Extra Life Charity Event - Oct. 20th 2012

Alright people, NEW CONTEST for you guys. THe first person to raise an additional $100 will get to choose from a $20 PSN Card, 1600 XBL Points, 3 Months of PS+, $20 Steam Card or 3 months of XBL.

So get out and get that money!!!

Contest starts now at 17:02 EST (5:02pm) on September 26, 2012

Hey, so I took some pictures to show off the potential prizes from Raptr. I'm still waiting on a couple of potential sponsors, but the majority of them have responded and unfortunately most said no. :cry: Shouldn't be much longer till I can post the full giveaway thread and whatnot, though. :bouncy:

Pics will be in the spoiler below. They're a bit crumply from the shipping box, but they should be fine with a quick iron or two.

IMG_20120926_201426.jpg

IMG_20120926_201433.jpg

IMG_20120926_201504.jpg

Also, think I just got one to two more sponsors. I'm not 100% positive, so I'm not going to say anything more, but should be good if they come through. :D

Whoo, can confirm some new sponsors! Hi-Rez Studios & Tripwire Interactive Entertainment! The guys at Hi-Rez gave me like 100+ codes for the Smite Closed Beta. I'm probably going to delegate most of those codes to a big physical raffle at my school, but I can always add some to the CAG Raffle if anyone is interested.

Tripwire's donating some KF copies and stuff. Today has been a good day. :D

Hi all! Just sent in a request to be added to the team. I was unaware that there was a Team CAG when I signed up for extra-life. Anyway I just started and we should see a nice bump when they add my account to the team.

Btw- you can add my xbox live acct and psn account to the OP.

:360: DiddyMa0
:ps3: steveo1879

One thing tho- due to some scheduling conflicts I'm going to be playing October 19-20 from 6pm EST to 6pm EST. Hopefully I can still catch some of you on the 20th.

[quote name='frostybroc']Be sure that it is Team Cheap Ass Gamer, not Team CAG.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I followed the OP and checked out the page already. It took them a few days to answer a previous question, so I expect about the same to have me added to the team.

Thanks!

Welcome to the team! I'll try to get some time to update the "wiki" here on the site. Got some goodies from AtLus. EPIC Games says they'll be sending a package as well. I also contacted Brady Games.

I'm probably going to stick to PC/Steam and maybe some PS3 if I get bored later. I might have an extra Xbox Live code I could use if you guys are playing something I own. Some games I've been thinking of: Borderlands 2 PC/PS3 (I have both lol), Dark Souls PC/PS3 (I have both lol), Portal 2 PC (MP compatible with PS3), XCom: Enemy Unknown PC, Sleeping Dogs PC, etc.

Atm moment it looks like I be playing battlefield 3, MGS: Peacewalker, Tokyo Jungle, and Disgaea 4. If I cop a Vita before then, I might setup a JPN account to grab Monster Hunter Portable 3.

[quote name='frostybroc']Alright everyone, just over a week till Game Day, what is everyone playing? Maybe we can set up some matches, coop sessions, etc.[/QUOTE]

Haven't decided yet. I'm probably going to bounce between my PS3 and PC. PS3 will probably be Enslaved and PC will either be BioShock 2 or Amnesia, with some Diablo 3 for good measure, though I may save Amnesia for the week of Halloween ;)

Mixed in will probably be some lighter PSN/PSP stuff.

I think I'll finally dive into TTT2 and maybe some more Ratchet and Clank. I really need to put a dent in my backlog. Probably won't be on Xbox much unless some friends are gonna keep me awake on there lol

I ended up copping Monster Hunter Portable 3 off amazon it looks like that will be my main. Also I' looking to hold the drawing for the prizes on Monday that way I can try to get the stuff to everyone by Saturday.

I still haven't decided what to play... I know I could sink a full 24 into one of the Fallouts or Skyrim, but I'm thinking I may want to finally finish Shadowrun (SNES). This was one of my all time favorite RPGs (and tabletop) and back in 1993 I hit a game breaking glitch with very very little left to play. It's honestly been haunting me ever since. So, I may attempt to finish it.

Also big thanks to frostybroc for getting all this support for us! Less than a week to go and we only need less than $400!

On ps3 more likely RE6 & Max payne 3 and Xbox 360 gow and or Mass effect 3

PSN/Gamertag: Leprekon666

P.s. I got at least $200 to add, just waiting on my boss to give check so I can input check number

Last edited by a moderator:
Winners have been drawn, and I'll be contacting you via email of CAG with verification. If possible PLEASE PM WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND NAME SO I CAN SEND OUT BEFORE FRIDAY!

I'm going to post my final raffle list and things sometime Thursday. I know it's late notice, but I honestly wasn't sure about marking down some companies, so I procrastinated too long and haven't felt like cataloging so many things to giveaway. :drool:

You don't have to do it before the event. You can save your raffle afterwards. I'm just doing it so people can have something additional to play.

The girl I'm interested in is also a gamer and said she'd swing by during the marathon to game with me. I think I found a keeper :D

EPIC Games sent in a prize pack. Some Hero Clix, 2 T-shirts (Both L one women / one man), and a poster with the devs signed about the new Gears. Also some comics. Anyone interested? Try to rack in those funds today guys!

[quote name='frostybroc']EPIC Games sent in a prize pack. Some Hero Clix, 2 T-shirts (Both L one women / one man), and a poster with the devs signed about the new Gears. Also some comics. Anyone interested? Try to rack in those funds today guys![/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in the HeroClix! Do we need to raise more to get them?

[quote name='frostybroc']EPIC Games sent in a prize pack. Some Hero Clix, 2 T-shirts (Both L one women / one man), and a poster with the devs signed about the new Gears. Also some comics. Anyone interested? Try to rack in those funds today guys![/QUOTE]

I would really love the gears judgement poster. Would look sweet in my gamecave

Just a reminder: if anyone wants to do some borderlands 2 with me and a friend tonight (I'm starting my marathon around 8pm est tonight). Were on our first play through (levels 11/12) with mechromancer and siren. We're playing on :360:

Not sure how long we're gonna stick to BL2. I guess until one of us gets fed up w/ fps. But send a friend request if you want.

Also if anyone has ANY interest in RE:ORC my friend and I also just started that. I can't stand the AI but if we had a few more humans it might be more fun. Also on :360:

GT: DiddyMa0

[quote name='frostybroc']Kburns: No, I'll send out the hero clix to

leprekon: I'll send the poster out to you. PM me your address.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks Frosty!

[quote name='frostybroc']Kburns: No, I'll send out the hero clix to

leprekon: I'll send the poster out to you. PM me your address.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again frosty

[quote name='kube00']Too late for me to donate possibly? I wanted to join the team but I think I may have to work this saturday[/QUOTE]

They usually leave the pages open for a bit after the event for make up days, so its not too late, get that donation in!! :D:applause:

Ooh, what sort of comics? I don't want to ask for them if I already have them somehow lol.

Damn, I'm only $25 short of my goal. Hopefully I'll get one more donation in before the day's up.

Good luck everyone! Happy gaming! Cya on the other side.

bread's done
Back