Fable 3 free on Xbox Games on Demand

Great find OP. I tried playing the Fable 2 that was free when I had no Interwebs and got some strange message that this game was not available at the time. Did not know that Microsoft had already started the "Need to be connected to play" until my interwebs was down.

Hope this does not happen with this game.

Anyone have any clue if this is on purpose or a mess up? Is Fable having an anniversary sometime soon or something happening at E3 tomorrow?

Cheers

48 Hour or 14 day subs DO NOT WORK!
How do you know this? Someone above said it didn't work for him but he's in another country.
I tried it myself. All Gold-Exclusive deals require at least a 1 month sub, not trials. I do not think regions matter in this instance.

Doesn't work in Australia though.

I think you're right and I bet Microsoft does this on purpose and waits for these deals to go viral. It's not a coincidence that the same thing happened with Fable 2 a while ago. They would have fixed it by now if it were a mistake.

I traded in my Fable 3 for borderlands 2 a while back, had a few achievements I still needed to get so this is great, thanks OP.

I think you're right and I bet Microsoft does this on purpose and waits for these deals to go viral. It's not a coincidence that the same thing happened with Fable 2 a while ago. They would have fixed it by now if it were a mistake.
Fable 2 was free when Fable 3 was coming out and I know they're making an HD version of Fable 1, so this is probably for that because it'll be shown at E3.

My sis woke me up by texting me but I went here to see how to get it. Thanks. I wonder if anything else is free. I'm using the free month gold.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Thanks OP :) made me day

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been wanting for a free games on demand game for awhile... (since the last one of assassins creed 3) but.... i was hoping it'd be a game i'd at least want to download... but this game i won't even download.....

i've been wanting for a free games on demand game for awhile... (since the last one of assassins creed 3) but.... i was hoping it'd be a game i'd at least want to download... but this game i won't even download.....
Its much better than that boring drivel that was AC3 that I couldnt even play past the hour mark it was so dull.

Sorry

Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

:(

Edit:
Thanks for buying Fable III!
Your game will appear in My Games on your Xbox 360 console when the download is complete.

:)

Heh - I don't get it.  When I go and select it, it just says "Play Now".  And I'm pretty sure I never bought it before and it does not show up in my download history either.  I even logged in with my son's account and it says the same thing.  WTF!?

I got Fable III as part of a bundle with a 360 I bought a while back but it was the disc version which I have sitting right here.

Oh wait - this must just be because I have it installed to the HD.  On the web site it wants to charge me $19.99 for it - not free there.  I guess I will delete it from the HD on my 360 and try "buying" it there again.

Ok, that was it - so if you ever had the game installed you have to delete it first.  Wacky...

Anyway, I got it for both me and my son.  I'm not sure why there's all this talk of having to click here and there and do all these strange things ("pay with points" and such).  It simply shows up as "free" on the marketplace on the 360.  Easy as pie.  I'm still not entirely convinced I'm not just downloading the demo though... (OK, on the web site it says "already purchased" now so I'm good!).  Now I just need to play one of these Fable games some day!

And when the hell did I miss Ass Creed III being free!?  Yeah, I haven't heard great things about it but my son was just playing it today and wants the DLC.  I'd have loved to be able to trade the disc in and have him use a free downloaded version.  It's amazing that even given how much time I spend on this site I still miss deals and dont' even know I missed them till someone mentions it (weeks/months?) later!

You need a credit card on the account... sucks for us
I'm pretty sure there is no CC on my son's account and I got it no problem for him. Are you doing it on the 360 (vs. the web site)?

I'm trying to double check that right now but the xbox.com site is giving me problems now - keep getting errors.

Edit: OK, finally got through. No, he has no card on his account. And your post reminded me to remove the 3 forms of payment from my account (that were on there when I bought all the cheap MS points a few weeks back - wanted to wait till they all got delivered before I removed them which I just did now!).

You need a credit card on the account... sucks for us
You should have an option to "Use Microsoft Points" (I removed my CC info from my account). Select that and you should be able to download it. (I only had 100 points in my account.) Worked fine on the Xbox.com site.

Also, thanks OP - still working fine as of 6:40am EST.

Walking Dead Ep 1 is also free...

I haven't gotten around to playing that, either, so I queued that up.

Uf27VAB.jpg

I have a US account, but I'm currently in Japan, so the transaction kept failing.  I had to use the TunnelBear VPN to get it to work.  Thanks.

here's a question...I downloaded it not thinking about switching to points and I guess it used credit card, now it was free, but what could happen

bread's done
Back