*** EXPIRED *** GameStop/Pre-Owned: Cyperpunk 2077 (PS4) $5

At least on the new systems, this game is quite good now. It took months and endless patches but it's a damn fine open-world with solid combat and RPG mechanics. It's not the game-changer that was touted but I played it over the summer and loved it. 

Sure it’s probably worth the $5 … but I can’t recall another game in recent memory that has such a lazy opening. Don’t get me wrong, it starts solidly with your entry into the city … but what the hell is up with the stupid montage that makes a 6 month jump. Some of that clearly should have been gameplay and they ran out of time. Game is a mess and it probably could have been really cool if it reflected what the developers had promised.

With that said, still way better than Deus Ex 2 or any of the newer games in that series. It’s sad that nothing has lived up to the original Deus Ex regarding story, choice in how to accomplish missions, and general coolness.

I’d love to see a remake of Deus Ex that keeps that framework but modernizes the graphics and gameplay mechanisms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure it’s probably worth the $5 … but I can’t recall another game in recent memory that has such a lazy opening. Don’t get me wrong, it starts solidly with your entry into the city … but what the hell is up with the stupid montage that makes a 6 month jump. Some of that clearly should have been gameplay and they ran out of time. Game is a mess and it probably could have been really cool if it reflected what the developers had promised.

With that said, still way better than Deus Ex 2 or any of the newer games in that series. It’s sad that nothing has lived up to the original Deus Ex regarding story, choice in how to accomplish missions, and general coolness.

I’d love to see a remake of Deus Ex that keeps that framework but modernizes the graphics and gameplay mechanisms.
Unfortunately I think we are a good 10 to 15 years removed from AAA complex RPGs. You barely even see turn based AAA JRPGs anymore. Everything is a hybrid FPS/action adventure/yada yada

bread's done
Back