Ever been to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Koggit']I was actually sympathetic at first -- everyone makes mistakes, and most of us learn from them. We've all done things we regret. Mistakes are great opportunities to grow.

But then I read your "I've seen more than you could even dream" and "Don't talk down to me" bullshit. Listen to yourself. I'm not trying to insult you: seriously listen to yourself. If you don't think you sound immature, maybe you could bookmark this and read your posts again in two weeks, see it with a fresh perspective.

Arrogance and immaturity go hand in hand.[/QUOTE]
Two weeks? I'd expect much longer, given this kid's attitude.

Kiddo, if you don't like being called a loser, then stop acting like such a loser. Seems simple enough.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Two weeks? I'd expect much longer, given this kid's attitude.

Kiddo, if you don't like being called a loser, then stop acting like such a loser. Seems simple enough.[/quote]

Exactly. "Mr. Anderson", it may hurt your feelings, but what Kirin said is true.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The real test is to see if there's another thread in a few weeks titled "So I was in jail AGAIN".[/quote]

While it would be unfortunate, if that happens, I'm just going to expand Kirin's assessment with adjectives. One adjective each time he gets arrested. Hopefully, he learns his lesson, or I'm going to need to start a Wordpad document to remember it all.

[quote name='JJSP']http://www.livejournal.com ;)

In a real jail, you'd be passed around like currency.[/QUOTE]

I bet you know all about gettin' passed around.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Two weeks? I'd expect much longer, given this kid's attitude.

Kiddo, if you don't like being called a loser, then stop acting like such a loser. Seems simple enough.[/QUOTE]

Elaborate. What, to you, makes a person a loser? Eye of the beholder is what I say.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Elaborate. What, to you, makes a person a loser? Eye of the beholder is what I say.[/QUOTE]
Well, let's see, a two week drug binge and a day in jail is a damn good start.

Christ, it's sad that I even have to spell this out for you.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'] Elaborate. What, to you, makes a person a loser? Eye of the beholder is what I say.[/quote]

Well if you really believe that then don't say arrogant things like "I've seen more than you could even dream"
Whether you knew it or not when someone saids that it means that they somehow think that their life is somewhat more exciting, fulfilling, or/and better than the other person's life.
Thats exactly the delusional belief that makes kids these days do dumb shit.
They think that in order to have a good and joyful life that you need to go ape shit crazy with drugs and crime so you don't look like a boring nerd.
Well you can still have fun (party and hang out with good friends, drink a little) and at the same time still contribute to society without harming your body with Drugs and screwing up your record.
I quite enjoy my life and i have never spent a day in jail nor have i spent a dollar on drugs.
Really, take this as a learning experience and stop with the drugs and jail or you'll fine yourself a skinny crack head spending your minimum wage on drugs and going in and out of jail.
You aren't like that yet .... but remember it could happen so don't be arrogant and think that you can continue to be stupid but won't get like that.
So yes don't want to be a loser or called one?
Then shape up, and i guarantee that you will never be called that again.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well, let's see, a two week drug binge and a day in jail is a damn good start.

Christ, it's sad that I even have to spell this out for you.[/QUOTE]

Don't you get it? You're spelling it out for yourself. :D

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Don't you get it? You're spelling it out for yourself. :D[/QUOTE]

IDIOT ATTENTION WHORE SPOTT'd

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o[/MEDIA]

Once for about 8 hours on a DWI. Longest 8 hours of my life. Of course, I didn't get a bologna sandwich.

It all depends on what you do with this experience. In my case, the experience was really what I needed to turnmy life around.

Good luck.

Stuff happens. Many old acquaintances of mine from H.S., got themselves arrested, had to go to court, almost killed their best friend due to driving too fast, and many other stupid most. Most of them now (after 6-8 years) are doing very well with their lives and have changed for the better. When you're still a teen or just became an adult, you'll make stupid decisions which are costly, but there's still plenty of time to make things right.

I kind of tried too hard to avoid it (worst that happened to me was almost getting arrested for something I did not do).

Sucks to see this happen to a very nice CAG member, but you'll be all right and things will turn around. :)

I never went to jail, but had almost everyone close to me go to jail unfortunately.

Too bad I don't live near you Fez, because I'd hang with you and make sure your drug addiction stops. ;)

What kind of drug binge only costs $500 over the course of two weeks?

Listen: You're a not loser for any reason other than you think it's cool to brag about this. When you have learned a lesson from an experience like this you are humbled and don't tell that shit to anyone. You obviously have regular access to a computer, have the common sense to graduate, and have enough people to care about you to load your pockets with graduation money. Any bad decisions you make are purely out of stupidity with the resources you have. Grow the fuck up.

On-topic: No I haven't spend time in jail because even when I was doing dumb shit I was smart enough to not get caught.

You'd think if he was so worldly, he wouldn't have gotten himself into this mess. :lol:

[quote name='Koggit']I was actually sympathetic at first -- everyone makes mistakes, and most of us learn from them. We've all done things we regret. Mistakes are great opportunities to grow.

But then I read your "I've seen more than you could even dream" and "Don't talk down to me" bullshit. Listen to yourself. I'm not trying to insult you: seriously listen to yourself. If you don't think you sound immature, maybe you could bookmark this and read your posts again in two weeks, see it with a fresh perspective.

Arrogance and immaturity go hand in hand.[/quote]

[quote name='QiG']What kind of drug binge only costs $500 over the course of two weeks?[/QUOTE]

Lots.

Other than that, I was under the impression that the $500 was a fine/fee.

Either way, it's easy for armchair quarterbacks to say you're an attention whore, premised on the idea that you type this up trying to impress some shitbag in Peoria, Illinois, that you don't know and will never meet with your drug exploits.

I'm trying to wrangle with the general attitude that some drugs should be decriminalized (mostly marijuana) that many young people have these days, coupled with blaming the OP for his arrest. Now, yes, committing a crime and getting arrested for it is not the fault of authorities, but it could very well be possible that he just spent two weeks baked as fuck and got busted with his lil' emptied-out chapstik container of weed in a public place. I think y'all are assuming he was shooting dope in the barrio with the dregs of society, and that could be the case too. But let's not immediately assume that this is the case.

Fez, get help. If you have an addictive personality, don't lack the scruples to ask for rehab or professional help. If you don't, you'll still probably need to drop your friends like a bad habit (that's probably the worst part). You may even have to give up alcohol if it seems that it's the sort of thing that you increase consumption of.

Hell, you may not even have a drug habit at all - a two week bender is considerable, but if that's it, then you may be able to walk away just fine.

I don't know which you are. But get help - drugs are fun and awesome and all that at the moment you're on them, but at the same time, they very typically lead to severe problems later in life. I don't mean flashbacks or paranoia, but I do mean lethargy and missed opportunities. I'm not about to flash my resume here, as the teetotalers might think I'm trying to impress them - but I've not touched a thing in almost a decade, and while there are things about drugs to miss, seeing your friends cling to their old habits into their thirties is a frightening process indeed.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']OP, the mere fact that you said you don't think you need rehab after your ordeal means you do.[/quote]

Talk about a catch-22

random guy #1 "I need rehab"
Guile "OK go to rehab"

random guy #2 "I don't need rehab"
Guile "Saying you don't need rehab means you do need rehab. Go to rehab"

[quote name='mykevermin']Lots.

Other than that, I was under the impression that the $500 was a fine/fee.

Either way, it's easy for armchair quarterbacks to say you're an attention whore, premised on the idea that you type this up trying to impress some shitbag in Peoria, Illinois, that you don't know and will never meet with your drug exploits.

I'm trying to wrangle with the general attitude that some drugs should be decriminalized (mostly marijuana) that many young people have these days, coupled with blaming the OP for his arrest. Now, yes, committing a crime and getting arrested for it is not the fault of authorities, but it could very well be possible that he just spent two weeks baked as fuck and got busted with his lil' emptied-out chapstik container of weed in a public place. I think y'all are assuming he was shooting dope in the barrio with the dregs of society, and that could be the case too. But let's not immediately assume that this is the case.

Fez, get help. If you have an addictive personality, don't lack the scruples to ask for rehab or professional help. If you don't, you'll still probably need to drop your friends like a bad habit (that's probably the worst part). You may even have to give up alcohol if it seems that it's the sort of thing that you increase consumption of.

Hell, you may not even have a drug habit at all - a two week bender is considerable, but if that's it, then you may be able to walk away just fine.

I don't know which you are. But get help - drugs are fun and awesome and all that at the moment you're on them, but at the same time, they very typically lead to severe problems later in life. I don't mean flashbacks or paranoia, but I do mean lethargy and missed opportunities. I'm not about to flash my resume here, as the teetotalers might think I'm trying to impress them - but I've not touched a thing in almost a decade, and while there are things about drugs to miss, seeing your friends cling to their old habits into their thirties is a frightening process indeed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Just fyi, the court costs, fees (including the two speeding tickets I accumulated during the past weeks), and NOT including the lawyer fees is looking something like five grand at this point. I just woke up from the worst nightmare of my life (literally) to my family screaming at me to get out of bed and telling me I'm fucked up on something and that I need to pack my shit right now. Pivotal moment folks

Drugs are bad Mkay....

To answer the OP question, Yes. but not for any of the stupid shit I've done, I was innocent of all charges...eventualy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back