Fantasy Footbal Help

The Shiznit

CAGiversary!
Need a little help on my FF team

Which 2 do I start at running back this week?

Deuce McAllister (away) vs Dallas
Kevin Jones (home) vs Minnesota
Warrick Dunn (away) vs Tampa Bay

I would start Jones and Dunn. The Cowboys have a pretty good defense, and they are at home and on National T.V., so I'd sit Deuce.

Deuce and Dunn. Minnesota has the best run defense in the league. Plus Kevin Jones has been hurt and look at his last few games he hasn't played well.

deuce and dunn..the boys D has been playing well but not they go against a good offensive line in NO and dont forget Reggie Bush as being a dual threat so it could take away some attention from deuce.

starting any DET starter besides Roy Williams is stupid. None of them are productive at all and espescially jones. Kitna is only good for a fill in and after that no one is left. I would go as far as to get rid of jones and pick up a guy like Jones-Drew or jacobs if they are still available.

Jones is definitely a start, but between Deuce and Dunn, I gotta pick Dunn only because he'll get more touches. Both of them have a capable backup that will get a share of the ball (Bush & Norwood), but judging from their performances last week Bush will definitely get equal touches, if not more, than Norwood.

Still dont understand how people would want to start Jones who is an average RB against the best Run defense in the league.

It not like Jones is going to explode against the Vikings, I doubt that is going to happen. But I REALLY doubt that Deuce is going to do much of anything against the Cowboys. So it is more by process of elimination than anything else.

[quote name='cgarb84']It not like Jones is going to explode against the Vikings, I doubt that is going to happen. But I REALLY doubt that Deuce is going to do much of anything against the Cowboys. So it is more by process of elimination than anything else.[/QUOTE]
Why do you doubt Deuce is going to do much? The Dallas pass defense is weaker than there run. Brees has been lighting teams up lately so you are going to have to focus more on the pass then the rush. That's why Deuce and Bush had great games last week. Just happened that Bush cored the TDs. So if you are going to eliminate on stats and injury wise Jones would be the right choice to eliminate. If you are going on gut well then I guess there is no point of the OP asking.
Jones last 4 games: 13 car 44 yds FUm lost against SF
4 car 8 yds against Ari
did not play against Mia
19 car 56 yards against NE Fum Lost

Deuce 14 car 56 yds TD vs Pit
10 car 40 yards vs Cin
20 car 71 tds 2 TD vs ATL
26 car 136 yds vs SF

It is Fantasy football though so anyone can be wrong. I just like to go by what the stats say.

I would start Deuce and Dunn b/c Minnesota has the best run defense. Even with Bush playing well for the Saints, Deuce still had 136 yards rushing last week (albeit against a weak defense).

deuce and dunn. Kevin Jones is playing against the one of the best run defenses. I'll be shivering when theres about 650 lbs of beef with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams.

I say Dunn and Jones. Dunn is the no-brainer, but arguments can be made for either McAllister or Jones. I give the edge to Jones because he will catch 4 to 6 passes out of the backfield (if your league gives points per reception) and Jones doesnt have to contend with Reggie Bush.

Well first of all, next time draft better at RB haha...
Secondly, I'd go Jones and Deuce, Dunn is playing IN Tampa, and with a playoff spot on the line, they're going to keep the ball in Vick's hands and make him earn his money...
Deuce may lose some carries after Bush's explosion last week, but I doubt it will effect him...
However, everyone of these players should come up with very similar numbers...
I'd say expect:
Jones - 88 run yards, 22 rec yards, 1 TD (approx 12-18 points)
Deuce - 92 run yards, 1 TD (approx 11-16 points)
Dunn - 87 run yards, 14 rec yards (approx 7-12 points)
But then again, my fantasy team is going to miss the playoffs this year, so I could be wrong, but hey, I've been doomed by the inconsistency of Laverneas Coles all year...
-Goatman

Not to threadjack, but I have a similar problem. 2 of these:
Kevin Jones, Rudi Johnson, Tiki Barber, and Marion Barber III.

Thanks.

i'll make another case against kevin jones. I just went over the past 12 games played against minnesota and they've only given up 728 rushing yards and 4 rush td's this year (avg 60yds/gm), and that's not counting any of the negative yardage either (i was too lazy to add it all up hehe). i'm not sure how bad their passing defense is though and you should take that into account. also, the last time these two teams met, kevin jones only had 8 yards rushing, no touchdowns and 42 yards receiving. keep that in mind when you choose your options this week. i should mention kevin jones got a concussion but it was late in the game.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Well first of all, next time draft better at RB haha...
-Goatman[/quote]

I also had C. Portis and L. Jordan :cry:

I don't really like playing FF by going off of stats. I'm not a big stats guy. I just look at the game and play it out in my head. I just see Jones having a decent game rushing, probably scoring a touchdown. I just don't see Deuce doing much against the Cowboys defense. One reason I see it like this is because I feel the Saints defense is just average, meaning the Cowboys will probably put up a lot of points. This means there will be more pressure on Brees to air it out if they have to play from behind. Secondly, Reggie Bush had a GREAT game last week. You don't think there's a chance he may see the ball a little more this week? So I say sit Deuce and go with Jones. Is this the right call.... I have no fucking idea. It's just a suggestion.

[quote name='cgarb84']Is this the right call.... I have no fucking idea. It's just a suggestion.[/quote]

I agree. Fantasy football is so unpredictable...

unless you have LaDanian Tomlinson :lol:

[quote name='Mike23']Not to threadjack, but I have a similar problem. 2 of these:

Thanks.[/quote]

I'd say go with both the Barbers.

Marion steals a lot of TDs, while Tiki gets a lot of all purpose yards.

Kevin Jones (bad this year) + Minnesota run d (tenacious) = definite No.

Rudi Johnson is going against Oakland, historically weak at defense, but this year they're actually pretty good - especially with the maturing Morrison at linebacker.

I figure the Bengals will jump out on Oakland and will run the rest of the game, but it won't be too productive.

[quote name='Mike23']Not to threadjack, but I have a similar problem. 2 of these:

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
If your league points are based more on TDs I would go with Marion barber and Rudi. If yards play a big part in scoring I would go with Tiki and Rudi.

bread's done
Back