Ever just suck miserably at a game even though you try REALLY hard ?!?

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I've always prided myself at being an above average videogame player...sometimes I might even go so far to say excellent at certain titles...but recently there have been a few games that have made me doubt my gaming ability...namely Top Spin and DOA:Ultimate

I played the entire career mode of Top Spin...maxed my character out...hop on Xbox live and get my ass handed to me EVERY time. Not once in a while mind you... EVERY TIME. In fact, I don't believe I have EVER won an online match. EXTREMEMLY frustrating.

So for some reason, I got the urge to pick up DOA:U this past Friday...well...I've played through the game multiple times, unlocked a bunch of stuff, and practiced for approximately 9 hours or so - I felt that my skills were ready for some Xbox live opponents...HA! That's a laugh...I think I've won 1 fight out of 15 - in other words - I SUCK!!

Anybody else ever have this happen?

DOA 3, I stay far away from this game. I also used to be bad at FPS but halo changed that

Shinobi's final boss is unbeatable. I am convinced. All in all, I probably spent like 5-6 hours just trying to beat that boss. The lowest I ever got him to was 1/4 of his life left.

I also get owned at Top Spin on XBL. But maybe that's because I haven't played any of it offline. On the other hand, I never played offline Crimson Skies, and yet I am very good on XBL.

I played the entire career mode of Top Spin...maxed my character out...hop on Xbox live and get my ass handed to me EVERY time. Not once in a while mind you... EVERY TIME. In fact, I don't believe I have EVER won an online match. EXTREMEMLY frustrating.

I know exactly what you mean. I own the carrer mode in top spin and everything. Then i go and i play my dad and he whoops on me. The thin is though that is the only time he plays it when we play two player. Yet i have never lost a match on one player. I think it is the games ai . IT SUCKS

DDR is hard at first until you learn how to play it. I have seen people give up and say "I am NEVER playing this game again!!" Then they freak out and throw a temper tantrum.

No matter how many times I try to get good at Madden I always suck. I try and try and keep getting my ass kicked so badly, both online and off. Resident Evil games go here too. I like em but I hate the restrictions on ammo so I usually use everything up and die.

I recently bought Rivals 2004, (an XSN Hockey Game) and me and some friends brought it on LIVE. We were owned by a single guy with an AI goalie. Sad is an understatement here.

Pretty much any FPS in multiplayer since Doom 2. Also now in my old age (28) my fighting game skills are starting to diminish as well I've noticed.

I would have to go with Megaman Aniversary Collection, I thought I used to be good at these games but I simply get owned at it now.

first thing that came to mind was my gitaroo man

i only went up to level 2 on master :(. so i let my friends borrow it since i was stuck, and they passed me in the game...

i think it is cuz i have gigantic hands?!?!?

I also could not beat Shinobi's final boss. Kinda ruined a game that I really enjoyed up until that point. I really suck at the Hitman games. I like MGS and Splinter Cell, but the Hitman games just piss me off.

i consider myself pretty bad at games in general. Tried a few times to beat the first level in Timesplitters 2, still haven't.

Can't get very far in the RE remake without getting killed, I don't want to save until I get a little ways because I know saves are limited, and I am trying to conserve ammo.

[quote name='msdmoney']i consider myself pretty bad at games in general. Tried a few times to beat the first level in Timesplitters 2, still haven't.[/quote]

hahahahhaa wow you are bad
anyway...
ninja gaiden royally kicked my ass....broke a freakin controller over it

[quote name='daikaiju']I've always prided myself at being an above average videogame player...sometimes I might even go so far to say excellent at certain titles...but recently there have been a few games that have made me doubt my gaming ability...namely Top Spin and DOA:Ultimate

So for some reason, I got the urge to pick up DOA:U this past Friday...well...I've played through the game multiple times, unlocked a bunch of stuff, and practiced for approximately 9 hours or so - I felt that my skills were ready for some Xbox live opponents...HA! That's a laugh...I think I've won 1 fight out of 15 - in other words - I SUCK!!

Anybody else ever have this happen?[/quote]

Sounds like me lmao. Im awesome at shooters, fifa, football and basketball but im doing pretty bad in both game su listed

When it comes to gaming, let me tell you, I'm bigger than the Beatles were when they said they were bigger than Jesus.

some of the time trial missions in I-ninja pissed me the hell off. 3-d Platformers were never my strong suite, but i'm getting better.

hmmm no
i always beat my games within 2 hours of buying them
ninja gaiden took me 1 1/2 hours
ikaruga i beat just now for the 5th time while i was typing this

Hmm... No game comes to mind. I'm not very good at some games (take note: fighters, especially Virtua Fighter), and I get very easily frustrated when I play the same part for more than 5 times, but it fades away pretty quickly... But I don't especially suck at anything.

With enough practice I can excel at any game. That being said...

...the last three races in Burnout 3 are absolutely crushing me right now, and
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection consistantly whips me on the lowest difficulty setting.

Old School: The Icy Lake stage from Mr. Bones was brutal.

Stupid NFL street cheats damnit, and this stupid fly has been annoying the hell out of me for an hour. I'm going to kill it eventually damnit!

Stealth games in general hate me. When I read about a game before purchasing it, the stealth stuff always sounds fun. Then I get the thing home, I panic, I shoot the guys in the face, and I screw up my mission. It brings me to my new philosophy on stealth games: I'm not going to play them. Why sneak behind a guy when I could just shoot him in the face? This is part of the reason I like a simple game like Halo where I can just run up to my enemies (who are clearly my enemies) and shoot them dead.

I'm pretty bad at football games. Never played the sport in real life. Like playing the videogames, but get my ass handed to me most all the time.

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mainly Ikaruga comes to mind.[/quote]

Ikaruga. Game makes me say Ikaruga is my daddy...[/quote]

Ikaruga owns my soul. Contra: Shattered Soldier above easy owns me, too. My friend and I beat it on easy (which is not as easy as it sounds, you may have essentially infinite continues, but given the continuing system it is conceivable that you still couldn't get past a stage), in fact we beat it only continuing 2 times. I figured we would be able to handle it on normal. My god, it crushed me. I was used to the 7 (i think) lives they give you on easy, so when it got trimmed down to 3, I was horribly screwed.

I, however, never had a single problem beating Ninja Gaiden. Not that the game is easy, but I didn't think it was that hard on any difficulty.

It's just a game man. If you suck at it, you just suck. Not big a deal, sure it hurts your ego but in the end it's just a game. With me I was always got owned at fighting games, so I praticed and Practiced to the point that I got blisters on my thumbs, and now I can hang in there with the best of em. You also have to take into account that some people have no lives, and dedicated un-godly amount of time into some online/multi games and then theres other that just excel at certain type of games. It's always funny to watch my friends get game rage when there getting there ass kicked, It's fine getting emotional (you know cussing out the tv when you've worked on a boss for 15 minutes just to get killed over something stupid) but some people just have fits over not wining, like it's the end of the world if you can't own some 30 year old in his basement. I love when games are just above my gaming level, makes a games fun for me, plus it's even sweeter at the end of the game knowing you busted your thumbs to get there. I don't know, thats just me.

Tony Hawk games own me. I am a little better now that the timer isn't a big part of the proceddings. But it seems like I get in the air and my fingers spaz out and hit the wrong buttons and I end up landing the trick on my face.

I suck at Goldeneye, specifically, and all FPS in general.

This guy talked about Game Rage - that's me. How do I have a machine gun, firing at this guy point blank, and I'm still missing him as he zig-zags around like a slap-happy kid high on chocolate and pixie sticks?

Then the real slap in the face comes when he finally gets behind something, then pops out and shoots my character through the head with his little one-shot pistol. What a load of cheating crap! I'm getting mad just thinking about it. I hate FPS. The entire genre has conspired to cheat against me, no matter how hard I try to get better at it.

[quote name='jlarlee']Tony Hawk games own me. I am a little better now that the timer isn't a big part of the proceddings. But it seems like I get in the air and my fingers spaz out and hit the wrong buttons and I end up landing the trick on my face.[/quote]

[quote name='jeffispiked']Stealth games in general hate me. When I read about a game before purchasing it, the stealth stuff always sounds fun. Then I get the thing home, I panic, I shoot the guys in the face, and I screw up my mission. It brings me to my new philosophy on stealth games: I'm not going to play them. Why sneak behind a guy when I could just shoot him in the face? This is part of the reason I like a simple game like Halo where I can just run up to my enemies (who are clearly my enemies) and shoot them dead.[/quote]

wow...those apply to me also...its like...something i would say...that's how true it is for me too :shock:

yea, when i get lots of air...i just cant think what i wanna do and by the time i try to do something, i fall on my ass in TH games...

and for stealth games...wow...i always fall for those...i really suck at those...i mean...i ALWAYS get caught and then i cant think of what to do besides shoot!! all the games: SC, MGS, etc.... :(

ninja gaiden and some of those levels on burnout 3 where you have to beat a certain lap time to get the gold and if you wreck once you don't win. those are the games i suck at right now.

I'm sure I'd be pwned on Live for basically all of the games I own (if I had Live...)

As far as playing against the AI, I've played a few that I couldn't beat the final mission or boss (Vexx comes to mind) and two come to mind that I had to play on Easy.

Genma Onimusha. Got to the first boss on Normal and he kicked my ass probably over a dozen times. So I started over on Easy. On Easy it was challenging, but I didn't really get stuck or have to fight the same battle 3+ times.

And Breakdown. I got to the first unarmed battle against two of the tattoed baddies and got whooped 7 or 8 times. I decided to restart on Easy so I wouldn't be terribly frustrated.

Breakdown I think I could have beaten on Normal if I had the patience and desire to hone my skills. Genma I'm not really sure about. Anyone that beat Genma on the top difficulties earns my respect.

bread's done
Back