Every Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Deal!

falcondealz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Seeing how Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (releases 11/10/09) seems to be the most hyped game of the year, if not the decade, I decide to throw all the deals for it together in one big thread. I included all the major retailers and websites, along with a few oddball sites that had some pretty good prices. Good luck getting this game cheaper than this, CAGs!

NOTES:

1. Prices DO NOT include shipping costs unless otherwise noted.

2. These are the prices for only the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, I would certainly assume that the PS3 version has the same prices. The PC version may be different, however, since the PC versions usually contrast from the console prices.

3. These are the prices for only the original version of the game (not the Hardened or Prestige editions). Kinda obvious, but just wanna put that out there for all you knuckleheads.

WALMART

walmart.com: $59.82

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
, get a free $20 eGift* Card!
(*Note: This card may only be used for walmart.com purchases.)

GAMESTOP

$59.99

If you pre-order the game, you gain exclusive access to the Surprize Attack Sweepstakes.

Coupon Deal: Get 20% off an pre-owned game with the purchase of COD:MW2.
(Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241920)

BEST BUY

$59.99

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $10 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards Zone Club members ONLY)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any of the following games:
Call of Duty : World at War, Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Fifa Soccer 10, UFC Undisputed, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4: GOTY Edition, Prototype, Bakugan Battle Brawlers thing (IDK), Star Wars:The Clone Wars, Street Fighter IV, Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead: GOTY Edition, Fable 2...(Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241459)

Get 15% off the Modern Warfare 2 Game Guide with the purchase of the game.

TOYS 'R US

$59.99 (free shipping)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $20 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards 'R Us members ONLY)

In-Store ONLY from 10AM to 2PM ONLY on November 10th ONLY!

There is a bunch of COD:MW2 deals at Toys 'R Us that are quite complicated, so here's a link to the thread with the rest of them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241818

Free Shipping with purchase of the game (AKA any order over $49).

TARGET

$59.99

There is a coupon where you can buy any two 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, or DS games for $10 off. The thread and coupon can be found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241641

K-MART

$59.99

Buy one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $10 K-Mart Gift Card!

FRYS

$49.89

In-Store ONLY!

BLOCKBUSTER

$59.99

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $5 Blockbuster Gift Card!

FYE

$53.99
for members

$59.99 for non-members.

FAMILY VIDEO

$53.99

AMAZON

$59.99 (free Standard shipping)

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $20 Video Game Credit*!
(*Note: This credit comes as a code and may only be used with a future video game purchase.)

PC Price: $58.99

GAMEFLY

Keep Price: $49.99

Rent Price: $8.95

GOHASTINGS

$59.99

Trade in three select games to save at least $59.99 on your copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or any other $59.99 game of your choice.

Applicable Games:
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/section.jsp?departmentName=POD&podName=ModernWarfare2

OTHER GREAT ONLINE DEALS

REMEMBER THAT THESE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING COSTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, SO DON'T FREAK OUT JUST YET!

SuperDuperClub-
$49.99

Buy.com- $52.99 (only $4.99 more for shipping, making the total $57.98)

DeepDiscount- $58.99 (free shipping)

ErwinComp- $58.95 (free shipping)

Pakayas- $53.99

818 Games- $52.00

ComegaCity- $56.03

Central Florida Gaming- $56.50

GameFanAttic- $54.99 (very cheap shipping, the site calculates it for you)

BestSku- $44.99 (The person who requested I put this here bought the game, including shipping, for $51.99)

I'm thinking about just doing the Amazon or Walmart deal. Either one sounds great.

EDIT: I did the Amazon deal, but I asked for Release Date Arrival Shipping, so I had to pay an extra $5.

-falcondealz

Oh, and if you find any more deals on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, PLEASE alert me and I gladly add it to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='playing mantis']Just wanted to point out to everyone that the PC version of MW2 is tied to Steam.

This means that you can't sell the game, once you register it with Steam (which you have to do to be able to play).

So in reality, the PC version is more expensive than the console versions, as you can't sell it to recoup some of the purchase price.

When you combine this with the castration of the PC version (no dedicated servers, no mods, no leaning), it becomes an insult to PC gamers.

If you are only interested in single player campaign, just rent the game for 360 or PS3, if you have one.[/QUOTE]

It's because Steam is horrible, and Valve have a basic monopoly on PC games and the PC marketplace now.

[quote name='3rdbass']Bestsku has reliable service from what I can tell. I guess because they actually charge for shipping unlike Buynextgen.com. I got MUA2 in 4 days when I ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

that shipping time frame is pretty good. Is that total days since you ordered and including the day you got it.?

they also have the XBox 360 version for the sames price as the ps3 version, 44.99

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Since amazon added back the 20.00 credit for modern warfare 2 do you think i would get the credit if i bought it for pc even if i already received one for preordering the 360 version? it is technically a different promotion right since one was for preorders and then there is this new one?[/QUOTE]

Any help here??

Hmm the best buy one is interesting because I do want one of the other games plus the GC isn't bad as I am getting LD2 next Tuesday.

[quote name='SuppaMan']It's because Steam is horrible, and Valve have a basic monopoly on PC games and the PC marketplace now.[/QUOTE]

Steam is great and valve is great. The problem is with publishers and retailers.

1. Activision are the ones who stipulated that every copy should go through steam, not valve.

2. The Amazons, ebgames, and Walmarts of the world are the ones who stop digital distribution from becoming cheap, as it should since theres no physical production and shipping costs. They'd throw a goddamn hissy fit if the same game on their shelves and in their warehouses were $20 cheaper online. Notice how other forms of media arent any cheaper either? Like goddamn itunes and their $1.20 a song. So yea, place your blame elsewhere.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Any help here??[/QUOTE]

I just ordered a 2nd PS3 copy (pre-ordered 1st copy).. and it has the "Promotion: 0" on the invoice.. so it's probably OK. If not, you can always beg or return the game.

[quote name='gi60']I just ordered a 2nd PS3 copy (pre-ordered 1st copy).. and it has the "Promotion: 0" on the invoice.. so it's probably OK. If not, you can always beg or return the game.[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you

[quote name='qwerty1']Steam is great and valve is great. The problem is with publishers and retailers.

1. Activision are the ones who stipulated that every copy should go through steam, not valve.

2. The Amazons, ebgames, and Walmarts of the world are the ones who stop digital distribution from becoming cheap, as it should since theres no physical production and shipping costs. They'd throw a goddamn hissy fit if the same game on their shelves and in their warehouses were $20 cheaper online. Notice how other forms of media arent any cheaper either? Like goddamn itunes and their $1.20 a song. So yea, place your blame elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you really have absolutely no clue how business and this business is working do you? As it is, let's stay on topic in this thread.

[quote name='SuppaMan']Haha, you really have absolutely no clue how business and this business is working do you? As it is, let's stay on topic in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear how you think this business works.

How do you think Amazon/Walmart/Target is going to address digital distribution of games?

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Any help here??[/QUOTE]

It seems like they would have to be considered different promotions.

But even if they claim that its the same deal it could still work. The wording of the promotional credit e-mail says "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Offer valid for one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for [insert platform here] purchase per customer." So as long as you're ordering a different version of the game you should get the video game credit whether amazon considers it a different promotion or not.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Got my credit this morning so the deal is good

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 2/28/10. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied. Please note, the discount will not be visible until a Video Game product is added to your cart and you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid for one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 purchase per customer.
The promotion code must be used by February 28, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.

[quote name='cag1000']Deep Discount is Sold out, Amazon Sold out, Buy.com Sold out and Newegg only allows you to order 1 every 48 hours. Walmart still has some. But I would think both of those will sell out within a couple days.

Also Newegg is 160 shipped because of the tax[/QUOTE]

People are paying $160 for basically the game + a $80 toy you can buy everywhere (some places for 50% less at $40) and believing it's THAT Rare...

I would just wait until both the game and the NVG are 50% off

$80 Total!!!

[quote name='dsh3311']Costco has it for 53.99 for both PS3 and 360[/QUOTE]

i was going to go with costco, but instead i got it for 51.99 shipped online from bestsku

I just bought Hardened edition today for $70 (was $80) + tax with $10 GC by pm'd TRU AD with $20 GC @ BB. I alway post hot deal with the picture! :D

sg06qx.jpg

Tried to do some price matching at Best Buy to Fry's and the TRU $20 GC deal... didn't work. :(

Got refused from 3 BBs (Live close to 1, happened to pass by 2 on the way to dinner with some relatives) to price match either Frys or Toys R Us. Had to settle on the $10 RZ gift card only...

First BB said they didn't price match gift cards, even when showing them their own policy. Couldn't do Fry's because it wasn't in their competitive zone. Settled on the $10 RZ
Second one said they didn't price match Fry's because it was an "online price" even though the price is the same in store. They refused to call the store, even.
Third one decided to give up on the $20 gift card, but at least price match Fry's. Clerk was going to do it, but then saw I had already gotten the $10 gift card, and said that if she price matched it would also be double dipping.

What the heck!?

[quote name='orijinal']Tried to do some price matching at Best Buy to Fry's and the TRU $20 GC deal... didn't work. :(

Got refused from 3 BBs (Live close to 1, happened to pass by 2 on the way to dinner with some relatives) to price match either Frys or Toys R Us. Had to settle on the $10 RZ gift card only...

First BB said they didn't price match gift cards, even when showing them their own policy. Couldn't do Fry's because it wasn't in their competitive zone. Settled on the $10 RZ
Second one said they didn't price match Fry's because it was an "online price" even though the price is the same in store. They refused to call the store, even.
Third one decided to give up on the $20 gift card, but at least price match Fry's. Clerk was going to do it, but then saw I had already gotten the $10 gift card, and said that if she price matched it would also be double dipping.

What the heck!?[/QUOTE]
You need a hardcopy or printout of FRYS/TRU AD, the AD itself explains 1000 words.

damn it, any chance of Buynextgen.com restocking on MW2? since their prices are still the same *43.95*

*edit* they restocked, but Iv seen some topics on how that site is sketchy, are they reliable? or at least worth the risk?

Got myself not one, but THREE deals related to MW2 @ BB. I used the SKU from another thread to get $20 off the 12 month subscription card, used their Reward Zone kiosk to print out the coupon for the $10 GC when you buy MW2, and picked up Fable II for $19.99 ($10 off when purchased with MW2).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Try Walmart deal should be able to get $20 GC or deducted from the original price.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks, where can i find the coupon?

I was able to get BB to pricematch. The deal was even sweeter because I was only charged tax for 39.99.
GetAttachment.aspx

[quote name='BowserK']cool thanks, where can i find the coupon?[/QUOTE]
Just call Wal-Mart. Is not on the AD or Online but tell them that WM extended $20GC deal until the 15th (tomorrow is the last day).

so as pictured earlier i had got MW2 for PS3 w/ $40 plus a free $10 gc after pricematching TRU and using the RZ cpn. well i went back today and wanted to exchange it for 360 version. 1st rep told me she couldnt do it, then she was like im going to see what i can do, then taking about i had to pay this and that, then got a manager and he was like "damn im about to do this" did override and got it. lol. so if you guys want to swap its a problem.

[quote name='jmillion']so as pictured earlier i had got MW2 for PS3 w/ $40 plus a free $10 gc after pricematching TRU and using the RZ cpn. well i went back today and wanted to exchange it for 360 version. 1st rep told me she couldnt do it, then she was like im going to see what i can do, then taking about i had to pay this and that, then got a manager and he was like "damn im about to do this" did override and got it. lol. so if you guys want to swap its a problem.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I went to Best Buy yesterday and they begrudingly matched the TRU $20 giftcard and refused to scan the $10 reward zone gift card coupon. If I wasn't already in there to get the XBOX Live 12 Months (+ Joust! >.> would rather have gotten the modern warfare 2 bundle with the shirt, but they had none) for $29.99, I would have rather given the business to Toys R Us. Don't get me wrong, I still like Best Buy and am glad they are there, but overall, for B&M video game deals, Toys R Us has been a lot more impressive this year. Batman Arkham Asylum, Scribblenauts, and Halo 3: ODST all with awesome promos that no other B&M store came close to matching.

can anyone confirm the toys r us promotion is still active for the $20 gift card.
i cant find a toys r us in san diego that still has it

I just tried to return one of my games from the BB B2G1 for MW2. First, I got Demon's Souls for free during the promotion. 3 days after the promotion ended, I went back and exchanged it for Dragon Age: Origins no questions asked. I decided I didn't have the high enough want to actually open and play that game, so I tried today to exchange it for MW2 to sell and recoup some of the initial cost on eBay. I get to the customer service and they give me this long drawn out reason that "promos like B2G1 never includes new release games" even though I specifically showed them I bought Forza 3 and the new R&C during the promo the day they came out, and was also allowed to return Demon's for DA:O 4 days after the promo with no problem.

The manager lady then said this game was "too new" and I could get any game BUT MW2 or "any game that came out this week". I asked her if I then could just get a refund for this game, and she said "no, because it's worth $0.00" so technically I could have returned the other two and got my $129 back and just kept DA:O for free. Oh well, it was worth a shot.. but just decided to get Killzone 2 and be done with it.

I guess that's what happens when a game is so big, even the people who don't play games knows it exists. If it would have been any other game that just came out this week, they wouldn't have cared as she still needed an manager override for KZ2 on the exchange. She just allowed it because it's not a "hot seller". Damn Best Buy.

Sorry for the off topic of MW2 deals, but I thought you guys should know that trying to exchange a game for MW2 from B2G1 at Best Buy is a bitch and serious YMMV on getting it.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Sorry for the off topic of MW2 deals, but I thought you guys should know that trying to exchange a game for MW2 from B2G1 at Best Buy is a bitch and serious YMMV on getting it.[/QUOTE]

Had no problem doing it. I agree it may be YMMV, but I suggest the odds are much higher if you exchange a game priced at $59.99 on your receipt instead of a game priced $0.00 on your receipt. I think you got lucky that they allowed you to do the first exchange.

[quote name='DUSTI N']can anyone confirm the toys r us promotion is still active for the $20 gift card.
i cant find a toys r us in san diego that still has it[/QUOTE]

It's dead. It was up yesterday (Saturday) again, but the deal is dead for now.

shit i wanted to price match. guess im waiting for the next deal to pop up.
i will never pay more than $40 for a video game

There are 2 things i would have done differently. I purchased a few of the b2g1 deals at bb and tru. I have been able to return all of the the 59.99 valued games and buy mw2 with a pm to tru from bb (using printed out online policies )I knew better than to try to get the free one exchanged at either place. In combination I bought a number of the same games at both stores so i was able to easy return one to another. I have made over 50.00 in rewardzone/rewards r us certs and have multiple GCs from both stores. I have gotten 10+ copies of mw2 at 29.99. The free ones that I got at best buy I also paid 59.99 at bb/tru on a diff receipt so i could get my money back and sold the free copies i received.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I just tried to return one of my games from the BB B2G1 for MW2. First, I got Demon's Souls for free during the promotion. 3 days after the promotion ended, I went back and exchanged it for Dragon Age: Origins no questions asked. I decided I didn't have the high enough want to actually open and play that game, so I tried today to exchange it for MW2 to sell and recoup some of the initial cost on eBay. I get to the customer service and they give me this long drawn out reason that "promos like B2G1 never includes new release games" even though I specifically showed them I bought Forza 3 and the new R&C during the promo the day they came out, and was also allowed to return Demon's for DA:O 4 days after the promo with no problem.

The manager lady then said this game was "too new" and I could get any game BUT MW2 or "any game that came out this week". I asked her if I then could just get a refund for this game, and she said "no, because it's worth $0.00" so technically I could have returned the other two and got my $129 back and just kept DA:O for free. Oh well, it was worth a shot.. but just decided to get Killzone 2 and be done with it.

I guess that's what happens when a game is so big, even the people who don't play games knows it exists. If it would have been any other game that just came out this week, they wouldn't have cared as she still needed an manager override for KZ2 on the exchange. She just allowed it because it's not a "hot seller". Damn Best Buy.

Sorry for the off topic of MW2 deals, but I thought you guys should know that trying to exchange a game for MW2 from B2G1 at Best Buy is a bitch and serious YMMV on getting it.[/QUOTE]

I just got my copy of MW2 from BuyNextGen. I read that a decent amount of people have had some issues with the site (slow shipping, not getting item, poor CS), but luckily I didn't have a problem. Shipped Saturday from Orlando, got to me in WA today, and for 43.95 there nothing I can complain about!

[quote name='sthaznpride17']I just got my copy of MW2 from BuyNextGen. I read that a decent amount of people have had some issues with the site (slow shipping, not getting item, poor CS), but luckily I didn't have a problem. Shipped Saturday from Orlando, got to me in WA today, and for 43.95 there nothing I can complain about![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the PC version is 49.99 =/. I'm hoping to get my hands on it as soon as another deal pops up. Bleh.

I took advantage of the BB price matching, I told them at TRU it was 59.99 with a 20 dollar gift card, so they took twenty dollars off my purchase and an extra 10 because of their GC so I got it for 29.99:)

So what's the best deal on COD: MW2 right now? Where can I get it the cheapest? Online/Retail ... anything. I'm up for getting this now. Would like to get the cheapest deal possible ...

Thanks!!

[quote name='LUCI5R']So what's the best deal on COD: MW2 right now? Where can I get it the cheapest? Online/Retail ... anything. I'm up for getting this now. Would like to get the cheapest deal possible ...

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I was gonna hold out for Black Friday but nothing seems to be happening with that so...

is anyone else still waiting to get their $20 credit at amazon? mine shipped the 12th, it's now 6 days after shipment, usually these go out pretty quick, but then they're usually not $20 for MW2. no response through email either.

Hey guys Prestige edition is available for 360 version as of right now at Amazon, when I placed my order there was about 500 left in stock, get it while u can!!!

[quote name='jallen']is anyone else still waiting to get their $20 credit at amazon? mine shipped the 12th, it's now 6 days after shipment, usually these go out pretty quick, but then they're usually not $20 for MW2. no response through email either.[/QUOTE]

try adding a game into your shopping cart. See if the discount shows up right before order confirmation

[quote name='Japakneez']try adding a game into your shopping cart. See if the discount shows up right before order confirmation[/QUOTE]

yeah that's what i've been doing everyday, no discount yet. just seeing if anyone else is waiting on theirs too.

People that are still waiting to get this game here's a new deal

Walmart is offering MW2 + a $10 gift card for 59.82 and combine that with 15% Bing cash back.

:D

bread's done
Back