Fanatical Thread

Unless you bought that New Reality "forever" style pack in which case every NR bundle is a +0.

I've never actually played a New Reality game.  I wonder if any of them rise above "this sucks".

They mostly look like retro platformers and "Remember when games were HARD???" nonsense to me.  Which isn't my favored genre of game so I wouldn't really be in a position to guess if it was good or not.  Any game banking on making me feel like I'm wasting my summer trying to beat it in 1988 is already going in the "terrible" pile regardless of its merits.

Last edited by a moderator:
They mostly look like retro platformers and "Remember when games were HARD???" nonsense to me. Which isn't my favored genre of game so I wouldn't really be in a position to guess if it was good or not. Any game banking on making me feel like I'm wasting my summer trying to beat it in 1988 is already going in the "terrible" pile regardless of its merits.
Remember when games released AND worked? I want to revisit that era.

It's not as good as Arkham City, but it's still good. I enjoyed playing through the story and a lot of extras.
I'm likely in the minority but I think I liked it better than City.

Granted, maybe everyone saying "it's not as good" lowered my expectations so much that it caught me off guard.

Anyways, hell of a deal.

Granted, maybe everyone saying "it's not as good" lowered my expectations so much that it caught me off guard.

Anyways, hell of a deal.
For me, AO was too much of a game-world rehash + not enough new gameplay stuff for me.

I did like the new boss fights in AO, though.

Special shot-out though to Cold Cold Heart DLC; really liked that one quite a bit.

AO is good b/c it's more Batman Arkham - actually, AO is more Arkham City to me, TBH - but it's nowhere as great as Rocksteady's Batman Arkham trilogy.

EDIT:

It's not as good as Arkham City, but it's still good. I enjoyed playing through the story and a lot of extras.
Agreed.

Anyways, hell of a deal.
Huh. I'm not sure I've seen that take from anyone else. City was just so well-done. But I can see an argument for Origins not being at all a step down.

Yeah that's a weird opinion to have, I remember it being pretty mediocore. The only bright spot for me was the GCPD level, I thought that was pretty well done.

For me, AO was too much of a game-world rehash + not enough new gameplay stuff for me.

I did like the new boss fights in AO, though.

Special shot-out though to Cold Cold Heart DLC; really liked that one quite a bit.

AO is good b/c it's more Batman Arkham - actually, AO is more Arkham City to me, TBH - but it's nowhere as great as Rocksteady's Batman Arkham trilogy.

EDIT:

Agreed.
Well, as I said I think I liked AO better... It is the most recent one I've played (No, correction, its the most recent one I've finished as I found the tank scenes in AK so bad I put it aside.) but the thing I remember the most about AC is the stupid NPC conversations that repeated way too often as you traveled the city. It was so damn painful.

I also liked how AO did some of the side stuff better... but don't get me wrong I don't think AC was a bad game, its not it was amazing step forward to an amazing game with a few hang ups.

I still like AA the best of the four games. Mostly because of how great it was when no one thought it would be good at all.

You're just trying to disappoint Foxhack.
Dr.-Who.gif

What's not horrible about it? I'm seeing mostly repeats, along with a few games I don't own (Postal Redux, Unrest, Real Heroes: Firefighter)
Repeats of stuff that wasn't worth it in earlier bundles.

(By which I mean a few things that made earlier bundles or tiers sort of interesting but weren't quite enough. Unrest, Kaiju-A-GoGo, Soulless, Real Heroes, Postal Redux.)

Repeats of stuff that wasn't worth it in earlier bundles.

(By which I mean a few things that made earlier bundles or tiers sort of interesting but weren't quite enough. Unrest, Kaiju-A-GoGo, Soulless, Real Heroes, Postal Redux.)
Soulless is a better deal on HRK Make Bundle atm, if you can find other games you want on there.

HRK no longer requires you to pay with G2Apay so I'm not sure if they're really tied to G2A aside from having G2Apay as a payment method. You can pay directly with paypal now. I consider them gray market even though they have a "partners" page lol.

So I got Real Heroes: Firefighter from a Dollar Dash bundle split and played it for a few hours. The game isn't that bad, but there's a gamebreaking bug that makes it so you can't die or lose health. It occurs on all difficulties and appears to be common, it's like having god mode enabled from the beginning of the game. For all I know it might happen to everyone. If there's anyone out there that wants to play it (yeah I know, shocking), I'd suggest skipping this bundle and waiting for the bug to get fixed.. which will probably never happen.

I also crashed a few times in mission 7, had to restart the level to bypass the crashing.. so that's another annoyance.

So I got Real Heroes: Firefighter from a Dollar Dash bundle split and played it for a few hours. The game isn't that bad, but there's a gamebreaking bug that makes it so you can't die or lose health. It occurs on all difficulties and appears to be common, it's like having god mode enabled from the beginning of the game. For all I know it might happen to everyone. If there's anyone out there that wants to play it (yeah I know, shocking), I'd suggest skipping this bundle and waiting for the bug to get fixed.. which will probably never happen.

I also crashed a few times in mission 7, had to restart the level to bypass the crashing.. so that's another annoyance.
Y u want firefighters who r realz heroz 2 Dai? U monster!

Looks like bundle stars is sending out special promo codes to people who purchased items during their spring sale
A73BgQ6h.jpg

Unique coupon code
mGNIj40h.jpg

*The voucher code is valid until April 24th, 2017 at 8:00 AM (BST). The code is tied to this email address, can be used multiple times and applies an 8% discount to your final basket price when you spend over $2/£2/€2/CAD€2. This voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other voucher. It cannot be used on Bundles, Star Deals, Pre-Purchases or any Bethesda products

I didn't buy anything from them then and I got a 5% off code. They can keep their shitty 3%. I'm buying nothing and saving 100%,.

There are a lot of 16-bit era games in that bundle, some of which are actual games released on SNES way back.

Sidescrolling platformers: Jim Power, Dorke and Ymp, Explodemon

Beat-em-ups: Iron Commando, Legend (1994)

Shmups: Sky Mercenaries, Blue Flamingo

JRPGs: Alphadia Genesis, Asdivine Hearts

Replay - VHS Is Not Dead looks like a Lost Vikings-esque game.

Crouching Pony, Hidden Dragon is akin to a Neo Geo top-down shooter with nice animation.

There were enough that interested me to pick up the 10-game bundle.

Did anyone else get the 30% off Middle-Earth code in their email? It works on Gold and Silver as well. Expires on the 26th. But theres still plenty of time for better deals so I'm waiting.

Timberman:

2I53K-D4JYM-VEPEL

Cat on a Diet:

LBMFF-W0B4A-D606F

Frederic:

CW8WJ-CGBKA-TZRBT

Sparkle 2 Evo:

CVGIB-WJT7J-DZKAN

Sparkle 3 Genesis:

6E8YB-0VMH3-C9LJD

Iesabel:

CN42Z-WQZJL-V05VQ

That cat just likes signing stuff.
I'm the best, the very best at signing stuff. I'm a showman and I always get the yugest ratings when I sign things. Bigly. It really doesn't matter what I sign or that I know what I'm signing. I'm the cat president so I'm only signing the best things, everyone knows that.

Finally a new Killer Bundle

Candle

Good Robot

STANDBY

Manual Samuel

Shark Attack Deathmatch 2

Death by Game Show

Livelock

Guardians of Ember

All are +1 for me except Shark Attack, Candle is on wishlist. Its $3.99 instead of the usual $4.99 for these as well. Pretty easy buy IMO.

bread's done
Back