Factory Sealed Game, No Disc Inside?!?!

Ive had it happen at CC during BF last year for a Madden PS2 game. On the way home I decided to open it and no game. Busted a Uey and after 20 or so minutes the manager refunded my money. First a girl asked if xbox would be okay, uh yeah if I had an xbox I would have bought the xbox version. One employee told me its kinda common for EA games. This one had all the seals around the side and top and bottom. I always open games now before i leave the store no matter what kind of weird looks I get from the employees.

This has happened to me once. but out of the 1000 odd games i have bought for all my systems over the years only happened once.

That's really unfortunate. What I do to make sure a game is inside (besides the shake trick, which I don't really like doing) is to weigh it. Generally if a game is not complete (missing manual or disc) it'll be an ounce or two lighter than normal. Of course this is only useful if you know the game's weight to begin with, but something to think about anyhow :)

I had a friend also experience the missing disk problem, so I too also do the shake and/or weight. Of course, sometimes with games that have more of a leaflet than a manual, it can be harder sometimes.

bread's done
Back