Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

[quote name='Ruahrc']That's pretty cool about getting the GS Preorder bonus with the CE! I actually wanted that dlc code as it has the "trusty vault 13 canteen" which helps a little when playing hardcore mode (which I intend to do).

My dilemma is whether of not to keep mine sealed for now, or open it and trade it back in. I KNOW I'm not going to get around to playing this game for a while (still playing through FO3 at the moment, with a backlog to boot) and realistically by the time I get around to playing this there will likely be a GOTY version out. I could just keep the CE extras for $5 and pick up the GOTY later on, and then have myself an "ultimate hybrid CE" like I have with my FO3 (CE box with GOTY game +DLC). I am just not 100% sure this will actually get a GOTY version? The DLC releases seem to be pretty slow and the game as a whole not quite as well received as it's predecessor. It's possible they may not think it worth their while to develop and release all the planned DLC if the sales are low?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

It's Bethesda. They like money. They are definitely going to release a GOTY version.

i picked mine up today!

went to gamestop and looked and looked and didnt see it. so i asked the cashier where it was and he said they were out. i asked him if he was sure cause the online tracker said the location had it...then he said oh yeah i think there is one left in the storage room. and voila, out it came

Amblix I don't know if you're doing a bad job at cleaning out Sacramento or just bluffing for the last few posts, but I was able to get several copies for me and some buddies.

:bouncy:

Anyone seen a version that doesn't have a banner on the top of the box for the system? I got the last sealed one at a store near me, but I have no idea why it looks different than the one they had which was opened. The box looks more like the one in the stock CE picture. The employee told me it was an X360 version, but the opened one they had featured a different style box.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Anyone seen a version that doesn't have a banner on the top of the box for the system? I got the last sealed one at a store near me, but I have no idea why it looks different than the one they had which was opened. The box looks more like the one in the stock CE picture. The employee told me it was an X360 version, but the opened one they had featured a different style box.[/QUOTE]

Under the plastic wrap, there is a cardboard sleeve covering the box that looks like the box, but also has system banner (PC, Xbox, PS3) on the top and a UPC on the back. Without the sleeve, the box doesn't have any markings to say what it system it is for....it just has fallout new vegas collectors edition on it. Possibly you got resealed box without a sleeve?

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']i have 5 fallout ce's thanks to this deal :) buy low sell high, already sold 2 at 65$ each[/QUOTE]

Would've been nice if you left it for other gamers who might want it to keep instead of hoarding it all. Then again, who am I to judge.

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']i have 5 fallout ce's thanks to this deal :) buy low sell high, already sold 2 at 65$ each[/QUOTE]

sd is calling you back...please listen....

IPlay4Fun=IRoamGamestop4Flips

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Would've been nice if you left it for other gamers who might want it to keep instead of hoarding it all. Then again, who am I to judge.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='donut']sd is calling you back...please listen....[/QUOTE]
[quote name='merchie89']IPlay4Fun=IRoamGamestop4Flips[/QUOTE]
What's to say that those 'other gamers' wouldn't have just done the same? Or that the employees would've simply bought them up to sell wherever?

I say if someone finds a stash of a game/item that's worth more to other people and they want to make a bit of a profit by selling it, then who are we to judge. Free market system and all that.;)

Yeah, if Gamestop can make money off used games with their tactics, why cant anyone else? Buisness is buisness

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah, if Gamestop can make money off used games with their tactics, why cant anyone else? Buisness is buisness[/QUOTE]

goddamn you misspelled business twice! sorry i just had to mention it because you actually typed everything perfectly except in the end..

Because hoarding is selfish and greedy and it makes other people mad when you talk about it. If you're going to be a dirty hoarder, at least keep it to yourself.

[quote name='eastx']Because hoarding is selfish and greedy and it makes other people mad when you talk about it. If you're going to be a dirty hoarder, at least keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Say that to the people talking constantly about flipping New Vegas in the Best Buy trade-In thread. Seriously people need to get over themselves. Ya snooze ya lose, plain and simple.

[quote name='eastx']Because hoarding is selfish and greedy and it makes other people mad when you talk about it. If you're going to be a dirty hoarder, at least keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

yep.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ'] Ya snooze ya lose, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

while that is true, bragging about it is being a douche.

But at least CAG has a very good way for douches to self-identify.

I don't think you understand the word hoarding. Most hoarders do not sell or part with anything.

Perhaps you mean Capitalism?

Doing it is one thing. Doing it and then gloating about it when some people weren't able to pick it up when they wanted to actually play it is another thing. That other thing is being a complete ass.

[quote name='Camre']Doing it is one thing. Doing it and then gloating about it when some people weren't able to pick it up when they wanted to actually play it is another thing. That other thing is being a complete ass.[/QUOTE]

Yep. But these douches will tell you it's just capitalism and you're to blame for being so slow.

But why do these people get mad? It's likely because they themselves couldn't find X or Y item to sell themselves to make a few bucks on. Just look on eBay or Amazon for some of the same user names of people complaining about people hoarding and reselling these items. You'll see there are a LOT of hypocrites on here.:roll:
[quote name='Camre']Doing it is one thing. Doing it and then gloating about it when some people weren't able to pick it up when they wanted to actually play it is another thing. That other thing is being a complete ass.[/QUOTE]
Well then. If those people truly wanted it, then they should pay fair market value for it. Original MSRP was $80 for this item. No other place is selling it for $30 right now that I know of.

But chances are even if someone were to offer to buy up a bunch of these and sell strictly to CAG's, you'd have the usual people offering UNDER cost and not even factoring in shipping costs or offering (insert old ass game valued at $4-5) in trade for a new/sealed CE.

That's why if you check my feedback I stick mainly to certain select CAG's for deals and unless newer people wanting to deal with me are willing to not be total lowballers then I largely ignore the PM's from them offering some redonkulous offer for a bunch of my stuff.

We're all here for the deals, but some of us have lost their grip on reality if they think people are going to LOSE money just to get them a deal(that they'll likely turn around and resell).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But why do these people get mad? It's likely because they themselves couldn't find X or Y item to sell themselves to make a few bucks on. Just look on eBay or Amazon for some of the same user names of people complaining about people hoarding and reselling these items. You'll see there are a LOT of hypocrites on here.:roll:

Well then. If those people truly wanted it, then they should pay fair market value for it. Original MSRP was $80 for this item. No other place is selling it for $30 right now that I know of.

But chances are even if someone were to offer to buy up a bunch of these and sell strictly to CAG's, you'd have the usual people offering UNDER cost and not even factoring in shipping costs or offering (insert old ass game valued at $4-5) in trade for a new/sealed CE.

That's why if you check my feedback I stick mainly to certain select CAG's for deals and unless newer people wanting to deal with me are willing to not be total lowballers then I largely ignore the PM's from them offering some redonkulous offer for a bunch of my stuff.

We're all here for the deals, but some of us have lost their grip on reality.[/QUOTE]

1) FFS, would you please stfu already about people lowballing you on CAG?
2) Who are these hypocrites you speak of?

I think it's a case of "I'm a bad person, so really all people are bad." as his philosophy. And yeah, that hypocrites argument is unprovable and nonsensical.

[quote name='giantqtipz']goddamn you misspelled business twice! sorry i just had to mention it because you actually typed everything perfectly except in the end..[/QUOTE]

Buisness is buisness man...

[quote name='confoosious']1) FFS, would you please stfu already about people lowballing you on CAG?
2) Who are these hypocrites you speak of?[/QUOTE]
I just want to keep that 'don't lowball me' thing out there so people know to avoid my TL and/or not offer me $2 SHIPPED for something I want $15 plus shipping for. As for the hypocrites, there are enough of them, but I'm not going to do the legwork for you.
[quote name='eastx']I think it's a case of "I'm a bad person, so really all people are bad." as his philosophy. And yeah, that hypocrites argument is unprovable and nonsensical.[/QUOTE]
I'm willing to bet that some of the self same people complaining about folks flipping/reselling items from deals on here have done the exact same at one time or another.

Again though, I'm not going to do the legwork for you, but I have no doubt that some of these people are hypocrites.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just want to keep that 'don't lowball me' thing out there so people know to avoid my TL and/or not offer me $2 SHIPPED for something I want $15 plus shipping for. As for the hypocrites, there are enough of them, but I'm not going to do the legwork for you.

I'm willing to bet that some of the self same people complaining about folks flipping/reselling items from deals on here have done the exact same at one time or another.

Again though, I'm not going to do the legwork for you, but I have no doubt that some of these people are hypocrites.[/QUOTE]

In other words, you're projecting your actions and view of the world onto other people and making completely baseless claims. You could be an excellent politician, but you won't win any arguments that way.

Also, whether or not some random guy who's obviously not part of the conversation has done a bad thing remains completely irrelevant to the discussion.
"Hey, Joey Joe Joe killed a man once! That means I'm allowed to kill people too! You can't get mad at me for killing people!"
See how silly that looks when you change the offense? Other people's actions are not a defense for your own actions.

When it comes right down to it, all that matters is that bragging about hoarding or mentioning your hoarding makes a lot of people mad. If you like making your fellow CAGs mad, then go on being a tool. Derail threads and wallow in your own crapulence. However, the non-tool thing to do would be to realize that action offends people and thus shut up about it.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Kind of a long shot but are there any of these left?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, IamtheCheapestGamer got them all. The good news is that he made a tidy profit! Oh, but you don't deserve to get in on this deal because he got there first. Better luck next time, man.

[quote name='eastx']In other words, you're projecting your actions and view of the world onto other people and making completely baseless claims. You could be an excellent politician, but you won't win any arguments that way.

Also, whether or not some random guy who's obviously not part of the conversation has done a bad thing remains completely irrelevant to the discussion.
"Hey, Joey Joe Joe killed a man once! That means I'm allowed to kill people too! You can't get mad at me for killing people!"
See how silly that looks when you change the offense? Other people's actions are not a defense for your own actions.

When it comes right down to it, all that matters is that bragging about hoarding or mentioning your hoarding makes a lot of people mad. If you like making your fellow CAGs mad, then go on being a tool. Derail threads and wallow in your own crapulence. However, the non-tool thing to do would be to realize that action offends people and thus shut up about it.[/QUOTE]
As I said in the Best Buy trade value thread, people are actively talking about flipping games in there now. People are proud of getting a good deal and getting more money/credit for it than they paid, so why does it seem like some people just HAVE to comment and complain about the other people's actions?

Does it affect them PERSONALLY? If not, then they should take your advice and just shut up about it. That little X in the top right corner works wonders if you use it properly. Don't like what someone is saying, CLICK X to get out of the page.

As for the hypocrisy I have seen some CAG members names on both AMZ and eBay selling some of the same deals. Maybe not the same deals they complained about not getting in on, but they were selling other stuff that yet other people couldn't find.

[quote name='eastx']In other words, you're projecting your actions and view of the world onto other people and making completely baseless claims. You could be an excellent politician, but you won't win any arguments that way.

When it comes right down to it, all that matters is that bragging about hoarding or mentioning your hoarding makes a lot of people mad. If you like making your fellow CAGs mad, then go on being a tool. Derail threads and wallow in your own crapulence. However, the non-tool thing to do would be to realize that action offends people and thus shut up about it.[/QUOTE]

Don't be stupid.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for the hypocrisy I have seen some CAG members names on both AMZ and eBay selling some of the same deals. Maybe not the same deals they complained about not getting in on, but they were selling other stuff that yet other people couldn't find.[/QUOTE]

Nothing you said countered my post at all. Since I guess you missed this part, I'll say it again:

[quote name='eastx']
[/QUOTE]

So you can say you've caught other people hoarding and complaining about hoarding a thousand times (which of course is completely unprovable and thus a waste of text in the first place), but that will never be relevant to the fact that talking about hoarding makes other people mad.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Kind of a long shot but are there any of these left?[/QUOTE]

My procrastination finally worked out for once and I just scored one today outside St Louis (Illinois Side) while going in to trade in a bunch of stuff. Got it on 360 and there was another one left, the employees even knew the price and still didnt horde em out. First good trip to GS in a while.

[quote name='loc0bob']My procrastination finally worked out for once and I just scored one today outside St Louis (Illinois Side) while going in to trade in a bunch of stuff. Got it on 360 and there was another one left, the employees even knew the price and still didnt horde em out. First good trip to GS in a while.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it at the Collinsville store? I got my PS3 copy there last week and saw the 360 copy on the shelf.

[quote name='giantqtipz']goddamn you misspelled business twice! sorry i just had to mention it because you actually typed everything perfectly except in the end..[/QUOTE]

As much as I type in one day, it happens. Ill get my vowels mixed up and/or switch two characters consecutively.

I also typed the post and didnt look over it cause I was heading to my local Gamestop (30 miles away) to flip some Fallout NV, trade some games in, and return Borderlands GOTY.

[quote name='eastx']Nothing you said countered my post at all. Since I guess you missed this part, I'll say it again:

So you can say you've caught other people hoarding and complaining about hoarding a thousand times (which of course is completely unprovable and thus a waste of text in the first place), but that will never be relevant to the fact that talking about hoarding makes other people mad.[/QUOTE]
But why does it make people SO mad that they HAVE TO reply and bitch about someone buying extras? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Remember the old adage 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything'. People are called scumbags among other things(which is my personal favorite) for grabbing multiples of a deal.

Yet buying duplicates and reselling them is how some folks make the one they intend to keep cheaper and it gets some other people the item they want at the price they're willing to pay.

Sure. In some cases it may deprive another local CAG of a deal, but there's also the possibility that that CAG would've NEVER found out about the deal in the first place or they simply didn't want it.

So then, who is harmed by their actions in those cases?

As for your bolded statements, I bought ONE CE. I put it up for sale and I'll wait till close to the return date to see if it sells. If it doesn't, then I'll likely KEEP that CE and sell one of my vanilla copies for $20 to offset what I paid for the CE. Anything that I have resold I have done so to lessen my own cost on OTHER items I've bought. To me, that's allowed me to get a deal for the price I wanted.

As for the other part of your bolded statement(about the random guy not part of this conversation), if they're on CAG and they've bought up more than ONE of a deal then to you they're automatically a hoarder and evil, right? So then when those same people miss out on a future deal and then WHINE about not getting that deal but maybe hoarded prior deals to where no one else could get them, then that DOES make them a hypocrite.

I didn't say that everyone complaining about not getting THIS specific deal was a hypocrite, I said I'm sure some of the same people complaining now have done it and it's funny to me that they're crying now when someone else likely missed a deal due to them in the past.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Remember the old adage 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything'. People are called scumbags among other things(which is my personal favorite) for grabbing multiples of a deal.
.[/QUOTE]

But.. if you followed that adage, you'd never post.

[quote name='dino88']Did you get it at the Collinsville store? I got my PS3 copy there last week and saw the 360 copy on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. There is one 360 copy still left.

[quote name='confoosious']But.. if you followed that adage, you'd never post.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the old me, but the new(mod approved thus far) me has HAD to tone it down. Yet I still see you doing the same sort of thing and you're still here and as charming as ever.;)

Either way, people will always get their panties in a bunch over what other people do and the mods will always come in and clean it up.

That's just the way internet forums are.

There's a difference between hoarding and reselling on a decent deal. Where you draw the line is a personal preference. For me personally, I'll take advantage of a good deal and may do a flip or two, but I try to draw the line by not overdoing it. The minute my actions negatively impact someone else, that's when I bow out. I'll flip a game, but if someone comes in looking for the same game and I've already bought a copy, I'm not going to deprive them. Now if they are a hoarder, I'll tell them to go screw themselves but I try to take only what I need and use moderation while also being a smart consumer.

[quote name='etcrane']There's a difference between hoarding and reselling on a decent deal. Where you draw the line is a personal preference. For me personally, I'll take advantage of a good deal and may do a flip or two, but I try to draw the line by not overdoing it. The minute my actions negatively impact someone else, that's when I bow out. I'll flip a game, but if someone comes in looking for the same game and I've already bought a copy, I'm not going to deprive them. Now if they are a hoarder, I'll tell them to go screw themselves but I try to take only what I need and use moderation while also being a smart consumer.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
this is all i'm saying.

no need to abuse the system.

Sooooooo...I don't know if this has anything to do with the thread, but I kinda like the design of the poker chips and want a set, but is the LE the only way to get them? Will they sell them directly or anything? I've seen sets on Ebay, but I don't want them bad enough to pay almost $2 a chip to make a set, I can get clay Paulsons for cheaper than that! Plus I've noticed the same bidder is buying them all up anyway.

Maybe, but even 20 of each at $20 a pop is still $400, and that would only be enough for heads-up, if that! I guess I'll be waiting for Bethesda to sell sets, as I'm not gonna spend that kind of scratch for imitation chips.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe they're trying to buy up enough to make a complete set of poker chips.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I was thinking about trying to get enough for a full set as well when I figured out that each CE only came with 7 (?) of them. But then I checked eBay prices and was discouraged. Too bad, would've been cool with the deck of cards...

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Lol, I was thinking about trying to get enough for a full set as well when I figured out that each CE only came with 7 (?) of them. But then I checked eBay prices and was discouraged. Too bad, would've been cool with the deck of cards...[/QUOTE]
Or even better with the Red Dead Redemption cards.;) Then again I think Rockstar still wants something like $10 for a single pack on their website.

Best place to have scored those was WalMart for free when you picked up RDR.

i forgot to mention this after i went to by my copy. two copies in queens center mall, new york. if you happen to live around that area. grab one. either both are 360 copies or its 360 and ps3.

bread's done
Back