Expired: PlayStation Classic ($39.99) Walmart

Just keep on dropping...I'd take one at $20 or less to mod and play around with.  Wouldn't be upset if they (somehow) all were sold before that price though.

Yes on the PSvita handheld...but on the PSTV and its lack to play all Vita games?.... doubtful.
No, not doubtful. The PSTV is hackable as well, and you can white list all vita games. Still some limitations for ones with extensive touchscreen support, but you can put all the vita and psp games on it plus emulation for older systems (SNES, GBA, ETC).

I was going to pricematch this at Target last night, but they still had 6 of these systems in the glass case, so I'll wait a while longer to see if it will go lower.

I have one on hold for pick up and probably will pick it up the next day or so. I'm hoping it goes lower since BB has stacks of them but every time I try to wait it out I end up missing out so I figured I would live with the $40.  Still better than the $100 I had it pre-ordered for.

I have one on hold for pick up and probably will pick it up the next day or so. I'm hoping it goes lower since BB has stacks of them but every time I try to wait it out I end up missing out so I figured I would live with the $40. Still better than the $100 I had it pre-ordered for.
Yeah looks like the in-store stock is starting to go down a bit finally. According to Brickseek every Walmart except one in my area has under 10 in stock now (the one that has more has 37).

Looks like deal is dead.  It's now $99.99!

3rd party sellers are cheaper, but Walmart has raised the price to $99.99!

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't true. It's one store 1 of 10,000 stores in the US and they don't have stock.
for the $15 price point, maybe

but in my area 3 different Wally's p/BS list at $30 with 15+ in stock

again thats all according to BS tho, i haven't been to em.

I got one for $30 or $35 during that Target 30% disc double dip a few weeks back and its staring at me right now while in its d@m target bag still..

oNe

for the $15 price point, maybe

but in my area 3 different Wally's p/BS list at $30 with 15+ in stock

again thats all according to BS tho, i haven't been to em.

I got one for $30 or $35 during that Target 30% disc double dip a few weeks back and its staring at me right now while in its d@m target bag still..

oNe

BS has been frustrating me with it's fake reports. "oh this item is as low as $1!". Except it's one 1 of 10,000 Walmarts, and usually a price error in their system. So then you have thousands of people checking for a price that isn't real.

I have the PS Classic too for $36 from target. Still sitting sealed as well.

BS has been frustrating me with it's fake reports. "oh this item is as low as $1!". Except it's one 1 of 10,000 Walmarts, and usually a price error in their system. So then you have thousands of people checking for a price that isn't real.

I opened my $36 Target one, but I have not actually played it for more than 3 minutes. I need to look into modding it and adding some more games so it's useful. We play fighting games at work occasionally so this will be perfect once I mod it and get those shit 50hz versions off there and replaced with playable games.

gotcha, I feel the same, and if I see the 1 store wit the insane low price i don't even bother as I consider it not "real"

so the HUNT continues..

SIGMA keep us posted...

Not sure why I even bought it to be honest, I think maybe jus so that I can post it up next to the OG ps1 and then maybe make a pic op outta it..

NOTE: I still have 2 each of the Classic NES, and SNES, both still in the original mailers from GS/BB..

guess I have more $$$ than time...

oNe

Every time I see dozens in stores at $59 I think of the trolls here who argued with me when I said that was a price DROP and not just a sale price a month ago.
As I recall, people were arguing with you because you were arguing with them about how it's wrong that they PM + Cartwheel for it after the first time it went on sale for $60. And then you proceeded to go out and do exactly what you were calling them wrongdoers for. :roll:

As I recall, people were arguing with you because you were arguing with them about how it's wrong that they PM + Cartwheel for it after the first time it went on sale for $60. And then you proceeded to go out and do exactly what you were calling them wrongdoers for. :roll:
Wait... what?

I got it for $36. I told them what target was doing should be illegal and is unethical. They were lying about the price drop and hiding it behind an app coupon. I was pissed target was lying about the price and absolutely do not believe it’s double dipping. It’s honoring a store price and using a store coupon, that is not double dipping. Now if you were to pricematch say amazon or best buy and try to use cartwheel, THAT is double dipping.

I said over and over the $60 price drop was official and people kept arguing it was a sale price. By now we know I was right.

These are right at the entrance of a Best Buy I went to yesterday. They’re really trying to ditch these things.

https://imgur.com/a/gScoy6C
LOL, I love the one box that's "open" for that whopping $5 off. Yeah, my Walmart isn't this bad, but the case is always full, and they may have more in the back, so I may see a set up like this sooner, rather than later.

What the **** was Sony thinking with this piece of shit? When they finally announced the games list, I thought it was a solid representation of the early PS1 had to offer, but I could see why most thought it was pretty garbage. I guess that should have been the first indication of penny pinching, as it was apparent, they didn't want to pay others for the more popular titles. But to cheap out in regards to how well this functioned.......They have killed any future hopes of any fans backing something like this again, and for what?

This ranks up there with gamings biggest blunders, as this is almost as bad as Atari producing more cartridges, than game consoles in the wild, and not expecting it to cause an issue for retailers. Well done Sony, very well done :dunce:

If you don't know, Bleemsync 1.0 is out now, so enjoy for those that did buy! Pretty Cool.
Thanks for posting this. I bought one at Walmart purely to see what I could do with it. Installing Bleemsync was super fast and the interface to load new games is awesome. So far everything I've loaded worked great. My only complaint with this thing is the controllers - man these things suck. They are tiny, uncomfortable and the cord is stiff.

Does anyone know of any alternative controllers that work well with the system?

Thanks for posting this. I bought one at Walmart purely to see what I could do with it. Installing Bleemsync was super fast and the interface to load new games is awesome. So far everything I've loaded worked great. My only complaint with this thing is the controllers - man these things suck. They are tiny, uncomfortable and the cord is stiff.

Does anyone know of any alternative controllers that work well with the system?
I don't know if you have any PS4 controllers, but 8Bitdo sells a wireless receiver for $20 via Amazon. I have two for our Switch, and they work just fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sony should just bury all the PS1 Classics next to all the E.T. Atari 2600 games. It would make for a good story in the far future.

Sony should just bury all the PS1 Classics next to all the E.T. Atari 2600 games. It would make for a good story in the far future.
Yeah, there's plenty of space, since everything was dug up and sold. Maybe in 30+ years, they can do the same for this piece of shit and then they can get the $100+ asking price again. LOL

Yeah, there's plenty of space, since everything was dug up and sold. Maybe in 30+ years, they can do the same for this piece of shit and then they can get the $100+ asking price again. LOL
Didn't know they were all dug up and sold. Wow. I am going to look that up as I wonder who would want the damn things.

Didn't know they were all dug up and sold. Wow. I am going to look that up as I wonder who would want the damn things.
Yeah, they put them in sealed bags, and they all came with a COA with the game info and whatever else. Besides ET, there where many other games as well, so it was actually a well done idea. I wanted to buy one, as it was a cool piece of history, as I grew up in that era and had always heard the stories of buried games. The prices where kind of high $100 give or take if memory serves, and I just didn't have the extra funds at the time. But now those prices are off the charts, as there was a finite amount of stuff dug up. They also only really offered the stuff that was kind of "complete", so you got the box, cart manual etc in each(although dirty and smashed). If stuff was alone, I think they destroyed or stored, or gave out, I'm not to sure what happened to those.

Yeah, they put them in sealed bags, and they all came with a COA with the game info and whatever else. Besides ET, there where many other games as well, so it was actually a well done idea. I wanted to buy one, as it was a cool piece of history, as I grew up in that era and had always heard the stories of buried games. The prices where kind of high $100 give or take if memory serves, and I just didn't have the extra funds at the time. But now those prices are off the charts, as there was a finite amount of stuff dug up. They also only really offered the stuff that was kind of "complete", so you got the box, cart manual etc in each(although dirty and smashed). If stuff was alone, I think they destroyed or stored, or gave out, I'm not to sure what happened to those.
And here I thought only EA had figured out how to profit from garbage.

They actually left most of them in the landfill. They only packaged about 1000 of the 700K+ that were buried there for sale. Of those, I believe a couple hundred were held in reserve and about 800 were actually sold with the proceeds being split between the City of Almagordo and a local historical society.

bread's done
Back