Fallout 4 Megathread (Xbox One)

I only saw the book on the nightstand but is that the same one that you're talking about? Didn't know that you can collect it. I only heard my character made a comment about Shaun when I examined it or can you only collect it later after the nukes drop?
I think after the nukes drop. Haven't got that far, so take my take as you will.

Want the gun in the 111 vault, but don't have master lockpick? You can call on Dogmeat and tell him to fetch a item. Just go into the office, stand looking at the gun and tell Dogmeat to fetch a item, he will then go over to the gun and and glitch the gun out till he has it.

I tried and tried and tried. He would never get it on xbox one. Brought me some stimpacks thats about it now he finds nothing. Also thought it was weird the commands were dulled out like you cant do it but you can still make him fetch nothing

I tried and tried and tried. He would never get it on xbox one. Brought me some stimpacks thats about it now he finds nothing. Also thought it was weird the commands were dulled out like you cant do it but you can still make him fetch nothing
My buddy said he tried it for like 30 minutes last night and couldn't get it either, we figured the glitch was only possible on the pc version perhaps?

Maybe I was watching it on YouTube, didn't say what platform they was using. Oh well, guess the infinit cap glitch works?

Yeah there is a n infinite glitch for caps and now I've seen one for adhesives.

Not gonna partake, I'll do it the regular way. ATM I'm sitting pretty with my weapons, gear and materials really.

About how long does it takes before you meet dog meat? I want to see if I can get that weapon or not.
Like every location in the wasteland you'll be able to return to it. Just come back when you have the needed skills.

You gain Dogmeat after Sanctuary, when you go exploring.

My buddy said he tried it for like 30 minutes last night and couldn't get it either, we figured the glitch was only possible on the pc version perhaps?

A guy said he did it on xbox one not that long ago so i dont know guess its ymmv

I got it to work by following exactly what she did on the video. Make sure you command dog meat to go near the cage door first and tell him to fetch items for you afterward. I did the fetch command the first time without commanding him to go near the door and it didn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=Mx6djzgm9n0

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive played about 8 hours so far. I am sure ive accomplished nothing but I realized I have never found a merchant yet. Just did a quest in Concord and I just store everything I think in the benches. Im not sure it actually stays there though.

I also had a miserable bug inside the Concord factory. I had nothing wrong but no matter how much i healed my health would drain to just a sliver. I burned through every healing item i had just standing around. There was nothing health wise wrong with me.

I got it to work by following exactly what she did on the video. Make sure you command dog meat to go near the cage door first and tell him to fetch items for you afterward. I did the fetch command the first time without commanding him to go near the door and it didn't work.
Yeah did all that he just finds nothing ill go back and try again just isnt working for me lol

I also had a miserable bug inside the Concord factory. I had nothing wrong but no matter how much i healed my health would drain to just a sliver. I burned through every healing item i had just standing around. There was nothing health wise wrong with me.
Wow that sucks. Lol I got a bug where I was in a combat charging laser rifle loop against a deathclaw (apparently I was supposed to use the power armor in that situation), and I ended up killing the thing (companions and NPCs doing the dmg) with a sliver of HP left, 1HP infact. I put it up on my instagram account http://www.pikore.com/mikekolb9

Why would that be? Can't you return to Vault 111 at any time?
You can return Vault 111 anytime but I think the glitch won't work at all after you failed to fetch the gun the first try, since dog meat would either stop searching for it or the game tells you that there isn't any items available. So if that happens I would just reload the save and try and fetch the gun again.

Wow that sucks. Lol I got a bug where I was in a combat charging laser rifle loop against a deathclaw (apparently I was supposed to use the power armor in that situation), and I ended up killing the thing (companions and NPCs doing the dmg) with a sliver of HP left, 1HP infact. I put it up on my instagram account http://www.pikore.com/mikekolb9
Lol just by a hair. I think the random non game crashing are as much fun as the game. Every Bethesda game has them and you never know when they are coming. They put plenty of crap in the worlds so even in my situation I can recover. And GD i hate those death claws

You can return Vault 111 anytime but I think the glitch won't work at all after you failed to fetch the gun the first try, since dog meat would either stop searching for it or the game tells you that there isn't any items available. So if that happens I would just reload the save and try and fetch the gun again.
Yeah i should have thought of that, it's no big deal i play on easy anyway. i will get that gun as soon as I hit 18 i am thinking

I got the Dog to fetch the gun for me tonight,
I didn't ask him to go near the door, he already was close, so I just asked him to fetch. Don't forget, the gun will be empty and the ammo will be in his inventory.
I tried all kinds of cheats tonight, got that gun, got a few duplicate I am Special books for the skill points, did the same trick with fusion cores and then tried the bottle cap glitch. I feel like I'm well stocked up now.

Had my first game freeze a bit ago, thankfully I had saved maybe 30 seconds before, was walking down the street following Dogmeat taking down a scent.

I was able to go back and get the gun with Dogmeat with no problem, blew the ammo against the Boston Common encounter to no help.

I have not done any exploits, on the fence because I've seen a thing or two that I wouldn't mind buying.

Is there a reason why that I can collect dismembered body parts?

Edit: Never mind those are just armor parts.

How much Charisma are you supposed to have to be able to be romantic with companions? My attempts to flirt keep Failing. Awkward!

Finally got to level 13 today which means I can craft a damn supressor on my guns. When your doing a stealth/rouge build it makes all the difference.

My starting stats.

S 1

P 6

E 1

C 1

I 6

A 7

L 6

The build is rough early game, but it gets better once you start getting perks into weapons and sneak. Plus silenced weapons are a blessing.

I did have a hell of a glitch today. A building was glitching in and out of visibility and I could not run which sucked because I needed to run because I was under fire.

Is the free copy of fallout 3 the goty version?

I have been searching the net. Seems like NO one knows. IGN, reddit, polygon, no sure answer

I just learned you can pickpocket power cores from power armor. Essentially making the enemy useless because they can't use their armor. God I love pick-pocketing.

So i tried streaming for one of my first times on xbox one even though i doubt anyone is watching lol this is too annoying!!![attachment=18341:image.jpeg]

They couldnt find any other effing place to put that could they

I got the PS4 version, but that thread is not very active, so I will ask here: How many hours did you guys play in the first week? I turned my system off last night and had logged 25 hours. I literally just reached Diamond City. Character is almost level 15.

I used to know that answer but Raptr sucks now and doesn't track consoles. My time was also temporarily interrupted by the NXOE.

I think I'm at 18 hours, have done a bit in Diamond City, got the new companion so I don't ever have to do the stupid terminal hacking again.

Im around 30 hours and i am just reaching diamond city doing some main story things i guess? Im not really sure but there is so much stuff i still have to do lol.

This game... I'm in love. I changed my Facebook status to in a relationship with Fallout 4 Hahaha.

At first I didn't want to be at Diamond City, wish they've got issues, my little piece of the Commonwealth known as Sanctuary was all I wanted. Then I started talking to all the residents, browsed all the shops and buildings, - huge side note the Science Station at Sanctuary is uber useful with all the crafting stations (although they're not linked to your crafting supplies back home) - and reluctantly gave my interview. Did a few more side quests and just happened to run into the main quest, another vault, by sheer chance. This isn't even mentioning building up power and defenses for my outposts, finding useful crafting material, and tweaking my weapons a plenty. Awesome game, so much to do..

So can you removed the mods from weapon you found in the wastelands and use it on other weapons or the only thing you can do is scrap them?

So can you removed the mods from weapon you found in the wastelands and use it on other weapons or the only thing you can do is scrap them?
You can't just remove a mod, but what you can do is replace it by building the "standard" version of that weapon part, which will put the replaced mod into your inventory so you can use it on another gun.

Welcome to a Bethesda game lol.
I know. I dont care about the strange bugs i got in skyrim and other Fallouts either. I only wish i was using the game dvr going for this one. A raider was running into a wall and I popped him a few times without vats and when he died he literally shot straight up and up and up ect i could see him disappear in the sky. Waited and waited and the guy never came down. I couldn't stop laughing.

bread's done
Back