Fable II (360) $40 & Ninjatown (DS) $20 at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_264_mini.jpg[/rightimg]Select in-store pickup or get them shipped for $2.99.

xbox360.gif
Fable II $39.99
ds.gif
Ninjatown $19.99 (CAG review)

Picked up by the CAG Price Tracker

Update: According to Xbox Live, $39.99 appears to be the new MSRP for Fable II

Last edited by a moderator:
Fable II is tempting at that price, but that will probably be the normal price by the time I get around to playing it

[quote name='perdition(troy']just go get it price adjusted.[/QUOTE]

You'd figured the forum would know this by now after the huge $10 sale

[quote name='nwaugh']I may hold out for Fable II: Lost Chapters.[/quote]

I wishing for the same thing, but things are looking grim on that front though.

Ninjatown is incredibly cutesy, but the game is designed with some hardcore people in mind. Not necessarily in mechanics(though to say that the game is a complete cakewalk would be wrong), but in fads, humor and such(over 9000 appears, etc). It's obvious that the developers are nerds too, and spiced up the game wherever they could. The game is a tower defense game using ninjas, and your main head character can use special powers like blowing the enemies back or slowing them down. The game isn't bad, I'll probably give in at this price... if I have the money.

Great catch by the price tracker, I need to actually start using it.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']You got a problem with mini-ninjas?[/quote]

I am so getting Mini Ninjas
http://www.minininjas.com/us/
Really!

Re. Ninjatown. When I read about it b4, it really caught my eyes but it was just too much for what I wanted to spend for this type of gameplay. $20 is very tempting... but really... it will just be added to my backlog probably never to be opened...

:(

If you bought Fable II recently go get it adjusted SOON! They will allow it but I don't know what the time limit is.

Best Buy FTW this week, Fable II is definitely worth the $40.

I wonder if Fable II is worth it for $40 since I've already beaten the game. If you have not played it yet, Fable II is a solid game.

I would probably hold off on Fable 2 -since it will be bundled in with the elites shortly. That only means a flood of them traded in....all new. So Gamestop & Game Crazy will most likely drop the price to push the product out the door. We already have drawers full of Lego Indy, Marvel UA, Sega Superstar Tennis, Kung Fu Panda, Forza 2, and Xbox Live Arcade disks.........and shortly Halo 3 and Fable 2. If all else fails wait for a bonus (like 20% off used or B2G1) sale. After all, this is Cheap Ass Gamer. We've waited this long, why not another few weeks?
Just my two cents worth

[quote name='daminion']Keep those receipts. Fable 2 is in the ad next week for $29.99[/quote]

Just saw that myself and was coming to post it. $29 is my threshhold, think I'm finally going to buy.

[quote name='daminion']Keep those receipts. Fable 2 is in the ad next week for $29.99[/quote]

I'm tempted to wait for it to drop to $20 but I think I might pull the trigger at that price. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm very tempted to bite on Fable II ($29.99), but like ctice44 said, the market will be flooded with new "used" copies by the middle of May. I think I will hold off for now considering my backlog is about 8 games deep.

Don't buy yet. $39.99 is now the regular price so expect to find it even cheaper on sale. Infact Newegg has it for $36.99 w/ free shipping. When Midnight Club LA dropped to $39.99, Fry's had it for $33.

Ninjatown is really fun. Don't let the graphics turn you away.... I got it awhile back and have really enjoyed it. It's a fun tower defense game with lots of personality...

bread's done
Back