EVO 2009: Fighting Game Championships - July 17 - 19, Las Vegas, NV (At the Rio!)

[quote name='MarkMan']Don't need to be 21!

I went to Tekken 4 Nationals when I was 19/20 and that was in Vegas... GOOD TIMES![/QUOTE]

Probably need to be older than 16 though. :cry:

[quote name='JEKKI']hey MorkMun how did u get that rate?!?!

on the Rio website, I put jul 17-19 for 4 ppl and it gave me $310 for a deluxe studio.

more money for less days :cry:[/quote]

Change it to 1 person.

1 person man u r a crazy foo dog I wonder if they allow that??

[quote name='DarthPuma']Probably need to be older than 16 though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

watchu talkin about Willis?!?!

the last time I went to vegas I was like 12...

Circus Circus FTW!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What are the chances that they actually check up on this?[/quote]

I won't say never... cuz there is always a chance.

Just be good kids and don't cause trouble.

I always do this and I've been getting rooms in and out of Vegas since I was 19. (I'm 26 now)... I go to Vegas maybe 5 times a year.

[quote name='heavyd853']and EAT! We must EAAAT son![/QUOTE]

Let's hit one of 'dem ballin' buffets... you only live once!

This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Eater!

If I'm there I'm down to chill with everyone. I'll probably have a room to myself or with one other person. I'll also have a DS or two and a PSP or two if anyone wants to get some portable gaming in.

I thought this might be useful for the thread.
7631826ltc8.jpg

Any of you thinking about staying in Wynn Encore? It's the newest hotel and is supposed to be awesome, so that'll probably be my first choice.

IN n Out FTW!! Double Double with Cheese....ANIMAL STYLE!:applause:

I hope to see everyone up here. I live here so I will positively be there!!...unless my job somehow screws me over.:drool:

my most fond memories of old time las vegas visits...

is drinking these!!

orbitz-orbitz-drink-656876_480_480.jpg

they better still have them, otherwise I'ma be pissed!!!

I'm totally still going. What day should I plan on arriving? I don't wanna arrive too early, and have *nothing to do until it opens.

* = Evo-related

I think the plan for me is to go thursday -monday morning, not sure yet though since about 90% of it is up in the air financially.

For now, it looks like I can get a nice price on tickets to Vegas ($200-ish roundtrip), I just need a date of when I should arrive there, especially if people are sharing hotel rooms.

Was that ever finalized, by the way?

[quote name='MarkMan']For San Diego to FL it's $140 RT. Let me look it up for you...

$300 RT @ Southwest.

$360 RT @ American Airlines.[/quote]

hmmm awesome thx MM :)

yeah it looks like I'll try and order my tickets a week from friday. I'll be getting paid that day and it'll be a bigger check than normal ever since I had a talk with my boss.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']For now, it looks like I can get a nice price on tickets to Vegas ($200-ish roundtrip), I just need a date of when I should arrive there, especially if people are sharing hotel rooms.

Was that ever finalized, by the way?[/quote]

I don't think so. But it would be cool to room with cags

I'll probably let you guys know in late April/Early May if I am going to EVO.

Want to see how much money I'll have after my trip to L.A in April and the possibility of a court date to negate my speeding ticket.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']So do you have to pay/buy a ticket to go to EVO?[/quote]
If you wanna play in one of the tournaments, yes. If you just want to go and spectate, then it's free.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']If you wanna play in one of the tournaments, yes. If you just want to go and spectate, then it's free.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I just want to spectate. I already live in Vegas, but damn those summer days don't sound so good. Hopefully no 120 degree weather.

Still won't know if I will be able to go to EVO. Speeding ticket ended up being $335. Going to court for it next Friday. Hopefully the officer won't show :)

sup bitches.

here's the deal. I jus reserved a hotel for the 17th and 18th. 2 nites.

3 extra spaces is open. If u want in, let me kno.

Since it's only 2 nites, I'm asking $45 per person (rate is I think $84 + 10% tax per nite)

also if u plan on going, make sure to register for the tournament now since it's only $10 a game, it's gonna go up come the end of May.

if I cant fill up the room, I dont go to Evo basically, so I'm gonna let sum ppl off the board know about the availability as well.

I'll give all u guys priority, but dont waste time otherwise the space may be gone

yeay, get there early friday and jus fukk around, when I have an hour free check-in and get it over with.

pack your shyt up into your car sunday morning, and get ready to drive or fly or whatever home later that day

efficiency imo.

unless u think there's a better way it should be done, let me kno and I'll try to extend the stay...

I really dont care either way. more days off from work is always a good thing

Hmm, lemme check my flight plans now. Sunday is earlier than I expected, since I was hoping on watching the finals, but I'll see what I can do.

Yeah a bunch of people from here are doin thursday - sunday.

I would be down for the Jekki plan of fr - sun though!

Now to figure out tickets.

bread's done
Back