Fallout: New Vegas - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Started looking at my order on Amazon and I decided to switch from Collectors to Regular, the extras just don't seem to be worth it this time around...for me anyways.[/QUOTE]
Nothing will ever top a lunchbox and a Vault-Tec bobblehead.

[quote name='screwkick']Some guy posted the map from the strategy guide over at the gamespot.com forums:

falloutguide004.jpg

falloutguide005.jpg
[/QUOTE]
elvis_came.jpg

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Nothing will ever top a lunchbox and a Vault-Tec bobblehead.[/QUOTE]

Unless it was a New Vegas themed lunch box and Vault-Tec bobblehead. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Unless it was a New Vegas themed lunch box and Vault-Tec bobblehead. ;)[/QUOTE]

I am passing on the CE. The loot isn't that cool. 2 years out, you could still get the CE for FO3 on Amazon, and it was priced down quite a bit. Plus I have no intention of ever opening it. Might as well go regular for release and CE with some discount later.

That map looks like it has a similar number of locations as FO3. Meh. Another 160 hours down the drain. I have no business buying any games for the next 4 months.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Nothing will ever top a lunchbox and a Vault-Tec bobblehead.[/QUOTE]
So angry I left that lunchbox at the bus stop a few days after I got it...

ugh ! I hate when people get the games early !!

sadly this game is already up on this hacker site that you can download full 360 games for free.

that must really suck for the devs

You can get release day delievry on the regular edition. The collector's edition, apparently, is not eligible for Amazon Prime due to only being offered (on Amazon) through Target.

[quote name='Matt Young']You can get release day delievry on the regular edition. The collector's edition, apparently, is not eligible for Amazon Prime due to only being offered (on Amazon) through Target.[/QUOTE]

hmm I was trying to preorder the regular edition and it still didn't offer it. I guess I will have to email support. Thanks for the reply

Edit: Now it appears to be working... weird.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']ugh ! I hate when people get the games early !!

sadly this game is already up on this hacker site that you can download full 360 games for free.

that must really suck for the devs[/QUOTE]

Not surprised at that, hackers and people who get it early spill it all over the web.

My Collector's Edition (on Amazon) still shows as release date delivery. I did order it like 4 months ago, though.

[quote name='GhostShark']My Collector's Edition (on Amazon) still shows as release date delivery. I did order it like 4 months ago, though.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I was one of the people who go lucky and ordered the regular edition back when it was being called the Collector's Edition. Complained to Amazon about a month ago and they are giving me the CE for the reg. edition price of $56.99 :D Can't wait for Tuesday!

Ive had this preordered at Lamestop for the last month or so. I feel guilty for not buying at my local independent game store, but I wanted the preorder bonus DLC. :D

anyone know how long this game is gonna be? the achievements look pretty easy and hopefully can be done in one run through, but i dont really want to invest like 100 hours into a game

[quote name='shosh']anyone know how long this game is gonna be? the achievements look pretty easy and hopefully can be done in one run through, but i dont really want to invest like 100 hours into a game[/QUOTE]

I put over 100 hundred hours into 3 (including the DLC) and I ended up with 1350/1550. You will want to pick up something else for easy cheevos.

For this type of games it would take you at least 100 hours to get all the achievements/trophies. If you want easy achievements just try an avatar game that was release a few years ago...you get 1000 in like ten minutes \\:D/

This is a game I WANT to spend 100 hours on to complete the achievements. I easily invested that much in F3, and enjoyed every single minute of it.

One of the many, many great things about Fallout 3 was it took forever to get all the of the achievements, but it never felt like a grind. I wanted to keep playing. Well, except for Mothership Zeta. That was boring as hell.

yea but i don't know if i have 100 hours to put into the game. fable 3 is coming out next week and then you got black ops.

also thxgiving and xmas are up and coming holidays. by the time i get around to playing this game i wouldve lost interest

From Joystiq:

Bethesda has confirmed that Fallout: New Vegas will -- obviously -- be supported by post-release DLC. As was the case with Fallout 3 add-ons, the first new content for New Vegas will be "exclusive" to Xbox Live when it's released this holiday. Though no plans to feature the same content on PSN (or PC, for that matter) have been announced, what happens to be exclusive to Xbox Live doesn't always stay exclusive to Xbox Live -- odds are New Vegas DLC will (eventually) be ported to PS3.

Not shocking, since it happened with Fo3, and as we all know, the DLC eventually hits the PS3 months later.

[quote name='drktrpr1']This is a game I WANT to spend 100 hours on to complete the achievements. I easily invested that much in F3, and enjoyed every single minute of it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can't wait to play this. Hopefully picking up my copy tomorrow using my Kmart coaster coupon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From Joystiq:Not shocking, since it happened with Fo3, and as we all know, the DLC eventually hits the PS3 months later.[/QUOTE]

And that's cool. The more platforms it's out on the better.

I don't get to do much gaming (about 3-5 hours per week) so it took me months to get through FO3. I loved it though. Never felt bored with the game. I am pumped to play New Vegas. This is the first game I have bought at launch in a long long time.

[quote name='whodat']I don't get to do much gaming (about 3-5 hours per week) so it took me months to get through FO3. I loved it though. Never felt bored with the game. I am pumped to play New Vegas. This is the first game I have bought at launch in a long long time.[/QUOTE]

I think most people here are single with no kids. I maybe get to play about 7 hours a week. And it also took me months to get through FO3. But it doesn't mean I enjoy it any less.

I got mine through Gamestop with that B2G1 on any games they had online maybe 6 months ago. It came down to getting it for $40. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten the $50 and guaranteed release date delivery from Amazon. We'll see, supposedly my copy shipped today. Hopefully no later than Wednesday.

I'm going to stroll into GS tomorrow and use a couple of giftcards on it, so it's only going to be $10 out of pocket for me. :D

I expect this game will be much better and have way more replay value than FO3, and that's saying alot!

Don't understand why my city (Which is bigger than the others) has NO Best Buy midnight opening for this game, while the other smaller cities do!

:/

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmmm anyone else find it weird that there are no reviews yet?[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a review embargo until the day of release. And I've heard rumor IGN might have a review at 10PM.. maybe. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little nervous about there being an embargo, but this game would have to be a glitch filled mess to make me not get it. If it's 100+ hours but doesn't do anything radically different from FO3, I won't really care.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm a little nervous about there being an embargo, but this game would have to be a glitch filled mess to make me not get it. If it's 100+ hours but doesn't do anything radically different from FO3, I won't really care.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I feel any company that has a review embargo might be expecting not so great reviews... hopefully this is not the case since I took tomorrow off to play it :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']I agree. I feel any company that has a review embargo might be expecting not so great reviews... hopefully this is not the case since I took tomorrow off to play it :D[/QUOTE]

It does seem strange for them to embargo it, doesn't it? I mean, what reason could they possibly have other than to not *discourage* people from buying it? It's already hyped, and will sell well. The only thing they could fear are bad reviews hurting sales. Right?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']First line:

"Fallout: New Vegas somehow manages to have even more technical problems than Fallout 3 did..."

I'm not too high on bigger review sites like that, but I don't really doubt that statement. Fallout 3 was plauged with technical glitches...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately its starting to look like a pretty reasonable concern.

RPGFan Review: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Fallout_New_Vegas/index.html

Upon reading Giant Bomb's review, I can confirm that the site hurts my eyes. :shock: I just...couldn't finish reading it. :rofl:

Anyway, it sounds like some of the glitches sound funny to watch. People walking through the ground and floating in mid-air. Fallout has always had humor, maybe this is all purposely part of the game! In any case, my suspicions sound confirmed that the gameplay if just Fallout 3, in a new setting.....

I got it at walmart.
The lady couldn't find the collector's edition, but she looked her hardest. Even when my friend and I told her its all right we would take the regular edition she insisted on checking every box again.

I'm happy with the reviews. More Fallout 3 is good, and it seems that is what New Vegas is. I put so 125+ hours into FO3. Hopefully I don't experience too many technical issues.

It seems like the reviews I'm seeing were done on the 360 and that is where technical issues are coming from. We'll see later on if PC and PS3 have them, but I read that clearing you 360's cache can fix a lot of the technical issues. Worth a try if you are experiencing crashing or other problems when playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back