Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

I may wait to pick up DLC pack #2 before I get back into the game. Especially if it comes with a different poster than pack #1. I'd rather not pay for anything in spacebucks if I don't have to.

I dumped my copy on Goozex not too long ago to prepare for this announcement. Otherwise it might have taken forever to get rid of it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That sounds fucking incredible!!!!

So are they saying that the spaceship is already in the game, the DLC just abducts you, or the DLC places the spaceship somewhere in the map for you to find and get abducted?[/QUOTE]There's a space ship that crashed west of GPDS. When you're close you pick up a radio signal and its just a bunch of weird static garbage on loop. I'm guessing thats the distress call and you'll get abducted from that area. The alien gun you find in there is cool and if you have that dog, take him with you and order him to find all the ammo for it.

"A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC."

If you don't have the game you might as well wait. You're essentially getting all 5 DLCs for FREE! Now I wish I had waited.

I might rent the GOTY edition like I did with oblivion's GOTY edition (that is, if the content is set up the same way on a second disc). DLC imo was too short to be worth ten dollars each. Only took me about two hours to beat all the quests in each of them.

hmmm what should I do.

I'm really interested in the two new DLCs and haven't bought any of the older three yet.

Should I dump my copy of fallout now? (havent beat it) and wait till october?
I have a rather huge backlog.

Or do you think the DLC will be on a second disc and I will be able to just download it all?

I've only bought Operation Anchorage for DLC. So now I'm in the prediciment of either flipping my copy or wait for GotY. If only there was a damn Microsoft Points sale *hint* *hint* *Amazon*.

Welp, I went ahead and ditched my plain old 360 copy. $23 before bonuses at GS, almost $29 afterwards. If the GOTY version winds up including all 5 DLC packs, I'll have come out ahead. If it only has the initial 3, I'll break even.

I'll miss the game until October but I have plenty of other stuff to do.

Wow I only expected 2 or 3 of the DLC packs to come with the GOTY edition. I'm glad I ditched my copy a few weeks ago for this exact reason. The extra two packs is just icing on the cake.

October is going to be a great month. My 21st birthday, Vegas, iPhone, and now this!

[quote name='Brak']Greatest game ever made~[/QUOTE]

I almost agree with you...it is up there...if not the best.

I played the beginning at a friend's house and thought it was pretty cool, but I've resisted buying it since there haven't been any deals on it for $40 or less. I'll pick it up in October for sure. I split the cost of Oblivion GOTY with friends since we all wanted the dowloadable content, so I hope I can do that again.

Dumped my vanilla copy on Goozex for 1000 points - will be rebuying it in October since I never bought any of the DLC for it.

If this were any other game I'd dump it now, but I love Fallout way too much and I can't wait that friggin' long. I'll be buying Broken Steel in a few days and the next couple of DLC they release.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Dont understand why ppl will flip their copies. Just share the DLC with a friend using Shipwreck's guide and u can get all the content half off. ($25 instead of $50). The GOTY edition will be $50 plus you have to wait until later in the yr. "Be smart dont be a retard"[/QUOTE]
Free > $25, and I don't have to give anyone my account info.

[quote name='JJSP']Free > $25, and I don't have to give anyone my account info.[/QUOTE]

all u need is a memory card and a friends system. No info is being exchanged. How is it free?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ohboy10451']all u need is a memory card and a friends system. No info is being exchanged. How is it free?[/QUOTE]
If you can flip your regular copy for close to what you paid for it, Bethesda is going to include all of the DLC in the GOTY edition. Thus, figure the $59.99 you spent originally (which many of us spent less thanks to CAG) gets you the game again plus $50 worth of DLC.

Even if you shared it, Bethesda including it for free beats $25, buying a memory card, sharing it, and losing everything once your box takes a shit.

[quote name='JJSP']If you can flip your regular copy for close to what you paid for it, Bethesda is going to include all of the DLC in the GOTY edition. Thus, figure the $59.99 you spent originally (which many of us spent less thanks to CAG) gets you the game again plus $50 worth of DLC.

Even if you shared it, Bethesda including it for free beats $25, buying a memory card, sharing it, and losing everything once your box takes a shit.[/QUOTE]

If purchased when released, lets say $50 plus $25 in DLC is the same as buying for $50, selling for $30 max then buying again for $50

Don't have any other friends that got into Fallout 3. Besides, bought it for $60, traded it for $33, now I'm only paying another $30 for a fresh copy of the game along with all the DLC. Total savings of $20. Not much but it's better than nothing. This is CAG.

Just finished Broken Steel. Awesome. Well worth my $10. They can seriously just keep releasing DLC for this, and I'll just keep buying it. Can't get enough of Fallout 3.

What is the return policy at Blockbuster? Just bought a used copy today. Might as well return it and wait if at all possible. Anyone know the return policy?

In the IGN interview they said they aren't increasing the lvl cap past 30. It makes sense at 30, you should have nearly all skills and attributes maxed.

I'm surprised they don't just keep on releasing new DLC, they're making a killing on it and it's obviously cheaper than developing a whole new game and they're making a killing off of it. Just keep a couple guys on Fallout 3 and get everyone else working on TESV :D

[quote name='PhrostByte']Was that an Eminem quote?[/QUOTE]That's exactly what I was going to ask when I read that. He says that in the song Guilty Conscience, I think.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']That's exactly what I was going to ask when I read that. He says that in the song Guilty Conscience, I think.[/QUOTE]
That is correct, near the end of the song.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm surprised they don't just keep on releasing new DLC, they're making a killing on it and it's obviously cheaper than developing a whole new game and they're making a killing off of it. Just keep a couple guys on Fallout 3 and get everyone else working on TESV :D[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they will. It only makes sense to have some more in the winter. Keep on raking in the money until New Vegas comes out.

[quote name='schuerm26']I wonder if they will. It only makes sense to have some more in the winter. Keep on raking in the money until New Vegas comes out.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to pay more money for Fallout content, because I enjoy it so incredibly much. Can't wait for more DLC, New Vegas, and GOTY edition.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm surprised they don't just keep on releasing new DLC, they're making a killing on it and it's obviously cheaper than developing a whole new game and they're making a killing off of it. Just keep a couple guys on Fallout 3 and get everyone else working on TESV :D[/QUOTE]
That's why only a small sector of Bethesda and Obsidian are working on New Vegas, which is just going to be a brand new story with the same engine... AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I imagine everyone else is working on TESV.

Can't wait for the next ES game I just hope they bring the level up system over from Fallout. Jumping everywhere and crouching into a corner fucking sucked.

and a Super "Ogre" named Schmawkes.

I just closed out all my possible achievements by getting the 3 Level 30s. Took awhile since I ran out of quests. Ended up scouring downtown DC in order kill each and every super mutant in order to get the blood samples. Got weird after awhile once I would go back and not get attacked by anything.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How about them Reavers? Nice addition.[/QUOTE]

They're awesome. The first one I encountered killed the shit out of me.

bread's done
Back