Facebreaker $9.99 (PS3, X360) at Best Buy to all RZ Members this week

Thanks OP I picked one up yesterday. I've been waiting to pick up this game for that price too. My sister picked it up a month or two ago at a Target Clearance and I told her to take it back since it was still too much I think it was either $24, or $15.

I might just go and pick up a razor to get this rebate. :lol:

I paid $0 for the game since I had a $10 gift card. If Facebreaker is as crappy as everyone says, then maybe someone should be paying me to play it.

Got a PS3 version today. I used my RZ card, and then presented the coupon. The cashier said, "I'm not supposed to do this", but adjusted the price to $5.

I'll probably try to be a complete Cheap ass and send in the rebate, also.

im dling the demo but its taking forever so i might just go get the razor and the game and not open them till after i try the demo cause then i can return them if i decide not to do it. or i can trade in FB at GS for the $9 and keep the razor. Kinda depends on how much the razor is (which if someone already said i missed - sorry).

Edit: got the game at bb and Gillette Fusion Phenom for $8.94 +tax at target

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubermark']I might just go and pick up a razor to get this rebate.
6449f44a102fde848669bdd9eb6b76fa.gif

I paid $0 for the game since I had a $10 gift card. If Facebreaker is as crappy as everyone says, then maybe someone should be paying me to play it.[/quote]

heh, so true. Sometimes with games under $10 I don't know whether to grab them even if they are really cheap, because often the game isn't worth even playing. But hey, I just say to myself... Well, it was only 10 bucks.

[quote name='slowdive21']No. He scanned the card, then the coupon, then removed the coupon.

I am saying apply the coupon first, then scan the card. It probably still will not work, but at some companies it matters what order you scan the items.[/QUOTE]

That's not going to work either since the coupon requires you to scan your RZ card before it takes the $5 off (cashier has to total the transaction). The only way to get the coupon to work with the $20 off is if you get the right cashier who manually adjusts the price. So it's a big YMMV depending on what the cashier/manager feels like.

Gave my cashier the coupon and the price went from $9.99 to 24.99 and she didn't know how to manually adjust, but I was cool with $10. Also got a 4 disc Rolling Stones concert DVD for free by being a Premier Silver member!

Went to the games section and saw two copies left of Facebreaker. I thought I was lucky when I picked up one and walked away, but about 10 feet away there was a shelf with 30 copies sitting there. Oh well, least I got mine.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']If you lost your card for RZ you can still give them your number right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that works too.

Went to BB today and they had tons of copies and I walked out with mine for $9.99.

Cashier rang it up hit total and the box popped up and she hit yes and the price went down to $9.99 to which she said, "Wow you got $20 off! Did you know about that?"

I said, "Yup, saw it on your website and that's why I'm here now."

[quote name='shibaraski']I will probably play.
what else are you gona do with 10 buxs?
buy 3 cheese burgers?[/quote]
Eat good food or buy a horrible game, I think I'll do the former ;)

Grabbed it last night.

It's fun to create yourself and your friends (even though it takes FOREVER), but as far as gameplay is concerned...well, I'm not even sure it qualifies as gameplay.

The rebate deal looks good, since it doesn't have to be purchased up until 3/31/09, what I would do is wait until P&G puts out a new coupon for a Fusion razor, they do this every month or two in the Sunday's paper, plus if you do CVS Extra Care Bucks it can be even cheaper when they have those deals combined, thanks for the heads up OP, I will grab that, just got a 360 for Christmas

thanks for the post OP

i picked one up yesterday.. my BB also had a deal w/ a free T-Shirt w/ any EA game purchase that they let me get as well.

Can't beat a game and a T shirt for $10

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^What is the item number or UPC on the shirt? What does it look like? I would like to see if my store has them.[/quote]

they had signs up.. i dont know it right now, ill check when i get home
but it was a University of Wisconsin Badgers Shirt (or hat too) for free

I got a Fusion on clearance at Target with replacement blades for 6.xx. I think they had a bigger Xmas gift pack for 4.98 yesterday but they were gone today when I thought about the rebate available.

[quote name='sliknik27']The douche bags at my store refused to give me this deal. I might go back just to argue with them some more.[/quote]They can't argue on any grounds against it.

It's simple. Scan game, scan RZ card, hit total, accept package prices. Done deal.

The coupon might be arguable, though the rest of it isn't.

[quote name='Byramerica']The rebate deal looks good, since it doesn't have to be purchased up until 3/31/09, what I would do is wait until P&G puts out a new coupon for a Fusion razor, they do this every month or two in the Sunday's paper, plus if you do CVS Extra Care Bucks it can be even cheaper when they have those deals combined, thanks for the heads up OP, I will grab that, just got a 360 for Christmas[/quote]

There was supposed to be a $4 off coupon on the fusion in some sunday papers, I can't find a scan anywhere yet, if someone finds a scan please post, Thanks

I just went to Torrance Best Buy and they scan my reward zone but the price remained the same 29.99. The $5 coupon works but it just took it off the $29.99 price. Girl at the register didn't know squat about in store reward zone promotion and told me to print out the ad and come back. SUCKS!!!

I just bout this game today for $10 as well as the M-Audio midi Keyboard and it dosen't work with my Hp Touchsmart Pc (this sucks) anyway I'm going to download the demo and try before I open it because alot of you think its crap. Whats so wrong with it?

Went to BB scanned the game and coupon, then reward zone. Jumps to 24.99 with the coupon. She asks a manager and he said they will honor the extra $5 off. HE goes to the register and can not override the price. He said there is a safeguard in BBs computer system that keeps them from discounting a product to where it would not be profitable for them. I asked if he could charge $10 then give me a $5 GC and he said no, the drawer would be $5 short. He then showed me the employee pricing which is 5% above cost as $23.75. Long story short. I left without anything.

[quote name='sundoobie']I just went to Torrance Best Buy and they scan my reward zone but the price remained the same 29.99. The $5 coupon works but it just took it off the $29.99 price. Girl at the register didn't know squat about in store reward zone promotion and told me to print out the ad and come back. SUCKS!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']Went to BB scanned the game and coupon, then reward zone. Jumps to 24.99 with the coupon. She asks a manager and he said they will honor the extra $5 off. HE goes to the register and can not override the price. He said there is a safeguard in BBs computer system that keeps them from discounting a product to where it would not be profitable for them. I asked if he could charge $10 then give me a $5 GC and he said no, the drawer would be $5 short. He then showed me the employee pricing which is 5% above cost as $23.75. Long story short. I left without anything.[/QUOTE]

People, if you want to get the game for $9.99, don't give them the coupon. The coupon and the $20 off are both Reward Zone promotions and it looks like the coupon outweighs the $20 off in the computer system. Try giving them the coupon after the price gets knocked down to $9.99.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^That's what I did. and it jumped to 24.99[/QUOTE]

OK, tomorrow don't give them the coupon at all. Just have them scan your RZ card and the game. When the cashier totals the transaction a little box will pop up saying that you will be getting $20 off the game. You'll get the game for $9.99 then.

[quote name='Josef']OK, tomorrow don't give them the coupon at all. Just have them scan your RZ card and the game. When the cashier totals the transaction a little box will pop up saying that you will be getting $20 off the game. You'll get the game for $9.99 then.[/quote]

I know I can get it for 9.99, but I want to pay $4.99. :p I am going to try calling corporate. The thing that bothers me is that the manager intended to honor both, but the system wouldn't allow it.

[quote name='slowdive21']I know I can get it for 9.99, but I want to pay $4.99. :p I am going to try calling corporate. The thing that bothers me is that the manager intended to honor both, but the system wouldn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

A true cheapass ;) :applause:

[quote name='Josef']A true cheapass ;) :applause:[/QUOTE]

Not really, a true cheapass would realize that the time spent on the phone and the time and gas wasted in going back to the store a second time are more valuable than saving that extra $5.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not really, a true cheapass would realize that the time spent on the phone and the time and gas wasted in going back to the store a second time are more valuable than saving that extra $5.[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't understand some of you guys. This is a deal at $10. Several people have reported that the coupon doesn't work. Why bother?

Anyway, got the game and The Simpsons game both for $21 including taxes.

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. Is this available for in store pick up?

My "local" (30 minutes away) store has it in stock, but I'm not a RZ member. RZ is free, so I was going to join & order, but I didn't see anywhere online to enter a RZ code to get it for $10

Thanks for anyone who replies.

[quote name='Haggar']Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. Is this available for in store pick up?

My "local" (30 minutes away) store has it in stock, but I'm not a RZ member. RZ is free, so I was going to join & order, but I didn't see anywhere online to enter a RZ code to get it for $10

Thanks for anyone who replies.[/QUOTE]

No, it's in store only. You can enter your RZ ID on your online purchases but it's not going to get you this deal.

[quote name='Josef']No, it's in store only. You can enter your RZ ID on your online purchases but it's not going to get you this deal.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

I went ahead and picked this up the other day. It's actually decent fun and something even younger kids could play (button mashing). There are some things that aren't very appropriate for youngsters, such as the ring girl, but overall it's a fairly tame T rated game. My 6 year old daughter and I played and she got a kick out of it. I would quickly push the A button to skip the ring girl scenes. Play the against the CPU on medium or hard and you may wanna snap the disc in half.....brutally hard and so fast paced that it makes your head spin.

Grabbed this yesterday at my local BB, scanned just fine, plenty of copies in stock for the 360...now looking out for the razor deals...

Thanks to some BB RW coupons, I got this game for free.

I played it for about 30 minutes, and well, I wish I had listened to the people who said the game sucked. It's horrible. It's awful. Normally, I'd give a game more time, but I didn't much care since I paid nothing. And, this game was really, really awful.

I took the game out of the 360. Drove to Gamestop and traded it in and just paid the difference for L4D. Now, I'm a happy camper.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I went ahead and picked this up the other day. It's actually decent fun and something even younger kids could play (button mashing). There are some things that aren't very appropriate for youngsters, such as the ring girl, but overall it's a fairly tame T rated game. My 6 year old daughter and I played and she got a kick out of it. I would quickly push the A button to skip the ring girl scenes. Play the against the CPU on medium or hard and you may wanna snap the disc in half.....brutally hard and so fast paced that it makes your head spin.[/quote]
You can't treat it like a button masher though. You have to plan your dodges and your parries at lightning speed. There's a reason why dodge/charge punch was mapped to "hold down the punch button for a quarter of a second or more." You literally have to work THAT FAST to keep up with this game and ensure you keep the advantage.

I bought one just to try out the face creator. It took so long to load, I actually finished a whole battle in Valkyria Chronicles before it was done. The results were eh at best... I would be pissed off if I had just waited for it to load with nothing else to do.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not really, a true cheapass would realize that the time spent on the phone and the time and gas wasted in going back to the store a second time are more valuable than saving that extra $5.[/quote]

[quote name='rsra13']This.

I don't understand some of you guys. This is a deal at $10. Several people have reported that the coupon doesn't work. Why bother?

Anyway, got the game and The Simpsons game both for $21 including taxes.[/quote]

It's not about the money...it is about defeating best buy.

Heading off to try now.... Wish me luck.

I will tell my story when I get home from work tonight. Remember I have no card, but I am registered.

Not that the average sane person would WANT two copies, but it seems to be limit one deal per ACCOUNT. I bought one for myself and got it fine for $9.99 just using my RZ account number. My cousin played it and wanted it for $10 too, so I went back two days later and it would NOT give me the deal. Another friend I was with used his account and it went through for $9.99, so it would appear the computer knows if you used the deal once already.

In a way I'm kind of glad it does that to prevent abuse, although there's tons of ways around it, it at least makes future deals harder to abuse for the average person.

[quote name='slowdive21']It's not about the money...it is about defeating best buy.[/quote]

I like Best Buy but try to avoid going there, they do what they want with us customers as the person stated eariler that the manager ok'ed the coupon but later changed it. I have had similar problems with BB most recently radio shack black friday $29.99 Dual Shock 3 Best Buy manager made up some crap about radio shack in the mall being out then they dont have to honor it there was another radio shack like 10 mins away but I wanted to price match here. I left BB and went to Circuit City and had no problem no questions with the price match. This is not my first bad dealing with bestbuy, but sometimes the sales are so good.:drool:

bread's done
Back