Family Guy movie coming to DVD on 9/27

Zman310

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.moviehole.net/news/5803.html

Family Guy movie gets release date
Posted on Thr, 16-Jun-2005

After quite a longish wait and an abundance of email, Fox has spilt the beans on the impending "Family Guy" movie.

According to VB, the feature-length take on the resurrected cartoon treat will be in stores September 27th.

Creator Seth MacFarlane's 83-minute "unrated" movie, "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story!", sees fan-fave Stewie setting off to find his real dad after encountering a near death experience.

The DVD also will include commentary, deleted scenes and other bonus features.

"It seems today That all you see Is violence in movies And sex on TV. But where are those good old fashioned values..."

Shouldn't be a repost, searched and didn't find anything.

Hmmmm, it'll be interesting to see how the movie turns out. I'm not sure if it sounds like a great idea, but I'll be willing to give it a shot.

Thoughts?

I like family guy a lot, but a direct to video release. I feel nothing good could come of trhat. but we will see I could be very wrong. I hope it's good.

So finally came out and officially announced that they were making a Family Guy movie. I remember hearing about this during the show, but those were mostly rumors. Then it resurfaced again last year when they were in talks to bring FG back and there was an interview with Seth Macfarlene (sp) on IGN where he spoke about thinking about doing a direct to dvd movie release. From what I rmeeber it was supposed to be something to the affect that is written in the article, but also where Stewie finally admits he's gay. I hope I'm not spoiling anything to anybody by saying this. Just saying what I've read before.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So finally came out and officially announced that they were making a Family Guy movie. I remember hearing about this during the show, but those were mostly rumors. Then it resurfaced again last year when they were in talks to bring FG back and there was an interview with Seth Macfarlene (sp) on IGN where he spoke about thinking about doing a direct to dvd movie release. From what I rmeeber it was supposed to be something to the affect that is written in the article, but also where Stewie finally admits he's gay. I hope I'm not spoiling anything to anybody by saying this. Just saying what I've read before.[/QUOTE]

Ugh - he better make a funny homosexual instead of a lame one like that damn Simpson's episode.

[quote name='cag1000']tonights family guy with quagmire behind the couch slowly popin his head up had me on the fucking floor[/QUOTE]

"Lets compare breasts!"

"I'm going to kill you tonight"

First things first - a direct to DVD movie of something this popular means one of two things - one.. it's too offensive for theatres (doubtful).. two, it's utter crap. Next.. 83 minutes? Cripes. Just make it a three part episode.

And what's with the plot.. it was supposed to be Stewie learning he was gay.. bleh.. I hope this isn't crap.

[quote name='kaji7p56']The show isn't as funny as it was when it started so I don't have high hopes for this.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Originally, when Fox decided to cancel Family Guy and then later decided to release the seasons on DVD, they struck a deal for a straight-to-video movie with the no-talent-hack Seth MacFarlane. It never had intentions of being released in theatres and it will probably be as "edgy" (or "tame", as I put it... or "stupid") as the television program.

I don't have high hopes for the theatre release of The Simpsons movie, either. Way past it's prime.

[quote name='kaji7p56']The show isn't as funny as it was when it started so I don't have high hopes for this.[/QUOTE]

Its depressing because you know Fox wants them to make as borderline offensive as possible now. The jokes aren't clever, the character development went completely down. I mean, the whole think where Quagmire was busted for spying on Lois? What garbage.

Thumbs down fox.

bread's done
Back