Extreme YMMV: TRU Xbox One Games $0.02

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Last night during my shift at TRU my manager had a bunch of Xbox One launch games pulled aside to "look into" For whatever reason the vanilla versions of

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

are ringing up for $0.02 in the system. He obviously wouldn't let me buy them, and I'm not sure if its a glitch in our system or if its company wide. Their website still lists these titles for their original or sale price. 

I'll try my tru tomorrow but not getting my hopes up.
I went today (= this evening); and everything is set to 39.99 / 49.99...no note of the .02c thingie. I was so disappointed. I was worried about my conscience in the morning but I needn't, my luck made sure I had nothing to worry. No Dice! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I went today (= this evening); and everything is set to 39.99 / 49.99...no note of the .02c thingie. I was so disappointed. I was worried about my conscience in the morning but I needn't, my luck made sure I had nothing to worry. No Dice! :(
Gosh I hope you're not serious and are just trolling.

I'll be giving this a shot tomorrow along with the 9.99 COD Ghosts. I hope I can get at least one of those 3.

Neither ironic nor true, but I guess trollers gonna troll.
Yeah I bought an Xbox One for Dead Rising 3. I paid $541 for the Xbox One and $65 for Dead Rising 3 and it was worth it.

$600...damn...wtf was I thinking.....now Xbox Ones are $350 and Dead Rising 3 is 2 pennies........Gdamnit....must resist tourettes. Good game though.

Mine also had normal signage of the prices you mentioned (i.e Dead Rising at $39.99 or whatever it normally is). But, you should have used a price scanner because they are ringing up two cents.

When I worked for TRU, there were so many things that were tossed into the compactor, the worst being the OG Xbox display (TV, console and big metal display stand). I practically begged them to let me take it, but no, it was destroyed.
I guess the one I worked at in 2005 was full of hoarders - I found a PS1 display unit stashed in the rafters along with a ton of old inventory (cases of brand new PS1 games).

Mine also had normal signage of the prices you mentioned (i.e Dead Rising at $39.99 or whatever it normally is). But, you should have used a price scanner because they are ringing up two cents.
Damn, I should've. They open 7AM around here, I will go give it another try tomorrow, when heading to work. Who knows, I may yet be successful, eh? One can dream...

I guess the one I worked at in 2005 was full of hoarders - I found a PS1 display unit stashed in the rafters along with a ton of old inventory (cases of brand new PS1 games).
Wooh would be crazy those PS1 games were GH version of FF7.

I know I picked up like 14 copies of FF7,FF8, Origins for $7.50 each back in the days (B1G1 free on PS1 games). Note: I ended flipping 7 copies of FF7 for $110 each a few years later.

Crazy you guys manage to get those games for 2 cents. I got rejected a month back trying to pick up .01 cent guides from TRU. 

Thank you OP for posting this! I went to my Toys R' Us right at open. I noticed that there were four copies of Forza 5 (vanilla) behind the GOTY edition available. So after checking out other games, decided to pick up Kingdom Hearts 2.5 LE to offset the price. Once I had the cashier grab the games, he needed an override because they had a copy of Tales of Xilla Limited Edition. I was trying to price match that for $29.99 on the website, but it was a no go. He called over the manager anyway because the games were ringing up .02 cents. Anyways, the manager goes and check with the inventory team, and he comes back and says just sell them! I was in shock. So this is definitely the best deal that I ever got from this website! Submitted two to trade to Amazon, and two to Walmart so turning roughly .08 cents into roughly $40. Can't complain. 

Only got 1 Forza and 1 Dead Rising... they only allowed me to buy that and they put them in the back room... :(
Thanks OP. I got 2 Dead Rising 3 and 1 Ryse. Cashier rang it up says do u know what they cost? I said yes they are on clearance. He finished ringing me up and ran and checked for some for himself. I wanted both of these games since getting the One. My son will get other Dead Rising game.

Of course mine didn't have any of the vanilla copies just Game of the Year Forza Apocolypse Edition Dead Rising and Legendary Edition Ryse. I just wanted Ryse and Forza. 

I went in this morning and as I was looking for it an employee comes in and opens the case and starts taking them out. I said " hey can I buy that?" And he said "I know EXACTLY why sir, but sorry you can't manager said yes only once to a guy five minutes ago." If only i was there a few minutes prior -.-

I went in this morning and as I was looking for it an employee comes in and opens the case and starts taking them out. I said " hey can I buy that?" And he said "I know EXACTLY why sir, but sorry you can't manager said yes only once to a guy five minutes ago." If only i was there a few minutes prior -.-
I would have argued "why is it fair for the manager to say yes to someone else but not me? May I speak to that manager?"

I was in self-pity mode for not scoring but after reading yours, i feel cheerful lol

sorry, didnt mean to laugh at your expense but heh, i dont feel that bad anymore (made two attempts and failed thoroughly)...who cares about the 2 cents games, I only buy games if they are 59.99..

Would love any one of these if you guys find extra and want to spread some Christmas cheer.
In order of preference:
Ryse
Forza
DR3

Going to try to hit one store tonight and one tomorrow and will do the same for you if I get lucky #daftpunk

Imthebongo@gmail if you have anything to spare. Thanks!

No go on the games at my TRU. I was at the register and when the games came up as 2 cents, they called the manager and he said "We can't sell these, sorry."

.02 means they are to be pulled and destroyed. I worked inventory for Hastings and we never sold anything at this price. It is not for sale at that point.

Out of boredom I hit up another TRU to see if I can score another. Success! I Got the last copy of Ryse Son of Rome; my second game I was looking for. The cashier was shocked and amazed at the price and congratulated my catch. Man, TRU is killing it since the Summer Clearance sale!

Huge thanks op. Went by my local toys r us to see what they had and only halfway expected this to work. The only one they had was dead rising which was the only one I wanted. Also got a master chief collection to pad the total so it wouldn't look so suspecious. She rang it up and was totally confused. She tried to scan it twice and then called over her manager and showed her, I was pretty sure it was done but the manager was like... Okay and the cashier was like REALLY? And the manager said "we don't argue with the computer" and let it ride. As I was finishing up the girl was telling the cashier beside her that she was buying some to sell.... Pretty sure she's in for a surprise when she goes to ring up the apocalypse edition that they had left.

Just got the xbox one during the big Microsoft store deal and debated keeping it since i already have the ps4 with a ton of games but at this rate I guess I'll keep it, even if only to play exclusives.

So I went wanting DR3 or Ryse in that order. They had the special editions of both for $50 and no normal editions. They did have Forza for 0.02 cents so I of course bought it but I doubt I'll ever play it. I don't play racing sims, don't really enjoy them, but I had to buy it just cause. Never been so upset to get a game for free.

The employee was freaking out though. Called over a colleague and they were both trying to not give it to me. Called up the manager but she never showed so the guy just gave it to me. I told him I only wanted Forza and he rang up all 3 and says "That'll be $100 please." I'm like no I only want the one. Guy kept telling me I was so lucky.

Wouldn't give me 2 copies (for a friend) and immediately pulled the rest. I told the guy it was only the normal and not the special editions during the process of trying to convince the guy to just check me out. So I watched him check behind the specials of DR3 and Ryse as I assume he would have pulled those too. Strangest shopping experience ever.

So I went wanting DR3 or Ryse in that order. They had the special editions of both for $50 and no normal editions. They did have Forza for 0.02 cents so I of course bought it but I doubt I'll ever play it. I don't play racing sims, don't really enjoy them, but I had to buy it just cause. Never been so upset to get a game for free.

The employee was freaking out though. Called over a colleague and they were both trying to not give it to me. Called up the manager but she never showed so the guy just gave it to me. I told him I only wanted Forza and he rang up all 3 and says "That'll be $100 please." I'm like no I only want the one. Guy kept telling me I was so lucky.

Wouldn't give me 2 copies (for a friend) and immediately pulled the rest. I told the guy it was only the normal and not the special editions during the process of trying to convince the guy to just check me out. So I watched him check behind the specials of DR3 and Ryse as I assume he would have pulled those too. Strangest shopping experience ever.
If you're interested in selling Forza pm me.

I was going to hit up the local Toys R Us today knowing they had a bunch in stock from being there just days prior, but some guy who runs a shady game/pawn shop already cleared out the .02 cent games and is reselling them for $25 each. Bastard, lol.

Thanks anyway, OP.

Of course mine didn't have any of the vanilla copies just Game of the Year Forza Apocolypse Edition Dead Rising and Legendary Edition Ryse. I just wanted Ryse and Forza.
Same here. Mine (Greensburg, PA) had the new versions out with no sign of the old ones. I already beat Ryse and DR3, and have Forza digitally anyways...

Yeah they had Ryse and Forza mixed in with the Legendary/GOTY. I had him look thru both to find regular editions. Thanks OP!

No go at the Clearwater Fl store. It was packed in there. Still looking for all 3 and happy to pay shipping plus a little extra I guess. Imthebongo@gmail thanks for the

bread's done
Back