Fable II: Game of the Year Edition $59.99 (not confirmed)

Oh come on. Fable 2 was definitely not game of the year. LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead: fine. But no way was Fable 2 game of the year.

why do GOTY games always get posted as deals? its MSRP $60 correct?

Its a great game, but they should call all these games something other than GOTY.

[quote name='letsgetacid']A lot of people would disagree with you. I have no opinion, not having played it. But I'm sure it's been GOTY in places.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that... but I guess if it was GotY with fablefans.com (just pulled the website out of my ass), than could you probably release a GotY version.:lol:

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']According to 1up, a Game of the Year edition of Fable 2 is appearing on multiple sites.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175611
It will apparently include both the Knothole Island and See the Future DLC packs, and 1up speculates that it will be $59.99. No mention of the limited edition Halo DLC...[/QUOTE]

The Limited Edition content was EXCLUSIVE. It won't be part of this.

the funny thing about it winning x-plays game of the year is that it didn't win rpg of the year, that went to fallout 3. I don't know how that makes any sense

[quote name='jrsmaster411']the funny thing about it winning x-plays game of the year is that it didn't win rpg of the year, that went to fallout 3. I don't know how that makes any sense[/QUOTE]

Because Fable 2 was a sim. You get married, have a kid, then get divorced. The you bang a lot of chicks and get std's. Then you drink all the time and get fat because all the jobs suck. :lol:

As I am sure everyone knows by now, GotY for some titles does not mean it's literally the GoTY, it mainly has to do with how many copies the game sold, just like Platinum Hits.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Fable II was terrible. I loved the first one and bought this at launch, but no matter how many times I try to play it I just can't seem to find any redeeming qualities. I've never been more disappointed with a game recently, so needless to say I don't think its worth dropping another $60 on.

Oh yeah, it did win X-Plays GotY. I remember laughing so hard when I heard that it won a GotY... and than I laughed even harder when I found out it really did win a GotY.

[quote name='bvharris']I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Fable II was terrible. I loved the first one and bought this at launch, but no matter how many times I try to play it I just can't seem to find any redeeming qualities. I've never been more disappointed with a game recently, so needless to say I don't think its worth dropping another $60 on.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree. I just finished the main quest yesterday and it seemed like it wanted to be Zelda-esque and ended up being a poorly designed fantasy game with a shallow storyline and crap gameplay.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Because it comes with both DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

HOORAY for mediocrity!

Actually, I was wondering when they'd do that. The Fallout 3 one they keep saying may be out by the holiday season's going to be outstanding! Fable 2? Not so much.

Unless they're packed with a ton of DLC (LBP, FO3) content, GOTY versions are so stupid.

EDIT: That being said, it's a smart move by the publishers, but I just personally dislike this trend.

[quote name='bvharris']I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Fable II was terrible. I loved the first one and bought this at launch, but no matter how many times I try to play it I just can't seem to find any redeeming qualities. I've never been more disappointed with a game recently, so needless to say I don't think its worth dropping another $60 on.[/QUOTE]

Now I dont think its terrible, Id have to agree that its not as good a game as some would have you believe. After playing the original, it felt more like its trying to make up for the orginal expectations while not treading any new ground. I still beat it (with the halo gear which was awsome) but I just dont know if its as GOTY worth as L4D fallout, or MGS. Of course this is all just IMO.

[quote name='dallow']Unless they're packed with a ton of DLC (LBP, FO3) content, GOTY versions are so stupid.

EDIT: That being said, it's a smart move by the publishers, but I just personally dislike this trend.[/QUOTE]

I love it. Play the game, then when DLC comes out you can wait for a potential GOTY version and rent that too. This doesn't always work out in some cases of games, but I can live without it. I hate buying DLC.

Hell yes, this was game of the year! I haven't played a game this much since final fantasy 6. Love this game. Every other turd can put GOTY on the cover, so Fable 2 most certainly can.

[quote name='Japakneez']wait for it to appear on amazon. gears of war 2 goty is there for $37. msrp is 50 and it looks like it has all DLC[/QUOTE]

Since when does GOW2 have a GOTY edition? Looks like the normal edition, and I looked at the link, but it doesnt say anything different than the regular edition. Actually less than the regular edition.

[quote name='nnthomas']I love it. Play the game, then when DLC comes out you can wait for a potential GOTY version and rent that too. This doesn't always work out in some cases of games, but I can live without it. I hate buying DLC.[/QUOTE]Hmm, well that's true. I forget the group that doesn't really like to buy DLC or do anything online for that matter.

But like you said, few games get this kind of treatment.

Forty dollars would be a deal, in my book. I could buy it used with some points and have it for under "retail" price.

[quote name='tankass']Since when does GOW2 have a GOTY edition? Looks like the normal edition, and I looked at the link, but it doesnt say anything different than the regular edition. Actually less than the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Here is updated CoverArt. Says "Complete Collection" on it

74-103-137-02.jpg

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/74-103-137-02.jpg

Wow this GOTY edition trend is getting out of hand. I think they are all good games but its a little ridiculous to go into a store and see 6 games all with GOTY on the cover.

As far as the deal quality of this game, there is none. Fallout 3 GOTY is a deal, this is just an every day price. You can get Fable 2 for 30 dollars and just buy the two dlcs for 20 if you choose.

[quote name='Treythalomew']As far as the deal quality of this game, there is none. Fallout 3 GOTY is a deal, this is just an every day price. You can get Fable 2 for 30 dollars and just buy the two dlcs for 20 if you choose.[/QUOTE]

And then what? You get rid of Fable 2 and you are stuck with two pieces of zeroes and ones.

I did not know GOW2 had a GOTY version (it includes All Fronts?), I might just trade my old fluff in and buy that instead.

quick question that is sort of relevant:

if i play a GOTY version of a game, does my save data from the normal version carry over?

i mostly ask since i'm interested in buying the GOTY fallout (since it has $50 of DLC already), but i would possibly get fable 2 GOTY as well (if it was around $30).

i kinda assume the data does carry over, but a friend of mine had lost planet, and then got lost planet: colonies edition and the data didn't transfer.

Lol. With the chicken kicking, I don't see the PETA gave the GotY to Fable 2 unless I'm mistaking PETA for something else... Nonetheless, I'll wait till it goes down in price along with Fallout 3 GotY when it comes out...

These are deal to those who say they're not because you get dlc and can save you money. Fallout 3 GOTY is also a deal since you save 45$ of dlc.

I loved fable 2, but it has absolutely no replay value when you are done. I have bought nearly every real estate piece, found all the hidden achievements, and have millions in cash. I have every achievement except that stupid doll one that requires trading with people online, and the multiplayer experience was extremely poorly done, just thrown in there as a crap add on to say it had MP. I also got pissed that there was an achievement hat required pubgames, but was lucky enough to get a free pubgames when they gave it away online. Anyhow, fable 2 was a great game for a solo play through but lacks replay value or any good MP option, so I won't be spending any on DLC for it.

Lotta hate for fable 2 here. I feel compelled to say I loved it. Buying property and earning revenue from it was really fun for me. Actually every interaction with townspeople was awesome. Marriage, sex with hookers, 3 somes, never did get an std but I had 2 families with kids. Training your dog to do tricks with you, dancing ridiculously to draw a crowd, maybe pulling out your sword after and killing them all.

I guess it was the freedom. Game of the year? Well not in a year with Fallout 3. But one of the games of the year? Was for me.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']the funny thing about it winning x-plays game of the year is that it didn't win rpg of the year, that went to fallout 3. I don't know how that makes any sense[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of back in 2004 (I think?) when Half-Life 2 won best FPS but Halo 2 won GotY.

so no one really answered my question from before...will GOTY editions of games use the save data from regular versions of the games?

[quote name='y2jasper']so no one really answered my question from before...will GOTY editions of games use the save data from regular versions of the games?[/QUOTE]
Oblivion does... SO I'm going to go ahead and guess yes.

[quote name='y2jasper']so no one really answered my question from before...will GOTY editions of games use the save data from regular versions of the games?[/QUOTE] I would guess that the days of save files from the original version of a game not working with re-releases are pretty much behind us. Where as Fabel 1's director's cut was actually a different came with the extra content hard coded into the game itself, Fabel 2's GOTY will likely follow the trend of including the original game disc + an extra disc with the existing DLC.

[quote name='y2jasper']so no one really answered my question from before...will GOTY editions of games use the save data from regular versions of the games?[/QUOTE]
This Fable II: GOTY edition should work with regular Fable II files because it is speculated to include already released DLC, not new game modes, characters, weapons, and features like Lost Planet: Colonies. As most GOTY editions include only the respective game's previously released DLC, Lost Planet: Colonies differed in that it was a rebuild of the original game (it was a totally new version which would have different game saves, and that's why Lost Planet: Colonies was not compatible with Lost Planet: Extreme Condition).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That reminds me of back in 2004 (I think?) when Half-Life 2 won best FPS but Halo 2 won GotY.[/QUOTE]
X-Play, like many other reviews sources, like to prevent their overall GOTY winner from also winning in its sub-genre, as to be fair and spread the awards with the other contenders.

I thought Fable 2 was a fantastic game... enjoyed the combat, story and the whole buying and selling properties thing. I wouldn't say it was my GOTY (That would have to go to Fallout) but it still deserves this packaging at least. Now i don't know if these 2 DLC packs + the game warrant the $60 price tag, you can find the game below $30 right now and another $30 for the DLC seems outrageous.

[quote name='robpe36']Oh come on. Fable 2 was definitely not game of the year. LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead: fine. But no way was Fable 2 game of the year.[/QUOTE]

Well now-a-days everything that gets higher than an average of 2.5 in reviews is claimed as GOTY.

Also this may not be a deal, but it may be slightly cheaper for those looking to buy the game and get the DLC or for those who would rather it be all disc content.

Oh well.... i think the only people that should be allowed to make GOTY edition is Bethesda because they don't kill the box art when they do it (LBP adding a giant sticker) and the fact that Bethesda's GOTY are usually just their GOLD or bundled games while LBP and Fable 2 would/are just putting small DLC into their game and jacking up the price.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Because it comes with both DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you $20 so that you can buy the DLC packs, then I'll give you Fable which I can find for $25...Oh, then you hand me $60...

I don't see how when people package things together, then sell them for more than the normal price, it's automatically looked at as a "deal".

This is "cheap-ass" gamer...Not "lazy-ass" gamer.

bread's done
Back