F.E.A.R. Combat, Available NOW! (1.76GB)

menikmati

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/08/f-e-a-r-multiplayer-now-the-low-low-price-of-zero/

From Joystiq:"Sierra announced today that their award-winning PC first-person shooter F.E.A.R. will now have its multiplayer component be available for free to gamers. Renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, anyone with a good Internet connection and rig to play the game, will be able to download it at no cost starting Thursday, Aug. 17.

The entire thing will be a complete package including "all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file."

Can we get a "hell yeah!" for this? Good job Sierra on building up some brand loyalty.

Check after the break for the full press release.

SIERRA ANNOUNCES F.E.A.R. COMBAT

F.E.A.R. Multiplayer to be made available for free.

LOS ANGELES, CA – (August 8th, 2006) – Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.™(First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:
will now have its multiplayer component be available for free to gamers. Renamed
  • 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
  • 19 Multiplayer Maps.
  • 12 different weapons.
  • Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
  • The capability to download user generated content.
To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

To get more information on F.E.A.R. Combat, please visit www.whatisfear.com or www.fearfans.com.

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.
"

Looks like I'm going to be downloading this on my main PC rig and my MacBook Pro.

Released, go to www.joinfear.com to get your CD key and start playing.

So this is gonna be free even if you didn't buy FEAR to begin with? It sure seems to be worded that way anyway. If that really is the situation, this deal's awesome!

You know, with this game its really all about the single player experience.

The multyplayer is just insane run and gun where all you do is shoot people constantly in a small area. 90% of the time its spawn in and get shot instantly. There where never alot of people on so this makes sense to why they are giving it away now. Because for free the price is right for this thing.

If you like that kind of stuff... but for free, might as well give it a shot..

FEAR's multiplayer is one of the single greatest multiplayer games i've ever played this is going to kick major ass, more people will be playing!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Kaijufan']How much do you guys want to bet that if this was released on the 360 it wouldn't be free?[/QUOTE]

It is being released on the 360, the demo will be in next month's OXM. I'm sure it wont be free though, but for now the PC version multiplayer will be.

Loved the single player of this game, but I never put much time into multiplayer. Maybe this will mean a big resurgance of n00bs, and I wont feel so bad anymore.

[quote name='mr ryles']sweet just bought FEAR a few days ago. Maybe I'll cram and try to beat the single player before this comes out.[/quote]

I have bought it recently too and it was next in line after I beat Doom 3 but now I think I will do the same and try to beat the single player so I have some experience for the multiplayer. I wish more companies would do this for their multiplayer like Quake IV and Doom 3.

i tried the demo for multiplayer last time and didnt like it...i might try it once more though...for the "full experience" before judging it

[quote name='jalu6']It is being released on the 360, the demo will be in next month's OXM. I'm sure it wont be free though, but for now the PC version multiplayer will be.
[/quote]
What I meant was if FEAR was out for the 360 and they were releasing Fear Combat on the marketplace.
I hope the 360 version of FEAR includes all this stuff, since I'll likely be getting that version at some point.

When I filled out the CD Key information it kept bouncung me back to page one after page 2 instead of onto the final page three. anybody else have that problem?

[quote name='mingleje']When I filled out the CD Key information it kept bouncung me back to page one after page 2 instead of onto the final page three. anybody else have that problem?[/QUOTE]

It did that to me, but it sent me the CD key. Check your email.

I can't get the game to install. I click the icon and nothing happens. This same thing happened a while back when I was trying to install the demo.

You have to give it a while. A LONG while. Be patient.

I didn't think mine was doing anything either, so I walked away for a half hour and when I came back it had done its thing.

[quote name='keithp']You have to give it a while. A LONG while. Be patient.

I didn't think mine was doing anything either, so I walked away for a half hour and when I came back it had done its thing.[/quote]

That didn't work. I clicked the icon and left my computer and when I came back my computer was in sleep. So there were no programs running.

This sucks. The game sounds so awesome, but I cant play it :cry:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Yeah, this game is really fucking awesome online. The real time enviromental destruction (even though it's only cosmetic) is fucking AMAZING.[/quote]

You people make it sound so awesome. I want to play!!!

bread's done
Back