[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's on a vehicle for delivery, I'll take it back to futureshop with my midnight launch receipt (I love my steelbooks!). I'm surprised it shipped so quickly, that's gamestop.ca levels of speed!

Gears of War 3:
I ordered during the e3 sale.
I received the regular edition this morning
In a separate package, I received the Band-aid thing with a DLC code for some multiplayer skin(mechanic Baird)

[quote name='TOLeafs']As mentioned in my last post, I got the bonuses sent by Canada Post. Also, Purolator just sent me my copy of the game[/QUOTE]

just curious were your items listed on your Gears 3 order and did you have seperate shipping orders/tracking numbers

[quote name='SenatorZelda']just curious were your items listed on your Gears 3 order and did you have seperate shipping orders/tracking numbers[/QUOTE]

On the futureshop.ca order, it did not say anything about the bonuses. I didn't think they were going to ship the bonuses. They both were shipped separately with the bonuses sent by canada post and the game by purolator

Looks like I just missed the Purolator delivery this morning :(. I happened to see the delivery truck pass me when I had finished walking up the street to the skytrain (no way I'd make it back down the street in time to meet it). I'm hoping I'll be able to pick it up tonight after work.

scaled.php

Got them in the mail. But I'm still waiting on the Purolator truck.
Edit: Just got it. The LE edition case is very nice, DVD case very nice. Machined COG medal impressive. Well worth the $20 extra.

Wait... why is my package two provinces over in Edmonton? Status is now "Corrective Action - Currently In Transit" I have never had this update before... did they screw up?

When did Future Shop start using Purolator for standard ground shipping? My PO BOX ADDRESS cannot accept Purolator deliveries. fuck

I didn't get a tracking number, so hopefully that means they've got some kind of detection in their system for PO boxes.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Just ran into some trouble with this deal. Ever since I put in the pre-orders at E3 they had SSX classified as out of stock instead of a pre-order. So every few weeks they email me how they're trying to get it in stock. Today they cancelled it from my order, no more $39.99 SSX due to their screw up. As an apology they included a coupon code for 5% off. It was part of a 3 game order and it looks like they kept the other two at $39.99, at least that's something.[/QUOTE]
So I ended up with a resolution to my problem that demonstrates the FS email customer service people don't know WTF they're doing. Recap of their correspondence with me:

This is to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your order request for SSX Deadly Descents (PlayStation 3), as this product is currently not available to us. May we take this opportunity to offer you the following 5% E-Certificate code.

It was a pre-order and they were still selling new pre-orders so I wrote back to ask them what the hell?

the manufacturer of the product could not provide a definite release date at this time, and as such the item has been cancelled on all orders.

I wrote again telling them that made no sense and why were they still selling pre-orders if there was a problem?

Your order was cancelled as per direction from head office as the manufacturer is unable to confirm a definite release date at this time. The E-Certificate code that was sent to you is the only thing we are able to offer you for this situation.

I finally decided to give it one last shot and call them on the phone. The guy listened to my problem, put me on hold for 2 minutes to do some research, and then said no problem, make a new order and call back in an hour, we will adjust the price down to $39.99. And they did! So don't rely on Futureshop email support!

So purolator obviously could not deliver my Gears 3 today since I'm at work and not at home. Now my tracking info says "Scheduled Delivery Appointment Required". Sounds like I'm going to have to call them and find out what's going on. They usually just send my deliveries to the closest depot to pick them up, so I don't know why it appears they aren't doing that this time.

Gave them a call, and have now rerouted my package to the closest Purolator depot. The woman on the phone said it should be there this afternoon for me to pickup, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to get my hands on it today.

Edit: Well I got the curb stomp kit with Mechanic Baird via Canada Post when I got home today. When I called my local Purolator location to see if they had my package, I was told that the person I spoke to at customer service should never have told me it would be sent to a specific location for me to pick up. I was told I need to wait until tomorrow to see where it will end up. I'm on hold with Purolator again, to see if they can tell me where it's going to be tomorrow. Way to go Purolator.

Got my copy of Gears today! Didn't expect release day delivery either. And what's all this news of DLC/curb stomp kit? We get the preorder bonuses anyways even if we ordered through the E3 sale? Awesome.

I got my game release day as well. Too busy to post yesterday. Pretty pleased with the delivery, I just need to change my shipping address to my office to make intercepting the last 2 games on my E3 order easier.

I didn't get any of the bonus DLC/Stomp Kit a lot of you are talking about, not too sure if I should be expecting it! Frankly it doesn't matter, I only ordered the regular edition as I just wanted the game.

All the best to anyone still waiting on theirs to deliver!

[quote name='Afrodiziak']FS sent me a $10 coupon for delivering my NHL 12 late. I'm happy because I never cared that I got it a few days late.[/QUOTE]

I got one too.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']FS sent me a $10 coupon for delivering my NHL 12 late. I'm happy because I never cared that I got it a few days late.[/QUOTE]

I never got a coupon for DX:HR coming late. :/

Got my Gears 3 pre-order bandaids and code today. I never actually expected to get it but FS really came through. Really glad I took advantage of this deal. Same date delivery and pre-order goodies for $40 can't really be beat.

Also: I forgot that I actually made this thread so I've updated the title to say the deal was expired. lol

FS should now be referred to as FFS.

I got my NHL 12 steelbook case in the mail today. It's an X360 case. I ordered and received the PS3 version of the game. I wonder if they even have PS3 versions of this case, or if they're just giving the X360 one to everyone.... time to email customer support and find out.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']FS should now be referred to as FFS.

I got my NHL 12 steelbook case in the mail today. It's an X360 case. I ordered and received the PS3 version of the game. I wonder if they even have PS3 versions of this case, or if they're just giving the X360 one to everyone.... time to email customer support and find out.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I remember reading in a FS blog post that all NHL 12 cases were DVD size.

EDIT: From a godwin post on the FS forums:

"It will be a G1 size only (Xbox 360 size). The inside artwork will have a NHL logo along with the NHLPA logo!"

Link: http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/S...HL-12-Steelbook-is-this-happening/td-p/307456

[quote name='Derfel']I'm pretty sure I remember reading in a FS blog post that all NHL 12 cases were DVD size.

EDIT: From a godwin post on the FS forums:

"It will be a G1 size only (Xbox 360 size). The inside artwork will have a NHL logo along with the NHLPA logo!"

Link: http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/S...HL-12-Steelbook-is-this-happening/td-p/307456[/QUOTE]

Groovy, thanks! As long as I know it's not a mistake, I'm cool with it.

Gears of War 3 arrived from Best Buy via Purolator on Tuesday and then the bonus toque + Baird DLC code came via Canada Post on Friday.

You'll get the pre-order stuff, they don't restrict who gets that. At least not for codes that come inside the box or via email, I don't know what went on with this Gears thing or physical items.

Got Rage for 360 in the mail today. It was automatically upgraded to the Anarchy Edition.

Installed and played the first mission or so. The guns feel really nice (id always excels at this), and the rock-solid 60fps is refreshing, to say the least.

Just wondering if anyone else ordered NBA 2k12 and is still waiting shipment. Seems to be in stock but, no movement in my order for some reason.

The box for my copy of Rage (360) got damaged. A plastic clip on the spine of the box that holds the first 2 disc broke off. I am thinking of in store exchange.

Did anyone ever receieve the NHL 12 steelbook that was supposedly being sent out to everyone who pre-ordered? I'm still waiting..

[quote name='CACG']Did anyone ever receieve the NHL 12 steelbook that was supposedly being sent out to everyone who pre-ordered? I'm still waiting..[/QUOTE]

You'll wait for a long time as they won't send it out and didn't send it to anyone from the E3 sale. Apparently their new policy is that if you pre-order something and a bonus becomes available you have to cancel your order and re-order again to get the bonus or at least that is what some people are saying on here. Kinda sucks as they get dlc codes and just don't send them out. At least EB actually gives you a bonus regardless of when you ordered.

Looks like people who ordered Arkham City off the E3 deal won't get the steelbook either.

If you click on the steelbook details you'll see this msg:

*Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion and cannot be applied to previous orders.

Futureshop kinda scammed everyone on this. We did get a lot of games for only $40 each though, I wouldn't pay an extra $10-20 for any of these bonuses they aren't giving out.

On Twitter from FS_Gamer:

Steelbooks cant be combined with previous pre-orders during E3. The E3 offer was a limited time deal, will not include a Steelbook

[quote name='afterburn999']I would also take the discount over the bonuses but its such a dick move by futureshop considering we preordered months in advance.[/QUOTE]
Yup, agreed.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yup, agreed.[/QUOTE]

Cubed... It's odd since it's a free incentive to pre-order but, it's like they are saying since we already got your pre-order and you got a deal EFF YOU guys. This is only for customers who pay closer to full price lol. I like the savings but, haven't enjoyed the aggravation so far. I can't believe I'm saying this but, I think from now on I am going to stick with EB.

[quote name='Rastafari']Cubed... It's odd since it's a free incentive to pre-order but, it's like they are saying since we already got your pre-order and you got a deal EFF YOU guys. This is only for customers who pay closer to full price lol. I like the savings but, haven't enjoyed the aggravation so far. I can't believe I'm saying this but, I think from now on I am going to stick with EB.[/QUOTE]

To the power of infinity.. Don't know if it's just me but FS has been really disappointing lately. I have about 8 pre-orders with them and I'm tempted to order more stuff online and return everything just to waste their shipping. If they want to be dicks, I can be a dick too.

When you think about it, a pre-order bonus (steelbook, discount, etc.) is not a generous gift, but a way to entice someone to buy the game. People who pre-ordered during E3 don't need to be enticed, because they've already decided to buy the game. It is "kind of a dick move" but it's also capitalism at work in a very basic form.

pmp1986, you'll probably get it a few days after the release date, but it depends on where you live.

I was hoping they'd ship it from the nearest store to me instead of their warehouse, but that probably wont be the case. Oddly it's still in the same shipment as Bioshock, and the price hasn't been changed to reflect the $10 drop (it probably wont be :cry:)

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']
pmp1986, you'll probably get it a few days after the release date, but it depends on where you live.[/QUOTE]
Sweet that sounds good, I live in Manitoba btw anyone else pre-order from Manitoba?

[quote name='pmp1986']Sweet that sounds good, I live in Manitoba btw anyone else pre-order from Manitoba?[/QUOTE]

I think you might get it a little quicker if you were in Ontario. I live in the Maritimes and my FS preorders usually come in 3-4 days after the release date. Manitoba is probably similar.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']I was hoping they'd ship it from the nearest store to me instead of their warehouse, but that probably wont be the case. Oddly it's still in the same shipment as Bioshock, and the price hasn't been changed to reflect the $10 drop (it probably wont be :cry:)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I called and they said I would have to call back on the day it was released to have that fixed. Oy vey.

Anyone here return E3 presale items to store and have it not effect their other orders? I'm thinking I'll pick it up elsewhere and return the copy to Futureshop when it eventually arrives,

bread's done
Back