F.E.A.R (360) Discussion - Demo on XBL now

[quote name='rabbitt']I have mixed feelings on FEAR's graphics. I was impressed by the bullet holes and enemy character models, however, everything else seemed only decent. Your characters' arms seem out of place and all of the levels' pieces seemed glued down. What I mean by this is that the dumpsters and trashbags (shelves, desks, etc.) look like they were layed down by the developers without much thought.[/QUOTE]

They did that because the game requires a beast of a PC to run and adding something like a physics engine would probably have made it impossible for most to run at a stable frame rate. Monolith laid things out in a way that was really fitting. The majority of the game takes place around office buildings which is why things are laid out in this manner.

Although the graphics suck, it is suprising to hear all the hate given towards FEAR. FEAR is the best first person shooter since Half Life 2 and as far as a a pure shooter experience it is superior. Monolith makes really great games and FEAR is the best thing they have done since NOLF2. I played through it two or three times and enjoyed it every time I played it.

What the demo consists of are a combination of the early stages in the game. Most of the real action is found later in the game and the gunfights are much better later in the game than the ones found in the demo.

If they release a version for us pussies out there that can't take that damn girl, then I'm all over it. Maybe throw in a huggable teddy bear as a pre-order bonus so I have something to hold at night in the dark.

Damn you, demon girl, why do you have to be in this game. I just want some damn slo-mo, ass-kicking, gun-toting mayhem.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']If they release a version for us pussies out there that can't take that damn girl, then I'm all over it. Maybe throw in a huggable teddy bear as a pre-order bonus so I have something to hold at night in the dark.

Damn you, demon girl, why do you have to be in this game. I just want some damn slo-mo, ass-kicking, gun-toting mayhem.[/quote]

I don't think a teddy bear walking down a hall of blood will be any less creepy then a girl walking down a hall of blood.

Demo was fun as hell but the controls need some tightening, and the graphics on a SDTV didn't seem super compared to say call COD or Ghost Recon.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Demo was fun as hell but the controls need some tightening, and the graphics on a SDTV didn't seem super compared to say call COD or Ghost Recon.[/QUOTE]

The graphics on an HDTV didn't even seem comparable to COD 2 or Ghost Recon, trust me.

I just played it, and Day 1 Studios is a hack job... this game should be comparable to the PC version, and instead it looks like a fucking Xbox 1 game. I just hope this is some kind of early demo they had laying around and the full game will be much better.

When CoD 2 and Prey can match their PC counterparts, there is no reason at all why F.E.A.R can't, or at least come close.

I wanted this one at launch but I will definitely pass and probably get CoD 3 instead.

I felt like I was fighting the controls too much. Plus, what's up with the sliding down the ladder animation - terrible.

It was a fun demo, but I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it new.

[quote name='lukenot']I felt like I was fighting the controls too much. Plus, what's up with the sliding down the ladder animation - terrible.
.[/QUOTE]

Yea, what the hell was that? It was choppy as hell going down the ladder.

yeah, the ladder thing is pretty weird.

i'm assuming this demo is older and not representative of the final version

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, the ladder thing is pretty weird.

i'm assuming this demo is older and not representative of the final version[/QUOTE]

I hope to hell it is.

You guys make excellent points but I still loved it. Didn't have problems with the controls, graphics could be better, should be better. Gameplay is where its all at though. Right at the end of the demo where
the guy breaks through the ceiling and starts shooting at you
seemed pretty intense.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']^seemed pretty strange. Compairable to Condemmed, in ways.[/QUOTE]

FEAR does have quite a few similarities to Condemned which... should be expected since they're from the same developer. A lot of the style that Condemned had carries over to FEAR as well. FEAR is clearly a superior game though.

[quote name='Chacrana']FEAR does have quite a few similarities to Condemned which... should be expected since they're from the same developer. A lot of the style that Condemned had carries over to FEAR as well. FEAR is clearly a superior game though.[/QUOTE]

Same engine too.

And, for the record, Monolith rocks!

[quote name='valor19']Same engine too.

And, for the record, Monolith rocks![/QUOTE]

Monolith rocks, but Day 1 Studios can fuck off.

If they are the same engine it's crazy how Condemned looks 100 times better. They bastardized my favorite PC game that my PC can barely handle... F.E.A.R was one of the big reasons I got a 360, since I figured the 360 could handle it pretty damn well.

[quote name='mvp828']it is an older demo, seeing as it is the same exact one that was given in oxm back in the beginning of august[/QUOTE]
That's not that old.

[quote name='zewone']That's not that old.[/quote]

You gotta figure that they had to have the demo ready for pressing in July. The game doesnt come out till November. A lot can and probobly will change from July to release date. Atleast it has in most demos.

Has anyone heard if they are going to include Extraction Point? I read back near E3 that there was talk of including it in the 360 version. I would get it for 40 if it did and they polished up the graphics (I am assuming they will and pray the demo is not representative of the final game since I remember reading that the Xbox version was supposed to be graphically superior.

bread's done
Back