Extreme YMMV: TRU Xbox One Games $0.02

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Last night during my shift at TRU my manager had a bunch of Xbox One launch games pulled aside to "look into" For whatever reason the vanilla versions of

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

are ringing up for $0.02 in the system. He obviously wouldn't let me buy them, and I'm not sure if its a glitch in our system or if its company wide. Their website still lists these titles for their original or sale price. 

I love this site, the deals you all find are crazy.

Has anyone had luck at any of the TRU locations in Orlando?

Last edited by a moderator:
Negative, had a man burger at Umami.
Yeah, those manly burgers are tasty...pork/bacon lardons, yummerzzzz. Too bad they closed the original location on 8th and La Brea (well, some new knock off called "TruBurger" opened up there instead). Landlord no doubt raised the rent sky high when the lease came up.

ik this is super old news…just curious how you guys are ably to find these.  All the games at my TRU are locked in a glass case, o you ask the employee to unlock it so you can sift through?

Yeah. It was actually "used" games left over from the summer clearance blast that never got pulled. I referred to them as "spare cases" because who wants 4 copies of Sing It? :p
Thanks for the info!

Interesting; I might have to check out my local Toys"R"Us. Any other cheap games like this where I can gather some cases? I apologize if another thread has this info.

might give it a shot tonight as i'm driving right by a toys r'us. How can I tell if the games are the vanilla versions verse the new ones?

Thanks for the info!

Interesting; I might have to check out my local Toys"R"Us. Any other cheap games like this where I can gather some cases? I apologize if another thread has this info.
Look for used games that have regular style TRU tags on them and not the round red ones.

Check the upc also. After the summer blast my TRU put a new upc sticker over the game upc. I found some that weren't sticker ed that rang up for pennies but the new upc was a generic code that rang up 9.99 or 19.99 or something

Check the upc also. After the summer blast my TRU put a new upc sticker over the game upc. I found some that weren't sticker ed that rang up for pennies but the new upc was a generic code that rang up 9.99 or 19.99 or something
Yeah, the new UPC sticker has some sort of disclaimer on it. The old ones don't. (I forget what it says)

might give it a shot tonight as i'm driving right by a toys r'us. How can I tell if the games are the vanilla versions verse the new ones?
For Dead Rising, just look for the ones that DON'T say Apocolypse Edition

For Ryse, look for the ones without the Legendary Edition grey bar across the top.

Forza, I haven't been able to find any of these but I assume its just like the other two mentioned.

For Dead Rising, just look for the ones that DON'T say Apocolypse Edition

For Ryse, look for the ones without the Legendary Edition grey bar across the top.

Forza, I haven't been able to find any of these but I assume its just like the other two mentioned.
Thanks bro, will report back in an hour or so.

Success!!!! Can't believe this actually worked. After I went to best buy I decided to stop by and found 1 copy of dead rising and another copy of ryse. Ended up explaining to the worker they were clearance since new versions of the games were coming out and he sold them to me! Grand total of 4 cents.

Success!!!! Can't believe this actually worked. After I went to best buy I decided to stop by and found 1 copy of dead rising and another copy of ryse. Ended up explaining to the worker they were clearance since new versions of the games were coming out and he sold them to me! Grand total of 4 cents.
You got ripped off for a penny! Should have been $.03 total with the current B1G130% off promo. Go back and get a price adjustment... :p :razz: (yes, I'm kidding)

You got ripped off for a penny! Should have been $.03 total with the current B1G130% off promo. Go back and get a price adjustment... :p :razz: (yes, I'm kidding)
Haha I'll go back and complain. Stopped by another Toys R Us on my way home and they were cleaned out, happy with my 2 free games though!

Yeah. It was actually "used" games left over from the summer clearance blast that never got pulled. I referred to them as "spare cases" because who wants 4 copies of Sing It? :p
I do, do you know how much that shyt was worth to MS and cexchange last week? I got 170 from those TRU clearance games.

If you succeed again would you be willing to sell me one of each?

Edit: Just put in an order for 1 of each. What did you say to get it adjusted?
No dice. They said they got an email about a week ago saying it's the wrong SKU or something. However, at one store I got the price for Forza adjusted to the new TRU price of 38.99, then when I returned it at the next store she adjusted it back to my invoice price, so I guess they paid me for my troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back