EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to bet there's a vast silent majority of people who have had absolutely no issues with ordering from Zavvi. It definitely sucks that people have had issues, but I'm not sure it's responsible to try to paint the company with such broad brushstrokes based on the unfortunate issues encountered by a few people.

[quote name='bvharris']I'd be willing to bet there's a vast silent majority of people who have had absolutely no issues with ordering from Zavvi. It definitely sucks that people have had issues, but I'm not sure it's responsible to try to paint the company with such broad brushstrokes based on the unfortunate issues encountered by a few people.[/QUOTE] I have bought two games from Zavvi, Yakuza 3 and Sengoku Basara. Both were plain-cased PS3 games. Yakuza arrived in an envelope that was a little dinged up, but the game was alright. Sengoku Basara was shipped in a small reinforced box. It looked perfect.

I am fine with Zavvi, but I could definitely see how their shipping habits could be irksome to collectors paying extra for the boxes and the items.

Zavvi's far from perfect, but European opinion on the site is pretty much invalidated by the fact that they have Amazon.co.uk to compare it to and our importing options are severely limited. It's the equivalent of a European having to import something from buy.com or equivalent generic retail site. If they can't order from a more reputable, consumer-friendly site, it's fairly meaningless what domestic customers have to say.

It sucks that people are having problems with the site and shipping, but it's still worth the gamble at least to me. With game.co.uk's weight restrictions and ebay.co.uk's randomness when it comes to finding a game at an acceptable price from a seller willing to ship America, Zavvi/TheHut is pretty much the most dependable way until someone discovers something better. Now if anyone's lost package claims go ignored, that will definitely be the time for anger from me.

wow that review site doesn't look good for Zavvi.. I didn't check that because i never used them. I tried reseller ratings but i didn't see them there. its worth mentioning that i ordered from thehut, but theyre the same company i guess.

[quote name='thelonepig']It's likely due to my being in study mode at the moment, but I've got to point out that if you're creating a percent based on your own experience (being two orders), the only percentages you could possibly come up with for lost or crushed would be 0%, 50%, or 100%. 75% won't be an option until at least four orders have shipped. ;)[/QUOTE]

well i got 5 items and 3 of those were crushed or dented to varying degrees

thats 60%.. not good odds. Im actually quite concerned about the other items that are already on their way. I dont think i'll be using them ever again. Im not even sure if i should bother emailing them asking about a return. Im almost positive id have to pay shipping which would make it not worth it.

And to those who say there are a silent majority or people who havent had issues... get real. Its a simple fact SLIGHTLY PADDED ENVELOPES ARE A HORRIBLE AND DANGEROUS WAY TO SHIP LIMITED EDITION GAMES

I mean seriously people, come on. WHy are we even questioning this? This is a thread for Collectors editions of games. This is a friggin important detail. If Amazon or an ebay seller shipped out fragile limited edition game in a friggin enveloope they would be getting reamed! Add to that fact that these games are coming from over seas and its just a joke

[quote name='bvharris']I'd be willing to bet there's a vast silent majority of people who have had absolutely no issues with ordering from Zavvi. It definitely sucks that people have had issues, but I'm not sure it's responsible to try to paint the company with such broad brushstrokes based on the unfortunate issues encountered by a few people.[/QUOTE]

the company uses painfully inadequate packaging for limited edition games. This is not something thats really debatable in my opinion. Its a simple cold fact. No reputable company would ship fragile collectors edition boxes in a frigign envelope with a thin layer of bubble wrap! you just DONT DO IT. It may be ok for regular games, but not for the topic of this thread.

Ill say it yet again, ZxT Vendetta, please, please, PLEASE put a note next to zavvi and theHut's mention of free shipping that informs people that they ship their games in padded envelopes only. Im really baffled as to why you are not doing this. You felt the need to mention shipping free.. but not that your package wont be protected properly?

*edit* well this sucks. I tried ordering some stuff from game.co.uk and the order wouldn't go through. I got a message saying i needed to call them or something for security reasons, but its 3am and i need to get to bed. Plus on top of that it says theres a charge per minute?! WTF? christ aren't there any uk sellers that dont suck in one form or another? This is maddening. It says calls cost 10p per minute.. is that pounds?! Are they fucking serious?! 10 pounds a minute? Thats like 16 dollars a minute for them to take my money? fuck THAT

I think the wrong word is being used here... Dependable =/= cheapest, which really is the reason why Zavvi is being used. Yeah if you wanted to shell out twice the amount in USD for importing you could get it from HMV/Amazon/eBay and the like instead of Zavvi, but their prices are WAY cheaper. That's the reason this thread is made/you guys are buying so much. Many sellers on eBay ship to the States, and you can ask for a box too. It's just that the prices are literally twice as much.

These are all pretty much impulse buys due to them being SE/CEs and the same price as MSRP over here for the regular edition. But, can you justify paying 60-70 for PSP imports otherwise...? Maybe for 1-2 games that you love, but really buying every single Squee-nix CE that gets released? Some of these games (arguably) are terrible.

As for the padded envelopes... I've had boxes get all messed up by USPS. Have you seen how they handle packages? Zavvi is at fault but I wouldn't say the burden is 100% on them. Maybe bubble mailers work fine for UK domestic? /shrug

I've order 3 different LEs and all 3 shipped in a extra large folded bubble mailer. All 3 had zero damage. Maybe i am just lucky???

[quote name='Kenshindono'] It says calls cost 10p per minute.. is that pounds?! Are they fucking serious?! 10 pounds a minute? Thats like 16 dollars a minute for them to take my money? fuck THAT[/QUOTE]

Google is a wonderful tool to get quick answers and avoid looking like an insane maniac.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I love how long this bubble mailer discussion has gone on. It's like we're debating a Constitutional Amendment or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm not putting a blurb into the OP based on a couple people getting damaged games. It is no different than if I ordered a guide or game off amazon here and it was sent in a bubble mailer. I wouldn't bitch a fit in a thread saying oh put it in the OP this gets sent in a bubble mailer. :roll:

[quote name='Kenshindono']It says calls cost 10p per minute.. is that pounds?! Are they fucking serious?! 10 pounds a minute? Thats like 16 dollars a minute for them to take my money? fuck THAT[/QUOTE]

Read this back to yourself, spend a moment thinking about it, and then see if you can figure out why you're not being taken seriously.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I'm not putting a blurb into the OP based on a couple people getting damaged games. It is no different than if I ordered a guide or game off amazon here and it was sent in a bubble mailer. I wouldn't bitch a fit in a thread saying oh put it in the OP this gets sent in a bubble mailer. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Bravo.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I'm not putting a blurb into the OP based on a couple people getting damaged games. It is no different than if I ordered a guide or game off amazon here and it was sent in a bubble mailer. I wouldn't bitch a fit in a thread saying oh put it in the OP this gets sent in a bubble mailer. :roll:[/QUOTE]

This could've been avoided if you put in big bold letter before anybody bought a TheHut or Zavvi product, that "ZAVVI, SHIPS IN BUBBLE WRAPS AND SOMETIMES ITEMS GET LOST IN MAIL, BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK" and than probably alot of people would've been warned, still, I expected better service than just a simple bubble wrap mailer, Zavvi is looking a like your common ebay seller, rather than a reputable "albeit shady" company.

So I got a response from zavvi stating they will send some type of form that I have to fax back to them. I'm losing faith and patience with them, as I wonder how long will it take for a manual form to arrive here. If anybody's had experience in these zavvi customer service matters, it would be much appreciated. Will they even refund my money back, If I ask?? Thanks,

[quote name='NolbertoS']This could've been avoided if you put in big bold letter before anybody bought a TheHut or Zavvi product, that "ZAVVI, SHIPS IN BUBBLE WRAPS AND SOMETIMES ITEMS GET LOST IN MAIL, BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK" and than probably alot of people would've been warned, still, I expected better service than just a simple bubble wrap mailer, Zavvi is looking a like your common ebay seller, rather than a reputable "albeit shady" company.[/QUOTE]

Anything can get lost in the mail there genius. Shall everyone that puts an amazon deal in this forum put up that packages get lost in the mail too? :roll:

[quote name='NolbertoS']I expected better service than just a simple bubble wrap mailer, Zavvi is looking a like your common ebay seller, rather than a reputable "albeit shady" company.[/QUOTE]

Maybe your expectations were unreasonable? You're paying a discounted price at launch for a CE, with free international shipping, from a site in the United Kingdom which looks like it was coded by a first year computer science student. I mean for the price they're charging did people honestly expect them to hire a supermodel to deliver the games by hand on a pillow of clouds along with a sandwich and a lifetime pass to Neverland?

If the inherent risks involved with importing from such a company aren't obvious to anyone who visits their site than I really don't know what to make of it.

Actually, there's a huge difference in that you are dealing with a company in another country which has poor customer service as in they don't answer the phone and take two days to respond to e-mails if they respond at all. It's good information for people to know about a collector's edition. If you look in other threads, plenty of people will chime in on getting damaged goods or having trouble with customer service and if it's more than a person or two, the OP may update the OP with relevant info. Unlike Amazon, doing a return to Zavvi is a nightmare and involves paying return shipping yourself. Zavvi also won't ship a replacement like Amazon will instantly. There are lots of other good companies in the UK that have prices very close to Zavvi. DVD.CO.UK for example typically ships everything in a small box and I have never had an issue getting damaged goods. Nothing wrong with being helpful and advising people of the potential risks.

Also, I'd like to add, even if your expectations of Zavvi were, in fact, reasonable(which they aren't), your expectations of the OP (who does not work for Zavvi) are a little over the top. Do your own research on a company instead of attacking someone who is gracious enough to provide a go-to thread for these.

They only ship in a bubble mailer. Amazon has about 10 different types of packages they use. I can post my conversation with zavvi to verify this if you like? These PSP LEs should never be shipped in a padded envelope. Anybody can clearly see that. I'm glad that you got your's un-damaged, but I would be shocked :hot: if all of your's came undamaged.

I realize you made this thread to help people, and that's awesome! This is information that people would like to know. It's a single line of text. I really don't see why you're being so resistant to adding it.

Thread updated.

Added MK Kollectors. Cleaned up the OP and put Arcana & Ogre in post #5. Will do the same when Dissidia & 3rd Birthday are a few weeks older.

I just wanted to say thanks again for starting and keeping this thread up to date Vendetta. I feel like a lot of Americans have been spoiled by Amazon, and feel entitled to things like free Intl. shipping/tracking/insurance/boxes/etc, which is ridiculous when you actually know the cost of such shipping.

There are plenty of options out there, so instead of bitching about it, lose the entitlement attitude and do the research yourself, and find an option that works for you, instead of shooting the messenger.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Thread updated.

Added MK Kollectors. Cleaned up the OP and put Arcana & Ogre in post #5. Will do the same when Dissidia & 3rd Birthday are a few weeks older.[/QUOTE]

neither the game.co nor gamestation links show the MK kollectors as having a steelbook :cry:
kinda lame since it was originally announced to have one. oh well. so far the only place with the steelbook that ive found is futureshop.ca and they ship to canada only.

[quote name='hazzmos']I just wanted to say thanks again for starting and keeping this thread up to date Vendetta. I feel like a lot of Americans have been spoiled by Amazon, and feel entitled to things like free Intl. shipping/tracking/insurance/boxes/etc, which is ridiculous when you actually know the cost of such shipping.

There are plenty of options out there, so instead of bitching about it, lose the entitlement attitude and do the research yourself, and find an option that works for you, instead of shooting the messenger.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. As for Amazon, I agree. I am even spoiled to a degree to them. I will make sure to keep this thread up to date as well. :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']neither the game.co nor gamestation links show the MK kollectors as having a steelbook :cry:
kinda lame since it was originally announced to have one. oh well. so far the only place with the steelbook that ive found is futureshop.ca and they ship to canada only.[/QUOTE]

I will make a note in the OP. I only linked them assuming they followed the press release. That sucks, I may have to rethink my options then... :cry:

From what I read/heard here: http://collectorsedition.org/4838/m...aible-for-pre-order-some-will-be-disappointed

It appears that there is no steelbook for the GAME CE. Apparently there is a Micromania.fe French edition that does contain a steelbook. No idea about whether or not Micromania ships internationally though.

There's also some good info in the comments. (OT: Including the first picture I've seen of the US Kollector's Ed. bookends)

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong to make them have problems with processing the payment on my card? I've tried it twice and then every time I click "resolve" under the order summary to try and fix whatever is wrong, I just get sent to a blank screen with their banner at the top. I've tried contacting customer support but they just tell me to do everything that the e-mail says... Useless. Anyone had a similar problem they ended up being able to fix?

I got it so fast becuase I got it off ebay lol. He shipped it out last week. I am shocked at how fast it got here though. I have it a day before it's even supposed to be released lol

Quick, list the DLC codes on ebay.co.uk and recoup the cost of the game!

Come to think of it, I'd better get that EU PSN account up and running so I can cash in my Tifa/Squall vouchers when the game arrives.

I got both US pre order codes, but I wish there was some way to use the squall one!!!! That's a good idea though. I might just do that.

I really dont get why your so against putting that in the OP. You feel the need to tell people that shipping is free, right next to the site link.. but not that the cost of that free shipping is that these collectors editions get shipped in an envelope? I really apreciate you starting this thread to give info on importing these things. I would think youd want to add this little bit of info, its something people would want to know

If your not going to put it right next to the site link (which you felt the need to mention free shipping there), then you could at the least put it down below in the 'some info' section with the notes. Something like
-Zavvi and The Hut only ship their items in padded envelopes
This is VERY different from ordering from amazon and other places. They use bubble mailers for some things, but i have never gotten a collectors edition or anything like that in a cruddy envelope. Only from 3rd party sellers and they usually get damaged too and go right back for a refund. Any ebay sellers that shipped stuff like that would get negative feedback.

I dont understand why everyone is making such a huge deal about this. Im not trying to attack anyone or be an ass. I just really think people should be informed as to how they ship their items. Let them make their own choice if they want to risk it or not

Its really simple.

• This is a thread for special editions.
  • Special editions are usually in easily crushed/damaged collectors artboxes
  • theHutt and Zavvi ship their stuff out in padded envelopes ONLY. That is not a safe way to ship easily damaged items such as these. Especially over seas. Thats not something for argument, its a fact. Yes some people have gotten their items fine (2 of my 5 came in ok so far), but the odds are very high the items will be damaged
  • Because of that fact it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to put 'ships in padded envelopes' either next to the free shipping note in the OP, or in the other notes section
You dont even have to mention that the items can be easily damaged if you dont want to. Let people use their own judgement based on the specific collectors edition they're getting. You can argue back and forth about packages getting lost, or other problems with the companies but the simple fact that they use such an inadequate packaging system is something people should be aware of before they order from them. Im honestly completely baffled as to why you seem so against putting this simple piece of information in the original post. I'm just trying to warn other people about something that is a real issue and let them make their own decisions on if they want to take the riisk or not. Whats the bid deal about that?

hell you even have the line:
"I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items."

is it that big of a deal to put that they shipped in padded envelopes next to that?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anything can get lost in the mail there genius. Shall everyone that puts an amazon deal in this forum put up that packages get lost in the mail too? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree that for stuff like that its up to chance. I dont think there needs to be a note about stuff like that in the OP. But that doesn't change the fact that them using bubble mailers is a real problem and a distinct disadvantage from other companies. It really should be noted in the op. Im really not sure why this has turned into a multiple page argument or issue.

[quote name='bvharris']I suggest if you want your crusade to be taken seriously that you turn the hyperbole down to at least 6. :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']Read this back to yourself, spend a moment thinking about it, and then see if you can figure out why you're not being taken seriously.[/QUOTE]

any particular reason you felt the need to double post this? And i dont see how im being Hyperbole. Frankly it seems like your being unnecessarily contentious. Theres no exaggeration in the fact that they use envelopes to ship out easily crushed limited edition items.

I am sorry for swearing and yelling about the credit card thing though. It was 3am and i was about to go to bed then got hit with that message. So i was a little irritable. Again, i do apologize for that. It doesn't change the fact that it seems ridiculous for them to charge you to verify your credit card. Espeically 16 dollars a minute, and espeically after they already took my card to get a reward zone membership last week o_O

[quote name='hazzmos']I just wanted to say thanks again for starting and keeping this thread up to date Vendetta. I feel like a lot of Americans have been spoiled by Amazon, and feel entitled to things like free Intl. shipping/tracking/insurance/boxes/etc, which is ridiculous when you actually know the cost of such shipping.

There are plenty of options out there, so instead of bitching about it, lose the entitlement attitude and do the research yourself, and find an option that works for you, instead of shooting the messenger.[/QUOTE]

*facepalm* *sigh*.. i dont get why so many of you are being so nasty about this. Seriously, what the hell? Im not attacking anyone, or trying to start a flame war. I just want to warn other people about the way the items are shipped. It seems 'free shipping' is noteable, but the fact that the cost of that free shipping is a cheap bubble envelope is not. That doesn't seem fair to me

And saying that a lot of Americans are 'spoiled' by adequate packaging that actually protects your items? umm.. ya i guess i am? If you know of these so called 'other options' please share. Im having trouble finding a reliable shipper. Ebay is not a very good option as it requires a lot of searching and a lot of shippers do NOT ship to the us. I was trying games.co.uk but they seem to have issues with my credit card, and seem to require me to pay for them to verify it via a phone call.. despite the fact that they took the payment before when i bought a reward card with them

Im willing to pay extra for shipping in adequate packaging, i just need a good place to buy from. Enlighten me on where these places might be? Thats the whole reason i came to the thread

[quote name='Kenshindono']I am sorry for swearing and yelling about the credit card thing though. It was 3am and i was about to go to bed then got hit with that message. So i was a little irritable. Again, i do apologize for that. It doesn't change the fact that it seems ridiculous for them to charge you to verify your credit card. Espeically 16 dollars a minute, and espeically after they already took my card to get a reward zone membership last week o_O
[/QUOTE]

Okay, since you obviously missed the point of what we were trying to point out:

10p means 10 pence, not 10 pounds. 1 pence is their equivalent of 1 cent, so 10p would be around 16 cents, not 16 dollars.

As for your hyperbole.. Hyperbole in this context is talking about things like repeatedly underlining the word "fact" and the like. A fact is something you have to prove, just because you personally think something is a fact doesn't automatically make it one.

[quote name='Zaku77']I got both US pre order codes, but I wish there was some way to use the squall one!!!! That's a good idea though. I might just do that.[/QUOTE]

As long as codes and DLC are free I can't imagine there being any problem in getting them on an EU account, regardless of where you are or the fact that you have an NTSC PSP. Anything costing money is going to require buying an expensive PSN card from Zavvi, though, which I'm not looking forward to :whistle2:&

I already have all my stuff on my US account though, so I'd be splitting up my dlc. I have no idea if they would work together or not. That's when it starts to get complicated!

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont understand why everyone is making such a huge deal about this. Im not trying to attack anyone or be an ass. I just really think people should be informed as to how they ship their items. Let them make their own choice if they want to risk it or not[/QUOTE]

Maybe no one understands why you're making such a big deal about this? If some of your packages were damaged, then report it here in the thread. People will read the discussion and it will let them know about what happened.

Maybe the OP thinks he should be able to make his own choice on how many issues with the shipping warrant posting a warning in the first post? You know, as opposed to just taking orders from you on how to manage his thread.

If you're so intent on following through on your crusade against the poor shipping methods of these retailers, start a thread in the Deal Discussion forum about it and spread the information that way.

In short: ZxT can manage the thread however he wants, if you don't like it, make your own place to banter and stop cluttering up this thread.

Why are you guys all being such dicks about this? They use padded envelopes, those often damage these types of items. How on earth is a single line of text detailing this fact hurting anyone? I do not understand at all why there is resistance to this?

[quote name='Zaku77']Why are you guys all being such dicks about this? They use padded envelopes, those often damage these types of items. How on earth is a single line of text detailing this fact hurting anyone? I do not understand at all why there is resistance to this?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters either way. However, I'm sure that many other people besides myself are tired of reading this stupid bickering in this thread about whether or not it should be added. The guy wanted it added to the first post, OP said no, so just mention the shipping methods when it comes up in discussion or someone asks. Are pages of back and forth about why it NEEDS to be in the first post necessary? No.

[quote name='Zaku77']Why are you guys all being such dicks about this? They use padded envelopes, those often damage these types of items. How on earth is a single line of text detailing this fact hurting anyone? I do not understand at all why there is resistance to this?[/QUOTE]

It could certainly hurt Zavvi's business, though I doubt many people here care about that. The bad experience of a few CAGs is not a significant enough sample for us to be making broad generalizations about the quality of Zavvi's service, just like my good experiences with them aren't enough to make a determination the other way.

Some people are of the opinion that padded envelopes are insufficient for this type of game, others disagree, both groups are entitled to their opinion. ZxT, who runs the thread, is obviously in the latter camp, as are many others. The information you would like out there is available in this thread if people read through the discussion, that doesn't necessarily mean it should go in the OP just because you deign that it should.

[quote name='blindinglights']I don't think it matters either way. However, I'm sure that many other people besides myself are tired of reading this stupid bickering in this thread about whether or not it should be added. The guy wanted it added to the first post, OP said no, so just mention the shipping methods when it comes up in discussion or someone asks. Are pages of back and forth about why it NEEDS to be in the first post necessary? No.[/QUOTE]
This. Let us all PLEASE STFU about the padded envelopes. Everyone gets it. Let's get back to the purpose of this thread, which is to find badass UK CEs.

[quote name='Ionotropic']This. Let us all PLEASE STFU about the padded envelopes. Everyone gets it. Let's get back to the purpose of this thread, which is to find badass UK CEs.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which... I wonder if they are going to give anything like Portal 2, Brink or LA Noire some steelbook treatment.

The UK/EU always gets more steelbooks than we do. :cry:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Speaking of which... I wonder if they are going to give anything like Portal 2, Brink or LA Noire some steelbook treatment.

The UK/EU always gets more steelbooks than we do. :cry:[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats because they are made in europe (denmark to be exact).

http://www.steelbook.com/sw/frontend/show.asp?parent=198126&menu_parent=196961&layout=0

and then there is the wannabe steelbook company that makes them in France.
(DA:O collectors imitation steelbook edition; first print; "star metalpak")

http://www.keysolutions.fr/

and if anyones interested, heres the thread that shows the differences:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249317

back on topic... hoping i can get the MK steelbook somehow

Received yakuza 4 kuro edition today in great condition. I hope the mk ke still comes with the steelbook.

[quote name='fwbweux']Could we compromise and have a funny picture in the OP instead of a warning? That way both sides get something they want ;)

2v35839.png
[/QUOTE]

LOL i had missed the first few posts on this page when i made mine. Just gotta say thats pretty damn funny

[quote name='bvharris']Okay, since you obviously missed the point of what we were trying to point out:

10p means 10 pence, not 10 pounds. 1 pence is their equivalent of 1 cent, so 10p would be around 16 cents, not 16 dollars.

As for your hyperbole.. Hyperbole in this context is talking about things like repeatedly underlining the word "fact" and the like. A fact is something you have to prove, just because you personally think something is a fact doesn't automatically make it one.[/QUOTE]

well considering you guys just insulted me and didn't actually point anything out, ya, i did kinda miss that.

And yes i know what hyperbole means. I was not exagerating anything. It is a fact that bubble mailers are not designed to protect delicate, easily crushed or borken items. They are not rated or approved for it by the post office, or any reputable company. Try sending people easily crushed items in those via ebay or something and see how long you remain a seller. They are probably just fine for regular hardcased games, but not for Limited editions. The whole point of this thread is to show people where they are selling these LE's we didn't get and provide them with the info to get it.. i really dont get why everyone is being so snippy about this. Seriously, whats the big deal about providing this info in the op? Free shipping is deemed worthy, why not the trade off for it?

[quote name='blindinglights']Maybe no one understands why you're making such a big deal about this? If some of your packages were damaged, then report it here in the thread. People will read the discussion and it will let them know about what happened.

Maybe the OP thinks he should be able to make his own choice on how many issues with the shipping warrant posting a warning in the first post? You know, as opposed to just taking orders from you on how to manage his thread.

If you're so intent on following through on your crusade against the poor shipping methods of these retailers, start a thread in the Deal Discussion forum about it and spread the information that way.

In short: ZxT can manage the thread however he wants, if you don't like it, make your own place to banter and stop cluttering up this thread.[/QUOTE]

you know what? The hell with it, it i give up. I dont care anyomre. Im sick of getting chewed out just for wanting to provide people with proper information. I guess most of you dont give a crap if the collectors editions you buy is crushed or mangled or whatever. Personally i get collectors editions to.. you know, collect them. I like them to be nice and neat and pristine. Not half crushed and dented

Most people are not going to read 28 friggin pages of posts to find out what to go with. Making a comment here on a random page will not reach most buyers. I was trying to help out other people. I've already found out how they ship stuff. A simple one line note on the OP teling people 'ships all items in padded envelopes' will save a lot of people headaches and let them make their own decision on if they want to risk shipping an item like that. If you guys wanna go off on me for trying to make this information easily accessible to other people go ahead, i give up. I just feel sorry for people who find this thread and order stuff only to receive their games crushed to hell and wonder 'wtf? whyd they ship it in this crappy padded envelope'

I am not making broad generalizations on the quality of zavvis services. I am simply commenting on their packaging for shipping, which is rather inadequate for limited edition items.

Whatever. I hope people stumble across this part of the thread when looking into where to buy from. I still need to find a decent dealer. Game.co.uk was a contender but there seems to be credit card issues

Anyone else get an email from Zavvi with discount codes? :D

I think I am going to re-order FFIV and P3P with these codes.

Also they auto adjusted my Dissidia 012. I didn't cancel that one to see if it would and they did. :)

picture.php

The coupon codes are unique. :razz:

bread's done
Back