Excitebots: Trick Racing - Now racing weekly! Sign up!

I've got Skype on my iPhone which should work pretty well, though I'm not 100% sure if it offers a speakerphone mode. I'll check. Will add everybody tonight.

You should check your local gamestop anyway. I found a copy still labeled at the sale price. In the system the price was higher but they overrode it.

[quote name='crunchewy']You should check your local gamestop anyway. I found a copy still labeled at the sale price. In the system the price was higher but they overrode it.[/QUOTE]

i checked them all and they were at regular price.

I really like this game. The controls seem much sharper to me than they did for ExciteTruck and for Mario Kart.

The crazy variety of things that comes up during the course of a race causes plenty of WTF moments that just makes the time fly by. Soccer balls? Pie throwing? Darts? Tambourines? Ridiculously fun.

Got my Wii back, so I've had a little while to play this game.

I've beaten the first cup so far, and I love it! It's so fun, fast, and addicting. I kinda suck at it (crashing too much), but I haven't played either game before, so I probably need to get used to it.

Here's my friend code, I'll add it to the spreadsheet and add everyone there.

0345-7889-8215

Edit: Added everybody on the spreadsheet. Add me and we can meet up sometime. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i missed the gamestop sales for this game. god damn it! anyone want to sell their copy.[/QUOTE]

I ended up grabbing a few extras because I thought I might use them to trade to Amazon but I decided not to. They were pretty easy to find and I got the extras on the very last night of the sale just before closing - I figured they would go to waste going back up to $40 the next day so I should find some use for them ;).

So, yeah, I'll sell you one and I have a couple more if anyone else is interested. I figure $25 via PayPal should cover the cost + shipping + fees. I have 3 flavors: 1 sealed, 1 gutted but in a sealed "baggie" that GS put on it (remarkably no stickers on the case though!), and one that is open but has the game disc within a paper sleeve inside (which itself is sealed with a sticker). The last one does not have the Club Nintendo code. I'm pretty sure the baggie-sealed one does, though, as I checked for it before they sealed it. Of course the factory-sealed one should have it. First PM gets first choice. I will want to return the opened one first (which I should still be able to do since the disc is "sealed" with the sticker inside the case) so I'll probably only hold on to these for a few days (in fact, I may return that last one tomorrow just to get some credit back to spend on something else).

As for the game itself, of course I got a copy for myself to keep but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I hope to fire it up soon.

I'm having a lot tougher time getting S ratings in this than in Excite Truck. I've started using the Hummingbird over the Bat which seems to have helped a bit, but I've only managed A ratings on the last cup(S on everything else).

Any tips or advice?

Also are the Crab & Caterpillar worth spending points on or should I just go for paint jobs on the bugs I do like?

I'll update my Friends List with the newcomers to this game in the next day or so. Was there a consensus on a night for CAG game night?

Can anyone tell me how to set up a 2 player game in my house. I have my son and his friend here. I can't figure it out. I have 2 wiimotes and 2 wheels.

Does it have to get unlocked after playing single player for awhile?

I don't think we've decided on a night yet, but only a few people have said when they're free. Sounds like Sunday, Tuesday and Friday are best. I'd still like Saturday but Jmclark is playing Mario Kart.

And mickeyp, I think you need to finish the School Cup in single player to unlock multiplayer. It should be pretty quick, and your son and friend will learn most of the mechanics/minigames in the process.

Edit: Anyone know how to add a poll?

I don't know how to add a poll, but I'm up for a CAG night. Best nights for me would be Friday or Saturday night, with neither always being available to me. I shouldn't stay up late on work nights, which isn't to say that I never do, nor even that I usually don't stay up late. :) I.e. just pick a night and lets go with it!

[quote name='metaly']I don't think we've decided on a night yet, but only a few people have said when they're free. Sounds like Sunday, Tuesday and Friday are best. I'd still like Saturday but Jmclark is playing Mario Kart.

And mickeyp, I think you need to finish the School Cup in single player to unlock multiplayer. It should be pretty quick, and your son and friend will learn most of the mechanics/minigames in the process.

Edit: Anyone know how to add a poll?[/QUOTE]

Saturdays aren't that bad. The forum I'm on only has about 4-5 people with the game, so I'm assuming it will only go about an hour or so. (tonight's my first night) It would probably end up being an hour at most.

So, Saturdays at 9 EST or so would work.

I was at Fry's and noticed they have this for $20. Worth checking it out if there's one in your area.

Also I've been ridiculously busy and haven't been able to think about getting game night going, but I'd be up for one in a couple weeks!

[quote name='metaly']I was at Fry's and noticed they have this for $20. Worth checking it out if there's one in your area.

Also I've been ridiculously busy and haven't been able to think about getting game night going, but I'd be up for one in a couple weeks![/QUOTE]

Was thinking about picking this up at Toys R Us' buy one get one 50% off this week, but this works better for me... thanks for the info.

Still haven't even touched my copy when I grabbed this and Wario Land on sale at GS. Hopefully, I will change that soon.

Yeah, I haven't played this since I got it. I've gotten almost all A's on Excite, so even unlocking Super Excite could take me forever.

If anyone wants to play online sometime, I'd love to. I haven't been able to play online, since at least when I got it, nobody else was playing. I'll watch this thread more to see if anyone is up for playing later.

[quote name='metaly']This is down to $15 at Best Buy. It's not available online but there seems to be plenty of copies in stores.

Any current/future owners up for a CAG race sometime?[/QUOTE]

I picked this up a bit ago when amazon had it for 20 w/ wheel and have yet to take it online at all, so I would be up for it. FC in sig, ill add it to that spreadsheet and add the people from there in game.

[quote name='metaly']This is down to $15 at Best Buy. It's not available online but there seems to be plenty of copies in stores.

Any current/future owners up for a CAG race sometime?[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for you to say those words.

If you haven't played Excitebots online, you are missing out on half the fun, not to mention most of the unlockables since that is the best way to earn game currency. Unfortunately by that I mean with random opponents, because when playing with friends you lose the betting component, which is a big part of what makes the online play so fun.

I have the game. I would be up for some online racing sometime when Im not busy with work. Will get my friend code and add it to my sig soon.

How's this Saturday at 9 PM Eastern/6 Pacific sound for everyone? Post your friend code if you're interested. Otherwise let me know when else would work, but let's try for Saturday.

Mine is 4296 9468 2317.

The friend code for the Wii itself is, but then individual games have their own 12-digit codes... because you can never have too many friend codes.

Just picked up ExciteBots from Best Buy for 14.99 (Great Buy BTW). This game is so much fun to play there are so many different aspects of each race its difficult to keep track off.

Haven't taken it online yet...

Hmm... when I look at bestbuy.com, the price for Excitebots is $49.99, not $15. I take it this is for the game-only? Does Best Buy even carry that version?

EDIT: NPC: Pikmin does seem to be 14.99, $4.99 AC, so it certainly would work for that. I'm guessing that Excitebots game-only might be hard to find? I think I'll go pick up a copy of Pikmin with the coupon as I don't have that game. If I find Excitebots game-only I'll recommend to my nephews (I already have it.)

I will definately be picking up NPC: Pikmin if that is the case. Already bought Excitebots on BF. Maybe another copy to give to my brother.

A few of us are racing tomorrow (Wednesday) around 10 Eastern/7 Pacific. Post your friend codes if you want to join in! We'll probably be using PSN chat to talk during the game, so feel free to add me on there as well.

Made my first super sandwich last night. I was really proud.

I'm pretty bad at that and also the leg running parts. It's not uncommon for me to run completely off the course and have to reset.

By the way, according to this list it looks like this game is now discontinued, along with the incredible Excite Truck. Those are two reasons for digital distribution if I ever heard any.

My sympathies go out to the developers. Disappointing probably doesn't even begin to describe it when your game doesn't even last a year.

When a game doesn't sell, retailers don't want it crowding their shelves.
Nintendo should have done something to advertise it. Morons. Nintendo that is. Not you guys.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']When a game doesn't sell, retailers don't want it crowding their shelves.
Nintendo should have done something to advertise it. Morons. Nintendo that is. Not you guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is a shame too. It's a good game, and looks like it would have casual appeal, so advertising could have moved a bunch of copies.

bread's done
Back