Evangelion 1.11 Blu-Ray $13.99 @ Amazon

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030ZOYHC

Evangelion 1.11: You are Not Alone is now $13.99 at Amazon.

evangelion-remake-due-20100128112801951_640w.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm jumping on at that price.

Hi-Def Digest review: Evangelion 1.11

[youtube]jhhNuM_ffdM[/youtube]

I saw it, and it looked absolutely amazing. They did some pretty compelling things with the modern tech. I highly recommend checking it out, though you definitely won't get the whole picture and the heavier character development from watching the original series.

Maybe i can get a short reply about this, is this supposed to be slimmed down episodes from the series that make up these movies, kinda like what they did to ghost in the shell?

The story is a condensed portion of the series, but it has new story elements and it's been redone for HD, so it's worth having even if you've seen the show.

God, the imagery in this series is just incredible. Completely, absolutely stunning. Just watched the clip and realized that that is where the strength of this series always was. So glad I ordered, thanks again OP.

Great deal for those who don't have it and have any interest in it. The Blu-ray looks friggin fantastic.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Any chance this will be re-released later on in a complete box set or something?[/QUOTE]

Maybe 7-8 years from now when the rest of this movie series gets released here. This is already the more complete version of Evangelion 1.0.

[quote name='genfuyung']Maybe 7-8 years from now when the rest of this movie series gets released here. This is already the more complete version of Evangelion 1.0.[/QUOTE]
7-8 years sounds like a joke, but you're probably right. Anyone interested in this title should just pick it up now.

Great find op. Already got this through Amazon preorder for $21, so $14 is an awesome price.

[quote name='bizman316']Is this a different movie than evangelion 1.01? or are they different movies?[/QUOTE]

1.11 has about three minutes of added footage and slightly tweaked video to fix some dark scenes from the original.

I kinda wish Amazon would do a big anime sale. I want most of the Blu-Ray collections and some dvds I know are never coming to Blu-Ray. I say kinda because I should be saving my money for the future and my bank account hates amazon with a passion. :p

[quote name='USB Cable']I kinda wish Amazon would do a big anime sale. I want most of the Blu-Ray collections and some dvds I know are never coming to Blu-Ray. I say kinda because I should be saving my money for the future and my bank account hates amazon with a passion. :p[/QUOTE]
They had one a month or so ago: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256600

I'm sure they'll do another one, but since they just did one recently it may be a while.

My bank account also hates Amazon... and Rightstuf :)

please let akira be next on this deal block

and thanks op, bit on this - waiting for a box set is too much for me, bigger price for cardboard box or keepcase is not enough

at least that's how i rationalize my impatience

[quote name='exRounder']please let akira be next on this deal block

and thanks op, bit on this - waiting for a box set is too much for me, bigger price for cardboard box or keepcase is not enough

at least that's how i rationalize my impatience[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was one of the suckers who paid near full price for Akira. It still sells at Best Buy for like 35 bucks. The audio on it is amazing so it's almost worth it.

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Yeah I was one of the suckers who paid near full price for Akira. It still sells at Best Buy for like 35 bucks. The audio on it is amazing so it's almost worth it.[/QUOTE]
Well the first pressing of Akira did come with a slipcase and a booklet about things I could barely understand regarding audio quality, so I suppose it was worth spending the extra dough.

[quote name='Raye']Well the first pressing of Akira did come with a slipcase and a booklet about things I could barely understand regarding audio quality, so I suppose it was worth spending the extra dough.[/QUOTE]

is that sarcasm

Why would it be sarcasm? The first pressing of Akira is a nice collectible, though I agree that the booklet's only going to be interesting to serious audiophiles.

[quote name='LeRoy']Very compelled to jump on this deal but I didn't much care for the series.[/QUOTE]

honestly it's much better than the series was, I'd say give it a chance

if you don't like it you could always sell it again and probably not lose too much money on it

I'm curious to see more of that Mari girl that I've seen pics of on the net, I'm assuming she's a pilot introduced in 2.22? I don't know why they introduced a new pilot when they could have explored Toji's character more. I always wanted to see an alternate story where he crushes Shinji's plug with him in it!

*Hates Shinji*

[quote name='slfc']What's going to sell more, Mari merchandise or Toji merchandise? ;)[/QUOTE]
Quoted for truth. Hoping this sale sticks around till Tuesday when I can get into my bank.

I was going to wait until they were all out to start buying. But seeing as that'll take years, and this really is quite a good deal....I'll bite.

My life is worth living here.

bread's done
Back