[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny after receiving the $10 off email Monday Uncharted 3 turned up Tuesday. Found purolator delivery notice frozen to bottom of mailbox today. Gotta love Sask winters.

I have no expectations of Skyrim coming Friday. As soon as I saw the release date I thought maybe I'll get it Monday if I'm lucky.

I got Uncharted 3 the day after release. However, I got MW3 today. I hope Saints Row the Third comes on release day too. It's the game I'm looking forward to the most.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I got Uncharted 3 the day after release. However, I got MW3 today. I hope Saints Row the Third comes on release day too. It's the game I'm looking forward to the most.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on SR3, the last one was my favorite co op game to play with my wife. Except the helicopter side missions. That almost made us break up.

I got a charge on my Credit Card for my next game on the 7th (next game is Skyrim) has anyone else been charged early for Skyrim? it could be a good sign of a 11th delivery

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Ditto on SR3, the last one was my favorite co op game to play with my wife. Except the helicopter side missions. That almost made us break up.[/QUOTE]
If it's the game I'm thinking of, I had to give up on one of those helicopter missions. It was damn impossible. I ordered SR3 from FS E3 deal too but I decided to get the PC version which was $34 and I'm going to try selling the PS3 copy on Kijiji for $50 like I did with Uncharted.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I ordered SR3 from FS E3 deal too but I decided to get the PC version which was $34 and I'm going to try selling the PS3 copy on Kijiji for $50 like I did with Uncharted.[/QUOTE]
Someone offered me a Lululemon $50 gift card for Uncharted 3. I might have to settle for $45 on real cash.

Really? I had at least 15 responses to my ad, only 2-3 of them offered less than the $50 I was asking. I'm hoping for similar interest in Saints Row. If not I could probably return it to FS without screwing up the rest of my order but I would rather not take the chance.

[quote name='Encrypt']I got a charge on my Credit Card for my next game on the 7th (next game is Skyrim) has anyone else been charged early for Skyrim? it could be a good sign of a 11th delivery[/QUOTE]

My cousin ordered his copy from BestBuy and they have also charged his CC.

Hopefully they're shipping it out early :)

I was just checking my order status on the Future Shop website and all my orders have mysteriously dissappeared. I'm in hold with CS now to get to the bottom of this, but has anyone else had this happen before?

due to all this bs with some orders I cancelled my final game from the order starcraft 2 heart of the swarm so after halo ce and skyrim ship my order will be done

I still have 3 games total so I dont lose my discount but the bs with the preorder stuff and the other problems i have heard in this thread i figured it was appropriate to cancel my last game especially since SC2 HOTS will likely be 39.99 anyway as it is an expansion. Since they seem to take 20.00 off the original price and not the final price i figured it was best to get my order done and over with

I also sent an email about skyrim releasing on rememberance day and got the response below. SO looks like i wnt be getting skyrim until monday (assuming no weekend delivery)

response was this
Good news is that Elder Scrolls is authorized on the account meaning that theres no chance it will be on back order and you will definetely get your copy in a timely fashion.. Bad news is , that Rememberance day is also considered a government holiday meaning the game will not ship out until monday. And i have no clue why this game is releasing on a friday.. A little wierd.

I just noticed on my Future Shop order, it now says "Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PlayStation 3) - Future Shop Exclusive"

It didn't say Future shop exclusive before... and the Future Shop exclusive is the Steel book. Does this mean I have a chance at getting a steelbook? That would be really nice... it would almost make up for them lying out their ass about the NHL 12 steelbooks.

[quote name='CACG']I just noticed on my Future Shop order, it now says "Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PlayStation 3) - Future Shop Exclusive"

It didn't say Future shop exclusive before... and the Future Shop exclusive is the Steel book. Does this mean I have a chance at getting a steelbook? That would be really nice... it would almost make up for them lying out their ass about the NHL 12 steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this is unlikely. It looks like there is a FS-specific pre-order bonus multiplayer skin, which is probably what the "exclusive" designation refers to (as there would be a unique SKU for the retailer).

Yeah I've seen them call a game their exclusive just based on a pre-order code. It'd be nice to get the steelbook, but not +$20 nice. Something I noticed earlier this week and it's still the case, they don't list the game on their site anymore except for the PC version. Pretty strange.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I've seen them call a game their exclusive just based on a pre-order code. It'd be nice to get the steelbook, but not +$20 nice. Something I noticed earlier this week and it's still the case, they don't list the game on their site anymore except for the PC version. Pretty strange.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused... are you talking about AC: Revelations?

360: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=3c9aac36373c572a06731667f5beea74en02

PS3: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=53fe28e30298798ba4b4c537e579424een02

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I'm talking about it, it doesn't show up in a search. I guess I must not have looked for it via browsing. Only PC version shows up via search.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it... some of their listings are under "Assassin's Creed" and others are "Assassins Creed." Searching for one doesn't find the other. I just searched "Revelations" the first time and it came up. :)

Ah, guess I didn't try that.

So I'm looking at the product page and less than a week before release it says FS Exclusive but lists no pre-order bonus besides the steelbook. There may be a chance we're getting the Steelbook... my order status is changed to Exclusive too.

Found this post by the FS forums moderator:

It is true! we will have a SteelBook for Assassins Creed. It will have space for 4 disc so you can put all 4 games into this one "Assassins Creed Collection" SteelBook! It will be a G1 size (Xbox 360 size).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Skyrim just shipped, my copy shipped with purolator so it should arrive tomorrow.

My cousin was unfortunate enough to have his copy ship with Canada Post so he won't receive his until Monday.

[quote name='KanoBlade']Looks like Skyrim just shipped, my copy shipped with purolator so it should arrive tomorrow.

My cousin was unfortunate enough to have his copy ship with Canada Post so he won't receive his until Monday.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Still waiting on mine.

People like to say that quote was taken out of context. I don't see how the context changes anything:

WN: There was a price drop in Japan for PS3, but not in the US. Aren’t you feeling some price pressure from Microsoft?

JT: We don’t feel like there’s any price pressure at all. The realities are, the Xbox 360 is selling at a slower rate than the original
Xbox was. The xbox 360 is being outsold by PlayStation 2, just like the original Xbox was. We feel that there’s tremendous interest in the PS3, and the biggest challenge we have is coming up with available product, initially. And we don’t feel that price is going to affect our ability to sell our initial qualities.

WN: If downloadable games are tied to an account, what stops five people from sharing one account and all the games?

JT: Nothing, and I think that’s a great advantage. You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment. We want to get the game in as many hands as possible, and it’s not about a financial grab [from] consumers.

WN: Do you feel it’s okay, financially, to allow this?

JT: It’s short term vs. long term. We’re interested in a 10-year product lifecycle and establishing it as the must-have machine for the next decade. It’s not about generating profits at each and every turn, at each and every interaction with the consumer. I think that’s why we went with a free service and why we have an open platform. I think that really offsets the argument that, "Wow, that’s really a pricey system."

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2006/10/trettonday_conc/

Mine got shipped today as well but sadly it will arrive in New Brunswick tonight and sit at the purolator depot till Monday.

Bummer...

Skyrim just shipped! I was seriously considering just buying another copy and selling this one if I didn't get it by this weekend as Skyrim is my most anticipated game of the year.

So has FS redeemed itself? They shipped my Uncharted 3 the day before release with pre-order code via email, and now people are getting Skyrim on time. I wonder if us E3 pre-orderers will get the Assassin's Creed steelbook though.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']So has FS redeemed itself? They shipped my Uncharted 3 the day before release with pre-order code via email, and now people are getting Skyrim on time. I wonder if us E3 pre-orderers will get the Assassin's Creed steelbook though.[/QUOTE]

They might have won this round, but the war still rages on. It still remains to be seen if it will arrive "on time" with the holiday. Just got my notice.

My Skyrim shipped via Purolator which means I won't be seeing it until Monday since I'm in Alberta. Purolator only delivers in Ontario and Quebec on Friday. I'm alright with this because I still have a ton to play.

Skyrim is actually the last thin I have shipping from this deal this year. Mass Effect 3 next year and I'm done.

[quote name='retro.elite']My Skyrim is in the same shipment as Assassin's Creed. I might not get my copy until Assassin's Creed is shipped.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be ok. Mine were grouped together as well, but Skyrim shipped today.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']My Skyrim shipped via Purolator which means I won't be seeing it until Monday since I'm in Alberta. Purolator only delivers in Ontario and Quebec on Friday. I'm alright with this because I still have a ton to play.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Haven't even finished Brotherhood yet, and I have Deus Ex, Shadows of the Damned and Red Faction to play from Gameaccess. But then I read the reviews and want to push everything else to the side.

got my shipping notice for skyrim at 1:18 today still hoping i get it tommorow

found out gamestop.ca has fallout 3 goty on sale for 20.00 been waiting for that price for a while

not that i will play it for a while with the amazing games coming out

[quote name='SenatorZelda']found out gamestop.ca has fallout 3 goty on sale for 20.00 been waiting for that price for a while[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm gonna get this PM'd at Futureshop right now!

Skyrim is on vehicle for delivery. I've got to say. I'm very impressed with FS and Purolator. I've received all my games on release day. I lost faith in them when I received FF13 a week later last year, but they redeemed themselves with this. Will definitely pre-order from them again! :D

I just picked up my copy of Skyrim from EB today. Someone was actually buying the CE. And, the boxes are huge, I wonder how big the statue is.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Wow I'm in Alberta and Purolator just dropped off my Skyrim. Niceeeee[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!! I was shocked! And felt bad for the Puro guy so i broke open my toonie jar and gave him an $8 tip.

I just tracked my shipment, apparently it's on vehicle for delivery on Purolator as of 9:00am this morning, so I should be expecting my game later on today. I've never pre-ordered games online before because I always thought that these games would never actually come on the release date, but FS has surprised me, I've gotten all the other pre-orders on this FS deal on the release date.

I've got to give a hand to FS and Purolator for getting stuff out this well.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Wow I'm in Alberta and Purolator just dropped off my Skyrim. Niceeeee[/QUOTE]

I've had purolator deliver on a friday before.

My Skyrim has yet to ship. They did break up Skyrim and Assassin's in to their own shipments.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']It's a holiday[/QUOTE]
So your courier gets holiday pay.

Well I feel like a kid on Christmas day who got an "I owe you" gift, my skyrim shipped yesterday and would have made it to me at work but due to a purolator routing error my Weekend Skyrim dreams are on hold, normally I don't care what day I get a game but knowing it was shipped and would make it on Friday I was hyped up today at work, bubble burst I guess its a Modern Warfare 3 weekend instead

[quote name='retro.elite']My Skyrim has yet to ship. They did break up Skyrim and Assassin's in to their own shipments.

So your courier gets holiday pay.[/QUOTE]

The point is that Purolator doesn't do deliveries in Alberta on holidays. I specifically called yesterday and they said they wouldn't be doing deliveries today. My wife said they broke this holiday policy for one of the Harry Potter movies, so maybe that's what happened here

Be careful opening the game. The paper sleeve on the outside of the game case is your case art. There's some assemble required with this game.

I think I need to cancel my Zelda pre-order. There's no way Purolater will have the game to me on a Sunday, and I don't think I can wait a day to play it. Besides, I'm only saving $10...

bread's done
Back