Fallout: New Vegas 19.99$ 360/PS3

As posted already in the Flyers thread. But thank you - it is a hot enough deal worthy of its own thread, IMO.

As hot as it may seem at this point, I can't allow myself to buy this game. It's obviously going to get a GotY release with all of the DLC. I'll just wait, as I did with Fallout 3.

[quote name='matsam']As hot as it may seem at this point, I can't allow myself to buy this game. It's obviously going to get a GotY release with all of the DLC. I'll just wait, as I did with Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]
There's so much gameplay time to put into the game, I would almost get it now because it'll take that long to even get to the point where you use the DLC.

I bought the FO3 GOTY edition, but even after ~20-30 hours I'm no where near the DLC content.

[quote name='Naylord']I'm scared to buy such a buggy game myself.[/QUOTE]

This. Actually, for me it's just that I'd feel bad supporting such a rushed product.

[quote name='matsam']As hot as it may seem at this point, I can't allow myself to buy this game. It's obviously going to get a GotY release with all of the DLC. I'll just wait, as I did with Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

I know where your coming from, I'll still buy the GOTY myself, but until then the regular game itself will have to hold me over!

Great deal! Had my eye on the game for a while! Thanks for the heads up! Just bought it now myself:)

It is actually less buggy than FO3 was. It didn't ever lock up my system where FO3 would do it every three hours or so

The resell value for this game will still be around the 20-30$ mark even in few months and by then you can sell it. I believe it was real buggy on release many patches should be released for it since then, It's time to give it a go for me :D

It's not broken like Fallout 3 was. In fact, I was more frustrated with the game itself than the bugs. I had to reset it twice the whole time I played it, both times I got stuck in slow-motion with VATS (one time with a fucking cazador in which my Xbox nearly went out the window), but, speaking strictly in terms of bugs, I had a worse time by far with Fallout 3.

[quote name='DMPugh']This. Actually, for me it's just that I'd feel bad supporting such a rushed product.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to feel this way with Bethesda. The guys in Gamestop always ask if I want to preorder Skyrim. Hah, no thank you.

This whole "too buggy" thing is getting a little ridiculous. The game has an auto-save and it takes 5 seconds to save the game. I've had it glitch/freeze/etc maybe twice in a span of a 10-20 hour gameplay file, and all I do is just save frequently.

It has been blown out of proportion, and only furthered by people's misconceptions. You just have to take a little extra caution playing the game by saving semi-frequently, which you should probably do with any game anyway if you're that concerned about losing progress.

Besides, the game is getting patched this week to take care of the long-standing bugs. PC patch hit yesterday, 360 should be by the end of this week, and PS3, well - whenever the PSN comes back on-line.

This exact same thing happened with Fallout 2 ~15 years ago...same develop,too (Black Ilse back then).

Worst thing about PC developers making console games...but the same people making the same mistakes for this long?

How in the fuck do they keep their jobs?

I complained about this game over in the flyers thread, but thought I'd re-iterate some of it here, and hopefully keep some of you from wasting your time and money...
I had the game lock up on me around a dozen times (although, that was over the course of 90-some hours...). I also hit a couple of bugs that wouldn't let me complete quests, and one where one of my followers got stuck in an unbreakable dialogue loop with an intercom --- even if I knocked her unconscious and pushed her into another room, when she woke up, she'd run right back to the intercom... Obviously can't speak to the latest patch, but even after the 1.2 patch, the game was still buggy.
Bugs and glitches aside, the game was kind of enjoyable for the first 10-15 hours or so, then turned into a mind-numbing slog of snooze-riffic proportions... If it weren't for those damned achievements, I'd have given up shortly after I made it to New Vegas...

Hi guys, any chance Best Buy can ship to U.S. from Canada if I create an account? Too bad US Best Buy doesn't have it at that price.

[quote name='JayVG']Hi guys, any chance Best Buy can ship to U.S. from Canada if I create an account? Too bad US Best Buy doesn't have it at that price.[/QUOTE]

It was that price at Gamestop all month for their sale.

^^^ that's still not as bad as Fallout 2 where it was impossible to finish the game for a good 3-6 months after release, and nobody's saves worked after patch (at least they let u know that though).

PC developers used to blame all the different PC set-ups for game ending bugs/glitches like these....what's their excuse for game consoles?

bread's done
Back