Fallout 4 Megathread (Xbox One)

I've heard some quests can expire, mainly just the Minuteman ones.

Haven't played any this weekend, too many good football and hockey games. Glad Fallout 4 doesn't have a time system similar to initially rolled out system in State of Decay. Lol I'd be screwed.

Yeah supposedly any of the "Defend settlement from raider attack" or "Save kidnapped settler" objectives can fail if you wait too long to do them.

Yeah supposedly any of the "Defend settlement from raider attack" or "Save kidnapped settler" objectives can fail if you wait too long to do them.
Are those clearly announced to you when they occur? Like, is there an on-screen warning and does it show up under your mission screen in the pipboy? I don't think I've gotten one yet, but now I'm paranoid and can't wait to check tonight...

There's an on-screen notification of the new objective but it's quick so you might miss it if you were paying attention to something else. I don't know if there's really any penalty for not doing one though.

There's an on-screen notification of the new objective but it's quick so you might miss it if you were paying attention to something else. I don't know if there's really any penalty for not doing one though.
Yeah prob just having what's his face dislike you a bit. Preston

Like I care, god every time I pick up junk in my HQ he goes well that just looks like junk to me.

You're living in a settlement built from "just junk"!

Yeah I had a "Defend the Settlement" pop up in my log and was like 'eh I will get to it later I really want to finish this one thing. I fast traveled to the other quest I was on and when I got there it popped up that I failed to defend the settlement and I looked and both the settlers there were gone. I just booted up the quicksave from literally right before I fast traveled and fast traveled to that settlement instead and I was able to complete it just in time then! : P

Lol just did the Take back the Castle quest and loved it.
So the way I went about was
Throw out a bunch of mines and let them charge us, BOOM, boom, boom!
I liked the boss segment as well. First time I try to go up against the Queen I got killed because I put the mine too close to me and in the second time I got killed because I had the flamer causing me to be too heavy. Queen kills me stabbing me in the chest lol. Yet the third time I got the Queen throwing out bottle cap mines, two of them, boom boom couple headshots, she's down.

OK So I've found a few lunch boxes around. Is there a way to make those into bottle cap mines like in fallout 3? I like the little confetti that goes out when you open one reminds me of Halo's Grunt's animation.

Edit: Ok, nvm I'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funniest thing happened to me last night during the quest "Confidence Man."

You're supposed to stage a bar fight, so I'm fighting just bare knuckled with these guys, all of a sudden I hear a revving sound behind me... Look over and Nick has his chainsaw out, straight murdering this dude and cutting him up. Wtf Nick?!  :cold:

Funniest thing happened to me last night during the quest "Confidence Man."

You're supposed to stage a bar fight, so I'm fighting just bare knuckled with these guys, all of a sudden I hear a revving sound behind me... Look over and Nick has his chainsaw out, straight murdering this dude and cutting him up. Wtf Nick?! :cold:
The same thing happened to me. Once it was over I got yelled at by the bar tender. I had to a reload and worked out better that time.

I just went with it. At first I was worried that that would make me fail the quest, but it actually proceeded so naturally from there that at the end I wondered if it was even possible to do it differently.

Anyone collecting certain items for decoration of their houses/settlements?

I have: 

- A fleet of Giddyup Buttercups (and assorted heads). 

- Shelves of skulls, full, capless and uppers.

- Bathtub of rib cages, pelvises and assorted leg arm bones. 

- Bathtub of Pre-War Money. 

- Multiple shopping baskets with collections of baseballs, radiated glands, skull pieces, etc. 

- Shopping cart of Mini-Nukes

- Mountain of Comfy Pillows

- Jangles The Moon Monkey Tea Party

Anyone collecting certain items for decoration of their houses/settlements?

I have:

- A fleet of Giddyup Buttercups (and assorted heads).

- Shelves of skulls, full, capless and uppers.

- Bathtub of rib cages, pelvises and assorted leg arm bones.

- Bathtub of Pre-War Money.

- Multiple shopping baskets with collections of baseballs, radiated glands, skull pieces, etc.

- Shopping cart of Mini-Nukes

- Mountain of Comfy Pillows

- Jangles The Moon Monkey Tea Party
Seek professional help.

I wander into an abandoned building near the coast, kill a mirelurk and find a ceramic bowl in its gut. Immediately feel rewarded, go back to fort and build the add-on which I was short of materials -1 ceramic piece. Buildings constructed, huzzah! Lol this is my life right now.

Had something hilarious happen to me last night. I fast traveled to Sanctuary Hills and Trashcan Carla's brahmin was stuck inside one of the houses. I walked up near it, and it attacked me, or at least the game interpreted it as being hostile to me. Instantly, Carla starts shooting at me, settlers start shooting at Carla, basically the place erupts. But the funny part was that Piper and a couple of other companions evidently sided with Carla, because they were shooting at me and the settlers loyal to me! The place instantly went from zero to full-blown civil war in the streets.

^ Yeah lol, there was a lone Brahmin patrolling around the ol' settlement. I decided I'll get some steaks. Yup as soon as I killed it everyone went hostile lol. WTF was that?! OK, note to self don't kill the cow, load save, continue.

Yeah Trashcan Carla and her brahmin have taken up permanent residence at Sanctuary Hills in my game. I thought they were supposed to travel around the map, but whatever, it's super handy to have her there all the time. I wonder if it's because I barricaded the entrance to the point where the brahmin actually can't leave.

Yeah, that'll def help. She might run out of money though lol. I want all the perks but I have to get local leader sometime so I can setup some shops.

Yeah Trashcan Carla and her brahmin have taken up permanent residence at Sanctuary Hills in my game. I thought they were supposed to travel around the map, but whatever, it's super handy to have her there all the time. I wonder if it's because I barricaded the entrance to the point where the brahmin actually can't leave.
I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the barricade. I'm level 26, haven't done a single settlement thing yet, and she's always at Sanctuary when I return to drop off my junk. Maybe it's a programming bug or maybe it's the game's way of helping us get easy access to a vendor. I do think they are supposed to travel around though. I'm having too much fun exploring to start working on a settlement. Lol.

Last night I discovered the joys of Ballistic Weave, which is honestly ridiculously OP. Between that and the Overseer's Guardian, I just feel sorry for the enemies at this point.

I started the game when it first came out and then put it down to get back to Destiny.  This week I decided to pick it up and start over again paying attention to the few tutorials.  Now that I actually know what I'm doing when crafting I spent way too much time in Sanctuary.  I only put in 4-5 hours, but I think most of that was tearing down debris and putting beds together.  Then looking for things I could equip on Dogmeat.  Ok, maybe I eventually need to head to Diamond City...  I knew I was going to get drawn in which is why I put it off for a bit.

Great game overall, but there were just too many good games this year to contend with Fallout 4. TDLR review: Improves upon Fallout 3 in graphics and gameplay, but falls short in story and still carrys too many bethesda bugs/glitches. I'd say It's better then FO3 but worst then New Vegas.

Lol just did the Take back the Castle quest and loved it.
So the way I went about was
Throw out a bunch of mines and let them charge us, BOOM, boom, boom!
I liked the boss segment as well. First time I try to go up against the Queen I got killed because I put the mine too close to me and in the second time I got killed because I had the flamer causing me to be too heavy. Queen kills me stabbing me in the chest lol. Yet the third time I got the Queen throwing out bottle cap mines, two of them, boom boom couple headshots, she's down.
[SIZE=12.8px]Interesting strategy. Mine was to
Hide inside the castle, taking a few shots with the Fat Man, a few with the Missile Launcher, then whittle it down the rest of the way with a powerful laser musket.
[/SIZE]

I like how the Vault suit looks, but I can't say no to that sweet +110 defense from my Armored Baseball Uniform. :)

Anyone else play Life is Strange right before this? I've recognized Ashly Burch as a couple of different characters in F4. Keep expecting to hear about "hella radiation" or something. :lol:

what level is everyone on? I'm bout to hit lvl 62.
56, and that's with over 4 1/2 days of gameplay (that's how I spent 1 of the 3 weeks of vacation I took in late November). I'm curious how long it took you to get to 62, since I have a feeling, I didn't level up optimally, and that I spent a lot of time exploring early on. Also, did you complete the story-related missions? (I did.)

bout the same amount of time it took you 4 days or so. I also used the special glitch and then put pts into the night person (always turn in mission during the night), idiot savant maxed I get it to trigger alot more then you think when I have Int at 10. With those all working together I can earn upwards to 6000 xp depending on what mission I turned in and then if the idiot kicks in while I'm killing I can get from 300 to 600 xp for each kill. I finished the main quest around lvl 53, so alot of exploring and killing.

Lol 23, been watching College Football, NFL, NHL, working and playing Rare Replay.

Sooo, I finally got to uploading some of the videos I made. First one is just that oh so pleasing kill shot. This instance it's a lone ghoul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LE1jhanvac

Now is the revenge of the ghouls, after popping a few from on top a skyscraper lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7XPOwuHhw

Scared the shit out of me and I was gaming with a headset so I was way loud at that moment.

Yeah they got up those stairs fast!  :wall:

Some people are complaining about the price increase of the season pass but what Bethesda and consumers need to really worry about is the product description: "get the Fallout 4 Season Pass and get all Fallout 4 DLC for one S.P.E.C.I.A.L. price."

If Bethesda tries to put any DLC outside of the season pass then they could find themselves in a bad place...especially given the ferocity of the EU consumer protection laws.

Some people are complaining about the price increase of the season pass but what Bethesda and consumers need to really worry about is the product description: "get the Fallout 4 Season Pass and get all Fallout 4 DLC for one S.P.E.C.I.A.L. price."

If Bethesda tries to put any DLC outside of the season pass then they could find themselves in a bad place...especially given the ferocity of the EU consumer protection laws.
That's not a concern. Bethesda already stated that even if you only paid $29.99 for the season pass, you still get all the future DLCs.

That's not a concern. Bethesda already stated that even if you only paid $29.99 for the season pass, you still get all the future DLCs.
I was more thinking if they tried to do a 'season 2' or basically anything outside of the initial 'season pass' ala Borderlands 2. (it clearly says ALL DLC on all three storefronts)

Finally beat the game this weekend! Need to go back and do the other end paths (Institute ending, and Brotherhood of Steel questlines), and then just clean up a couple other miscellaneous things for the 1000.

So everyone is playing through Nuka World so it got me back into this game. It's nuts, I get swept up in the RPG open world and just quit it for a while and then come back to it again. I'm not playing the DLC, waiting on a GotY ed or massive sale, and instead got to the part where I romanced a character. Piper is my NPC bud for life atm lol and I can't believe she liked all those times I used a lock pick lol.

Finished helping yet another settlement and Preston opened up to me. Wow, great characters, great voice work, love the culmination with weapons and I'm just starting to put up shops in my little village that everybody knows my name. 👌

I'm loving everything but the need to repair power armor which I can't equip onto a "naked chasis" and then when I go to the armor table it says I don't have any armor to work on?!

Sooo close to finishing this once and for all! Just a couple Nuka-World quests to hammer out and then I should be 1600/1600 tonight or tomorrow.

Overall my opinion is mixed on the game. I really enjoy the exploring and shooting, the gun customization, and the phenomenal soundtrack. Had some problems with the story though.

Primarily that the Institute just made no sense. I still don't understand their motivation or what they even believed they were accomplishing. Seemed like it boiled down to:

1. Kidnap and murder people and replace them with enslaved spy robots, even though they never seem to actually do anything with the intelligence they receive

2. Spend most of their time and resources tracking down the robots that escape or go rogue, which seems to be most of them

3. ????

4. The betterment of humanity!

Spy..I think you need to "hang" your power armor on the power armor workbench before you can repair it and then mod it. If you're in Santcuary, it's the yellow piece of metal stuff right above your regular armor bench on the carport. You have to exit your armor almost right underneath it (and I always turned around like backing my car in the driveway, then hold exit).

You'll know you did it right when you can select "craft" I think when looking at the power armor station.

Ryuu, 100% agreed. The gameplay, setting. environment, characters, etc were all incredible. I actually redboxed it when it came out and within an hour went and bought it at BBY. I'm waiting for a sale on the DLC.

I'll share some thoughts on the story when I'm off mobile and can use the spoiler tag.

bread's done
Back