible?

[quote name='CommunistHobo']Fairfax, Va?

Can I assume any orders from GMU would arrive really fast?[/quote]

Give them a day or two and it should be there. Matter of fact, they are located no more than 20 minutes away from GMU.

I was just in there 2 days ago buying some used games that turned out to be in pristine condition. I will vouch for eStarland, ive been using them for years and have been consistently satisfied.

btw, not to hijack, but if you live close, every saturday when they open at like noon, they run different specials that are in-store only. Its my summer ritual with a friend, and sometimes the deals are really good.

I picked up a Shadow Hearts Covenant guide from them a while ago. Had it set so they would email me when they got a copy in, and when I got that emailed I ordered as soon as I could. That guide is hella hard to find.

Well one thing to note it does appear to work on Systems and Accessories. At least it does in the cart area and applying the code.

[quote name='dallascowboys']Nice, just traded in some stuff. I have around $66 in credit and was wondering if they ever have sales or promos.

Also, I'm signed up for all the newsletters, but I haven't received this one. Do you think I'm still eligible?[/quote]

Yes just use the code at checkout.

Trade in credit for Singstar: ABBA = $17, limited to two copies of the same game.
It might be worth it to trade in new copies from Target Clearance.

I stopped by there and this place really has their shit together. The management is pretty friendly, too.

I'm looking for some cheap games for my new 360, so I will probably purchase them here. Or I will wait until gamestop has its b2g1 free plus my 10% discount.

i have credit the but i don't want anything :( bu hu also their used games are kinda expensive. same as gamestop whatever

Damn... their used game prices are ridiculous. $65 for a used RE CVX on the GC? Hell GS sells it for $30 and eBay prices are in the $45 range.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... their used game prices are ridiculous. $65 for a used RE CVX on the GC? Hell GS sells it for $30 and eBay prices are in the $45 range.[/quote]

But some of their prices are better than gamestop's with the edge discount. I am planning on my new games tomorrow. Thanks OP.

Yeah I was just there last week.

I bought their last PSP Phat (pretty teal color).

I like the place and love how they do everything through their website....even if you are in the store. It's a nice clean way to track inventory.

Anyway, if you go there, have everything ordered online ahead of time. It saves lots of time.

I do admit that many of their used prices are ridiculous. Ikaruga is $56 on the GC. Gamestop has it for $40.

However, I support them since

1. They still carry old games on old systems. Gamestop is strictly last-gen on up.

2. They have the best trade-in prices.

3. They carry novelty items, consoles, etc. I can get a FC Twin or Retro Duo there and buy games for it.

4. Their used games are pristine and they even have it shrink wrapped giving it a new feel. I think they swap out old boxes or something.

estarland is great. they have great trade in values, and there service is good too. Ive used them steady for 2 years now with absolutely no complaints. They even shrink wrap the used games for you!

my only gripe with them lately is that i can never seem to find any used games i want... most of what i want is out of stock..... seems not too many people are trading in....

[quote name='the_grimace']estarland is great. they have great trade in values, and there service is good too. Ive used them steady for 2 years now with absolutely no complaints. They even shrink wrap the used games for you!

my only gripe with them lately is that i can never seem to find any used games i want... most of what i want is out of stock..... seems not too many people are trading in....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Busyman']

4. Their used games are pristine and they even have it shrink wrapped giving it a new feel. I think they swap out old boxes or something.[/QUOTE]

That makes me even more happy I was able to get my Tales of the Abyss, Suikoden V, and Shadow Hearts order in earlier tonight. Hoping for near mint to mint games, and I ordered complete copies too.

I picked up a few used import games with this sale. I grabbed Sakura Wars: Mysterious Paris, Space Venus Morning Musume and Gunslinger Girl Volume 2 (all for PS2) Also grabbed a Maid Cafe Trading Figure and it all came to about $65 shipped.
Hope all goes well as this is my first time purchasing from them. But they aren't too far from me and I should receive the stuff quickly.

[quote name='addicted2games']I got Shadow Hearts, Suikoden V, and Tales of the Abyss all complete for $78 shipped. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

that seems very high to me

[quote name='earvcunanan']No free shipping + tax kills this for me.[/QUOTE]

They only charge tax in Virginia. I've been to their retail store lots of times, but I tried the mail order route for the first time a few weeks ago. Overall, I'm very satisfied, but they're very sluggish in processing their orders. I had to email them twice to get a UPS label for my trade-ins (supposed to be 2-3 business days, it took them 5), and it took them nearly a week to process my games order. Once they shipped it, I got it the next day. I'd recommend them. I've still got lots of credit left, so I'll take a look later and see if there's anything I want.

They are very strict about trade ins which makes for good condition of used game purchases.

There are times though which they are extremely slow in sending stuff out, you need to stay on top of them if you notice the package is not being sent out.

[quote name='Blob3001']btw, not to hijack, but if you live close, every saturday when they open at like noon, they run different specials that are in-store only. Its my summer ritual with a friend, and sometimes the deals are really good.[/quote]

:shock: I live close. I'm somewhat sad to admit I've never even heard of this place. Is it worth a drive down from DC to check out the retail location?

Be forewared, the retail location is a *hole*. It's basically like one of the trailers in the back of some high schools (though attached to a warehouse). That being said, it's kinda amazing how they pack so many games into such a small space and still have room to walk around.

But it's not too far from DC proper so if you dont have anything else to do, why not stop in. You can hit up the Denny's right up the street (US29 and VA123).

@commimehobo: If this is going on in-store too, you'd be better served just going there. From GMU it's *almost* walking distance (if you like walking or are a former cross-country runner like me ;)). Definitely a short drive.

Sweet. Love e-starland. It's the only place I buy used from and they get about 90% of my trades. Never had a problem with them. Takes about 3 days usually for things to arrive to me if they are in stock.

[quote name='hostyl1']Be forewared, the retail location is a *hole*. It's basically like one of the trailers in the back of some high schools (though attached to a warehouse). That being said, it's kinda amazing how they pack so many games into such a small space and still have room to walk around.

But it's not too far from DC proper so if you dont have anything else to do, why not stop in. You can hit up the Denny's right up the street (US29 and VA123).[/quote]

I pretty much answered my own question just looking through their website. Thanks for the warning, but it wouldn't really matter to me if they were operating out of a few cardboard boxes if they have this many games.

Their hours suck though, so it looks like Saturday is the only realistic day. I'll probably head down there one of these weekends.

picked up 3 games for 35, not too bad... if they are as good as what people say, better than ordering used from GS for sure.

I love eStarland too, their trade-in prices are awesome (even after you factor in shipping). I probably traded in $300 worth of games that would have netted me less than half at GS. I am going to look and see if there is any 360/PS3 games I want!

Awesome. I was waiting for another GS B2G1 free sale to stock up on ps2 games. This will be a much better substitute.

Dangit, they are out of stock on 2 of the 3 games that I wanted to purchase. I hope they get some more in before the sale ends.

Just ordered a used .hack collection (import) for $60 before shipping. Includes infection, mutation, outbreak, quarantine plus a bonus dvd. Seems to be rare, because I could only find it on play-asia and it sells there for around $120 used.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']They only charge tax in Virginia. I've been to their retail store lots of times, but I tried the mail order route for the first time a few weeks ago. Overall, I'm very satisfied, but they're very sluggish in processing their orders. I had to email them twice to get a UPS label for my trade-ins (supposed to be 2-3 business days, it took them 5), and it took them nearly a week to process my games order. Once they shipped it, I got it the next day. I'd recommend them. I've still got lots of credit left, so I'll take a look later and see if there's anything I want.[/quote]

I agree that they're slow. I sent my trade-ins via priority mail and it took 9 days for the order to process.

I ordered nine games from them Tuesday night and get them today. By contrast, i ordered one game from Amazon the day before and it just shipped today, so these guys win for speedy in my book. Also, a lot of their 360 games have really good used prices, making this a great deal.

bread's done
Back