EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I have no problems doing that. I shall start working on a list. I do expect everyone's help too though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Would love it if this thread was properly stickied by a mod =/.

But i'll dig around for any info i can find to help you out Vend.

Off the top of my head i know Last window for the DS.

Edit- maybe Xenoblade for the wii too? don't know if Euro ever got that, or maybe we're all sitting in the same boat with localization on that one.

Zavvi sent me an email with a 5 question survey in exchange for a 10 percent off coupon. One of the questions asked about more delivery options, which I marked that I wanted. Anyway, not sure if the coupon will be good on games, so we'll see when I get it.

Or if you and SSJmicheal ever decide to Co-op a "all current-gen comprehensive UK/US CE/LE" that would be amazing, worthy of a full sticky.

Though people might complaint its all MSRP or close to it...

A work around would be to include lists of retailers with different promos/pre-orders for each upcoming current-gen title
(GS, AMZ, BB, target, K-mart, TRus) for Stateside
(Game, Zavvi/Thehut, amazon.uk, ebgames) for U.K

Not to discount the amount of work/effort, but with the whole force of Caggers behind it, reality is not too far off.

I'll chip it with a comprehensive Jap-only CEs too if interest in this is high.

At TheHut, the code FOOL10 should take 10% off any orders made in the next five hours or so. I received a notice from them in my email seven hours ago and the code is stated as having a duration of twelve hours, so all I can say is sorry that I didn't check my email earlier =p

No Dissidia here, but I'm pretty calm about it this time around.

How do you sign up for zavvi/thehut newletter? their site is insufferable in term of user-friendly.

This is one of those rare times i actually want to give out my email...ironic isn't it?

I think that you just have to create an account on the site. It may prompt you with one of those "send me promotions and offers via email" checkboxes, though I can't remember. If you've already registered and you're not getting emails, they probably have some kind of account control panel where you can change email settings, though good luck finding it as the site design is indeed moronic.

[quote name='fwbweux']I think that you just have to create an account on the site. It may prompt you with one of those "send me promotions and offers via email" checkboxes, though I can't remember. If you've already registered and you're not getting emails, they probably have some kind of account control panel where you can change email settings, though good luck finding it as the site design is indeed moronic.[/QUOTE]

Hmm i searched all over their account setting, but no dice on getting enrolled into their newsletter.

i might have to make a new account using a fresh email and just forward those emails over to my main. Lame, but it works i suppose.

Did anyone order the Yakuza Steelbook from GAME in the UK? When I track my order its says dispatched on the 16th of March but that is the last thing that comes up and I havent seen it yet.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Did anyone order the Yakuza Steelbook from GAME in the UK? When I track my order its says dispatched on the 16th of March but that is the last thing that comes up and I havent seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I received my copy early this past week.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Yeah, I received my copy early this past week.[/QUOTE]

Crap, would have thought mine would have been here by now. Going to have to email them.

Has anyone had any problems with either Zavvi or the Hut in the last day? I have tried to order a copy of Knights Contract to no avail.

My credit card was denied for an unknown reason & when I try to create another account (using my PayPal e-mail address), I do not have a drop down box under Country for the good ol' USA. Do you think that they are stopping from shipping internationally or is their site(s) too retarded for their own good?!?

[quote name='popaloo']anything new on upcoming UK exclusive CE/LE?[/QUOTE]

Mercifully, there seems to be a lull in new announcements.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Has anyone had any problems with either Zavvi or the Hut in the last day? I have tried to order a copy of Knights Contract to no avail.

My credit card was denied for an unknown reason & when I try to create another account (using my PayPal e-mail address), I do not have a drop down box under Country for the good ol' USA. Do you think that they are stopping from shipping internationally or is their site(s) too retarded for their own good?!?[/QUOTE]

Even for sites as incompetent as Zavvi/TheHut there would probably be something highly visible on the site or in an email notification if they were changing policy to cut off international buyers, so I'm guessing that it's just another of the many shitty quirks of their tar-paper shack of a website that have plagued so many people here. Just keep trying through tomorrow and give an update here whether you were successful or not.

i saw a few people mention they got their coppies of Dissidia in a box. The first one mentioned he was from Japan.. what about the others who got Dissidia in a box? Are you in Japan too? Or the US? Zavvi told me they only ship in padded envelopes. The hut claimed they used both sometimes but i only ever got bubble envelopes from them (with most damaged)

if Zavvi is using boxes now i may order a copy of something from them.

Im still waiting on my game.co.uk order to come in as well as some other preorders i had with the hut

I never ordered from Zavvi at all. I only ordered from The Hut and game.co.uk. Game.co.uk still isn't here, that order processed on 3-29

the hut order came in relatively fast.. lemme check it shows most of them shipped 3-17 and i got them near the end of march. I dont know exactly when. i think it was around the 25th or so. so that was pretty fast

however my Dissidia order it seems was shipped 3-22 and its not here yet. Neither is the 3rd birthday which shipped the 27th. I ordered 2 each of them, that way i figure the odds of me getting one thats not all fucked up are better

hmm strangely enough my order of Hoshigami for the DS shows its waiting to be dispatched.. on 4-26? i thought that games been out for a while, thats strange

*EDIT* blea not sure why im contributing to this thread since last time i just got bitched at, but i guess i'll go ahead and share: current codes for thehut.com (noticed when i went to look at arcania heart)
5 pounds off of a 50 pound order:
SS5
4 off of a 40 order
SS4
2 off of a 20 order
SS2

[quote name='Kenshindono']i saw a few people mention they got their coppies of Dissidia in a box. The first one mentioned he was from Japan.. what about the others who got Dissidia in a box? Are you in Japan too? Or the US?[/QUOTE]

My Dissidia came in a box, and as far as I know I live in the US, not Japan.

thx for the codes Kenshindono
I think ill get Dissidia 012 from the hut with the $off coupon.
Just hope they ship in a box

[quote name='jcmeadows']Did anyone order the Yakuza Steelbook from GAME in the UK? When I track my order its says dispatched on the 16th of March but that is the last thing that comes up and I havent seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

I received my copy on April 1st. Took about 17 days. Strangely enough, I ordered the Shiro edition from JB HiFi Australia which shipped a week after the Kuro edition did from GAME and it got here on March 28th. Only took about 5 days.

I'm just happy that both editions arrived in perfect condition. I just hope yours arrives soon and is in perfect condition also.

Well, not just boxes to Japan. First two came in boxes, but the third came today in a bubble mailer (3rd Birthday).

Still, the bubble mailer was very large and wrapped around the game twice, so it gave ample padding and arrived perfectly safe. I'm pretty happy with the results!

My copy of 3rd Birthday is here and yet I haven't received Dissidia o_O I know people are still receiving their copies of Dissidia, but this makes it harder to not to worry about mine being lost, ugh.

As a matter of record, 3rd Birthday was in a flimsy mailer but also in perfect condition.

[quote name='fwbweux']My copy of 3rd Birthday is here and yet I haven't received Dissidia o_O I know people are still receiving their copies of Dissidia, but this makes it harder to not to worry about mine being lost, ugh.

As a matter of record, 3rd Birthday was in a flimsy mailer but also in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received either one yet. All of my other Zavvi orders arrived within a week of shipment. Guess my good luck on arrival time was bound to run out sooner or later, heh. I'm not worried quite yet, but I'm getting there.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I haven't received either one yet. All of my other Zavvi orders arrived within a week of shipment. Guess my good luck on arrival time was bound to run out sooner or later, heh. I'm not worried quite yet, but I'm getting there.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten either one yet. Hopefully they are in the mail today :)

[quote name='fwbweux']My copy of 3rd Birthday is here and yet I haven't received Dissidia o_O I know people are still receiving their copies of Dissidia, but this makes it harder to not to worry about mine being lost, ugh.

As a matter of record, 3rd Birthday was in a flimsy mailer but also in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]
+1 Everything this guy said. I was surprised that 3rd bday showed up. Was fully expecting Dissidia when I opened the envelope.

[quote name='Twizz']3rd Birthday came on today, crappy bubble mailer but not a single dent =)[/QUOTE]

Must not have been that crappy then. :D

I just received my Shogun 2 collector's edition (no chess set) from Zavvi, total is 54.99 British Pounds, and my credit card was charged about 80 us dollars. The game came in a white box, the box is a little worn, inside there are large "air bags" wrap around the game. The game is in perfect condition.

I have faith in this seller, since they shipping games despite the weight, this I receive the game in perfect condition.

game.co.uk does NOT shipping games over 1 lb overseas.

Previously, I purhcased the "Shogun 2 collector's edition with chess set" for 49.99 on game.co.uk whick I think is a very good deal. However they decline me because they don't shipping think over 1 lb to overseas.

I received my Dissidia 2 today. Came in a small box that wouldn't have been big enough for boxes like Tactics Ogre. I think I will continue to use this company, depends on if I want the collector's edition of a game really badly or not. I'm still trying to decide whether I would be getting the FFIV collector's or not. They haven't lowered the price down. Actually it went up, to £30.85.

got my copy of the third birthday today from zavvi. shipped in a bubble mailer so the outside box was a little bit bent, not a big deal. it came with a code for aya brea's costume for lightning in dissidia. since its the european version of the game do I need to make a EU psn account and have the EU version of dissidia? or will it work with any region PSN account and any region of the game?

[quote name='tommythethumb']I received my copy on April 1st. Took about 17 days. Strangely enough, I ordered the Shiro edition from JB HiFi Australia which shipped a week after the Kuro edition did from GAME and it got here on March 28th. Only took about 5 days.

I'm just happy that both editions arrived in perfect condition. I just hope yours arrives soon and is in perfect condition also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. As of yesterday it still had not got here. I cant track it past the day they shipped it so I dont know if that means there is a problem. There sold out now so I hope its not lost. That would be my luck, lol.

[quote name='kikoman']Ah yeah you're right. I had to create a new EU PSN ID on my PS3 to just download the DLC. Then I transferred them over to my PSP and now it works fine[/QUOTE]
Would you mind elaborating on how this works? Do you just establish an EU PSN account on your PS3, download the costumes to your HDD, and then transfer them to your US account-linked PSP?

[quote name='Ionotropic']Would you mind elaborating on how this works? Do you just establish an EU PSN account on your PS3, download the costumes to your HDD, and then transfer them to your US account-linked PSP?[/QUOTE]

Yes you download it from a EU PSN account, but when it comes to transfering the data to your psp, you have to link that psp to the EU account.

My first of two 3rd Birthdays arrived. In a doubled-over bubble mailer with more bubble wrap wrapped around the game inside. Perfect condition. Zavvi continues to make the haters look silly. :D

[quote name='bvharris']My first of two 3rd Birthdays arrived. In a doubled-over bubble mailer with more bubble wrap wrapped around the game inside. Perfect condition. Zavvi continues to make the haters look silly. :D[/QUOTE]

Mine came today too, but it was a little crushed. More than my crappily packed Vanquish SE. Not going to cry over it, but definitely a little upset.

[quote name='tommythethumb']I received my copy on April 1st. Took about 17 days. Strangely enough, I ordered the Shiro edition from JB HiFi Australia which shipped a week after the Kuro edition did from GAME and it got here on March 28th. Only took about 5 days.

I'm just happy that both editions arrived in perfect condition. I just hope yours arrives soon and is in perfect condition also.[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat as the op about that.. i still havent got my Kuro edition or any of the stuff i ordered from game.co.uk a few weeks ago. Im a bit worried actually.

About the white edition though.. do Australian games play in US ps3s? I know they ban or censor a lot of games there so i wanted to make sure the game was untouched and would play in the US PS3

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']got my copy of the third birthday today from zavvi. shipped in a bubble mailer so the outside box was a little bit bent, not a big deal. it came with a code for aya brea's costume for lightning in dissidia. since its the european version of the game do I need to make a EU psn account and have the EU version of dissidia? or will it work with any region PSN account and any region of the game?[/QUOTE]

thats interesting to know. I got the EU dissidia special edition so i may have to use that.

Just to check, i cant actually mix it with my english Dissidia can i? I have dark cloud for that one, and for the EU version i have the red tifa outfit, and Leon from FFVIII

[quote name='bvharris']My first of two 3rd Birthdays arrived. In a doubled-over bubble mailer with more bubble wrap wrapped around the game inside. Perfect condition. Zavvi continues to make the haters look silly. :D[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't say that at all. 3/5 of my items came in damaged. Just because you've had luck with your packages doesn't make their crappy bubble mailers any better. I also seriously wonder if the boxes were really perfect, without any dings or nicks anywhere.I expect my special editions in pristine collectors quality. One of the 3 damaged just had a tiny ding in the side, but thats still fail in my book

I actually got a few packages in today but havent opened them yet, im scared to. One is in a little box though! so yay to that. Whatever it is it should be safe i hope

April 5th:

[quote name='Kenshindono'][quote name='bvharris']My first of two 3rd Birthdays arrived. In a doubled-over bubble mailer with more bubble wrap wrapped around the game inside. Perfect condition. Zavvi continues to make the haters look silly. :D[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't say that at all. 3/5 of my items came in damaged. Just because you've had luck with your packages doesn't make their crappy bubble mailers any better. I also seriously wonder if the boxes were really perfect, without any dings or nicks anywhere.I expect my special editions in pristine collectors quality. One of the 3 damaged just had a tiny ding in the side, but thats still fail in my book[/QUOTE]

April 3rd:

[quote name='Kenshindono']I never ordered from Zavvi at all. I only ordered from The Hut and game.co.uk. Game.co.uk still isn't here, that order processed on 3-29[/QUOTE]

I'm just really not sure I understand what's going on here.

All this time complaining about Zavvi's shipping practices.

Have you actually ordered anything from them or not?

I ordered from thehut. They are the same company, different websites. Thehut just has a slightly better layout so i went with them. I mentioned that earlier. The only company that i havent verified how they ship their stuff is game.co.uk, which i guess i'll see when my Yakuza kuro book comes in and a few other things

Uhmm, just because you're arrived in good condition, don't expect them all in great condition, as I'll await judgement when I get 3 more games in the mail....I recently sent back the form they shipped to my address and faxed it back within 2 business days and Zavvi acknowledged the lost game and shipped a new one. I'll give zavvi credit that there mail in envelope arrived in 5 to 7 Business Days, while them shipping a game takes forever to arrive in the good ol'USA. I'm glad zavvi is understanding, as they apologized immediately via e-mail for the lost package. I guess Zavvi CS has turned for the better.

[quote name='Kenshindono']About the white edition though.. do Australian games play in US ps3s? I know they ban or censor a lot of games there so i wanted to make sure the game was untouched and would play in the US PS3 [/QUOTE]

I can't say with 100% certainty because I don't plan on opening it, but I'm pretty confident in saying it should play fine in any PS3 since all PS3 games are region-free. As far as content goes it appears to be the exact same game/content as the kuro edition with the exception of the white steelbook.

[quote name='Animekatt']Yes you download it from a EU PSN account, but when it comes to transfering the data to your psp, you have to link that psp to the EU account.[/QUOTE]
So when you link the PSP to the EU account, does it de-link from your US account? What happens to all the games I already have on the PSP that I bought from US PSN?

[quote name='NolbertoS']Uhmm, just because you're arrived in good condition, don't expect them all in great condition, as I'll await judgement when I get 3 more games in the mail....[/QUOTE]

I've now received 4 games from Zavvi and every one of them have been packaged with plenty of care and attention and every single one his arrived in pristine condition. I guess maybe Zavvi just likes me better than everyone else?

bread's done
Back