Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

The only thing that happened to me was having my stats (the ones that come up against friends) reset after a co-op session. Oh, and the random character freezing during combat. And that dog too, but that may just be horrible AI.

Haven't played it yet, but I'm surprised by all the bugs that people are finding. Don't they hire people to find this shit before the game is released? Maybe Lionhead figured they'd save some money and let users find them.

I haven't had any game breakers either, just when Jasper stops talking but he just tries to sell me that damn dog suit I don't want anyway

found some cool legendary weapons with the gold kes i found in Aurora and Mistpeak Valley.
Got the Ice Maiden pistol and Avo's Lamentation sword.

I also got the Swinging Sword from the Treasury in the Santcary.
I also fully maxed my Casanova sword.

trying to figure out how to do the Orgy for an upgrade on my swinging sword.

Any pointers?

Would anyone be so kind to lend me some gold? I have messed up my entire quest and just realized ive f'ed myself. XBL Name: LordMeatball06 I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Haven't anything "game-breaking," but I have run into:
-That Zack Snyder slowdown for no reason ALL THE TIME.
-The indecisive breadcrumb trail, mostly when doing relationship fetch quests.
-Stupid Dog AI. He'll bark and have the dig icon above him, but then won't go anywhere half the time. I have to run around and find the dig spot.

Also, I've just gotten the support of Bowerstone and I have to meet Ben Finn at the castle. And I've only got about 350k. I'll probably just keep buying property bit by bit then. I thought about setting them all to the highest to make money faster, but I'm a good Prince/King and don't want the people to be pissed at me. Maybe set it to the highest for a couple of hours or so, and then bring it down to low and then back to normal? Would people still like me then?

Also, is there any way to get rid of the "evil" quests in my quest log (the ones where some NPCs want you to kill somebody)? I have no intention of doing those.

And regarding the end-game gold amount, do you only need $6.5 million if you make good decisions as king? I've heard that if you don't have enough money, it leaves Albion in a pretty piss-poor state.

What's the quickest way to build up some good karma? I killed a bunch of citizens and soldiers going for the Crime Spree achievement, but I decided I don't like the evil-looking version of my character.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What's the quickest way to build up some good karma? I killed a bunch of citizens and soldiers going for the Crime Spree achievement, but I decided I don't like the evil-looking version of my character.[/QUOTE]

If our already King then donate money to the Treasury.
Fastest way to get good karma.

If you not then lower your rent to the lowest price. Takes a lil time but usually works

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']

And regarding the end-game gold amount, do you only need $6.5 million if you make good decisions as king? I've heard that if you don't have enough money, it leaves Albion in a pretty piss-poor state.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I had 13mil in the treasury and it only took out 6.5mil at the end game. I don't find it too difficult at all to make money in this game. Just keep buying property...I never raised the rent, always kept it at normal, since I'm a good queen.

So I'm trying to get the fashion achievement, but in order to do that you actually need the queen AND king outfit....and apparently there is a chef hat you need to get from one of the cook's at the castle I read. I thought this would be an easy one...but I guess not.

Anyone else pissed that you only get the wings at the end? I also wish I could have them out longer somehow...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Also, is there any way to get rid of the "evil" quests in my quest log (the ones where some NPCs want you to kill somebody)? I have no intention of doing those.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend taking on the "Peace, Love, and Homicide" quest.
Completing it opens up a quest line that eventually results in acquiring the legendary hammer "The Tenderiser".

[quote name='SteelSD']I highly recommend taking on the "Peace, Love, and Homicide" quest.
Completing it opens up a quest line that eventually results in acquiring the legendary hammer "The Tenderiser".
[/QUOTE]

Ah cool. Thanks for the info.

Alright, so I got
the support of Aurora, but I can't really do anything else down there and my only option is to go back to Bowerstone and storm the castle.
I'm not sure if I want to do that yet as I've only got 3.1 million gold and I remember reading that I've only got about 4-5 days of being king before the game ends. Is that correct? I want to be able to keep all of those promises I made and make Albion a "happily ever after" place.

Also, when you need the money as King, do I need to have it in the treasury, or can it be in my personal treasury?

I apologize for all the stupid questions, but I've heard the game ends unexpectedly and I don't want Albion to be a ruin when it does!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Alright, so I got
the support of Aurora, but I can't really do anything else down there and my only option is to go back to Bowerstone and storm the castle.
I'm not sure if I want to do that yet as I've only got 3.1 million gold and I remember reading that I've only got about 4-5 days of being king before the game ends. Is that correct? I want to be able to keep all of those promises I made and make Albion a "happily ever after" place.

Also, when you need the money as King, do I need to have it in the treasury, or can it be in my personal treasury?

I apologize for all the stupid questions, but I've heard the game ends unexpectedly and I don't want Albion to be a ruin when it does![/QUOTE]

Honestly, you still have time to save the people. I ended up spending one day as queen, without enough gold to save everyone, but then instead of continuing on ...I spent a ton of time on quests and raising money so I could save everyone. And yes, it needs to be in the treasury. You will have time to transfer money to the treasury even right before the end.

Do as much as you like up until Day 121 till attack. After that its game time! I think that's why it feels like it sneaks up on you ...might have been nice to at least have something a bit closer. ie Day 30 till Evil or something

I beat the game and am wrapping up some gnome/key/flower collection. I still need the xbl partnership, marriage & Baby achievements. My current character is female, so if there's anyone who needs those achievements, lmk.

I hate that this game has been sitting in front of my TV. Where the hell has my free time gone that I can't play one of my highly anticipated games!?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else get a title update when you started the game today?[/QUOTE]

I got it as well. I hope I can play on my glitched good guy character, I hate being evil...

EDIT: YESSSS!!!!! I'm so happy they fixed my glitch. Jumped right in and was able to unlock the previously stuck door during the quest "The Game".

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else get a title update when you started the game today?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Got that while playing. Hadn't run into any glitched saves or game breaking bugs, but updates are good.

Some of these "evil" choices when you're king/queen are just hilarious.
Turn the old orphanage into a brothel and make 1.25 million? Ha!
Of course, I'm playing the good guy so I'm choosing all of the good choices.

Thus far I've found all the flowers, and am ALMOST done with the gnomes, keys and books. Apparently I need to beat the game in order for those to open up. And I still haven't been able to gain access to Driftwood yet. I believe I'm on the third day of being king. I just found
that diamond in Sandfall Palace and I'm on my way to meet Page in the old Rebel HQ.

Won't have the time (nor the intention) of trying to find all 50 legendary weapons though. Gotta send the game back to Gamefly so I can get AC: Brotherhood sent to me on release.

[quote name='Nealocus123']EDIT: YESSSS!!!!! I'm so happy they fixed my glitch. Jumped right in and was able to unlock the previously stuck door during the quest "The Game".[/QUOTE]
That's awesome, glad to hear they're taking care of some of the issues with the game. I wonder if we'll get a full issues list that this patch addressed.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']And I still haven't been able to gain access to Driftwood yet.
[/QUOTE]
I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone, so just to be safe.
There is a guy in millfields that you give 750 gold to so he can build a bridge. Once that bridge is built you go back and can go to Driftwood. Once there you can clear the hobbes from the islands. After a while you go back and have to deliver a letter to a carpenter in Silverpine. The achievement for it will popup a little bit after that letting you know to go back and pick up the keys/gnomes if you haven't already. More or less that's it.

[quote name='natiev']I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone, so just to be safe.
There is a guy in millfields that you give 750 gold to so he can build a bridge. Once that bridge is built you go back and can go to Driftwood. Once there you can clear the hobbes from the islands. After a while you go back and have to deliver a letter to a carpenter in Silverpine. The achievement for it will popup a little bit after that letting you know to go back and pick up the keys/gnomes if you haven't already. More or less that's it.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about that bridge and remembered it after I originally posted. Went and did the quests and got the keys/book/gnomes! And the gnomes I shot there were the last two I needed!

[quote name='super_dawn']Glad to see they did an update as well! Can't wait to log in tonight and see if Jasper is talking again! ;)[/QUOTE]

I've actually wished I could mute him sometimes. If I have to hear him say "Ah, hello!" or "Welcome to the Sanctuary" one more time....

But then I suppose you miss out on his other quips like when you put on a new outfit or equip a new weapon.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I've actually wished I could mute him sometimes. If I have to hear him say "Ah, hello!" or "Welcome to the Sanctuary" one more time....

But then I suppose you miss out on his other quips like when you put on a new outfit or equip a new weapon.[/QUOTE]

Yea I did too. Now I take back all the awful things I said about him! LOL :lol: It was nice when I started my evil character and Jasper started talking. I'm going to keep listening and see if I can pinpoint when he stops talking...if the bug happens again.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My Jasper is still silent. :p[/QUOTE]

Awwwww...

Now I know I've asked a long time ago about Fable 3, and I've gotten a lot my questions answered. About the Sanctuary can you just pick a quest with a different kind of way instead of heading into the sanctuary to the map room?

I mean like a menu in fable 2 just click on one and then follow the bread crumb path. (Or is it all done in the map room)

Also are there any good looking women in the game. ;)
I've checked out the Fable 3 Wiki and all they have is information about them and not that many pictures.

It looks like on that site they like the men more then the women. :lol:

Since the patch I haven't been able to attack in any way.

Edit: It's working fine now. Also, I wish the Jasper in my game was muted, he's really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Undead Nightmare has been stealing a lot of my time, but I'm still steadily getting through this. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Definitely has its fair share of jankiness, but some of these quests are really fantastic. I especially loved the one where you're basically acting out a
table-top RPG.
The writing and dialogue throughout that quest was hilarious.

[quote name='starmask2k3']so i just got the LE one New should i keep or sellthe DLC[/QUOTE]
I would go ahead and keep it. I've gotten a ton of use out of the Wolfsbane sword; very handy weapon.

Is the Hunter's Lodge house only in the LE? That's pretty cool too.

[quote name='Fjordson']The writing and dialogue throughout that quest was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

The quest where you have to act out the plays and then it concludes with a play outdoors is hilarious.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Now I know I've asked a long time ago about Fable 3, and I've gotten a lot my questions answered. About the Sanctuary can you just pick a quest with a different kind of way instead of heading into the sanctuary to the map room?

I mean like a menu in fable 2 just click on one and then follow the bread crumb path. (Or is it all done in the map room)

Also are there any good looking women in the game. ;)
I've checked out the Fable 3 Wiki and all they have is information about them and not that many pictures.

It looks like on that site they like the men more then the women. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sorry for quoting this, I just didn't get an answer.

[quote name='starmask2k3']so i just got the LE one New should i keep or sellthe DLC[/QUOTE]

As a point of reference....I sell 99% of the DLC I get. I kept the fable 3 LE DLC and generally, it was worth it. The lodge is swell, the boxer breed is cool, the clothes....not so much. Haven't gotten the weapons yet, but they should be cool.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I would go ahead and keep it. I've gotten a ton of use out of the Wolfsbane sword; very handy weapon.

Is the Hunter's Lodge house only in the LE? That's pretty cool too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wolfsbane sword was the first one I maxed out and really love it. My family loves the Hunter's Lodge and is always quoting, "I wish that we will never move!"

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Sorry for quoting this, I just didn't get an answer.[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to go to the map in order to select a new quest. I don't see any other way.

Good looking girls? haha I don't know...I thought the villager I created was cute and I married her. lol

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Now I know I've asked a long time ago about Fable 3, and I've gotten a lot my questions answered. About the Sanctuary can you just pick a quest with a different kind of way instead of heading into the sanctuary to the map room?[/QUOTE]

You can only choose quests/fast travel through the sanctuary which sucks because I'm tired of John Cleese telling me to buy a dog suit every time I press start...

OK so I am Queen now (yep female hero) and the days are starting to count down. Looks like I need a lot of money to keep all the promises. I don't have even close to the amount needed. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make lots of money?

[quote name='Dijital']OK so I am Queen now (yep female hero) and the days are starting to count down. Looks like I need a lot of money to keep all the promises. I don't have even close to the amount needed. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make lots of money?[/QUOTE]

Real Estate. Buy buy buy! I made money easy just by buying everything. ...of course you could cheat a bit too. A friend of mine at work uses his plug n' play controller to just leave his character going while he's away to make money. I keep razzin' on him about how he really doesn't need to and that he's a cheater. ;)

[quote name='Dijital']Anyone have any suggestions on how to make lots of money?[/QUOTE]

I own all houses and businesses, generates about 90k/5 minutes.

[quote name='Dijital']How much is needed at the end total if you take all the good decisions?[/QUOTE]

Quite a bit. I think the most expensive "good" decision cost about 700k. But I would say about 10 million to make all the good decisions and to save all the citizens. I'm being generous though.

Anyways, finished it up this morning! I was annoyed with the game for a while in the middle, but once I became King and got used to everything, I had a blast. I find myself rather addicted to leveling up weapons, even though there is no point to it now as I'll be sending the game back tomorrow morning.

Just going to wrap up some achievements and that'll be it for me and Fable 3. Fun while it lasted!

Oh! For those who are interested, a SUPER fast way of leveling up those weapons that require you to increase/decrease your moral standing is to transfer money to and from the treasury. Just transfer a million to or from and that's it! Pretty handy.

Oh, does anybody know where to find a plentiful amount of mercenaries? One my weapons require me to kill 300 mercenaries and they only seem to be in certain spots in Mistpeak or Millfields every now and then. And I
spared Saker at the beginning of the game,
so I don't think killing mercenaries at the mercenary camp has been working.

Ok, so I have only slept with one person so far in this game, my husband. And when we first got together I noticed that I had contracted 2 STDs. I figured he brought them from his previous sexual experiences (he is a lute player after all). Now I have 7 STDs, and he is still the only person I have slept with. Should I take this as irrefutable evidence that he is cheating on me? If so I will have to knife that mofo even though I have been all good on this play-through so far.

I'm playing a 100% good guy this playthrough, but I want to do all of the quests......so, is there a long-lasting negative to killing the Mourningwood villager and establishing the shadow court?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm playing a 100% good guy this playthrough, but I want to do all of the quests......so, is there a long-lasting negative to killing the Mourningwood villager and establishing the shadow court?[/QUOTE]

Not really. I did the same thing and my morality decreased a TINY bit. I did that quest after I beat the game though.

What was annoying though was how all of sudden everybody in Albion knew about it and were calling me a murderer.

I'm early in the game and was wondering what combat type do you find the strongest? In Fable 2 I loved the fast pistols and once you get the detailed aiming option, it was basically unstoppable. I also found magic in Fable2 to be "hard to use". Is Magic any better than before

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Not really. I did the same thing and my morality decreased a TINY bit. I did that quest after I beat the game though.

What was annoying though was how all of sudden everybody in Albion knew about it and were calling me a murderer.[/QUOTE]

I love the mixed reaction my character gets. In each crowd there is always at least 1 person saying something about me murdering people, or calling me a vandal or a theif. I went evil until I could open the Aurora Demon Door then transfered all my gold to the treasury
over 9mil
to get to the chest in my gold room.

bread's done
Back