Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

If this is another four hour romp, I'm going to wait until the level cap is lifted. Anchorage was cool but the loot was useless as I didn't have anything to do when I left the simulation.

[quote name='sotc1988']DON'T BUY THE fuckING PITT! Seriously, I bought and it is literally brimming with glitches. My fingers would fall off from typing them but most importantly THE GAME FREEZES NEAR THE BEGINNING FOR WHAT SEEMS TO BE A LARGE MAJORITY (IF NOT ALL) OF THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT IT. DO NOT BUY THE PITT
Seriously pissed right now because I was really looking forward to this. What's the point of Microsoft having such a heavy approval process if pieces of shit like this get put up anyways?
EDIT: Just to make it clear, I bought it, and it is a mess that freezes all the time. Personal experience HO![/quote]
I can confirm this. As soon as you try to enter downtown it freezes. Also you see these weird red diamonds with exclamation points above storage boxes. I've heard of texture problems but didn't notice myself. Buyer beware.

[quote name='Plumbtree']I can confirm this. As soon as you try to enter downtown it freezes. Also you see these weird red diamonds with exclamation points above storage boxes. I've heard of texture problems but didn't notice myself. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

This! I am extremely angry that I woke up at 7am (non for this, just happened) and ended up wasting $10 on something that is unplayable. There better be a very quick fix for this or I will not purchase a game from Bethesda ever again. I find it unacceptable considering this was delayed content as it is and it is still this buggy.

Those red diamonds seemed to be alerting to unfinished areas. I've tried 3 times to enter downtown now and it freezes everytime. I've also noticed a lot of texture issues. Severely disappointing because I was waiting all month for this DLC and what I got was an unplayable, unfinished mess.

We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly.

www.bethblog.com

Thats the thing about DLC if its glitched and broken too bad NO refunds.

If a disk you buy at Gamestop is broken or glitched you can return it.

Our consumer protection rights need to apply to Digital content just like it does for retail stores.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']Thats the thing about DLC if its glitched and broken too bad NO refunds.

Our consumer protection rights need to apply to Digital content just like it does for retail stores.[/quote]

...What?

Yeah, your argument isn't really valid. If you bought, say, my favorite example of a broken game, Big Rigs: Over (or under or through) the Road Racing, you could not get a refund. GameStop or any other store is not going to accept a return on a game unless the disc is broke. And in that case, they will just give you another copy of the broke game.

This will be fixed, obviously. It sucks for those that bought it and were looking forward to playing it, but it isn't like you're going to be stuck with the broken file forever.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']Thats the thing about DLC if its glitched and broken too bad NO refunds.

Our consumer protection rights need to apply to Digital content just like it does for retail stores.[/QUOTE]

Right, because Bethesda isn't going to release a fixed version that is free to download for those who already purchased the DLC.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, your argument isn't really valid. If you bought, say, my favorite example of a broken game, Big Rigs: Over (or under or through) the Road Racing, you could not get a refund. GameStop or any other store is not going to accept a return on a game unless the disc is broke. And in that case, they will just give you another copy of the broke game.

This will be fixed, obviously. It sucks for those that bought it and were looking forward to playing it, but it isn't like you're going to be stuck with the broken file forever.[/quote]

Not necessarily sure that is true. If I remember correctly the first 2k baseball game on the 360 had horrendous freezing problems. I recall gamestop allowing returns on that one it was so bad. Could be wrong on that though.

This seems to be beyond broken though as in it is non functioning. If a game shipped where you couldn't even start the thing, stores would be allowing returns on them.

If anyone has an example of a store taking a hit over a game company's mistake, I'd like to see proof of it. The only way that happening is the publisher themselves pulled the plug and was reimbursing the store. Unless that is the case, no store is going to care if the game itself is broken. As long as the physical product they sold you is fine, everything else is the problem the developer and publisher. Big Rigs is close to the most broke piece of shit that was ever developed. To say you can actually "play" it is stretching the line. And yet, the game was sold, and I doubt any store took it back just because it was a complete piece of garbage.

Again, this is easy patched. It will probably be fixed in a day or two, and all of this will be forgotten. It's not the same as selling that doesn't work and never will work.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If anyone has an example of a store taking a hit over a game company's mistake, I'd like to see proof of it. The only way that happening is the publisher themselves pulled the plug and was reimbursing the store. Unless that is the case, no store is going to care if the game itself is broken. As long as the physical product they sold you is fine, everything else is the problem the developer and publisher. Big Rigs is close to the most broke piece of shit that was ever developed. To say you can actually "play" it is stretching the line. And yet, the game was sold, and I doubt any store took it back just because it was a complete piece of garbage.

Again, this is easy patched. It will probably be fixed in a day or two, and all of this will be forgotten. It's not the same as selling that doesn't work and never will work.[/quote]

First of all, I highly doubt the store would be taking the hit. From posts, you can't even ENTER the main part of the game here. IF a game released on disc and the moment you stepped in to the actual game world it froze up every time, there would be some pissed off customers. Every store would be taking those back and then the developer slash publisher would be working it out with the retail store. If a line of people all with the exact same problem came with a return to the store, do you honestly think they are going to turn them away. Highly unlikely.

Once again, from what the previous posts are saying, it isn't broken. You can't even start the game. That isn't broken, it just plain doesn't work. Broken controls and bugs are one thing. Not even being able to start the game is another.

Not quite sure why we are having this discussion though. You are arguing a game that sucks versus a game that literally can't be played.

I've read the links posted on the devs site....

This sucks but I dont think it should be a hassle for those that bought it already so long as the devs fix the file as all you would do is download it again once the new file is up.

Your account on LIVE should be credited with the file as already purchased so...I would think that once they put the file back on LIVE you'd be set. Just remember to delete the old/corrupted fle from your HDD.

Sure your going to have to wait until its back up but I dont think your out 10 bucks. Of course it sucks that this situation has gone down to begin with but it happens.

[quote name='schuerm26']Not quite sure why we are having this discussion though. You are arguing a game that sucks versus a game that literally can't be played.[/quote]

Not even close. Next time, know what you're talking about before you say something. Big Rigs was completely broken. The only thing you could kind of do was drive your truck...when in wasn't falling through the road. Nothing else in the game worked...including your opponents. It was a racing game where the other trucks didn't move. That's called broken and unplayable. It isn't even a game. And yet, it was sold, and no one was taking them back. There's no difference here...well except for that fact that this will be fixed, and Big Rigs wasn't, except for a lousy patch that kind of made your opponents drive...until they came close to the finish line...

So, as I already explained, this will easily be fixed. It's called...a mistake was made. End of story.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not even close. Next time, know what you're talking about before you say something. Big Rigs was completely broken. The only thing you could kind of do was drive your truck...when in wasn't falling through the road. Nothing else in the game worked...including your opponents. It was a racing game where the other trucks didn't move. That's called broken and unplayable. It isn't even a game. And yet, it was sold, and no one was taking them back. There's no difference here...well except for that fact that this will be fixed, and Big Rigs wasn't, except for a lousy patch that kind of made your opponents drive...until they came close to the finish line...

So, as I already explained, this will easily be fixed. It's called...a mistake was made. End of story.[/quote]

There's a HUGE difference. Ill let you figure it out.

$10 for DLC? fuck that shit. I could get a couple arcade games or pick something up off of Newegg. I'm definitely holding onto my older consoles because this DLC trend is worrisome if it continues like it is.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You dudes thinking you're out of 10 bucks are fucking wack. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of us think we are out $10, we are just out of $10 for the moment since we actually paid for this content already and can't play it unlike the people who didn't get the chance to download it since they took it off. Certain CAG members just get more annoying everytime they post and you seem to be one of them, quit trolling.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not even close. Next time, know what you're talking about before you say something. Big Rigs was completely broken. The only thing you could kind of do was drive your truck...when in wasn't falling through the road. Nothing else in the game worked...including your opponents. It was a racing game where the other trucks didn't move. That's called broken and unplayable. It isn't even a game. And yet, it was sold, and no one was taking them back. There's no difference here...well except for that fact that this will be fixed, and Big Rigs wasn't, except for a lousy patch that kind of made your opponents drive...until they came close to the finish line...

So, as I already explained, this will easily be fixed. It's called...a mistake was made. End of story.[/quote]
Just looked up that games' wiki page. That shit is WACK. Hilarious though. Was hoping this would be fixed by now...

Yep. Big Rigs is pretty damn funny, as long as you weren't ill-informed enough to buy it. If you can find it in a thrift store or something for $1 or less, it's worth fooling around with for a few minutes, just to see how damn broken it is.

YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

they should have taken more time on their DLC.

Operation Anchorage I got all hyped about and stayed up all night to buy it and I felt buyers remorse right after.

OA is the reason I decided not to get hyped about The Pitt and it looks like that was a good decision. They aren't putting enough into their DLC. I think I'm even gonna dump the game off now and wait for a GOTY edition to save money.

I loved the game but the DLC is clearly being rushed out and not worked on enough. OA had no clever ideas in it at all, it was a snorefest. I'm cashing out while I still can atleast break even.

I don't think that is the case at all. I will agree that OA was not as good as we had hoped, but it had nothing to do with being rushed out the door. The problem is that the story was not engaging, and they made it an entirely combat-oriented DLC, which is not what Fallout is about.

As far as The Pitt goes, it's apparent something happened that shouldn't have. The PC version was not affected, according to everything I have read. The files for the 360 were somehow corrupted, and they are fixing it.

As for when this will be back, seems like tomorrow, according to Bethesda's blog.

After being taken of the XBLM for maintenence yesterday, the DLC pack for Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360, "The Pitt", is back online! This isn't really a deal but a lot of people were wondering yesterday what the problem was.

*This is Xbox 360 and PC exclusive. The PC version however was not corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering I bought it the second it came out and dealt with the issue, I am glad they've resolved it so quickly.

Now, to XBLM!

Technically it's 360 & PC exclusive, but still good to let people know none-the-less. Now if only MS would let you download the same content for 360 if you bought the PC DLC and vice-versa.

I just finished re-downloading a little while ago and made it back to the Pitt area, still glitchy if you turn around, haven't checked if the first real mission of it causes freezing again, but I am thinking it is going to, nothing really seems fixed so far. Before anyone ask too, I did delete the old Pitt download and get the new one, still having issues though.

bread's done
Back