[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishcthulhu']Here's what I do for purolator since I was denied a door sticker during the summer (because the postal strike was on):

Load up the webpage for the tracking number (even if it doesn't have any information yet), and print it out.
On the printout I write "You have my permission to leave this package at my door"
Write my name, address, phone number, and sign my name at the bottom.
Then I tape that note to my front door when I leave the house.

Done this since the summer when the postal strike was going on, and they've taken the note and left the package every time.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that tip. Several times now I've actually been home keeping an ear out for the doorbell, only to go check the door and there's the damn tag that they've been here and left. I'll leave a note tomorrow even though I'll be home. I can't miss the delivery cause I'm planning to sell the game the same evening.

My SR3 still hasn't shipped either. I made the order when the game was on sale for $40. The game shows in stock though. I don't even want to bother calling customer service. When it does ship, I wonder about the preorder codes that we were supposed to get.

Weird, I'm somewhat having the same problem with Saints Row 3 being shipped. I haven't received a shipping confirmation notice, and the purolator tracker hasn't started on it yet, but FS sent me another email detailing what products were left to ship from my 5 pre-orders, and SR3 isn't on it anymore...I assume since not everyone has gotten it yet then it's not too bad, but if I don't get a shipping notice email by the end of the week I'm going to have to call Customer Support

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Relax, I got the shipping email and my tracking status is empty too, it takes a while.[/QUOTE]

I still have no such shipping email.

Those contacting customer service phone is by far the better option. It took me less then 5 minutes and surprisingly I got a very helpful person who actually spoke english. I even listened to the survey afterwords and did that.

so i called future shop and the -20.00 meant i get a 20.00 credit on my credit card so I indeed got it for 20.00 + tax
they charged my card for 45.19 and then put a credit for 20.00

I dont know if it was because I complained earlier (a while ago) or not and I seem to be in the minority. Check your fs receipt (the one where you go into your orders and click vie receipt- it is beside where you can track your package) and see if it has a negative balance.

another thing the mysterious -10.00 for shipping was so I still got free shipping because it dropped to 19.99 and product must be over 19.99 for free shipping.

I am impressed and pleasently surprised they did thisand even though i got it a day late due to a shipping missed connection I got Halo CE anniversary for 19.99 what a steal

Anybody else complain and get lucky

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Saints Row 3 was delivered by Purolator this morning.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity did you wind up leaving a note on your door?

[quote name='firehawk12']I'm assuming the DLC code is sent via email, like the Uncharted 3 DLC code?[/QUOTE]
There is a sticker for the DLC stuck to the shrinkwrap on the game. I assumed that means the code is inside the box. Have not opened it because I'm selling it.

[rant]

Purolator sucks. First I didn't get AC on Tuesday because the item "was delayed due to a missed connection". Then the driver couldn't find my buzz number on the board (reading is hard amirite?) so I called to have it set up for today (last night) but didn't call by 7PM (because I was working) so they couldn't ship it out today. The woman I dealt with was incredibly rude. I called this morning at 7AM trying to get them to ship it today, they don't, and for the cherry on top - when adding my buzzer number the woman entered the wrong building number (why she changed it is beyond me) and now I had to call them, get transfered to ingram micro(?) who said I need FS to contact them to OK the address change, and FS doesn't know what I'm talking about.

TL;DR: Purolator is the worst shipping company ever, FS is dumb and I'm tired of dealing with incompetents.

[/rant]

Yeah, same here. They just charged me in the last couple hours. Still probably won't get it until Tuesday/Wednesday though. Judging by Super Mario 3D Land. Oh well, Skyrim will keep me busy until then.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']From an outsider looking in, it looks like this whole "Buy 3 E3 games from FS - Get $60 off" is a ending up to be a big nasty mess. Ouch..[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordering anything from anywhere online in Canada is a mess, if you want it the day of release, you're better off walking into the store yourself.

For two reasons

Firstly: Shipping, whether it be Canada Post, UPS or Purolator it's a tossup, around me Purolator is actually pretty good, I've never had any issues with them.

Secondly: FutureShop/BestBuy have no idea what pre-order means, they seem to think it means,
"These people want the game, but don't want it shipped out till we have stocked all the retail stores, even if there isn't enough stock, then we can start shipping out pre-orders from the warehouses after we get a new shipment from the publisher."

Personally I've had very little issues with the two of the five pre-orders so far(knock on wood).

RAGE took a few day to get here at the fault of Purolator(the delivery guy got sick).
Skyrim was more Bethesda's fault, since they thought for some reason it would be cool to release the game on 11/11/11, the day before a national holiday, which was also a long weekend.

Overall I am happy with the 100 dollars I saved on the games I ordered, if I have to wait a few extra days before I can play the games, so be it.

If I were paying full price for the pre-orders though, it would be a completely different story, I would expect FutureShop/BestBuy to know what pre-order means then.

My experience with FS has been... decent. For the most part, they ship the stuff either on the day of release or the day before. I never got any of my games on launch day, but I think it's mostly due to Puralator. They seem to have a few different guys running my route, coming at different times of the day. It really depends on the willingness of the courier to buzz me. I included my buzz and phone number on my orders' address.

I still managed to get my pre-order extra when they're included in the box like Deus Ex HR, RAGE and AC Revelations. I got an email with the Uncharted 3 AK code (even though I already unlocked it via Subway), but not the steelbooks. But I still saved $20, so I don't mind.

There was that episode with Deus Ex Augmented Edition being out of stock was stupid, even though stores had enough stock and I had to wait till the end of the week for it to ship for me.

I bought a copy of SR3 to play a few days ago while I waited for my preorder to show up. It was about 12:45pm when it arrived yesterday. I returned it to the store without any problem.

HOWEVER, I forgot that the preorder comes with the octo-gun and canon thing, so I lose out on that.
I guess whoever buys that copy from Futureshop will be happy.

Either way, that competes my E3 deal. Maybe next time I'll make sure I don't preorder games I'm dying to play on day one, like SR3.

In the long run, saving $60 is still $60. Even if it comes with a few headaches from FS.

Got my AC: Revelations. My final E3 pre-order game that comes out this year. Saved $180 so far on this year releases. Still got 4 other games for 2012. With $180 saved so far with the E3 pre order, I can't complain.

My copy of the game didn't come with the pre-order bonus, presumably because they ran out and shipped me a normal copy. What a pain. :/

Well what do you know, Best Buy shipped my Zelda bundle today. So anyone who got it in the FS deal keep holding out hope. It could happen. I'm expecting a second copy from FS as well, but not under the E3 deal.

Okay just got the FS shipping notice 5 minutes later. Both via Canada Post so Monday delivery is expected.

[quote name='Mr.']Odd, Best Buy shipped my regular edition with Puralator. :/[/QUOTE]
Best Buy shipped my regular edition with Purolator but my LE with Canada Post. Which makes no damn sense.

I didn't get any sticker mentioning the pre-order code on SR3. I ordered 6 months in advance and somehow they stocked the stores full of the game, shipped mine late, and didn't give me a pre-order code.

However, THQ customer support came through and provided one with a photo of my receipt showing the pre-order date.

bread's done
Back