Fantastic Four - (Reviews are in)

Maizrim

CAGiversary!
IGN - 6.5
(http://xbox.ign.com/articles/629/629807p1.html)

GameRankings AVG review - 79%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926325.asp

I have been looking forward to the movie for sometime now, being a fan and collector of the F4 since the early 80s.

But as for the game, I guess you can't be too surprised about it being a disappointing take on the franchise when compared to games like Catwoman or any of the many terrible Batman games.

Anyone rented F4 or played it for themselves?

I'm thinking about renting it and just enjoying the fact that F4 is in the limelight for awhile, even if the Thing's head looks weird as hell in both adaptions. (film and game)

I honestly doubt that you'll find too many fans of the game. In fact, I doubt the movie will make any headway either. Practically no one that I know is talking about either. Fantastic Four was actually a very odd choice for a movie. I would have guessed that someone would pick up the Avengers for a movie before F4. You could cut it down to five heroes: Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch (so you can cast a bit of eye candy), Black Panther and Vision. It'd rock.

Sorry for the tangent. :)

Ouch. I have a copy prebooked at Rhino, should be there tomorrow.. was going to give it a shot, but definately not now.. i'll put it towards something else.. never had any intention of keeping F4, though.. holding that $50 in credit for my cousin 'til the 360 hits.

Yeah, it sadly would have been more surprising if the game had turned out to be good.

As far as The Avengers movie before a Fantastic 4 movie... I'm not so sure on that. I think a lot more people have heard of the Fantastic 4 over The Avengers. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm just happy watching Justice League Unlimited on Cartoon Network :)

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, it sadly would have been more surprising if the game had turned out to be good.

As far as The Avengers movie before a Fantastic 4 movie... I'm not so sure on that. I think a lot more people have heard of the Fantastic 4 over The Avengers. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm just happy watching Justice League Unlimited on Cartoon Network :)[/QUOTE]

Fantastic Four used to be well known, but it seems the fictional Entourage 'Aquaman' movie is more popular right now than this movie.

Has anyone else noticed that Michael Chiklis is hardly in any of the promo/commericials for this movie? They are focusing on Jessica Alba (and rightfully so), but the other actors get more screen time than this guy.

Chiklis and Alba are the most recognizable faces to this project, but they only have him in character on screen as the Thing, and even then it isn't that much as more and more commercials revolve around the Human Torch.

Weird, but something that has been bothering me since the first advertisments.

As for Justice League Unlimited - that show has become even more amazing. They are definately writing that show more and more for an older audience.

Below is a GREAT write up about a recent Justice League Unlimited episode... (spoilers warning)

http://www.websnark.com/archives/2005/06/spoilerific_ana.html

I love Jessica Alba but she seems miscast as Sue Richards, just from appearances anyway. She seems to young IMO and isn't really blonde.

Justice League Unlimited is the best thing to happen to American animation in a LONG time. It has maturity, character development, engrossing storylines, BEAUTIFUL art and animation, incredible voice actors. It is one of the few American animated shows I would prefer watching over the majority of anime out there (and that is saying something from me).

I picked it up today.. I played through the intro, stretchy dude's tutorial and now i'm on the human torch's tutorial.. and I couldn't be more bored. Smash, repeat. That's it so far. My girl was playing co-op with me and we pretty much said "this sucks" at the same time and put the controllers down. I'm playing it again right now, i'll try to give it another chance.. I planned on keeping it a week or so, but if this doesn't pick up in a fast way, it's going back tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and the "upgrade" system is stupid.

It always saddens me when I think that none of the Fantastic Four were in Marvel Vs Capcom 2... hell, it seems like they would have been perfect fits in that game.

[quote name='Roufuss']It always saddens me when I think that none of the Fantastic Four were in Marvel Vs Capcom 2... hell, it seems like they would have been perfect fits in that game.[/QUOTE]

Man, I never thought of that. Thing should have at least been there.

Yeah, all they had to do was change the look of Dhaslim from Street Fighter to a FF4 suit and we'd have a Mr. Fantastic.

bread's done
Back