Excited for the awesome new releases this fall? What are you playing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up Shadowrun. I may buy The Darkness on PS3 now to not only add to my PS3 collection, but also so it doesn't get in the way of Shadowrun.

[quote name='Chacrana']Played through the first 2 stages of Gitaroo Mayng on Master Mode and yeah... pretty damn tough. I did finish those two, but I haven't tried the third stage yet...[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about trying. I'm still in Gitaroo Man mode and don't feel like playing anything else :p

I still wish more games like it would come out, instead we get an FPS every week or more sports game than anyone would ever need.

Seems I've only played Um Jammer Lammy, Parappa, and the best one IMO Space Channel 5. Are there any others?

still playing DDS1. I'll probably try and get through all of it this week. I'm about 10 hours in and just fought
Jinana's demon, after infiltrating the yellow dude's base.
How much more do I have to go?

also decided to check out the 99 Nights demo on XBL. I didn't like it too much before, but I had fun with it today-- mainly because of the graphics on my new TV :)

funny how all the troops have the same voice as the main guy you play as in the demo. the voice acting in general is so bad it's good. "La-Landslide!"

Not even halfway through, Apossum.

Even less if you try and take on all the optional bosses, which are very cool, and make a tough game even tougher. Gotta love the giant Jack Frost ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Not even halfway through, Apossum.

Even less if you try and take on all the optional bosses, which are very cool, and make a tough game even tougher. Gotta love the giant Jack Frost ;)[/QUOTE]

cool. I've been levelling and getting lots of skills, so I'll have to go for those secret bosses.

[quote name='Apossum']cool. I've been levelling and getting lots of skills, so I'll have to go for those secret bosses.[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it. Especially
fighting Hitoshura from Nocturne, hardest boss EVER

There is a spot in the Manipura waterways at the very end of the game that will let you level up super quickly.

the only thing in between me and DDS is 28 pages of Tocqueville that I have to "deep" read (i.e. it's going to take an hour or more.) fuck. probably even longer than an hour because I constantly check auctions within their last hour or so! no. i've never heard of the concept of discipline.

[quote name='Apossum']the only thing in between me and DDS is 28 pages of Tocqueville that I have to "deep" read (i.e. it's going to take an hour or more.) fuck. probably even longer than an hour because I constantly check auctions within their last hour or so! no. i've never heard of the concept of discipline.[/QUOTE]

I do it too.

After tonight, I'm officially done with Ebay for good after more than a year of hitting it up seriously.

I'm pretty stoked, it was way more hassle than it's worth at the end.

Bought Lego Star Wars II and another PS3 controller so I could play it with my little sister.

I was about to buy the official PS3 Sixaxis but saw the Logitech for $40 less so I went for it since the PS2 Logitech was pretty great.

I think I'm going to end up taking it back and getting a Sixaxis. It takes batteries which is more trouble than just charging, I can't turn on the PS3 with it (what can I say, I'm lazy :lol: ), and you have to put a usb adapter into the PS3 for it to get a signal.

Also I can't figure out how to turn it off :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']I do it too.

After tonight, I'm officially done with Ebay for good after more than a year of hitting it up seriously.

I'm pretty stoked, it was way more hassle than it's worth at the end.[/QUOTE]

nice. so the countdown started at around 1000 games, iirc. what's it at now? :)

I'm strategizing on how to get rid of the rest of my "teh rare" collection, i.e. stuff I've saved for ebay, to clear up clutter and pay off the rest of my LCD.

it'll be a great day when I don't have a mass of crap I don't play to deal with. ebay takes up way too much time on sunday nights and keeping up on prices, while kinda fun, also takes up a lot of time.

Currently playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night on my psp.It takes up most of my free time.Also,I just preordered Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles for the psp from amazon.

Right now I'm tearing through Oblivion. I just managed to snag a 360 with Oblivion off of Ebay for a nice $200 and the game has pretty much been monopolizing my time. I even tried to distract myself from it with a free rental of Rainbow Six Vegas yet ended up going right back to Oblivion after only playing a few levels of it. I'm thinking about either picking up The Darkness when it comes out or Dead Rising, but I probably won't get the drive to play through either of them before I manage to somehow get myself sick of Oblivion, and I still haven't even gotten the expansions for it.

Man, it's going to be a busy summer.

[quote name='JugheadsHat']Right now I'm tearing through Oblivion. I just managed to snag a 360 with Oblivion off of Ebay for a nice $200 and the game has pretty much been monopolizing my time. I even tried to distract myself from it with a free rental of Rainbow Six Vegas yet ended up going right back to Oblivion after only playing a few levels of it. I'm thinking about either picking up The Darkness when it comes out or Dead Rising, but I probably won't get the drive to play through either of them before I manage to somehow get myself sick of Oblivion, and I still haven't even gotten the expansions for it.

Man, it's going to be a busy summer.[/QUOTE]
Nice.

If I could get a 360 for that much I probably would. Think getting it was luck or is that how much they seem to be going for?

I have way to many games.

Yesterday my brother got me Prey for 20 for my 3 week later B-Day gift, I really dig that game.

I also started over in Oblivion and been playing DOA 4 and lots of other games.

Playing a bunch of games right now cuz I'm staying home watching my sick daughter...

Battle Stadium D.O.N. (PS2 JPN)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3)
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
Persona 3 (PS2)
Ryu Ga Gotoku (PS2 JPN)

[quote name='MarkMan']Playing a bunch of games right now cuz I'm staying home watching my sick daughter...

Ryu Ga Gotoku (PS2 JPN)[/QUOTE]
I wish the 2nd one would be released in the US :cry:

If it doesn't come out... well, my guess is that Sega was too pissed at the lack of sales even after they spent all that cash to get big name actors to voice characters.

Shoulda just used the Japanese...

I just finished The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay after months of playing on and off.

I really enjoyed it and I think it's definitely one of my favorite Xbox games.

[quote name='Chacrana']If it doesn't come out... well, my guess is that Sega was too pissed at the lack of sales even after they spent all that cash to get big name actors to voice characters.

Shoulda just used the Japanese...[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go with they wasted their money on the big name voice actors. I actually muted the TV when Eliza Dushku came on. Her voice was very very annoying. Others weren't too bad.

[quote name='msdmoney']Just finished Lost Planet on the 360 and just started Company of Heroes for the PC.[/QUOTE]

How did you finish lost planet? I can't stand that game. I think I made to mission 3 and just got bored with it.

I played some Trauma Center on DS last night, got bored quick since I had played the Wii version first.

Yes, I'm late to the DS version.
I hope Hotel Dusk is as good as claimed to be.

[quote name='dallow']I played some Trauma Center on DS last night, got bored quick since I had played the Wii version first.

Yes, I'm late to the DS version.
I hope Hotel Dusk is as good as claimed to be.[/QUOTE]

i couldn't stand hotel dusk, but it looks cool.

[quote name='Apossum']i couldn't stand hotel dusk, but it looks cool.[/QUOTE]

I also can't stand Hotel Dusk but agree that it looks cool. I recently picked back up Puzzle Quest (DS) and I'm fallen in love again.

Don't really have a "go to" console game right now. Picked up Chromehounds for 14 and I dig it but it moves soooooooooo sloooooooooooooow. My bro picked up Tomb Raider Legend so I might borrow that from him and finally get around to beating it.

Wow, I just picked up Mega Man X Maverick Hunter on a whim today at EB ($14 after EDGE and my credit). That's amazing. It's been awhile since I played X, and I'm loving this. Despite being insanely busy (like moreso than I've ever been in my life) this week, I'm still almost done with all the original robot masters ;)

Daroga I picked up Maverick Hunter X too today.. odd coincidence. And it is awesome. I was hoping for a better remix of Armored Armadillo's theme, though. It's a bit too laid back. I always liked the hectic pacing of that track, along with the mine cart rides in the level.

I'll be dropping a few more games off at FYE tomorrow to take advantage of the 45%. This will bring my 360 collection down to only 8 games

- Gears
- Oblivion
- Crackdown
- Guitar Hero
- Dead Rising
- Marvel: UA
- Rainbow Vegas
- Shadowrun

Hmmm, I gotta say, I like having a smaller collection way more then a huge one.

I also prefer having a small amount of games I know I will play rather then 20 games when I know I'm going to play 4-5 at the most.

I also have about 10 360 games.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I also prefer having a small amount of games I know I will play rather then 20 games when I know I'm going to play 4-5 at the most.

I also have about 10 360 games.[/QUOTE]

If my count is right I have 28 360 games. Plus I have 21 xbox live arcade games.

My 360 collection is as big as my PS2 and gamecube collection combined. :hot:

Small Collections are by far the best. Excluding bacvklog games that are TBD and couting the ones that are staying in my collection forever are 6 GC, 3 Wii, 4 Xbox, 1 360, 3 PSP, 11 DS, and some GB/C/A games that I don't want to count.

Just started Minish Cap last night, beat the first dungeon. Very impressed so far. Though I am once again reminded that Zelda games are desperately in need of a run button. Any estimates on length of that one?

[quote name='seanr1221']The Darkness is great. Oh, and Roufie, you better be proud I now only own 8 360 games. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Awesome.

I think I'm right at 200 games, myself. Most of it is PC games (I think I've got 65 or 70 of them, but that's like 10 - 15 years worth of gaming, so of course it's a bit higher) and PS2 (I think a little more than 40, but it's from two seperate regions).

Every other system is around 15 or so games. Just 5 for the Wii, but I don't need any other games since I have the absolute best on the system. I miss my 360 but every time I consider getting another one I hear yet another story of it breaking on someone.

This is weird. I've gotten allt he heart containers in MMX:MH, but it still says I'm 7/8. I've even checked each spot again, and I've gotten them all....

Well, I got a lot done today, so I spent some time this evening and beat MM: MH X for the PSP. Good little nostalgia trip. The conversion was very good, I thought. The bonus stuff worth digging into even though I have other games screaming for attention?

I own two 360 games, EDF and Oblivion.

I own too many PSP games. I can't get the hadouken because I'm weaksauce at finishing armadillo stage without being hit.

Kind of random, but I finally started up Outpost Kaloki X. I bought it on the marketplace nearly a year ago and never really played it. Very light, enjoyable strategy game. Looking at The Darkness next.

Well, assuming it isn't roasting tomorrow and I get up before 2 pm(day off tomorrow), I should start the copy of God Of War II my one friend is letting me borrow.

In other news though, did anyone else get the PS2 demo for Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror today? I came home to find it waiting for me and kind of cheered, since reviews said it was a return to the SF gameplay of parts 1,2 and 3, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I just have one question: How many PSP games ARE they going to port to PS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back