[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='king_bronx']Anyone's Batman actually ship? Still no word from FS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was shipped yesterday apparently.

[quote name='kathos']Yeah mine was shipped yesterday apparently.[/QUOTE]

Lucky, still waiting for my order to update because it still allows me to cancel.

[quote name='king_bronx']Anyone's Batman actually ship? Still no word from FS.[/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't shipped from BB yet either. If they pull another Infamous 2 and have supply issues then I will be pissed off.

My Batman order from BB hasn't shipped either, and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Looks like I won't be getting it on release :(. The expected delivery date on the order shows Oct 13-22 though, so hopefully *fingers crossed* I'll have it by the end of the week, and I hope they just ship it via Canada Post. It's far easier for me that way, and stuff usually gets to me pretty fast.

[quote name='cswloo']My Batman order from BB hasn't shipped either, and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Looks like I won't be getting it on release :(. The expected delivery date on the order shows Oct 13-22 though, so hopefully *fingers crossed* I'll have it by the end of the week, and I hope they just ship it via Canada Post. It's far easier for me that way, and stuff usually gets to me pretty fast.[/QUOTE]
They SHOULD should with Canada Post. I ordered Tetris Axis a week ago and they shipped it via Canada Post. I`m with you with hoping they STAY with Canada Post. When they use Purolator it`s just inconvenient for me because the place I have to pick it up is where buses don`t go.

[quote name='Shinn23']They SHOULD should with Canada Post. I ordered Tetris Axis a week ago and they shipped it via Canada Post. I`m with you with hoping they STAY with Canada Post. When they use Purolator it`s just inconvenient for me because the place I have to pick it up is where buses don`t go.[/QUOTE]

I got Spider-Man: Edge of Time via Purolator via FS. Usually the always ship Canada Post.

The truth is, it's not even that I'm anxious to get the game. I just want to see if I actually get Batman for 39.99$ or if I'm going to have to write a very angry letter to FS.

I was told it would ship at the proper price with the proper reduction, but I'm pretty skeptical that that will happen.

[quote name='Grandpa Green']I'm in the same boat. I called and they said I would have to call back on the day it was released to have that fixed. Oy vey.

Anyone here return E3 presale items to store and have it not effect their other orders? I'm thinking I'll pick it up elsewhere and return the copy to Futureshop when it eventually arrives,[/QUOTE]

It may be unwise to buy it somewhere else, as there are several retailer-specific DLC costumes that may indicate unique SKU numbers at each retailer. The safe way to do it would be to buy it at Future Shop and then return the shipped copy with the in-store receipt.

My Batman BB Order hasn't shipped nor has my cc been charged. However, since my XBL account was hacked and MS is taking their sweet time to fix it, I'm playing my PS3 anyways.

[quote name='Grandpa Green']I'm in the same boat. I called and they said I would have to call back on the day it was released to have that fixed. Oy vey.

Anyone here return E3 presale items to store and have it not effect their other orders? I'm thinking I'll pick it up elsewhere and return the copy to Futureshop when it eventually arrives,[/QUOTE]

I just noticed my Batman was on the same shipment as Bioshock too. I just sent an email to them but haven't heard back yet. I think I will just end up giving them a call

Update: Called them this morning and they split it up without any issue and are supposed to ship it out today.

[quote name='pmp1986']I just noticed my Batman was on the same shipment as Bioshock too. I just sent an email to them but haven't heard back yet. I think I will just end up giving them a call

Update: Called them this morning and they split it up without any issue and are supposed to ship it out today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, I have the same exact shipment grouping as you do (Batman and Bioshock), I e-mailed them before hand and they said it would be shipped out individually, regardless of grouping, but of course no luck when release day came around.

Just gave them a call too, and it should be shipping out today, thanks for the update & information.

[quote name='Grandpa Green']
Anyone here return E3 presale items to store and have it not effect their other orders?[/QUOTE]
I want to know this as well. I think as long as you keep 3 games per order they should still give you the $39.99 price on the remaining ones but I don't trust them to not screw that up. Thinking about buying Saints Row for PC but I pre-ordered PS3 version and am going to have to figure out what to do with it. Same with Uncharted, got the collector's edition at Amazon. I hope I can sell em on Kijiji.

Not shipping out yet, get it together Futureshop! Interestingly though when I checked it my order had been changed to "Arkham City - Future Shop Exclusive" so maybe I/others will be getting the steelbook after all?

So I got charged $54.10 to my CC today for Batman: Arkham City. I checked the Future Shop website, the game is listed as $59.99. I got the game with 2 other during the Future Shop E3 deal so that I would get $20 off each game. I didn't get the $20 discount of the current retail price. Since Batman was $69.99 at the time I pre-ordered they gave me $20 off on that price, not on the $59.99 that is listed for now on their website.

I called Customer Service and spoke with a Supervisor named Jeremy to try and have my order corrected. He said it was not possible because I am already paying less than the current retail price. I even asked for a $10 credit or gift card and he refused. He said that many people have been calling about pricing issues with this deal.

So I basically only got $50 off on my order instead of the $60 ($20 each game) that was advertised during the deal. BS if you ask me.

Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='wurob']So I got charged $54.10 to my CC today for Batman: Arkham City. I checked the Future Shop website, the game is listed as $59.99. I got the game with 2 other during the Future Shop E3 deal so that I would get $20 off each game. I didn't get the $20 discount of the current retail price. Since Batman was $69.99 at the time I pre-ordered they gave me $20 off on that price, not on the $59.99 that is listed for now on their website.

I called Customer Service and spoke with a Supervisor named Jeremy to try and have my order corrected. He said it was not possible because I am already paying less than the current retail price. I even asked for a $10 credit or gift card and he refused. He said that many people have been calling about pricing issues with this deal.

So I basically only got $50 off on my order instead of the $60 ($20 each game) that was advertised during the deal. BS if you ask me.

Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

1. Get the exact wording of the previous pre-order / $20 off deal. It's important to distinguish whether the deal gets you $20 off the retail price at the time of the game's release or just a flimsy $20 off whatever the current price happened to be at the time of the order.

2. Let them know that if you don't get the promised $20 off, you will contact the Better Business Bureau (or whoever handles this kind of thing in your area) with the wording of their previous deal, your receipt, and your correspondence with customer service. At worst, it could be false advertising or even fraud (artificially setting prices high knowing they will drop and thus convincing customers to buy for promised discounts that don't actually exist).

3. Then see how they feel about a gift card middle ground.

Typical slimy Future Shop scam, same as offering the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex to everyone who preordered but then hiding behind a "quantities limited" clause even though they were still buried under unsold copies of it in stores.

I didn't pre-order Batman AC during e3 deal as I knew FS/BB will never match the pre-order base price with a possible lower retail price on release. And I didn't expect them to add on the promo discount offer that was only available during e3 (June 6-9) to the release day price. Like they did with Deus Ex, ICO Collection, and will do with the upcoming Halo Anniversary.

[quote name='wurob']So I got charged $54.10 to my CC today for Batman: Arkham City. I checked the Future Shop website, the game is listed as $59.99. I got the game with 2 other during the Future Shop E3 deal so that I would get $20 off each game. I didn't get the $20 discount of the current retail price. Since Batman was $69.99 at the time I pre-ordered they gave me $20 off on that price, not on the $59.99 that is listed for now on their website.

Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

They fed me the same line when I called in.

Their logic is bad. Simple as that. I decided to call back, to get the address for their head office, to launch a written complaint, and the guy I spoke to told me my order would ship at the lowest price + the 20$ discount. I wrote down his name and ID and I will be using that against them. If they don't discount it, I'll be finishing that letter I started.

Also, this is bs. They haven't even charged my card. So, that means it's going to ship maybe Thursday at this point. We should be getting compensated for this. And I'm not normally one to say things like that, but come on. They're screwing us on every deal associated with the game. They least they could have done was ship it on time.

[quote name='KanoBlade']CC was charged but it hasn't been shipped, not expecting it until Thursday at the earliest. :\[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mine was charged as of late yesterday, but no shipping email yet.

I'm at the point where I don't even care any more. The 10$ discount isn't even worth it to keep the pre-order. I'll likely be returning my copy, and just not pre-ordering with FS any more.

Well they seemed to separate my Batman from my Mass Effect 3. I guess that's something? Happened in the last couple hours as well. They haven't charged my card or anything yet. Here's hoping I actually get it this week sometime since it usually only takes 2 or 3 days on average to receive it once it leaves their warehouse.

[quote name='king_bronx']I'm at the point where I don't even care any more. The 10$ discount isn't even worth it to keep the pre-order. I'll likely be returning my copy, and just not pre-ordering with FS any more.[/QUOTE]

I'll most likely be doing the same to my BB order. Seeing as how I just picked up the dual pack at Walmart today. I'll try to sell it on Kijiji or something to keep the 800 points they gave for pre-ordering.

[quote name='king_bronx']I'm at the point where I don't even care any more. The 10$ discount isn't even worth it to keep the pre-order. I'll likely be returning my copy, and just not pre-ordering with FS any more.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to do this too if it hasn't shipped by tomorrow, because if it hasn't then I likely wont get it this week and I'm much too impatient. Alternatively I might just cancel the order, except it's still lumped in with Bioshock.

It appears that Future Shop is back onboard with Canada Post. I am happy with that, no need for signature, but shipping speed is not as fast as purolator.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']I'm going to do this too if it hasn't shipped by tomorrow, because if it hasn't then I likely wont get it this week and I'm much too impatient. Alternatively I might just cancel the order, except it's still lumped in with Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

My plan, as it stands, is to keep my current pre-order because most of them are fine. But I'm almost certainly returning Batman and Zelda - which aren't priced right. I'm cancelling my Zelda CE with them and I'll just keep my BB one. It ends up being a better deal, so long as I get the 800 rewardzone points.

And this will be the last time I will be pre-ordering with FS.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']And now apparently some copies of the game don't include any of the bonus DLC codes (costume, characters, maps, etc.).

*slow clap*[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who bought Batman at Futureshop and it's missing all the DLC. The skins and the Catwoman DLC.

Not impressed.

[quote name='Mikass']I have a friend who bought Batman at Futureshop and it's missing all the DLC. The skins and the Catwoman DLC.

Not impressed.[/QUOTE]

He should try and take it back. There's a good chance futureshop will give you a hard time but its worth it if he gets the DLC he was promised.

Just got my shipping notice. Thinking of picking a copy up at Futureshop on the way home anyways. Any reason I would have an issue returning the one they ship me when it does come?

No Arkham City for me yet either. Also, the price appears to be wrong.

Future Shop is going to be getting a LOT of calls from Arkham pre-order customers.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']My Best Buy order shipped via Purolator today. Hoping it gets here tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Lucky, at least some one is getting their copy :\

Looks like my copy didn't ship today which is pretty terrible, wish they would be more pro-active about getting pre-orders to you closer to the release date instead of treating them like any old order.

I called them at 9:30am and they couldn't ship it out today which seems pretty crazy, they still charged my credit card though so I'm sure they don't care either way.

[quote name='KanoBlade']Lucky, at least some one is getting their copy :\

Looks like my copy didn't ship today which is pretty terrible, wish they would be more pro-active about getting pre-orders to you closer to the release date instead of treating them like any old order.

I called them at 9:30am and they couldn't ship it out today which seems pretty crazy, they still charged my credit card though so I'm sure they don't care either way.[/QUOTE]

it'll probably ship tomorrow. mine left vancouver tonight

[quote name='Afrodiziak']it'll probably ship tomorrow. mine left vancouver tonight[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped either (from bestbuy), I have the collectors edition preordered, I don't remember whether it came with 800 reward points or not.

[quote name='firehawk12']I'm curious, are anyone's FS preorders still shipping via Purolator at this point? Batman, for example?[/QUOTE]
My pre-order for Dark Souls CE and Batman AC were shipped with Canada Post.

[quote name='firehawk12']I'm curious, are anyone's FS preorders still shipping via Purolator at this point? Batman, for example?[/QUOTE]

My Batman pre-order was shipped yesterday via Purolator. Should get it today.

Got my batman arkham city today from futureshop, was shipped yesterday. No steelcase should i call customer service or go to the store directly?

[quote name='Nero25']Got my batman arkham city today from futureshop, was shipped yesterday. No steelcase should i call customer service or go to the store directly?[/QUOTE]

Did you order the steelbook?

[quote name='Nero25']i pre ordered in September, it stated that a steelbook comes with it[/QUOTE]

If you ordered online then you should call customer service. Most stores will say they operate separately from the web store and can't help you.

The steelbook case may be shipping separately.

Credit card has been charged, says it's in stock but STILL hasn't shipped. That dog wont hunt, monsignor.

Edit: Encouraging news, apparently it has already shipped and they just didn't send me an email. Hooray. Also good news for others: although it was charged to my credit card at $54 apparently I am going to get $20 off the new price of $59.99. There will be a credit on my account next week I was told. /And/ I'm getting the steelbook as well. Hopefully this applies to everyone else in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Credit card has been charged, says it's in stock but STILL hasn't shipped. That dog wont hunt, monsignor.

Edit: Encouraging news, apparently it has already shipped and they just didn't send me an email. Hooray. Also good news for others: although it was charged to my credit card at $54 apparently I am going to get $20 off the new price of $59.99. There will be a credit on my account next week I was told. /And/ I'm getting the steelbook as well. Hopefully this applies to everyone else in here.[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped today, I'm assuming you called to confirm the adjusted price and the steelbook, if so I may have to call.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Credit card has been charged, says it's in stock but STILL hasn't shipped. That dog wont hunt, monsignor.

Edit: Encouraging news, apparently it has already shipped and they just didn't send me an email. Hooray. Also good news for others: although it was charged to my credit card at $54 apparently I am going to get $20 off the new price of $59.99. There will be a credit on my account next week I was told. /And/ I'm getting the steelbook as well. Hopefully this applies to everyone else in here.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'd also like some more info as to that.

bread's done
Back