Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yeah, I noticed that ever since the AC review when that Hiliary Dude got fired over giving AC a low score ( Which it deserved since a review is one's opinion )[/QUOTE]

Hiliary should be applauded for actually giving a game that deserved a low score a low score. I saw a game on Gamepro that got a 4 out of 5 once and the review was just vicious yet the score was still high. The reviewer had no defense to my comments, trying to say the game was still fun (despite having three pages of hate in the review).:roll:

I'd consider selling my dlc if I thought that people wouldn't try to file claims saying it doesn't work. Not saying they all do it, but knowing my luck I'd run into just such an individual.

Btw anyone get a download prompt on their 360 after redeeming their villager code?

...10 hours into the game and I like it. So far I think its on par with the last game and I like a couple of the new features. Seems a little quicker to get to things. It is buggy tho...I quested to the chicken races and got stuck between the house and betting table!

[quote name='super_dawn']...10 hours into the game and I like it. So far I think its on par with the last game and I like a couple of the new features. Seems a little quicker to get to things. It is buggy tho...I quested to the chicken races and got stuck between the house and betting table![/QUOTE]

People say they get stuck in places, but can't you fast travel out of being stuck?

[quote name='seanr1221']Barely into the game, but can you set a waypoint on the map?

The 3d map is neat but kind of...cumbersome?[/QUOTE]

If it's a quest building etc, yes just click away on the map.

So I guess hand holding is the new follow me expression.

[quote name='Spybreak8']If it's a quest building etc, yes just click away on the map.

So I guess hand holding is the new follow me expression.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's how you lead people to have sex at least, which is the only reason you wanted 'follow me' in the first place.

So I was in the first dungeon fighting some Hollow Men, doing my magic thing, when my character got stuck in the magic pose. Wouldn't cast the spell or switch weapons until he got a nice beating. I was almost dead by the time he decided to move again.

[quote name='Indignate']Yup, it's how you lead people to have sex at least, which is the only reason you wanted 'follow me' in the first place.

So I was in the first dungeon fighting some Hollow Men, doing my magic thing, when my character got stuck in the magic pose. Wouldn't cast the spell or switch weapons until he got a nice beating. I was almost dead by the time he decided to move again.[/QUOTE]

Getting into bed with somebody in Fable II was so difficult it wasn't even worth the hassle.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Getting into bed with somebody in Fable II was so difficult it wasn't even worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall it being that hard. Hell, I'm only three or so hours into this game and I've already had sex with somebody that I built a relationship to Friends with.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Getting into bed with somebody in Fable II was so difficult it wasn't even worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

No no I see your point because if you didn't know that you needed the Come Hither expression you wouldn't know how to seduce someone into bed. I had a hard time at first in Fable II too. It's much easier in Fable 3 lol.

Where do we get our pre-order bonus? I put in all my DLC codes. I've gotten all the Lionhead gifts (a gun, hammer, some clothes, etc.) but haven't seen the Channeler or the tattoos yet as a gift or anything else.

(I just finished the place under the library so have all the weapon types unlocked)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Where do we get our pre-order bonus? I put in all my DLC codes. I've gotten all the Lionhead gifts (a gun, hammer, some clothes, etc.) but haven't seen the Channeler or the tattoos yet as a gift or anything else.

(I just finished the place under the library so have all the weapon types unlocked)[/QUOTE]
yea, i was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']People say they get stuck in places, but can't you fast travel out of being stuck?[/QUOTE]

yea that's what I did. I also had to do it another time when I somehow ended up in someone's backyard in bowerstone and they closed the door on me...so i was stuck in there backyard lol

I believe I've received all of my dlc...amazon included. I haven't gotten to the villager I created yet.....I was stupid and put her in the town of Aurora cause I liked the name! lol

[quote name='super_dawn']
I believe I've received all of my dlc...amazon included. I haven't gotten to the villager I created yet.....I was stupid and put her in the town of Aurora cause I liked the name! lol[/QUOTE]

Do you know at what point you got the amazon ones? (or just along the way?)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So did anyone
save your sweetheart rather then the crowd?
what happens if you do so?[/QUOTE]

I did but you escape without her. You never get a chance to talk to her after the king executes the mob leaders.

I had a chance to play a little more this morning and now that the game has started to pick up I'm digging what I've seen thus far. Combat is very solid though the inability to map items to the d-pad as I damn well please is a grave disappointment. Since I haven't studied the icons I haven't the slightest idea what does what yet. If this changes later on or I've missed something please let me know. Forcing the player to back track to the sanctuary to check quests and various stats wasn't a smart move either. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that because I enjoy planning ahead in RPGs covering my basis, checking weapon properties, party abilities and organizing inventory as I go along. Knowing that doing all of this will take longer than it should in most games has deterred me from even bothering with it at all. It's not as if this early in game is difficulty by any length of the imagination anyway... but still I would have preferred a traditional menu interface. Much faster.

If future boss fights are anything like my first then I'll enjoy them immensely. The guy was built like a brick house in terms of HP but I never felt overwhelmed or underpowered by the amount of enemies spawning on screen. This probably the first game where I encourage it because again I've yet to face a difficult opponent. So long as I have mods surrounding me I should more or less be content for a while longer. So far I'd say this was $5 well spent.

Btw is there any way to organize quests in real time? I can already tell the way this game prioritizes them on a first come, first served basis is going to drive me nuts.

How they streamlined things is both good and bad. I love how easy it is to manage quests and places you own (I always found quest activation in Fable 2 kind of random). However, I don't like how you can't see how many potions you have outside of combat and the game seems to hold your hand a bit much.

I seem to be going for an all around guy right now, but maybe the chests start becoming more expensive so you'll have to be selective.

Also, I don't like how you can't see where the jobs are from the map. I also don't see anyway to tell where a house is if you're on a date and want to bring the person home.

Overall I love the game. I've been a huge fan of the series since the first one.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']

Btw is there any way to organize quests in real time? I can already tell the way this game prioritizes them on a first come, first served basis is going to drive me nuts.[/QUOTE]

After you get a bit farther a bunch of quest will pop up in Brightwood. Afterward you can use the map to see all the quest available. It's a horrible system because you have to return to the map every time you want to switch a quest and since I may be out in the Valley completing several relationship quest at the same time, it's a huge bother.

My DLC finally came through, the Champion Hammer looks like it could be pretty good for someone playing a moral character.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Do you know at what point you got the amazon ones? (or just along the way?)[/QUOTE]

I got the village maker code a week early like everyone else and the other codes were sent by email the night before.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
I did but you escape without her. You never get a chance to talk to her after the king executes the mob leaders.

I had a chance to play a little more this morning and now that the game has started to pick up I'm digging what I've seen thus far. Combat is very solid though the inability to map items to the d-pad as I damn well please is a grave disappointment. Since I haven't studied the icons I haven't the slightest idea what does what yet. If this changes later on or I've missed something please let me know. Forcing the player to back track to the sanctuary to check quests and various stats wasn't a smart move either. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that because I enjoy planning ahead in RPGs covering my basis, checking weapon properties, party abilities and organizing inventory as I go along. Knowing that doing all of this will take longer than it should in most games has deterred me from even bothering with it at all. It's not as if this early in game is difficulty by any length of the imagination anyway... but still I would have preferred a traditional menu interface. Much faster.
[/QUOTE]

Good to know! I wondered too. :D But I also wondered
what happens if you let him count down from five to 0?

I actually am liking the sanctuary so far...once I got a handle on it; it was quite quick to press start and then use the d-pad to go to whatever room I needed. For me...being a girl ;)...I love how the outfits are arranged!

[quote name='seanr1221'] However, I don't like how you can't see how many potions you have outside of combat and the game seems to hold your hand a bit much.

I seem to be going for an all around guy right now, but maybe the chests start becoming more expensive so you'll have to be selective. [/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm always wondering what/how many of each potion I have. Yea, the chests do start getting more expensive. I'm at the point where I left a few behind for later.
My lvl 4 job skills are now close to 35 pts each now! Huge jump from just 5-10.

[quote name='super_dawn']I got the village maker code a week early like everyone else and the other codes were sent by email the night before.[/QUOTE]

I meant when they show up in game. I got all my codes just haven't found the "pre-order" stuff in the game yet.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I meant when they show up in game. I got all my codes just haven't found the "pre-order" stuff in the game yet.[/QUOTE]

oh ;) Not right away...I can't remember exactly when they showed up but its at least before you hit bowerstone.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I meant when they show up in game. I got all my codes just haven't found the "pre-order" stuff in the game yet.[/QUOTE]
Did you get a download prompt?

[quote name='Moltres423']Did you get a download prompt?[/QUOTE]

I have everything downloaded.

I have found multiple gifts in the sanctum from the other DLC cards that were included. I just haven't gotten my Channeler Sword and crystal tattoos from Best Buy. (in game, I checked my download history and they are there)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I have everything downloaded.

I have found multiple gifts in the sanctum from the other DLC cards that were included. I just haven't gotten my Channeler Sword and crystal tattoos from Best Buy. (in game, I checked my download history and they are there)[/QUOTE]

I got mine while doing the story quests in Brightwall, came through as a gift.

[quote name='super_dawn']Good to know! I wondered too. :D But I also wondered
what happens if you let him count down from five to 0?
[/QUOTE]

Well considering the fact he made it perfectly clear he couldn't stand your very existence...
I'd assume he would have made good on his ultimatum killing them both. I wasn't about to test the waters. I figure with my character destined to lead the rebellion he could always make it up to the people somehow, but Alise was his sweetheart. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time while the mob leaders though in the right knew the consequences of rebelling against a tyrannical king. The girl might have been a little too curious for her own good but I've played enough games where said cliche is lazily used a plot device for the entire game. I'm tired of seeing it and it wasn't a good enough reason to kill her off.

I'm certainly expecting her to hate him for it later on in the game. If so I'm cutting her loose so my hero can go on the prowl and enjoy himself. ;)

I have found multiple gifts in the sanctum from the other DLC cards that were included. I just haven't gotten my Channeler Sword and crystal tattoos from Best Buy. (in game, I checked my download history and they are there)[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing with the Amazon preorder bonuses too. You don't get them right away. I was getting a bit nervous myself, but after doing a few quests, they eventually show up as gifts.

Villager code shows up in download history too? I think that its currently glitched and no one actually got a chance to DL it.

[quote name='Moltres423']Villager code shows up in download history too? I think that its currently glitched and no one actually got a chance to DL it.[/QUOTE]

Dunno haven't messed with it. Got the code but waiting until I read it is fixed.

Enjoying the little perks you have on the weapons depending on what sub objectives are completed. The hammer I got from Amazon says something like if you have 5 villagers love you you get a perk. Forgot what it was, either increased weapon damage or increased amount of Guild Seals collected per kill!

Anybody notice the awesome things that happen during combat? Like killing someone or something with electricity leaves just the bones behind or these random flourishes. I had one where my guy side step a bandit that was attacking, put the pole of the hammer around his neck, then without mercy, snapped it and then threw him aside.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Enjoying the little perks you have on the weapons depending on what sub objectives are completed. The hammer I got from Amazon says something like if you have 5 villagers love you you get a perk. Forgot what it was, either increased weapon damage or increased amount of Guild Seals collected per kill![/QUOTE]

You have to kill five people that love you. Not a good thing for my somewhat good guy playthrough.

[quote name='super_dawn']

I actually am liking the sanctuary so far...once I got a handle on it; it was quite quick to press start and then use the d-pad to go to whatever room I needed. For me...being a girl ;)...I love how the outfits are arranged!

[/QUOTE]

I'm a guy and I like it too...what are you trying to say?

I couldn't agree more that the death scenes for flourishes are awesome. My character shot a Hobbe in the face with his rifle before punting it into the air then delivering a final crack shot. So sexy. The only problem is I have no idea how to trigger it otherwise I'd be doing it all the time. >_>

I can't believe I would ever say this about a Fable game considering how much of a mediocre time I had with the second installment but this one is honestly an RPG of the year contender for me. A lot of the gripes I have are either cosmetic or very minor in comparison to other games. Plus it successfully fixed quite a few deal breakers I encountered in the second game. Tolerable storyline, solid humor, entertaining combat, decent amount of quality character customization and I even enjoy doing jobs now which is a feat nothing short of a miracle. Movement still feels a little clunky but I've grown accustomed to it now.

No game breaking glitches, no unnecessarily overbearing or questionable changes or mechanics that drive me nuts, no terrible characters or useless abilities to speak of yet? Anyone who has glossed over my post history should know how rare for me not to find SOMETHING to complain about in any game. The fact a Fable game satisfies most of my obscenely high standards is quite remarkable.

Aside from requesting a set of ear plugs or a mute button for the hammer wielding ogre who won't shut up for five seconds so I might enjoy hunting down my next victim, I wish there was a difficulty slider because I'm STILL demolishing everything in my path. It completely defeats the purpose of shops and various weaponry when your standard weapons are more than enough to kill a substantial amount of whatever is being thrown at you.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I couldn't agree more that the death scenes for flourishes are awesome. My character shot a Hobbe in the face with his rifle before punting it into the air then delivering a final crack shot. So sexy. The only problem is I have no idea how to trigger it otherwise I'd be doing it all the time. >_>

I can't believe I would ever say this about a Fable game considering how much of a mediocre time I had with the second installment but this one is honestly an RPG of the year contender for me. A lot of the gripes I have are either cosmetic or very minor in comparison to other games. Plus it successfully fixed quite a few deal breakers I encountered in the second game. Tolerable storyline, solid humor, entertaining combat, decent amount of quality character customization and I even enjoy doing jobs now which is a feat nothing short of a miracle. Movement still feels a little clunky but I've grown accustomed to it now.

No game breaking glitches, no unnecessarily overbearing or question changes that drive me nuts, no terrible characters or useless abilities to speak of yet? Anyone who has glossed over my post should know how rare for me not to find SOMETHING to complain about in any game. The fact a Fable game satisfies most of my obscenely high standards is quite remarkable.

Aside from requesting a set of ear plugs or a mute button for the hammer wielding ogre who won't shut up for five seconds so I might enjoy hunting down my next victim, I wish there was a difficulty slider because I'm STILL demolishing everything in my path. It completely defeats the purpose of shops and various weaponry when your standard weapons are more than enough to kill a substantial amount of whatever is being thrown at you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Redbox for not having the game. :rofl:

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I wish there was a difficulty slider because I'm STILL demolishing everything in my path. It completely defeats the purpose of shops and various weaponry when your standard weapons are more than enough to kill a substantial amount of whatever is being thrown at you.[/QUOTE]

To me, that was my biggest gripe with Fable II and I am disappointed to see it still holds true in Fable III.

I think I may start over. I'm only an hour and a half in and I'm second guessing my "choice" at the beginning.

Does anyone know if there is same screen co-op? (not over XBL)

picked up my pre-ordered today and got the code.
Forgot to get the Villager Code.

Started as a girl and will play more later.

Anyone know if the weapon DLC is tied to your profile or the 360?
If I download the DLC on one profile, can I use it on any other profile on my 360.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I think I may start over. I'm only an hour and a half in and I'm second guessing my "choice" at the beginning.

Does anyone know if there is same screen co-op? (not over XBL)[/QUOTE]

There is local same screen co-op. It is SAME screen and not split screen, so you are tethered to each other. 2nd player can push a button to teleport back to the main person if they get too far. 2nd player can use their own Hero.

I just received a lubricated condom from the depths of hell only get drawn into a fight with a horde of demonic fire breathing chickens afterward during a side quest.

This game is fucking exceptional.

Has anyone been able to redeem their villager code? I was able to create my villager with the code but I was never prompted with a download and the villager doesnt show up in my download history.

(Also sorry if this has been asked already. I looked back a few pages but didnt see anything)

God damn are these flourishes f*cking stylish. So gutter. I just swept the feet out from under a merc with the barrel of my rifle then head shot him before he hit the ground.

Now I want a shotgun/musket/whatever the hell they were called back then. ;'(

[quote name='ucantcme69']Has anyone been able to redeem their villager code? I was able to create my villager with the code but I was never prompted with a download and the villager doesnt show up in my download history.

(Also sorry if this has been asked already. I looked back a few pages but didnt see anything)[/QUOTE]

It didn't show up in mine, but came across my villager during one of the help the random people out quests.

Thank God for appropriate difficulty spikes. The Masquerade actually has me dipping into my stock of healing potions and I haven't even finished it yet. I hope this is a sign of battles to come.

Thank you. I tried researching online because I saw a bunch of people asking the same thing and lionheads instructions say you need to save it to your system so it was confusing. Thanks for answering :)
[quote name='JCally']It didn't show up in mine, but came across my villager during one of the help the random people out quests.[/QUOTE]

game glitched again, i kinda feel like snaping the disk in half. i started over and made it past the part i glitched at last time. im about a days worth of playing time in and get to the part
after you beat the merc boss and go back to the bar to learn about followers, well i go to the sanctuary and again, stuipid jasper decides it's a good idea not to talk.
so i can't progress further. i know it's because of the dlc that i got with the game. should i wait for a patch or just delete the LE dlc, and redownload it after the part?

Beware the god damn auto save in this game because it just f*cked me over twice. First by sticking me with a kid I didn't want though I saved beforehand and now a divorce. On both occasions I wasn't warned at all that the save was going to happen.

...Son of a bitch.

I have no idea where the orphanage is to visit my kid nor if it is possible to reconcile with my wife. Not cool Lionhead. Not f*cking cool at all.

bread's done
Back