Every Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Deal!

falcondealz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Seeing how Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (releases 11/10/09) seems to be the most hyped game of the year, if not the decade, I decide to throw all the deals for it together in one big thread. I included all the major retailers and websites, along with a few oddball sites that had some pretty good prices. Good luck getting this game cheaper than this, CAGs!

NOTES:

1. Prices DO NOT include shipping costs unless otherwise noted.

2. These are the prices for only the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, I would certainly assume that the PS3 version has the same prices. The PC version may be different, however, since the PC versions usually contrast from the console prices.

3. These are the prices for only the original version of the game (not the Hardened or Prestige editions). Kinda obvious, but just wanna put that out there for all you knuckleheads.

WALMART

walmart.com: $59.82

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
, get a free $20 eGift* Card!
(*Note: This card may only be used for walmart.com purchases.)

GAMESTOP

$59.99

If you pre-order the game, you gain exclusive access to the Surprize Attack Sweepstakes.

Coupon Deal: Get 20% off an pre-owned game with the purchase of COD:MW2.
(Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241920)

BEST BUY

$59.99

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $10 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards Zone Club members ONLY)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any of the following games:
Call of Duty : World at War, Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Fifa Soccer 10, UFC Undisputed, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4: GOTY Edition, Prototype, Bakugan Battle Brawlers thing (IDK), Star Wars:The Clone Wars, Street Fighter IV, Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead: GOTY Edition, Fable 2...(Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241459)

Get 15% off the Modern Warfare 2 Game Guide with the purchase of the game.

TOYS 'R US

$59.99 (free shipping)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $20 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards 'R Us members ONLY)

In-Store ONLY from 10AM to 2PM ONLY on November 10th ONLY!

There is a bunch of COD:MW2 deals at Toys 'R Us that are quite complicated, so here's a link to the thread with the rest of them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241818

Free Shipping with purchase of the game (AKA any order over $49).

TARGET

$59.99

There is a coupon where you can buy any two 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, or DS games for $10 off. The thread and coupon can be found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241641

K-MART

$59.99

Buy one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $10 K-Mart Gift Card!

FRYS

$49.89

In-Store ONLY!

BLOCKBUSTER

$59.99

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $5 Blockbuster Gift Card!

FYE

$53.99
for members

$59.99 for non-members.

FAMILY VIDEO

$53.99

AMAZON

$59.99 (free Standard shipping)

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $20 Video Game Credit*!
(*Note: This credit comes as a code and may only be used with a future video game purchase.)

PC Price: $58.99

GAMEFLY

Keep Price: $49.99

Rent Price: $8.95

GOHASTINGS

$59.99

Trade in three select games to save at least $59.99 on your copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or any other $59.99 game of your choice.

Applicable Games:
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/section.jsp?departmentName=POD&podName=ModernWarfare2

OTHER GREAT ONLINE DEALS

REMEMBER THAT THESE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING COSTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, SO DON'T FREAK OUT JUST YET!

SuperDuperClub-
$49.99

Buy.com- $52.99 (only $4.99 more for shipping, making the total $57.98)

DeepDiscount- $58.99 (free shipping)

ErwinComp- $58.95 (free shipping)

Pakayas- $53.99

818 Games- $52.00

ComegaCity- $56.03

Central Florida Gaming- $56.50

GameFanAttic- $54.99 (very cheap shipping, the site calculates it for you)

BestSku- $44.99 (The person who requested I put this here bought the game, including shipping, for $51.99)

I'm thinking about just doing the Amazon or Walmart deal. Either one sounds great.

EDIT: I did the Amazon deal, but I asked for Release Date Arrival Shipping, so I had to pay an extra $5.

-falcondealz

Oh, and if you find any more deals on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, PLEASE alert me and I gladly add it to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I went to Toys R Us at 9am to pick up my preorder. The guy told me I would actually have to wait till 10am to buy it as their system wouldn't allow the gift card to be sold before then.

So I went to BB right across the street, and brought in a copy of the Toys R Us weekly ad as well as the printed version from the website. The lady looked at it and said "I don't think we price match gift cards..." I then brought out my printed copy of the BB Price Match Policy, and showed her the part about Gift Cards being matched. She went to speak with a manager, came back and reduced the price of the game to $39.99. Total was $43.something.

Now to wait for my 360 Limited Edition console to come in the mail today. (plan on selling the 360 game as I bought the game and prefer it for PS3. Just wanted the 250GB HDD.)

At 10, my local TRU registers would not allow the $20 GC promo. There were about 6 of us in line. The Manager was cool and gave everybody in line (who was a TRU Reward member) the game for $20 off ($39.99). If you also preordered, it came to $34.99.

Didn't have any problems getting price matched at BB in Colma, CA. Manager said they received an email from corporate office to honor the TRU deal until 2pm.

[quote name='-HAZE-']I wonder if I'll still get the $20 TRU card if I'm returning a game with a gift receipt for MW2.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me. I just got back from TRU and exchanged an unopened game for MW2 and when they rang it up on the screen , it tells them to give the $20 promo GC. Good deal.

Saw a copy of the Hardened edition at the local TRU (last one) and asked the associate if it qualified for the $20 giftcard and he said yes (he was wrong). Anyway, it was 9:30 so I waited 1/2 an hour and then a manager came out when the deal didn't work at 10 am. After several minutes of explaining that the item didn't qualify and showing me on their ad, he finally just knocked $20 off the hardened edition ... lucky me. Not to mention I used credit from one of my games from the B2G1 free sale ... so yeah, good day.

Well... I got BB to PM

I went to the midnight launch yest and had 2 orders (PS3/360)... Got the $10 RZGC gift card with both...

Ended up going back today at 10 and at first it didn't look so good... Then a manager came over I showed him his own policy and he gave me two extra $10 gift cards to match the TRU deal. They wouldn't give me $30 on each for some bizarre reason but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I'm happy with it, now I just have to get the points on my RZ card!

Nice screwup by Amazon. I ordered on 7/16 with prime and I don't know when I'm getting it yet.

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on July 16 2009 (Order# 104-9531529-1158630). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00269QLI8

The shipping notification will include an updated estimated delivery date and tracking information if it's available.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

bestbuyMW2receipt.jpg
bestbuygiftcardMW2.jpg

Went to Best Buy and pricematched the Toys R Us and still used the coupon for the $10 giftcard. so paid $40+ tax for MW2 plus free $10 giftcard. :D

Question about the Prestige Edition for anyone who has it:

Is the Hardened version inside sealed? I'm considering going out and buying a Hardened edition and returning the one in my Prestige once it finally arrives from Amazon.

[quote name='GuardianE']Question about the Prestige Edition for anyone who has it:

Is the Hardened version inside sealed? I'm considering going out and buying a Hardened edition and returning the one in my Prestige once it finally arrives from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

IGN did an unboxing video, and the Hardened Edition inside the box was sealed.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']IGN did an unboxing video, and the Hardened Edition inside the box was sealed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. I thought to look up some unboxing videos, but they were all blocked at work.

[quote name='steve967']Didn't have any problems getting price matched at BB in Colma, CA. Manager said they received an email from corporate office to honor the TRU deal until 2pm.[/QUOTE]

For those that got BB to PM the TRU $20 gift card deal - did BB require you to prove that you're a TRU Rewards"R"US member?

[quote name='gantt']For those that got BB to PM the TRU $20 gift card deal - did BB require you to prove that you're a TRU Rewards"R"US member?[/QUOTE]

Mine did not, all they cared about was the amount of the GC. I brought in a printed page from the TRU website. CS clerk didn't even call TRU to verify deal or stock.

[quote name='Big Wang']so if you missed the preorder, what are some good deals now?[/QUOTE]
TRU - $10 GC with purchase
Fry's (if your close to one) - $49.89
BB/WM/KM - Could get to PM the TRU $10 GC (and possibly any deal they have).

Or wait until B2G1F from GS and hope people have returned used copies. I know a lot of people are returning new ones.

Was able to get BB to price match TRU, so they just took $20 off the hardened edition. Didn't try to get the $10 RZ GC since I exchanged a copy of Ratchet and Clank from the B2G1 free promo. Don't want to be too greedy, especially after getting both UP (w/ sb) & Monsters Inc for only $18 after pm and Disney coupons.

I got my copy at GS (because I had some credit there) and all I got was a "Want to preorder Assassins Creed 2?"

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Had no problem matching the TRU 20 dollar gift card at Best Buy.....[/QUOTE]

Went back in today with a printout of the 10GC Reward zone deal and got another 10 dollar GC making it 30 dollars....

Nice....:)

I called all my local best buys and they cant seem to price match the TRU $20 like you all have been doing!
They're giving me the same rule that they dont match GC's or freebies
Gosh this is aggravating haha

[quote name='Masterchip']I called all my local best buys and they cant seem to price match the TRU $20 like you all have been doing!
Gosh this is aggravating haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah, certain Best Buys are what I like to call "Devil Stores" ... Best Buys like Santana Row in San Jose CA where you literally have to bring a weapon with you and battle the manager before they even consider giving you a deal ... and most of the time you lose ... well versed in customer combat are the "Devil Store" employees.

[quote name='Masterchip']I called all my local best buys and they cant seem to price match the TRU $20 like you all have been doing!
Sorry to hear that. You might want to go in one and ask instead of calling (those people can be A**holes over the phone).

Sometimes when this happens to me, I just wait for the next shift change, go back in, and POP I'm walking out with the deal I wanted.

[quote name='Tech Star']Got the $20 PM from TRU at BB and the $10 RZ credit. :D[/QUOTE]
yea thats what i posted in the pix earlier. i was surprised it went thru so smoothly. the dude had no problem. and i did it 2x. one for me and one for my friend.

I'm looking for a deal on either the product key code.

Or

On the retail game itself for the PC version of Modern Warefare 2

Anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance

I went back tonight and got the $10 RZ GC after price matching TRU earlier at $39.99. I just took the coupon in and said I forgot to get it earlier. She returned the first purchase and then rang me up again $39.99 + $10GC. Nice.

at least hes open to price negotiation, although mine was unsuccessful. I inquired if he would reduce the price 100% and he asked if that was "around treefiddy?"

I got BB to PM TRU and got the 10 dollar GC. Bought another copy used the GC from the first one and only spent 30 bucks and got another GC. Just sold the first copy to a buddy for 40 bucks. MW2 for 20 bucks WOOT!

[quote name='qwerty1']at least hes open to price negotiation, although mine was unsuccessful. I inquired if he would reduce the price 100% and he asked if that was "around treefiddy?"[/QUOTE]

Damn that persistent Loch Ness Monster, he never quits!

[quote name='jazzman']Damn that persistent Loch Ness Monster, he never quits![/QUOTE]

Now I have this image of the Loch Ness Monster wearing these night vision goggles. Be about the right size, too. I'd pay tree fiddy to see that.

Gah. Missed out on the amazon.com pre-order deal for a $20 promotional credit. I guess I'm going to be crossing my fingers for this to be a deal on Black Friday or one of the various other deals in the near future leading to Christmas.

This is why you should print out a copy of their own PM policies. I had a great time telling the cute clerk at my BB that she was wrong when she told me that they don't match gift card promos and then I showed her the evidence of their own fucking PM policy. :applause:

[quote name='fei33']Gah. Missed out on the amazon.com pre-order deal for a $20 promotional credit. I guess I'm going to be crossing my fingers for this to be a deal on Black Friday or one of the various other deals in the near future leading to Christmas.[/QUOTE]

You can go to Best Buy and bring a copy of TRU's ad (they should have one on display, too under a sign that says "We will match all competitor's prices") that says they are giving out $10 gift cards when you purchase MW2 this week. Also bring the printout of the Reward Zone coupon for $10 off your purchase (link here) and you'll get $20 off.

you guys think the PC version will drop like $10 on amazon seeing as how they've been dropping new game prices pretty quickly.. also seeing the 85+ review with 1star lol

I want to try and get best buy to price match the toys r us deal. Does anyone have a copy of the toys r us ad?

Anyone have any tips or suggestions. I live in NY and the best buy managers have been assholes in the past. Haven't tried in like 2 years to price match anything because of that.

i think the TRU $20 GC was yesterday only.

Xbox Prestige available at Walmart.com if anyone is looking. I know some of you have a $100 gift card burning a hole in your wallet.

Amazon seems to be sold out of the presitige for both 360 and PS3. Will these be replentished or are they selling out faster and will be harder to find?

[quote name='cag1000']Amazon seems to be sold out of the presitige for both 360 and PS3. Will these be replentished or are they selling out faster and will be harder to find?[/QUOTE]

I think the consensus now is that these are extremely limited and will be collector's items worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the future.

[quote name='neiname']I think the consensus now is that these are extremely limited and will be collector's items worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the future.[/QUOTE]

I suspect you are being sarcastic but...

I think people realized the goggles weren't utter crap so now people are trying to buy them.

Is this package worth $150? Yep. But not the $250-$300 in the reseller market.

Anyone else still waiting on their Amazon order to ship? I only ordered on Monday, and it's for a Christmas gift, so I'm not exactly in a hurry. Just surprised, seems like they are dragging their heels more than usual. You'd think it wouldn't take more than a day at most to process the order.

bread's done
Back