F.E.A.R. 3 56.99 with $20 Promotional Credit at amazon.com

[quote name='DKRobbie']Hot damn. Sold. Can't link for shit sorry guys but yes. 20 dollar credit for items sold through amazon.[/QUOTE]
There's an "insert link" button right above the text box that you entered this post into. If you can copy and paste, you can make a link. Image:

2yl045s.jpg

Haha...thats so idiot proof for an idiot like me it brings a salty tear to the eye. Thanks for the help monroeski

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks OP and OP's friend with link, ordered as I can always change my mind nearer the time. Plus I've enjoyed FEAR 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

I was blown away at how awesome Fear 2 was. Playing the expansions of the first game on the 360 was a bit of a step back though but still enjoyable. Still want to go back and replay Fear 2...seriously think it's one of the best FPS I've played period.

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks OP and OP's friend with link, ordered as I can always change my mind nearer the time. Plus I've enjoyed FEAR 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

took the words right out of my mouth. this franchise is FREAKY!!! :D

Hmmm this is very tempting. I bet you could play it and trade it back to Amazon or sell it on this site or gametz for around $35.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hmmm this is very tempting. I bet you could play it and trade it back to Amazon or sell it on this site or gametz for around $35.[/QUOTE]

Indeed dude. Thanks to amazon and some of their deals I've made a couple bucks playing a game and trading it back. Awesome :D

I loved the first two FEAR games, which is unusual for me because I rarely play Single player FPS games. I'm usually all about the online multiplayer.

I'm tempted but I feel like FEAR 3 is the kind of game that will be $20 within a few months of release.

[quote name='Puffa469']I loved the first two FEAR games, which is unusual for me because I rarely play Single player FPS games. I'm usually all about the online multiplayer.

I'm tempted but I feel like FEAR 3 is the kind of game that will be $20 within a few months of release.[/QUOTE]

Indeed - I'm waiting for $20 or less

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Indeed - I'm waiting for $20 or less[/QUOTE]

I would have waited for a steam sale at $10ish within a year, but as I said I really bet you can buy this, beat it then sell it for $30-$40. At worst you paid $5 for a rental at best you made $5. Yes I know Amazon credit is not cash so you technically are not making money from the $20 credit..but come on Amazon credit for most of us is as good as cash

[quote name='MSI Magus']I would have waited for a steam sale at $10ish within a year, but as I said I really bet you can buy this, beat it then sell it for $30-$40. At worst you paid $5 for a rental at best you made $5. Yes I know Amazon credit is not cash so you technically are not making money from the $20 credit..but come on Amazon credit for most of us is as good as cash[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that would work. I just never sell my games, so this would essentially be a $40 game for me. And I agree, Amazon credit is as good as cash.

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Indeed - I'm waiting for $20 or less[/QUOTE]

See now this train of thought I don't understand. Do you keep every game you buy? Then I can understand waiting for a price drop. But if you trade it in why wait so long? Example: I preordered Singularity at amazon for 55.99 with the 20 dollar credit. Beat it. Sold it BACK to amazon for 35 bucks. That's basically a dollar I pai to play the game. Most 20 dollar games wouldn't net you those kind of losses.

Oh wow, it's $20 for anything on Amazon AND it applies to PC?! That's a first. Already had it on order, but this seals the deal.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm sure that would work. I just never sell my games, so this would essentially be a $40 game for me. And I agree, Amazon credit is as good as cash.[/QUOTE]

Why not buy it, flip it then rebuy it later? I like to keep most of my games too, but its a smart stratagy. I can think of a lot of games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 that I did this with. Buy em, get the $20 credit, play it, flip it for $35-$40 then rebuy when I see a $10-$15 copy.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh wow, it's $20 for anything on Amazon AND it applies to PC?! That's a first. Already had it on order, but this seals the deal.[/QUOTE]

Really wish it had steam activation. It would make this deal Godly. If I could activate it on steam that alone would make it worth it, but adding in the $20 credit and the ability to activate and flip.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Really wish it had steam activation. It would make this deal Godly. If I could activate it on steam that alone would make it worth it, but adding in the $20 credit and the ability to activate and flip.[/QUOTE]
Complete opposite for me: I wish more developers stuck to this distribution method. If I wanted Steam for my games, I'd buy it from them. Boxed retail has no business forcing you to use that shit.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Why not buy it, flip it then rebuy it later? I like to keep most of my games too, but its a smart stratagy. I can think of a lot of games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 that I did this with. Buy em, get the $20 credit, play it, flip it for $35-$40 then rebuy when I see a $10-$15 copy.[/QUOTE]

It's mostly because I'm lazy/busy (in that order).

If I bought it at launch, I would feel pressured to play it right away so I could flip it while it still had good value. If I just wait until it's $20, I can get it and play it at my leisure. I still have sealed $20 games on my shelf waiting to be played, but it doesnt' bother me because rarely do I see those games go lower than the price I paid for them.

I work long hours, but I make decent money so it's not imperative that I squeeze all the value I can out of my purchases. When I was younger I used to buy from one place, trade in to another, and do everything I could to stretch my gaming dollar. Now I can barely find time to play the games, let alone finish them quick and trade em back in when I'm done. lol

@jodou - Yeah but they can always make it so it does not FORCE you to use steam. If the game just came with a key to activate the product on steam but did not force you to it would be amazing!

@puffa - I can appreciate that. I sometimes do pass on these deals because I tend to like to take a week or two to complete a game vs trying to bust through it in 2 days. I can appreciate how getting older changes your gaming habits too. I just sold off most of my old rare RPGs because I realized id never play them again. I kind of looked at it and thought hmmm I can have all these games id never play again because I will never go through the hassle of buying a standard def TV and hooking it up just to play these.....or I can sell them for a few grand and pump my 401k/IRA up, get a new tattoo and still have a bit left over to take my wife out for a few nice dinners.

Not sure if I feel good about getting old or not....

[quote name='MSI Magus']@jodou - Yeah but they can always make it so it does not FORCE you to use steam. If the game just came with a key to activate the product on steam but did not force you to it would be amazing!

@puffa - I can appreciate that. I sometimes do pass on these deals because I tend to like to take a week or two to complete a game vs trying to bust through it in 2 days. I can appreciate how getting older changes your gaming habits too. I just sold off most of my old rare RPGs because I realized id never play them again. I kind of looked at it and thought hmmm I can have all these games id never play again because I will never go through the hassle of buying a standard def TV and hooking it up just to play these.....or I can sell them for a few grand and pump my 401k/IRA up, get a new tattoo and still have a bit left over to take my wife out for a few nice dinners.

Not sure if I feel good about getting old or not....[/QUOTE]

I actually just a couple of weeks ago setup a 32" SD crt television specifically to hook up and play old consoles. The TV was sitting on the floor of my attic since I moved into this house a couple of years ago and my wife put her foot down and told me to do something with it or get rid of it, lol. So far only the PS2 is hooked up, but I have lots of old systems that I plan to hook up.

As for getting older, not much we can do about it so I try not to let it bother me. I used to laugh at that creepy older guy in the club when I was young. Now if I go out I feel like I'm that guy, but I still like to go out so what can I do?

Getting old sucks! >(

[quote name='Puffa469']I actually just a couple of weeks ago setup a 32" SD crt television specifically to hook up and play old consoles. The TV was sitting on the floor of my attic since I moved into this house a couple of years ago and my wife put her foot down and told me to do something with it or get rid of it, lol. So far only the PS2 is hooked up, but I have lots of old systems that I plan to hook up.

As for getting older, not much we can do about it so I try not to let it bother me. I used to laugh at that creepy older guy in the club when I was young. Now if I go out I feel like I'm that guy, but I still like to go out so what can I do?

Getting old sucks! >([/QUOTE]

Heh I think I actually enjoy getting old. Yeah I keep making the mature choices like selling off my old games and of course my waist line keeps growing. At the same time though my tastes have matured, iv mellowed as a person and my bank account keeps growing. I mean being at a place where I can decide if I want to have a kid in a year or two or knock down a wall and build a giant entertainment room with a wrap around couch and 100 inch high def screen projector....it is an odd but very good place to be.

Hey though as I always say, the day I shave my mohawk is the day I know iv lost the battle and become an old man ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']@jodou - Yeah but they can always make it so it does not FORCE you to use steam. If the game just came with a key to activate the product on steam but did not force you to it would be amazing![/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind it if you were given options, but with Steamworks it has always been 'their way or the highway'.

Nice one OP.

Preordered the 360 and PC version. Nice price especially on the PC version. I haven't played any games in the series so not sure if I'll keep it, but locking it in for now.

So hot. They ACTUALLY applied the credit to the PC version, too. $47-20=27, new version of FEAR 3 (not F3AR)! Nice.

Thanks, Amazon, for finally giving the PC users some love.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Why not buy it, flip it then rebuy it later? I like to keep most of my games too, but its a smart stratagy. I can think of a lot of games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 that I did this with. Buy em, get the $20 credit, play it, flip it for $35-$40 then rebuy when I see a $10-$15 copy.[/QUOTE]

+1 This is what I do. The initial "rental" costs basically nothing and you still get to play the game on release day.

I bought F.E.A.R. for the PC when it first came out and loved it. Bullet time, good AI and a couple "jump out of my seat" scares. Then played Extraction Point expansion and thought it was just another shooter (it was developed by a different developer).

Bought F.E.A.R. 2 for the PS3 at TRU for $4 last fall and did not feel it lived up to my memory of the first game. It didn't suck me into the story like the first (with all it's voicemail messages) and I didn't think the AI was as good either.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I bought F.E.A.R. for the PC when it first came out and loved it. Bullet time, good AI and a couple "jump out of my seat" scares. Then played Extraction Point expansion and thought it was just another shooter (it was developed by a different developer).

Bought F.E.A.R. 2 for the PS3 at TRU for $4 last fall and did not feel it lived up to my memory of the first game. It didn't suck me into the story like the first (with all it's voicemail messages) and I didn't think the AI was as good either.[/QUOTE]

Heh the first FEAR is the only game to ever make me litterally jump. I compltly took my hands off my mouse and keyboard and got killed as a result. I was in a room with 3 of those guys that pop in and out of visibilty....problem was I thought there were only 2 so I killed the two then went to backtrack like 4 rooms for a health kit I had seen earlier. I grabbed the health kit and as I turned around one of those invisible guys popped out of thin air and attacked me. Had no freaking clue there were 3 so it was shocking. Not only had a missed a guy but that guy actually followed me through a few minutes of back tracking ;)

Edit - Ok now its made me jump out of my seat twice. I am actually playing through the second FEAR Xpack(Just got the first two games and Xpacks at Steam Christmas sale)and a story part totally just scared me. Kind of funny that a game never scared me till this one. Its not like haunting my dreams or making me scared to go to bed or anything, but its had a few good frights.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Heh the first FEAR is the only game to ever make me litterally jump. I compltly took my hands off my mouse and keyboard and got killed as a result. I was in a room with 3 of those guys that pop in and out of visibilty....problem was I thought there were only 2 so I killed the two then went to backtrack like 4 rooms for a health kit I had seen earlier. I grabbed the health kit and as I turned around one of those invisible guys popped out of thin air and attacked me. Had no freaking clue there were 3 so it was shocking. Not only had a missed a guy but that guy actually followed me through a few minutes of back tracking ;)

Edit - Ok now its made me jump out of my seat twice. I am actually playing through the second FEAR Xpack(Just got the first two games and Xpacks at Steam Christmas sale)and a story part totally just scared me. Kind of funny that a game never scared me till this one. Its not like haunting my dreams or making me scared to go to bed or anything, but its had a few good frights.[/QUOTE]

I remember jumping when I was turning around to climb down a ladder and all of a suddent the girl was there. Totally was not expecting it and it caused my heart to skip a beat.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I remember jumping when I was turning around to climb down a ladder and all of a suddent the girl was there. Totally was not expecting it and it caused my heart to skip a beat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are def cheap scares, but scares none the less. Though to be fair the game even if it has not scared me deep down on a psychological level that lingers after you stop playing, it has scared me for the fact that I may die in games a few times. Well the Xpacks have at least(main game did not scare me a single time) Those parts where like you fall through the floor and the ghost like guys start coming after you or the fire slowly starts to move towards you got in my head a bit. Sometimes they did not hurt you and it was just like a cut scene, other times they would kill you if you let it touch you.

i hate getting old. im only 27 and got way too many kids and too many bills, so i try to keep playing cheap vid games and toking kb to keep myself distracted ;) . graduated with magna cum laude but still getting min. wage. i gotta fix this situation.

oh yeah and i may jump on this for $37 and trade back in, but i dont know if the tiv is gonna hold. i got fear2 release day for 40 and decided to just keep it cuz the tiv was so low out of the gate. peace cags

[quote name='Velo214']i hate getting old. im only 27 and got way too many kids and too many bills, so i try to keep playing cheap vid games and toking kb to keep myself distracted ;) . graduated with magna cum laude but still getting min. wage. i gotta fix this situation.

oh yeah and i may jump on this for $37 and trade back in, but i dont know if the tiv is gonna hold. i got fear2 release day for 40 and decided to just keep it cuz the tiv was so low out of the gate. peace cags[/QUOTE]

I never know how to respond to your acount since its a shared husband/wife deal and you never know who your responding to heh. So I will respond to both.

Him - Look on the bright side, you married one of the hottest punk/gamer girls I have ever seen. If you never accomplsh anything in your life again you are one ahead of most of us ;)

Her - Look on the bright side you ARE one of the hottes....heh kidding. Assuming that is him in your current avatar your husband has one of the manliest beards around though!

Don't count on TIV for this brand to be too high after its release.

Dead Space 2 dropped like a rock.......not just retail but TIV as well!

bread's done
Back