Etrian Odyssey Support Group

i caved in. got it for 14.56 at gamefly after using my 5% discount + 10 gamefly bucks i had .

hopefully my next game ships out today and i will have dinner dash this weekend (remember no mail monday so if i dont get it by saturday i got to wait till tuesday : (

but im sure

7 wonders and cake mania and hopefully exit (got off goozex) and shinning soul will get here beore saturday

[quote name='brandonabley']Lots of stuff[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a saint. That's exactly the kind of review I've been looking for. Thanks.

man this game takes forever to get though. I had it what 3 weeks now maybe around 20 hours into it and still havent gotten past the 5th floor out of 25 floors

i got my but kicked by the wolf boss on floor 5 and lost 2 and 1/2 hours of gameplay

Yeah, I'm probably 6 or 7 hours in and I'm only level 14 with my group, and trying to get past level 3 of the forest! I'm really liking this game for some mindless dungeon-grinding though, in an odd-OCD kinda way. I find myself picking it up and grinding for a half hour here, and a half hour there in-between other games. Pretty theurapeutic!

[quote name='keithp']Yeah, I'm probably 6 or 7 hours in and I'm only level 14 with my group, and trying to get past level 3 of the forest! I'm really liking this game for some mindless dungeon-grinding though, in an odd-OCD kinda way. I find myself picking it up and grinding for a half hour here, and a half hour there in-between other games. Pretty theurapeutic![/QUOTE]

once you get past the stalkers you can grind without leaving the maze. There is a spot on the 3rd floor the heals all your tp and hp everytime. So you can jump back down to floor 3 when you need to heal and continue.

lost another 2 hours today when i lost to the wolf boss once again.

I doubt i will ever see the end of this game before sept

[quote name='slidecage']once you get past the stalkers you can grind without leaving the maze. There is a spot on the 3rd floor the heals all your tp and hp everytime. So you can jump back down to floor 3 when you need to heal and continue.

lost another 2 hours today when i lost to the wolf boss once again.

I doubt i will ever see the end of this game before sept[/quote]
I can deal with losing a couple minutes in an RPG, but 2 hours... fuck. What kind of save system does this game use?

I'm hoping I can find it used this Sun. during the EB/GS B2G1.

To save you have to exit the maze and go back to the inn in town (just a bunch of menus, there's no literal travelling outside of the forest, once you're out you just see a menu of the different buildings in town).

I just started playing this, and its pretty good. After Izuna, I was worried about getting another DS game released by Atlus but thank God I got it anyways.

Wait, lose hours in the game? I thought if you died the map is saved, unless you mean the time getting back to where you died...

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I just started playing this, and its pretty good. After Izuna, I was worried about getting another DS game released by Atlus but thank God I got it anyways.

Wait, lose hours in the game? I thought if you died the map is saved, unless you mean the time getting back to where you died...[/QUOTE]

the map is saved but you lose all your items and Exp (i think)

I know you lose your items cause some of the items i found in chest where there again when i went back up (and got killed again)

At least this isnt as bad as FINal fantasy 3. I still think final fantasy 3 is the hardest game out there (where you do nothing but level grind)

i thought Izuna was a pretty nice game *until you got to the final boss where you had to climb up 40 flights of maps without any saves or breaks and a monster can come out of anywhere and kill you with one hit)

even at level 19 i still cant beat the wolf boss on level 5

i wouldnt count on finding it used for a long long time

As long as you're careful and don't charge on ahead into a new area when your party is almost out of TP, you won't be seeing too many game overs. The game warns you whenever there's something super dangerous ahead (usually), and as long as you take those warnings seriously and don't get greedy you should be fine. The item that returns you to town is cheap, so don't be timid about using them to rest up and save.

Damn, I'm going to have to get this game I think...

If only it had actually come out when Fry's advertized it on sale - I could have pricematched at GC and gotten it pretty cheap after credit.

I'll have to look around a bit...

Anyone got any tips for me in this game? I just cleared the first floor and all of my party are at level 4. I have a warrior, a protector, a dark hunter, an alchemist (fire), and a medic. This game is hard. Thank god you don't lose map info when you die or else I would be seriously screwed

I still havent gotten around to playing this yet, but as far as advice, the internet sez:

Get the Medic skill Patch Up to level 10 as soon as you can. At its highest, it restores 12% of everybody's HP for free after every battle. You can stay down indefinitely.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I still havent gotten around to playing this yet, but as far as advice, the internet sez:

Get the Medic skill Patch Up to level 10 as soon as you can. At its highest, it restores 12% of everybody's HP for free after every battle. You can stay down indefinitely.[/quote]

So I'm assuming that the max lvl for any skill is 10?

I'm curious as to when you can Retire your characters. I'm sure I've made some mistakes in skill points, and won't mind a fresh character. Plus, I figure this is the only way you can max out every skill.

So far, the game has been great, and I've been lucky, no dieing yet, and have just hit the 3rd floor. I have a L,P,S,M, and A, lvl 11 all of em.

[quote name='Supercake']So I'm assuming that the max lvl for any skill is 10?

I'm curious as to when you can Retire your characters. I'm sure I've made some mistakes in skill points, and won't mind a fresh character. Plus, I figure this is the only way you can max out every skill.

So far, the game has been great, and I've been lucky, no dieing yet, and have just hit the 3rd floor. I have a L,P,S,M, and A, lvl 11 all of em.[/QUOTE]

once your people hit level 30 you can retire the people. You get stat bounses (seems you get more pts to start with) you can also reset (you lose 10 levels and the last 10 skill pts you used)

so if you retire someone at level 70 (top level) Your new person will have 77 points to play with at max instead of 70

10 is max in any of the skills you learn.

i mostly think i #$#$# up my party.

i got 3 Ls. 1 Medic and a fire user

I played it around 40 hours so far ( keep keeping track after floor 5)

right now im on floor 10 getting killed trying to fight the boss

all of my people are on level 33

As soon as you hit level 11 you can make a ronin and 16 to make the other

So people saying you will beat this game in 40 hours is way off. IF i had to guess you will be looking at 100+ hours very easy.

Woo killed the 10th floor boss. Now get to start all over again working up floor 11 -15 then kill a boss on 15

the ronin is a major let down. I was hoping it would been 2 classes joined into 1.

i think i keep my

3 L 1 medic and the fire user

This thread has convinced me to get this game. Tracked down a used copy through gamestop.com using their backorder listing.

W/ the B2G1 it was only about $17, not bad. Now all I need to do is finish Puzzle Quest (which I just started) and then I'll join in on all this oldschool masochism :)

[quote name='q 3']Just remember that FOEs can - and usually should - be avoided.[/quote]

Wait, I SHOULD avoid the FOE? Oh shit, I've been trying to fight through it lol

This sidequest where you have to stay on LVL 8 for 5 straight days is slightly monotonous.

...Goes back to holding down "A".

Holy crap that boss on level 8 is one tough MF!!

I guess I should've heeded the warning that they give that it's "tougher than anything you've faced before"...yeah, right, I thought to myself, I'll just TRY it since I'm wiping out these other enemies on this level pretty easily...

WRONG MOVE!!

Anyway, my guys are level 28-29 now I think, and I guess I have a lotta levelling to do before trying that again.

Shipwreck, how long in real-time is that quest? I've got it but haven't started on it since there's no way to save in-between, and at five game days I'm figuring it's got to be a few hours for 5 days to pass and I've only been playing in spurts.

Oh, and I only avoid FOEs on levels that I'm new to, other than that I've found they're great fodder to level up on. My PT is a L, P, S, A, M and they're working very well together. My Alchemist is an offensive fire wizard, and his spells are definitely pretty overbalanced, but I think the designers had that in mind. I gave my L the 2-hit ability and it helps alot too. Oh, and I forget what it's called, but the ability for the Survivalist where they fire a volley of arrows in the air, and come down 3 turns later--BOOM! A lot of fun, *if* he can survive the intermediate turns!

I can see this game being a cult favorite and hard to find, so if anyone is remotely interested in it I'd pick it up on first printing for sure.

[quote name='keithp']Holy crap that boss on level 8 is one tough MF!!

I guess I should've heeded the warning that they give that it's "tougher than anything you've faced before"...yeah, right, I thought to myself, I'll just TRY it since I'm wiping out these other enemies on this level pretty easily...

WRONG MOVE!!

Anyway, my guys are level 28-29 now I think, and I guess I have a lotta levelling to do before trying that again.

Shipwreck, how long in real-time is that quest? I've got it but haven't started on it since there's no way to save in-between, and at five game days I'm figuring it's got to be a few hours for 5 days to pass and I've only been playing in spurts.

Oh, and I only avoid FOEs on levels that I'm new to, other than that I've found they're great fodder to level up on. My PT is a L, P, S, A, M and they're working very well together. My Alchemist is an offensive fire wizard, and his spells are definitely pretty overbalanced, but I think the designers had that in mind. I gave my L the 2-hit ability and it helps alot too. Oh, and I forget what it's called, but the ability for the Survivalist where they fire a volley of arrows in the air, and come down 3 turns later--BOOM! A lot of fun, *if* he can survive the intermediate turns!

I can see this game being a cult favorite and hard to find, so if anyone is remotely interested in it I'd pick it up on first printing for sure.[/QUOTE]

what boss ??? i only though bosses were on every 5 levels. or so

if you thought that boss was hard WAIT till you hit level 12 with the ants
they just keep coming and coming and coming

the only way i finally beat it was to have a medic that had the skill that heals everyone a med amount of hit points ( level 10 gives around 350 Heal pts to all)

cause the boss ant can hit with hammer that does 100 to 200 pts of damage to up 3 people and they just keep calling more ants

im on map 13 right now 4 people are level 44 my medic is 34 cause i did REST that makes her lose 10 level but RESETS All of the stats .

[quote name='keithp']Holy crap that boss on level 8 is one tough MF!![/quote]

You mean the Wyvern? Because you're definitely not going to be able to defeat it for quite some time. Pay attention to its icon on the map - it's possible to sneak around behind it if you're careful, which is what you need to do to proceed.

There are no random encounters inside the healing spring room. Walk back and forth in there while you do something else, like read a book or surf the web, and you'll be done in half an hour or so.

Yeah, that was the one, thanks q3!!

And I hadn't thought of wandering the spring room, I was just going to wander the hall outside fighting and levelling, but the thought of doing it for 5 game days was mind-numbing.

[quote name='keithp']Yeah, that was the one, thanks q3!!

And I hadn't thought of wandering the spring room, I was just going to wander the hall outside fighting and levelling, but the thought of doing it for 5 game days was mind-numbing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it takes a few hours to do it just walking around the level like I did. I think I leveled up about 3-4 times though, so I should be good for awhile.

hopefully

Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground psp

will be just like this game but longer : )

sad it keeps being pushed back. was to come out June 7 now its the 21

Actually, in my opinion, it's much more important to get the REVIVE skill ASAP than it is to get PATCHUP. You can always farm spawn points and carry lots of nectars, but the inventory space bars you from long excursions.

sadly a very very hard game when you start , starts to become sort of a easy game once you get half way done.

Probally could make the game VERY VERY HARD IF I waned to .... ONce you hit level 30 your can retire the people and start new people . You get 1 extra pt for every 10 levels i think or you could make new people just for the hell of it.

Floor 1 to 5 took around 20 hours ---- Boss 5 kicked my ass alot
Floor 6 to 10 Took around 16 hours ----floor 10 boss kicked my ass somewhat
Floor 11 to 15 took around 10 hours- floor 15 boss i kicked their ass easy

Floor 15 boss was a lot eaiser to beat then the ANT Boss on level 12 . Floor 15 boss has around 1900 Hp.

two things you need to get done fast (right now i i have

3 landsknecht. 1 medic and 1 alcemist

ALLSLASH FOR THE Lands. I got it up to level 6 and hits for around 300 hit points of damage with the weapon i have

SALVE 2 LEARN THIS SPELL ASAP and MAX IT OUT> For 20 mp you will be giving all your people around 350 Heal points each time

Learn the 3rd most powerful spell for the mages (it allows you to hit all monsters)

Tp regen isnt really worth it but nice to have if you got extra pts to spend

i dont really think blazer, freezer or shocker is worth learning

What im saving my money to buy right now

FLUTES Rock. They give an extra 20 TP meaning you can hook 4 of these up to each person giving an extra 80 TP to each person. yes your losing out on DEF PTS but we are talking an extra 80TP

that would almost double what my medic has right now

right now

3 lands. all level 44 HP 366-360 tp 74 All have allslash lv 4-6
Medic Level 34 (rested put her back 10 levels) Hp 213 Tp 106

alcemist level 44 HP 214 TP 190

now i do have

Floor 1 to 5 completely mapped
Floor 6 to 10 ARound 80% mapped
Floor 11 to 15 around 80% mapped (not that many crystal doors )

i say in around another 20 hours i should be able to beat the game if i wanted to , BUT i probally stat build somewhat and try to mine and chop to get better weapsons

ALSO im not doing that many quest anymore (i think that is why i got though floor 11 to 15 so fast.

If i had to take a guess and say i play im i been playing on floor 6 to 15 i say

I should have the game done in around 20 to 30 hours (floor 25 not floor 30)

If i play it to complete quest then probally 25 to 50 hours

If i play to beat floor 30 (hard as hell i understand ) Probally never LOL

great game and probally when i get done with it total time

55 to 100 hours (around the same i put into disgaea )

i hope that dugeon game for the psp that comes out next week is just as fun

Edit

just hit floor 20 and its a major pain in the ass once you get down there. Starting to get bored with this game now .... at least it was fun for 50 or so hours : )

tempted to toss it up on goozex but 600 pts nah. Maybe it hit 750 like pokemon : )

I love this game. This is the first real old style RPG in quite a while, but with some spiffy modern improvements. I grew up with games like Bard's Tale, Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Wasteland and have been lamenting the slow death of this genre of game for a while.

My party right now is Protector, Landsnecht, Survivalist, Medic, Alchemist. I switch out other guys to fool around with at times. My levels are high 50s and I am in the 20s in the dungeon. My Landsnecht, who had the job of training my spare characters hit 70 and is currently retraining back after I retired him. I think he's 35ish now.

My opinions on my characters so far...

Protector: He's been nice and he almost never dies due to the high defense but I haven't found defender as useful as most so far. I expect in the 26-30 levels it will help a lot more when the bosses supposedly go up several notches in difficulty.

Landsnecht: I had maxed him in out in the passive stat ups (Except TP up) and focused on Axes. Now that he is restarted and has a few more points to play with I am going to max out 2-hit as well which I didn't have enough points for the first time around. I like it in non-boss fights.

Survivalist: I keep him in the front to distribute damage. Most people seem to like the back but he's tough enough to be up front and I haven't had any trouble. He badly needs a retire but I'm waiting to 70 to get maximum points. Early on I actually had him not using bows so I wasted some points. Still with multihit and apollon maxed now (Pretty much required for massive damage in boss fights if you have a survivalist) he is a big damage dealer in boss fights. His speed is nice for random battles too. I didn't bother much with the gather skills. I gave him 1 point in each. I have desigated characters for gathering at the chop points.

Medic: He's vital. You want to aim for revive as fast as you can. It's a big money saver. A few points in patch is nice but I don't think 10 is really needed. It gets less useful over time. The fighting medic sounds interesting and I have been leveling up one to try but haven't had him in real combat yet.

Alchemist: Pretty useless against normal enemies since you want to save TP but fantastic against bosses. Early on poison is killer but its damage maxes out at a very low point and becomes useless once you hit the 2nd boss. Try to focus on one type of attack spell rather than a jack of all trades since you want to do the maximum damage Mine is fire/poison though when I restart her I'll probably go fire/ice because of the problems with poison as you progress. If you get TP regen they become more useful in random fights as you can actually afford to use spells.

I recently picked up Mazes of Fate (GBA) after hearing it is another classic style RPG. I've been saving it until next week though since I'll be away in Ohio for 2 weeks for work.

[quote name='crowbb']I love this game. This is the first real old style RPG in quite a while, but with some spiffy modern improvements. I grew up with games like Bard's Tale, Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Wasteland and have been lamenting the slow death of this genre of game for a while.

My party right now is Protector, Landsnecht, Survivalist, Medic, Alchemist. I switch out other guys to fool around with at times. My levels are high 50s and I am in the 20s in the dungeon. My Landsnecht, who had the job of training my spare characters hit 70 and is currently retraining back after I retired him. I think he's 35ish now.

My opinions on my characters so far...

Protector: He's been nice and he almost never dies due to the high defense but I haven't found defender as useful as most so far. I expect in the 26-30 levels it will help a lot more when the bosses supposedly go up several notches in difficulty.

Landsnecht: I had maxed him in out in the passive stat ups (Except TP up) and focused on Axes. Now that he is restarted and has a few more points to play with I am going to max out 2-hit as well which I didn't have enough points for the first time around. I like it in non-boss fights.

Survivalist: I keep him in the front to distribute damage. Most people seem to like the back but he's tough enough to be up front and I haven't had any trouble. He badly needs a retire but I'm waiting to 70 to get maximum points. Early on I actually had him not using bows so I wasted some points. Still with multihit and apollon maxed now (Pretty much required for massive damage in boss fights if you have a survivalist) he is a big damage dealer in boss fights. His speed is nice for random battles too. I didn't bother much with the gather skills. I gave him 1 point in each. I have desigated characters for gathering at the chop points.

Medic: He's vital. You want to aim for revive as fast as you can. It's a big money saver. A few points in patch is nice but I don't think 10 is really needed. It gets less useful over time. The fighting medic sounds interesting and I have been leveling up one to try but haven't had him in real combat yet.

Alchemist: Pretty useless against normal enemies since you want to save TP but fantastic against bosses. Early on poison is killer but its damage maxes out at a very low point and becomes useless once you hit the 2nd boss. Try to focus on one type of attack spell rather than a jack of all trades since you want to do the maximum damage Mine is fire/poison though when I restart her I'll probably go fire/ice because of the problems with poison as you progress. If you get TP regen they become more useful in random fights as you can actually afford to use spells.

I recently picked up Mazes of Fate (GBA) after hearing it is another classic style RPG. I've been saving it until next week though since I'll be away in Ohio for 2 weeks for work.[/QUOTE]

thought the alchemist was the strongest early on in the game since you could hit all enemys at once with the 3rd spells. You just bring items that heal tp.

Just picked this up (for full price :shock:, first game to get that treatment in ages) since EBs are starting to run out of stock and there aren't any used copies anywhere.

Just played a quick half hour or so last night, enough to get a level up, really fun game so far. This is the kind of game to give me the feeling that I will regret my party and/or skill decisions soon enough though.

[quote name='botticus']Just picked this up (for full price :shock:, first game to get that treatment in ages) since EBs are starting to run out of stock and there aren't any used copies anywhere.

Just played a quick half hour or so last night, enough to get a level up, really fun game so far. This is the kind of game to give me the feeling that I will regret my party and/or skill decisions soon enough though.[/quote]

You can see the prerequisites for any ability, so you can use that as a kind of guide for what you'll want.

For example, 2-Hit for your Landsknecht requires level 5 for both Axes and Swords, and Revive for your Medic requires Level 7 Healing and Level 3 Cure III to unlock. There might be a few things you regret if you don't use those skills later, but you can plan it out pretty well.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that your Alchemists should focus on 2 elements, and so far that's been good advice. I have mine training on Fire and Ice, and I still use the basic spells (Fire, Ice) and just have high elemental skills with TP regen, it's excellent.

By the way, I just reached the 3rd Statum (Level 11) and I can't believe how little trouble I had with the boss in Level 10. Was anyone else surprised at how easy he was?

[quote name='botticus']Just played a quick half hour or so last night, enough to get a level up, really fun game so far. This is the kind of game to give me the feeling that I will regret my party and/or skill decisions soon enough though.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry too much about that - the game is balanced decently enough so that none of the classes are useless and there are only a few skills that are objectively bad (particularly Healing Touch). Furthermore, once your characters hit level 30 you get the option to Rest at the guild hall - they lose 10 levels but all their skill points are freed up, so you can try out different builds without too much of a penalty.

[quote name='johnnypark']You can see the prerequisites for any ability, so you can use that as a kind of guide for what you'll want.

For example, 2-Hit for your Landsknecht requires level 5 for both Axes and Swords, and Revive for your Medic requires Level 7 Healing and Level 3 Cure III to unlock. There might be a few things you regret if you don't use those skills later, but you can plan it out pretty well.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that your Alchemists should focus on 2 elements, and so far that's been good advice. I have mine training on Fire and Ice, and I still use the basic spells (Fire, Ice) and just have high elemental skills with TP regen, it's excellent.

By the way, I just reached the 3rd Statum (Level 11) and I can't believe how little trouble I had with the boss in Level 10. Was anyone else surprised at how easy he was?[/QUOTE]

That was the wolf leader right???

wait till you hit the ants on floor 12 it will drive you insane. You better have all slash or another spell that hits all monsters.

Right now im around 60 hours into this game STUCK on floor 20 (mostly doing back tracking and opening all the doors with the 2 keys i have so almost all floors 1 to 15 is 100% mapped.

Floor 5 boss i had major problems with
Floor 10 boss (wolf leader if i remember correcly) easy walk though
Floor 12 Ant monster major pain in the ass
Floor 15 boss i think i lost the first time
Floor 20 boss Major pain in the ass even trying to get pass all the FOES

Okay, so I'm tooling around the second floor right now (party at level 7 or 8)... is facing a FOE pretty much insta-death? While it might be technically doable, seems like it'll be damn near impossible to get through the map without running into one. I have about three open paths on the map (cleared about a quarter of it), and all are blocked by FOEs. Also, if you do kill a FOE, if you can, is it gone forever, or do they respawn?

I have a feeling this game will take me forever since I restart whenever one of my people dies. :lol:

I felt they were strongest for bosses (and FOEs) but with limited TP and money to spend on restoratives it wasn't worth using on regular battles. If you farm money with choppers this is obviously less of a concern though. Not that it matters since your front line can usually chop up any random encounters within 1-2 rounds anyway (If they can't it's probably a sign to level up a bit before fighting that next boss). I certainly would not recommend going around without one. But my views are probably also skewed by my natural overleveling tendencies as well as doing it even more after hearing how hard this game was. I leveled up so much after hearing how Fenrir could easily wipe out entire parties in a round or 2 that I demolished him and did the same to most bosses. Until I started hitting those guys towards the end of the game that can put the entire party to sleep I had only 1 wipeout. Those guys though can take out even the strongest party with bad luck and the right mix of other baddies in the fight. I had a couple of fights where they got me.

[quote name='slidecage']thought the alchemist was the strongest early on in the game since you could hit all enemys at once with the 3rd spells. You just bring items that heal tp.[/QUOTE]

The FOEs are like sub-bosses. If you are tough enough to be on that level you can probably take them. There are a few exceptions but I don't really want to give too much away. Also you CAN run from FOEs if you need to, just not bosses (Which have a black blob) I would suggest saving before trying out an FOE the first time on a level. And always save before fighting a boss. FOEs and bosses even are not gone forever. They respawn eventually.

[quote name='botticus']Okay, so I'm tooling around the second floor right now (party at level 7 or 8)... is facing a FOE pretty much insta-death? While it might be technically doable, seems like it'll be damn near impossible to get through the map without running into one. I have about three open paths on the map (cleared about a quarter of it), and all are blocked by FOEs. Also, if you do kill a FOE, if you can, is it gone forever, or do they respawn?

I have a feeling this game will take me forever since I restart whenever one of my people dies. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crowbb']The FOEs are like sub-bosses. If you are tough enough to be on that level you can probably take them. There are a few exceptions but I don't really want to give too much away. Also you CAN run from FOEs if you need to, just not bosses (Which have a black blob) I would suggest saving before trying out an FOE the first time on a level. And always save before fighting a boss. FOEs and bosses even are not gone forever. They respawn eventually.[/quote]Thanks for the help!

I'm now at level 11, still meandering around the second floor, where I can fairly easily dispatch the FOEs now that my medic has Salve. I briefly dropped into the third floor, but that FOE wandering around the entrance is brutal and annoying. Won't be able to map that till I can kill him.

Still haven't had anyone die!

I'm not sure if anyone else is a Trauma Center fan to have noticed this, but I approve of the use of Caducceus and Healing Touch as medic skill names.

[quote name='botticus']I'm now at level 11, still meandering around the second floor, where I can fairly easily dispatch the FOEs now that my medic has Salve. I briefly dropped into the third floor, but that FOE wandering around the entrance is brutal and annoying. Won't be able to map that till I can kill him.[/QUOTE]

You can evade the Stalkers. (In fact, you're supposed to run away from them - they're almost as strong as the boss on B5F.)

From the stairs, go straight south until you're one space north of the wall, then go straight west until you reach the door.

[quote name='q 3']
You can evade the Stalkers. (In fact, you're supposed to run away from them - they're almost as strong as the boss on B5F.)

From the stairs, go straight south until you're one space north of the wall, then go straight west until you reach the door.
[/quote]Ah, excellent. I figured I wasn't supposed to be able to, but it was such a pain in the ass to get around him the one time I did, I didn't try it again.

yea those stalkers were a major pain in the ass when you have low levels. I think i was level 15 or 18 before i could kill them without any problems

Wow. You were supposed to avoid the Stalkers? I was killing them readily around level 10-12. My Alchemist was doing 160+ damage per turn with his Poison spell (provided it stuck). Once I poisoned the Stalker it was merely a matter of surviving several rounds. A combination of defending and F. Guard meant that my Medic could keep up with the Stalker's damage long enough for it to die.

The lesson? Poison is godly. What other spell does 255 damage every turn for a single casting of 6tp?

[quote name='Boolean']Wow. You were supposed to avoid the Stalkers? I was killing them readily around level 10-12. My Alchemist was doing 160+ damage per turn with his Poison spell (provided it stuck). Once I poisoned the Stalker it was merely a matter of surviving several rounds. A combination of defending and F. Guard meant that my Medic could keep up with the Stalker's damage long enough for it to die.

The lesson? Poison is godly. What other spell does 255 damage every turn for a single casting of 6tp?[/QUOTE]

bad thing is on the higher levels poison has no effect. I wonder if they knew the first part of the game was sort of very hard so they made Poison make the game eaiser.

also how did you surive the rounds. the stalker would kill each one of my people off with one hit when i first hit them. IF you think those are hard wait till you open up the bottom part of the 3rd floor if your levels are low

[quote name='slidecage']bad thing is on the higher levels poison has no effect. I wonder if they knew the first part of the game was sort of very hard so they made Poison make the game eaiser.

also how did you surive the rounds. the stalker would kill each one of my people off with one hit when i first hit them. IF you think those are hard wait till you open up the bottom part of the 3rd floor if your levels are low[/quote]Yeah, at level 12 or 13 the stalker can still take out my back line in one hit, if it wanted to. Sometimes even my front line.

[quote name='slidecage']bad thing is on the higher levels poison has no effect. I wonder if they knew the first part of the game was sort of very hard so they made Poison make the game eaiser.

also how did you surive the rounds. the stalker would kill each one of my people off with one hit when i first hit them. IF you think those are hard wait till you open up the bottom part of the 3rd floor if your levels are low[/quote]

Not sure how I survived. Suppose I got lucky with F. Guard. My Dark Hunter may have bound its arms, but I doubt it since at that point my cuffs level could not have been particularly high at the time...

I'm currently working on B6F. Fenrir and company were not particularly troublesome, but the sixth floor is. My medic and alchemist are just burning through tp down there.

Did anyone else find B4F (so far) surprisingly easy?

I had little trouble taking out all but one of the wolves so far, before I decided to go back and save/recover TP before I got surprised by something nasty and died. Might just be that my slow play is making it less difficult, I think I just hit level 17 after my first run through of that floor.

game starts to get real boring once you hit floor 20. you get attacked with 2 to 3 FOES at a time and their are probally 10 to 15 of them on the floor

the owl like FOE kills your party way too fast

all my people are level 50 + and still geting ass kicked cause you got to march up 5 floor just to get to floor 20 by then half your Tp is gone

bread's done
Back