F.Y.E. warehouse closeout: Halo 3 $10 after rebate, other deals, YMMV

judge-z

CAGiversary!
Stopped at my local FYE Superstore (Transit Road in Lancaster/Depew, NY) on my 3 year old daughter's whim, and man did that kid earn an extra helping of ice cream!

They had signs up for and boxes full of "warehouse closeout" games at 50-75% off their marked price. Five boxes of the expected crap (C-list PS2, X-box and GBA games as well as some beat up guides) later, I hit paydirt - a box full of some good games! They had a ton of Halo 3 limited and regular editions, both for $30 after the discount. They must have been sitting in a warehouse forever, as they had stickers on them warning against breaking the street date!

$30 was cheap enough for me, so I snagged that along with a copy of EDF 2017 for $10. I was pleasantly surprised to receive, at the register, a mail in rebate form for another $20 off of Halo 3! The rebate is only good until August 12, however (though you have until September to mail it in).

There were other games as well, including some decent DS titles and a few other 360 games that I wasn't interested in, but others might be (like The Darkness, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and others.) Not sure if any others come with a rebate.

As a caveat, these are the H3 boxes that had problems with the discs coming loose. Mine was fine, and if you had a problem, I'm sure you'd be able to return it - there were no all sales final warnings.

Good hunting!

My store had a similar deal afew months ago, I picked up 2 copies of Halo 3:CE, the disks inside the case were scratched to heck and the store wouldnt take them back and M$ wanted $20 per disk as replacements.

I was able to grab a copy of Burnout Paradise for PS3 for 30.00 bucks last week. I was pretty stoked about that.

I think I'm the only person in America who absolutely loved EDF 2017. I probably got 35 hours out of it, and my friends got about ten minutes out of it before getting bored.

Unfortunately, I live in the part of Connecticut where there's nothing within ten miles of me. I think I might be too lazy to drive ten miles for an FYE that may or may not have cheap games.

[quote name='kicking222']I think I'm the only person in America who absolutely loved EDF 2017. I probably got 35 hours out of it, and my friends got about ten minutes out of it before getting bored.

Unfortunately, I live in the part of Connecticut where there's nothing within ten miles of me. I think I might be too lazy to drive ten miles for an FYE that may or may not have cheap games.[/quote]

Nope, you werent't the only one in the US to love EDF, I loved that game and still have it, put about 30 hrs into it before moving on.

Anyone else looking for EDF 2017 should check Blockbuster stores. $6.99 used, and B1G1 Free on $14.99 and under game for a while longer. Just found one for myself yesterday.

MjC

[quote name='kicking222']I think I'm the only person in America who absolutely loved EDF 2017. I probably got 35 hours out of it, and my friends got about ten minutes out of it before getting bored.

Unfortunately, I live in the part of Connecticut where there's nothing within ten miles of me. I think I might be too lazy to drive ten miles for an FYE that may or may not have cheap games.[/quote]

Nope, I loved it too. Not only that, but I am from Connecticut as well. Now if we could only get a sequel to it...

[quote name='kicking222']I think I'm the only person in America who absolutely loved EDF 2017. I probably got 35 hours out of it, and my friends got about ten minutes out of it before getting bored.[/quote]

Haha you would be so wrong there... I have enjoyed over 30 hours of that game too. my friend would come over and we would play that for hours and hours and suddenly be all "omg its dark out... w/e" and keep playing. But 30 hours played in it and I still havent beaten it on the second hardest difficulty >

Glad to see some local CAG in Wny. i seen the sale at the Fye in Hamburg, NY. They have 75% of games most ps2 and xbox with some Ds and Psp and 369 titles and a few ps3 games mixed in. They have 75% off guides also.

[quote name='Sinnbox']My store had a similar deal afew months ago, I picked up 2 copies of Halo 3:CE, the disks inside the case were scratched to heck and the store wouldnt take them back and M$ wanted $20 per disk as replacements.[/QUOTE]

There's something wrong with the case on the CE of Halo 3 where the discs don't stay in the case and take a beating. We had somebody buy it at my TRU, and they went through 3 of them, all scratched up badly. Opened right in front of us too, so we knew they weren't just switching discs or anythnig.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Nope, I loved it too. Not only that, but I am from Connecticut as well. Now if we could only get a sequel to it...[/quote]
I loved it

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']There's something wrong with the case on the CE of Halo 3 where the discs don't stay in the case and take a beating. We had somebody buy it at my TRU, and they went through 3 of them, all scratched up badly. Opened right in front of us too, so we knew they weren't just switching discs or anythnig.[/quote]

Yep, the disc holders in that case are horrible. For awhile, Microsoft was replacing the discs for free.

bread's done
Back