FamilyVideo.com USED Deals - Wolverine (360) $9.99, Overlord II (360) $9.99 More + FS

Got my copy of Wolverine last Saturday in original box, no manuals, when to look at FEAR 2 and notice this on the bottom of the page.

Used Games do not include manuals

So, it figures

I just had Wolverine shipped this weekend. I really hope it has a manual but I am not crying if it does not. This is actually a great deal since the game is much more, even at discount places such as gohastings. Yes, they do say that they have no manuals but it depends on the copy I guess. $10 for a decent action/adventure game based on a film adaptation of a Marvel comic is good for this price.

Got my copy of Wolverine, excellent condition but no manual so I went to the local BBV and took the manual out of the display box and asked if I could have it. They said no problem so now my copy is complete but for anyone that doesn't get one, you're not missing much, it's like 3 pages long.

Ordered X-Men Origins: Wolverine the Movie and they sent me the Xbox 360 game instead... haha. I opened the package kind of confused and tried to convince myself that I actually ordered it. Put it on the shelf and went about my business for the day. Later at work I was like.... NO I DIDN'T!!

Lol. I'm buying so many games I can't even remember what I order.

Great price on Wolverine, thanks. Probably saved me 10 or 15 dollars which I always enjoy. Think I'll wait til I can get a new copy of terminator at the same price.

I ordered X-men origins: Wolverine on Thursday, it came thru the mail on Saturday(was shocked!). It was in excellent condition, had the manual and all! Will place at couple more orders when I get paid on Wednesday!

btw.....Xmen Orgins: Wolverines is Great! I've put in about an hr in it and I love it...so far i'll give it a 8.5/10, just wish it wasn't very linear. IMO that sabretooth fight is one of the best i've seen in video games!

[quote name='hx214']Lol. I'm buying so many games I can't even remember what I order.[/QUOTE]

Same problem I'm having. Totally clicked on this thread excited at seeing Wolverine so cheap then realized I already ordered it last week through this thread.

Definitely a "doh" moment for me ^^

[quote name='King Royalty']never seen so many people complain over not getting the manual, lol.

its really not that necessary.[/QUOTE]
I agree, most manuals these days are basicly 5 pages long. Its not like 10-15 years ago when a manual would be a small book.

Got both overlord II and wolverine today. They were complete with manuals, though I'm glad there were no problems with shipping because the packaging is less than stellar.

[quote name='hx214']Lol. I'm buying so many games I can't even remember what I order.[/QUOTE]

There have been at least 2-3 times this season where I've had to go look through my collection to make sure I didn't already have a game backlogged that I was about to order. Almost wound up with a second copy of Kane & Lynch... which I think is actually illegal in a few states.

On a side note I received Overlord II today. No manual (which makes 2 out of 4 games that lacked manuals), but the disc and surprisingly the case are absolutely pristine - looks like it was never even played.

Received Dead Space and Far Cry 2 today.

Dead Space had case and a "No rental under 18"-type sticker on the front. No manual. Disc looks fine, does have a "Family Video" sticker on the inner circle.

Far Cry 2 had same "18" sticker, manual, and inner sticker. Disc looked fine, too. Haven't loaded either to ensure the discs work, but I don't know why they wouldn't.

They were shipped in an unpadded plastic sleeve, so just be aware there wasn't a buffer between your cases and any bumps.

Note: Install 360 games to test the disc fully. If the install fails then the disc is fail simple as that. Doing a install is a great way to scan every piece of data on the disc so if it stops on the install, then more in likely whenever you get to that data when playing the game it will more in likely freeze.

[quote name='Xenokai']Note: Install 360 games to test the disc fully. If the install fails then the disc is fail simple as that. Doing a install is a great way to scan every piece of data on the disc so if it stops on the install, then more in likely whenever you get to that data when playing the game it will more in likely freeze.[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea.

[quote name='Xenokai']Note: Install 360 games to test the disc fully. If the install fails then the disc is fail simple as that. Doing a install is a great way to scan every piece of data on the disc so if it stops on the install, then more in likely whenever you get to that data when playing the game it will more in likely freeze.[/QUOTE]
I do this with every used game I buy, sure saves the headache of getting 90% through a game only to have it freeze up.

[quote name='zaw73']Got my Wolverine today, great shape with booklet, thanks again op![/QUOTE]

Same here! Thanks again for the heads up op! :applause:

Brilliant, I'm gonna try this with the five used games I just got in the mail as soon as I get home. Thanks for the tip!

Ordered 3 Overlord IIs and they came in today. Great quality but only 1 booklet out of the 3. Disappointing there but the games were for me and my brothers... I guess we can figure out something.

My Wheelman and Overlord 2 had the Family Video stickers on the disks and case. Neither came with a manual but Wheelman did come with a map.

[quote name='cdeener']My Wheelman and Overlord 2 had the Family Video stickers on the disks and case. Neither came with a manual but Wheelman did come with a map.[/QUOTE]
Was it a map to the person who put stickers on the disc so you can kick their asses?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']

and how's far cry 2 for $10?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if your still reading this but whatever.

Farcry 2 is a love or hate it single player campaign. Basically you have open world FPS but it is very, very glitchy. It's also rather time consuming to get all the achievements and do the side quests in the single player campaign. Also, the guard posts/enemies respawn pretty much endlessly which is extremely annoying considering you'll have to travel the entire island several times just to do certain things.

The multiplayer wasn't too bad till my friend ran into some glitches. Basically every few times he leveled up he would de-level by a in game glitch that would cause him to lose several thousand experience. Needless to say he wasn't too pleased and we ended up not playing anymore multiplayer. If it wasn't for the glitches we would probably play it here and there, but it seems like Ubisoft doesn't care about the remaining fanbase because they have no plans to patch it.

If anything the graphics are very pretty and if you end up liking the single player campaign then It's easily worth $10.

The graphics look great from the screenshots I've seen.

But that description of the single player kinda turned me off, traveling nonstop for certain tasks, nonstop respawns, glitchy.

I was only going to buy for single player so hmm, still debating it, that was helpful though I appreciate it :D probably gonna save my $10 for something else.

Well it looks like these deals are still live, I just grabbed Prototype for the 360($21.94 shipped) Been searching everywhere for a good price on this game and $19.99 is the best I have found. Thanks again for the heads-up on these deals OP!

For those that care, all 3 of my games had the Family Video center sticker on them. I don't mind but some definitely could/would.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Wish prices were the same in store oh well think I will end up biting on Wolverine.[/QUOTE]

if you check the thread I update every week...if your store has enough in stock for sale...the prices are the same...they are actually updated in store before they are online for those who have one close by.

I received Wolverine on Friday. It is a good game but sadly no manual. I guess it might be true. The disc and case were in good quality so it was not that bad.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Thinking about picking up The Bigs 2, is it any good?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up at HWV for $5 and haven't stopped playing it since. I've wanted a baseball game for awhile now and this hit's the spot perfectly. I'd say it's definitely worth it.

[quote name='aosora13']I received Wolverine on Friday. It is a good game but sadly no manual. I guess it might be true. The disc and case were in good quality so it was not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with a manual, so I guess it's just the luck of the draw on all games.

bread's done
Back