Fanatical Thread

I went through IndieGala and spent a dollar to get a trifecta of some cheap and promising strategy games. They offered Jagged Alliance and Tropico 3 for a second tier and Tropico 4 and The Last Templar for a third tier. The Kings Bounty type bundles do have me piqued. Anyone have input on them?
Kings Bounty is basically the same as the Heroes of Might and Magic series. I have poured 30+ hours into Legend... and am enjoying it. Just make sure to manually add notes to the map. It will speed stuff along. Battle strategy is solid. Story... is ... ok I guess.

Not sure what constitutes as popular. MK9 sold over 4m at least
Seriously? Huh. I don't really follow sales, I just go by how much I hear on forums and the little bit of tournament news that filters down to me. I know Injustice had a bit of time in the tournament track, but I barely heard anything about MK9.

I guess they picked back up again.

From what I've seen, Bundlestars bundles are more likely to have unannounced extensions than others, so it pays to wait till the last few hours before buying. Then again, I've only really paid close attention to a handful of them so...
[Counterargument A]
Re: Pays to wait till the last few hours. The only point in a Bundlestars bundle's lifecycle I've ever seen it discounted is during the first 24-72 hours of its sale, and even that is sparing. Perhaps in case any games you've been eying show up in other bundles in the meantime, since BS doesn't seem to impose any exclusivity terms on its bundle fodder and their bundles last so long? But Bundlestars bundles are usually composed mostly/exclusively of bundle repeats to begin with.

[Counterargument B]
Re: Unannounced extensions. Indie Gala. That is all.

Ending 11/20

Wayback Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • 7th Legion
  • Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
  • Bloodnet
  • Gunship!
  • Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Benders
  • Slave Zero
  • Sword of the Samurai 
[/customspoiler]

Big Rigs Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Scania Truck Driving Simulator
  • Bus Driver
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Ski Region Simulator: Gold Edition
  • Rulers of Nations
  • Trucks & Trailers
  • Farming World
  • Taxi
[/customspoiler]
giphy.gif

Ballistic Bundle - $3.49 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Wickland 
  • Waves 
  • Enemy Mind 
  • Guns and Robots: Terminator Pack
  • QbQbQb 
  • Chuck's Challenge 3D
  • Chuck's Challenge 3D: Soundtrack + DLC 
  • Panzer Tactics HD 
  • Spoiler Alert: Collector's Edition 
  • Tiestru 
[/customspoiler]

Derpistic Bundle...

but I'll still buy it...I have no shame

Another new bundle (Well somewhat...it's kind of a repeat sammich...two "new" slices of bread stuffed with repeat):

FULL DERP AHEAD: TRAINZ MEGAZ BUNDLEZORS!!!!

This just in on "Wat da fuq" news (reddit, really):

Just to make it absolutely clear, this is Trainz Simulator not Train Simulator.
And Trainz Simulator 12 on Steam is a purposefully(!) frustrating experience.
Not only does it look and feel incredibly ugly, clunky and slow in comparison to Train Simulator, updates aren't pushed via Steam but via their own, crappy downloader.
That would already be annoying enough, but: downloads are capped at 5kb/s (yes, you read that right, 56k dial-up Speed) unless you fork over money for a "First Class Ticket":
http://www.simulatorcentral.com/index.php/trainz/first-class-tickets.html
This applies to updates to the base game assets, which are mandatory to play the one thing the game has over Train Simulator: Multiplayer.
It's by far one of the shittiest business models of any game on Steam I know.
You can update the game that you just paid for, it will only take you about three to four days of permanent downloading. Or just pay the reasonable extortion fee of $25 per year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derpistic Bundle...

but I'll still buy it...I have no shame

Another new bundle (Well somewhat...it's kind of a repeat sammich...two "new" slices of bread stuffed with repeat):

FULL DERP AHEAD: TRAINZ MEGAZ BUNDLEZORS!!!!

This just in on "Wat da fuq" news (reddit, really):

Just to make it absolutely clear, this is Trainz Simulator not Train Simulator.
And Trainz Simulator 12 on Steam is a purposefully(!) frustrating experience.
Not only does it look and feel incredibly ugly, clunky and slow in comparison to Train Simulator, updates aren't pushed via Steam but via their own, crappy downloader.
That would already be annoying enough, but: downloads are capped at 5kb/s (yes, you read that right, 56k dial-up Speed) unless you fork over money for a "First Class Ticket":
http://www.simulatorcentral.com/index.php/trainz/first-class-tickets.html
This applies to updates to the base game assets, which are mandatory to play the one thing the game has over Train Simulator: Multiplayer.
It's by far one of the shittiest business models of any game on Steam I know.
You can update the game that you just paid for, it will only take you about three to four days of permanent downloading. Or just pay the reasonable extortion fee of $25 per year.
also it had 4 boobies added that wasnt in old bundle

Ballisitic Bundle has a couple of games on my wishlist, and Panzer Tactics HD looks like it could be good. In typical Bundlestars fashion, however, those are bookended by a few games I already own and -- ugh -- some DLC for a free 2 play game.

Ballisitic Bundle has a couple of games on my wishlist, and Panzer Tactics HD looks like it could be good. In typical Bundlestars fashion, however, those are bookended by a few games I already own and -- ugh -- some DLC for a free 2 play game.
Yeah, as much as I want Spoiler Alert and Chuck, I can wait for better bundles. Half of the bundle is full of repeats.

Stop the spam posts.

• MinDRioT, rcsample, slidecage, jazyje.
Hey HTZ yea its getting old quick, it was funny when it started but going to most keep it on topic from now on and mostly other will as well. We all know that i like card and like them alot more if the are steam games with cards.

Here is a question though, do these bundles ever expire (meaning if i buy them and just keep them in email would the codes still be good a year from now, or after so long they cancel any codes that was never redeemed)

Hey HTZ yea its getting old quick, it was funny when it started but going to most keep it on topic from now on and mostly other will as well. We all know that i like card and like them alot more if the are steam games with cards.

Here is a question though, do these bundles ever expire (meaning if i buy them and just keep them in email would the codes still be good a year from now, or after so long they cancel any codes that was never redeemed)
yes some bundle keys do expire why do you ask such question?

bread's done
Back