Evil Dead (2013) New Trailer Out...

Finally, some more hot tree on girl action.

The original Evil Dead was one of those movies where the grittiness and low budget really made it stand out. Especially when you hear how the actors had to literally go through hell filming it. This one...I Don't know. I Think if I think of it as a side story then I'll forgive it alot more because there's no way you can think of it without Bruce Campbell from that franchise as a whole.

The Battle for Most Unnecessary Hollywood Remake may have just come to an end.

[quote name='ced']The Battle for Most Unnecessary Hollywood Remake may have just come to an end.[/QUOTE]
I Think we need to see Robocop before we make a final judgement call on that. Otherwise Total Recall would've been better off with a different name as opposed to peppering it with small tidbits to remind people that it's a Total Recall remake.

[quote name='moon_knight']Maybe the trailer is just making it seem more generic?[/QUOTE]

I'll go with that. Maybe because the trailer itself is incredibly generic.

I think the movie is going to be great. There is no way Sam Raimi or Bruce Campbell will let this be bad. I think it's going to be a twisted movie because the Necronomicon loves messing with its victims.

I would love if Bruce Campbell as Ash comes back and saves the campers from the Deadites because, after Army of Darkness, all he does is try to stop the book from harming anybody else.

[quote name='ced']The Battle for Most Unnecessary Hollywood Remake may have just come to an end.[/QUOTE]

Technically, Evil Dead 2 is a remake of the first one. First ten minutes is the entire first movie pretty much.

looks way better than id have expected.definitely going for a darker tone there kinda like how the first film was but even darker and definitely gorier. id watch it just to see what they do with it. if they do humor it needs to be dark humor.

[quote name='Predator21281']I think the movie is going to be great. There is no way Sam Raimi or Bruce Campbell will let this be bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just look at the Spiderman movies. Sam Raimi is a genius at knowing when to stop making sequels.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah just look at the Spiderman movies. Sam Raimi is a genius at knowing when to stop making sequels.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the problems with Spiderman were because of the studio.

I would much rather have seen them make Evil Dead 4 rather than remake the series. More Ash, less generic people I don't care about.

Looks fairly run-of-the-mill but perhaps it will end up being a solid horror movie. I don't think it will have a lot to do with the originals though, since this obviously appears to be heading towards a scare-not-laugh kind of direction.

[quote name='JStryke']I saw the trailer earlier but thought it looked pretty good. Granted, I've never seen the originals.[/QUOTE]
WHAT?! WHAT? Get off the internet and watch those movies NOW.

[quote name='moon_knight']Oh no one bad sequel.[/QUOTE]

One bad sequel that Hollywood didn't let him have creative control over. The movie Raimi wanted and the one we got were much different.

[quote name='Predator21281']One bad sequel that Hollywood didn't let him have creative control over. The movie Raimi wanted and the one we got were much different.[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='Predator21281']One bad sequel that Hollywood didn't let him have creative control over. The movie Raimi wanted and the one we got were much different.[/QUOTE]

So someone had a gun to Raimi's head?

Listen the guy said (and I quote) "no way Sam Raimi or Bruce Campbell will let this be bad"

Sam Raimi is director of Spiderman 3 and exec producer for many great scifi/fantasy series such as "Legend of the Seeker" and "Cleopatra 2525".

Suffice to say, he's a mostly great writer/director who's not above going a little Roger Corman to make a buck.

I was one of the few that liked "Drag Me to Hell" but this just seems like a cheap cash grab to me. IMHO if they aren't bringing anything fresh to the series they should just leave it alone.

Ehhh I definitely liked the style of the originals better, I've always enjoyed this series more in line with the campy humor then the horror, but to each his own.

I saw the actual movie last night, and I can assure you that it's every bit as bloody and gory as you'd expect a 2013 version of Evil Dead to be. Enough homages to the original to please old fans, but plenty of new tricks for the first-timers.

fuck this movie. Evil Dead is one of my "you don't fuck with this" movies/series. This movie can suck a big bag of dicks, no matter what Bruce or Sam say about it. Give me Evil Dead 4 instead.

bread's done
Back