Fable: The Lost Chapters question

bjschre

CAGiversary!
Is there going to be a point in buying the new Lost Chanpters for xbox in November if I own the original. It's only going to be $20 but is there going to be that much added content? I've read what I can on the game but still can't really tell if there will be that much new content.

MGS is claiming it'll be a third longer. Basically, it looks like the game will fill in some of the odd plot holes (Briar Rose anyone?). Also, after the main quest is complete another quest card is supposed to arrive at the guild hall that'll point gamers towards the icelands to the north. New armor, weapons, etc.

There was a trailer floating around that showed off some of the new stuff.

[quote name='terribledeli']MGS is claiming it'll be a third longer. Basically, it looks like the game will fill in some of the odd plot holes (Briar Rose anyone?). Also, after the main quest is complete another quest card is supposed to arrive at the guild hall that'll point gamers towards the icelands to the north. New armor, weapons, etc.

There was a trailer floating around that showed off some of the new stuff.[/QUOTE]

a third longer, but the original won't be included, right? you'll still have to have the original fable?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']a third longer, but the original won't be included, right? you'll still have to have the original fable?[/QUOTE]

i heard taht it includes the original along with what was supposed to be in the original fable in the first place

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']a third longer, but the original won't be included, right? you'll still have to have the original fable?[/QUOTE]
No, TLC is originally the PC version that included new content that wasn't in the Xbox original. So TLC that's coming to the Xbox will include the original game, as well.

I heard that you wont be able to use your save from the original fable, which really pisses me off because I beat the original and dont really feel like being good again, but I will because I want to see what happens... Its just so much harder to be nice all the time in games like that.

the only thing that gripes me is how it's being released as a platinum hit, it's going to look tacky in my collection of non-PH games.

[quote name='karmapolice']I heard that you wont be able to use your save from the original fable, which really pisses me off because I beat the original and dont really feel like being good again, but I will because I want to see what happens... Its just so much harder to be nice all the time in games like that.[/QUOTE]

That would suck if it's true, but honestly I wouldn't find playing through the game again. It was quite fun.

[quote name='Scorch']the only thing that gripes me is how it's being released as a platinum hit, it's going to look tacky in my collection of non-PH games.[/QUOTE]

Time to Photoshop up a non-PH cover. ;-)

I'm kind of pissed off on this whole thing, I got the UNFINISHED version of Fable for $50 when it came out and now they are releaseing a Finished version and its only $20. They should be giving away free copies of Fable:TLC to everyone one who bought the game already.

I really disliked Fable, the story was so poorly done that it really ruined the game for me. And now there going back and fixing that. I mean for crying out loud, they should have just let them finish the damn game and not release a game that was only 2/3 finihsed.

I most likely will Not buy this game. I feel rippedoff by them, infact I don't know how willing I will be to ever buy another game from Lionhead.

[quote name='Scahom1']That would suck if it's true, but honestly I wouldn't find playing through the game again. It was quite fun.[/QUOTE]

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/633/633030p1.html

The article claims it won't be transferable. Which is insane since the bonus content is supposed to take place after the main, original game.

There's supposed to be a more indepth storyline regarding Lady Grey.

More stuff with Whisper and Thunder too, I believe.

Yea i really dont want to play thorough it again it was fun the first time with good and the second time with evil but a third time on one of them again, i am not sure. I want the new content but dont want to play through the original game again if i already beat it twice. I want my 50 dollars worth because i dont feel like i have gotten it just yet

bread's done
Back