Every Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Deal!

falcondealz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Seeing how Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (releases 11/10/09) seems to be the most hyped game of the year, if not the decade, I decide to throw all the deals for it together in one big thread. I included all the major retailers and websites, along with a few oddball sites that had some pretty good prices. Good luck getting this game cheaper than this, CAGs!

NOTES:

1. Prices DO NOT include shipping costs unless otherwise noted.

2. These are the prices for only the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, I would certainly assume that the PS3 version has the same prices. The PC version may be different, however, since the PC versions usually contrast from the console prices.

3. These are the prices for only the original version of the game (not the Hardened or Prestige editions). Kinda obvious, but just wanna put that out there for all you knuckleheads.

WALMART

walmart.com: $59.82

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
, get a free $20 eGift* Card!
(*Note: This card may only be used for walmart.com purchases.)

GAMESTOP

$59.99

If you pre-order the game, you gain exclusive access to the Surprize Attack Sweepstakes.

Coupon Deal: Get 20% off an pre-owned game with the purchase of COD:MW2.
(Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241920)

BEST BUY

$59.99

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $10 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards Zone Club members ONLY)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any of the following games:
Call of Duty : World at War, Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Fifa Soccer 10, UFC Undisputed, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4: GOTY Edition, Prototype, Bakugan Battle Brawlers thing (IDK), Star Wars:The Clone Wars, Street Fighter IV, Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead: GOTY Edition, Fable 2...(Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241459)

Get 15% off the Modern Warfare 2 Game Guide with the purchase of the game.

TOYS 'R US

$59.99 (free shipping)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $20 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards 'R Us members ONLY)

In-Store ONLY from 10AM to 2PM ONLY on November 10th ONLY!

There is a bunch of COD:MW2 deals at Toys 'R Us that are quite complicated, so here's a link to the thread with the rest of them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241818

Free Shipping with purchase of the game (AKA any order over $49).

TARGET

$59.99

There is a coupon where you can buy any two 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, or DS games for $10 off. The thread and coupon can be found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241641

K-MART

$59.99

Buy one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $10 K-Mart Gift Card!

FRYS

$49.89

In-Store ONLY!

BLOCKBUSTER

$59.99

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $5 Blockbuster Gift Card!

FYE

$53.99
for members

$59.99 for non-members.

FAMILY VIDEO

$53.99

AMAZON

$59.99 (free Standard shipping)

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $20 Video Game Credit*!
(*Note: This credit comes as a code and may only be used with a future video game purchase.)

PC Price: $58.99

GAMEFLY

Keep Price: $49.99

Rent Price: $8.95

GOHASTINGS

$59.99

Trade in three select games to save at least $59.99 on your copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or any other $59.99 game of your choice.

Applicable Games:
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/section.jsp?departmentName=POD&podName=ModernWarfare2

OTHER GREAT ONLINE DEALS

REMEMBER THAT THESE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING COSTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, SO DON'T FREAK OUT JUST YET!

SuperDuperClub-
$49.99

Buy.com- $52.99 (only $4.99 more for shipping, making the total $57.98)

DeepDiscount- $58.99 (free shipping)

ErwinComp- $58.95 (free shipping)

Pakayas- $53.99

818 Games- $52.00

ComegaCity- $56.03

Central Florida Gaming- $56.50

GameFanAttic- $54.99 (very cheap shipping, the site calculates it for you)

BestSku- $44.99 (The person who requested I put this here bought the game, including shipping, for $51.99)

I'm thinking about just doing the Amazon or Walmart deal. Either one sounds great.

EDIT: I did the Amazon deal, but I asked for Release Date Arrival Shipping, so I had to pay an extra $5.

-falcondealz

Oh, and if you find any more deals on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, PLEASE alert me and I gladly add it to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska Furniture Mart $59.98 with a $20 gift card and save $20 on a 12 month live card (making it $30 for year of live)

[quote name='morpheusx']The OP can also add

FYE $134.99 Prestige, $71.99 Hardened, $53.99 Standard edition $44.99 Wii (Reflex) version $26.99 DS Version
http://www.fye.com/search.htm?facetCalled=2009&path=pro%3aGames~~releaseyear%3a%222009%22&searchBy=ProductName&query=call+of+duty

Family Video for $53.99
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=332519[/QUOTE]

I added both of them. :D

Just the Standard Edition, though.
at blockbuster if you preorder it and pay it completely they give you a 5 gift card

Added that, too.

Question:

Amazons wording is kinda confusing. It says promotional code but then says that the credit will be placed "directly" into your account. So is this for sure a code that you get in your email or will they just place $20 of "promo credit" directly into your account?

(The only reason why I question this is because I have $20 in my gf account as promo credit which I cannot get out of her account because you cannot purchase a giftcard with this credit so I am forced to order from her account when my account as all of my credit in it and I would not have to spend any money out of pokket. So I will order out of her account with the $20 promo credit she has and use my $40 promo code but I dont want another $20 promo credit in her account. Thanks for the help.)

Anyone know when the Amazon.com promo expires and if it can be used on digital game downloads, such as amazon.com/playstationnetwork ? Hopefully it doesn't expire on 12/31.

I'm getting mine for $30 at Best Buy (2nd game from the summer buy 1 get 1 50% off deal) and hoping to get the $10 GC.

Does the gamestop one have to be in the same purchase because I preorded one and want to pick up on midnight and get a pre-owned game at another gamestop.

NVM: Read the coupon again...Guess I cant get the other game.

[quote name='NJMane']Question:

Amazons wording is kinda confusing. It says promotional code but then says that the credit will be placed "directly" into your account. So is this for sure a code that you get in your email or will they just place $20 of "promo credit" directly into your account?

(The only reason why I question this is because I have $20 in my gf account as promo credit which I cannot get out of her account because you cannot purchase a giftcard with this credit so I am forced to order from her account when my account as all of my credit in it and I would not have to spend any money out of pokket. So I will order out of her account with the $20 promo credit she has and use my $40 promo code but I dont want another $20 promo credit in her account. Thanks for the help.)[/QUOTE]

"The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account." So this will likely mean you'll get promo credit (and not a code).

[quote name='flobert81']I purchased with wal-mart.com to get the $20 gc. Got the e-card email preordered some DVDs since they dropped their prices, used egc. Gonna buy the game at Wally world on release day and return the copy in-store that I ordered online.[/QUOTE]

how does that benefit you at all?

I have a quick question. I have not pre-ordered the game, do you think I will have a problem getting it without pre-order during the midnight release?

Is the Walmart $20 gift card going to be available in-store on release day? It seems to only be an online pre-order deal. This isn't mentioned in the OP

[quote name='Big Wang']how does that benefit you at all?[/QUOTE]

so he can play it at midnight rather than wait for the shipped one to come in.. I did something like this with GTAIV lol nerdin it up.

[quote name='prateeko']Does the TRU (10AM-2PM) deal work with the Prestige Edition? I wanted to get that plus Episodes from Liberty City[/QUOTE]

I think they only carry regular edition.

Called BB today and gave all info from the TRU deal (10-2 and tru rewards) and asked if they would PM for the midnight release.... without hesitating asked me to print off the tru info from the site so they wouldnt have to waste my time looking it up on midnight launch.

But in case some of your BB's are jerks bout only PM'ing for those 4 hours .... i noticed that if you go to TRU site and go to the online ad and click on the MW2 deal info.....and print it out (like BB requested for me to do) it wont say 10-2 only hours for TRU deal .... it will say offer vaild till Nov 14th instead.... that might help pricematch at other times after 2pm or maybe even after launch day till the 14th

[quote name='mike95']I'm getting mine for $30 at Best Buy (2nd game from the summer buy 1 get 1 50% off deal) and hoping to get the $10 GC.[/QUOTE]

hope to get it too

Think I'm going to go with the Hastings deal. There's got to be some pawn shops/local game stores which I can use to my advantage.

[quote name='tharimrattler']is it too late for the wal mart pre order deal? do i get the gift card righy away?[/QUOTE]

You can still pre-order and get the eGift Card right away, but you probably won't receive the game until 11/17. :cry:

...I think.

[quote name='Busyman']I'm getting CODMW2 from TRU

CODMW2 +
GTA LCS
Uncharted 2
$160 - $30 GC (Batman AA deal) = $130

$45 GC + $25 GC + $10 GC (from the Big Book for spending over $75) = $80 GC[/QUOTE]
I spent a bit of time figuring this one out ... now that I understand how you got this, you might want to rethink your strategy.

Although there is a $25 GC Offer at the top of the TRU ad AND a TRU "Bonus Offer" on the side of the page for $45 (both with respect to purchasing 3 games ... one being MW2), all of the Gift Card offers have an asterisk next to them.

At the bottom of the ad, "GIFT CARD OFFERS: In-store only. Limit one per guest." So, I believe it is either/or, not both.

So, you would get the $45 GC and possibly the $10 GC from the coupon = $55 GC.

I guess the OP forgot the Best Buy deal where you get Modern Warfare for Free. Remember Buy 2 get 1 Free!!, just make sure you don't open your $59.99 place holder game. So happy they did this so close to MW2 launch.

[quote name='ChaepyJap']I guess the OP forgot the Best Buy deal where you get Modern Warfare for Free. Remember Buy 2 get 1 Free!!, just make sure you don't open your $59.99 place holder game. So happy they did this so close to MW2 launch.[/QUOTE]

Added. :D

Not that special and its only a North east/mid store but Meijer is doing a midnight launch and you get a 2 liter of Mountain Dew and a bag of dorritos... Yeah I know, but maybe someone would rather go there.

I have $73 worth of credit at GS, so that is my no-brainer choice

Might end up utilizing that 20% off used game with purchase coupon a

I live in south Florida. BRANDSMART add for this weekend had it for $48.88. Walmart said they would price match it for sure. I do not know if BRANDSMART is in any other state. But just a heads up for those that live down here. I have the add I can scan it for you guys if needed.

[quote name='bruticus']Called BB today and gave all info from the TRU deal (10-2 and tru rewards) and asked if they would PM for the midnight release.... without hesitating asked me to print off the tru info from the site so they wouldnt have to waste my time looking it up on midnight launch.

But in case some of your BB's are jerks bout only PM'ing for those 4 hours .... i noticed that if you go to TRU site and go to the online ad and click on the MW2 deal info.....and print it out (like BB requested for me to do) it wont say 10-2 only hours for TRU deal .... it will say offer vaild till Nov 14th instead.... that might help pricematch at other times after 2pm or maybe even after launch day till the 14th[/QUOTE]

Anyone happen to know if Walmart will pricematch with this deal? Walmart is way closer than Best Buy for me. If no one knows either way, I might have to give them a call a bit later tonight.

[quote name='bruticus']Called BB today and gave all info from the TRU deal (10-2 and tru rewards) and asked if they would PM for the midnight release.... without hesitating asked me to print off the tru info from the site so they wouldnt have to waste my time looking it up on midnight launch.

But in case some of your BB's are jerks bout only PM'ing for those 4 hours .... i noticed that if you go to TRU site and go to the online ad and click on the MW2 deal info.....and print it out (like BB requested for me to do) it wont say 10-2 only hours for TRU deal .... it will say offer vaild till Nov 14th instead.... that might help pricematch at other times after 2pm or maybe even after launch day till the 14th[/QUOTE]

Can you use the bb rewards zone member coupon too and get the 10 dollar gift card. meaning 30 dollars in savings

its in their policy.

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10011&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

but anyways i just called best buy and they said they would price match and let me use a rewards zone coupon too.

I just picked up MW2 on eBay for 360 - $56.99 Free Shipping

Item# 110455813823

It looks like the seller has a few left.

I bought two copies on Amazon with separate orders
I'm wondering if I will then get $40 video game credit
I had to order them separately since they are being shipped to different addresses :S

[quote name='allure']its in their policy.

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10011&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

but anyways i just called best buy and they said they would price match and let me use a rewards zone coupon too.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with MY Best Buy and was told that because they're opening at Midnight, and Toys R Us is not, they refuse to match any Toys R Us offer. I asked, "So because of the difference of several hours, you will not honor their offer?" And I was told that was correct.

Damn I hate when multiple stores of the same business give their customers different treatment.

I called Walmart as well, and was told flat out that they don't match offers, just prices.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']I just got off the phone with MY Best Buy and was told that because they're opening at Midnight, and Toys R Us is not, they refuse to match any Toys R Us offer. I asked, "So because of the difference of several hours, you will not honor their offer?" And I was told that was correct.

Damn I hate when multiple stores of the same franchise give their customers different treatment.

I called Walmart as well, and was told flat out that they don't match offers, just prices.[/QUOTE]

you dont have to go at midnight? to get the game lol...just go tomorow.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I bought two copies on Amazon with separate orders
I'm wondering if I will then get $40 video game credit
I had to order them separately since they are being shipped to different addresses :S[/QUOTE]

I believe the fine print said it was one per account.

[quote name='fallingdove']I just picked up MW2 on eBay for 360 - $56.99 Free Shipping

Item# 110455813823

It looks like the seller has a few left.[/QUOTE]

?? How is this a good deal? 3$ dollar discount when you could get a 20gc from walmart or amazon...

[quote name='buyout']Which stores will have the prestige edition on launch for non-preorder holders?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop won't, i know that for sure. They will put their preorders up on thursday (after they wait 48 hours)

I'm going tonight to Best Buy to get MW2 for PS3.

I have the Toys R Us physical ad as well as the sheet printed off from online that says $20 GC through 11/14.

I also have a page from Best Buy's website that has their In-Store Price Match Policy Printed off. No reason they should deny me the Price Match, unless they give me the "they aren't opening at Midnight like we are" excuse. I also have a Reward Zone Gamer Club coupon printed out for an extra $10 BB GC.

I'll post how it goes.

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

I called a couple stores around me (Hacienda Heights, CA) and they refused to price match.

Anybody have any luck?

[quote name='jeremiahkd']If I''m picking Mw2 up from gamestop, do i need to bring a parent with me if I'm under 17?[/QUOTE]
yeah.

and does BB still give you the Gift Card if you price match a different price from another store?

bread's done
Back